almaty

homeland security

13 posts in this topic

i have a friend who was orginally from canada and works near me..her mother, a fine woman of 80, is a british citizen never changed her citizenship, even though she lived in canada for several years and moved to usa over 40 years ago...well, in st louis, she now has been fingerprinted 3 times now and they have not had a clear read ? ...at the federal bldg..note..no parking there and a chopf##k type of place....they given her one last appointment and told her if it fails then she has to get police records from every state or locality she lived in since she moved to usa...

note: she has previously in years pass, been fingerprinted at least 4 times..

the lady is in poor health...and has complied with all their request but if they cannot obtain the fingerprint, she is ######....just wrong

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

That poor woman! These people just cannot think outside the box at all. That makes me mad that they would put an 80 year old woman through this...wrong wrong wrong!

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yeah 80 year old granny's could pose a real threat to the US............................seriously that is just WRONG.

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Just watch the Monty Python episode about the Hell Grannies and you'll understand. ;)

But seriously, that is crazy. Even if she had committed a crime in any of the locations she lived before moving to the US, it wouldn't show on her police records anymore.

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Brother Dean,

Just totally wrong. If it was me I would get in touch with the Omsbudsman office and senator to get assistance. Pray that they get this resolved soon.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Well, dean, the first reaction is that this is just wrong. But we really gotta watch out for them 80+ year old females. They are, after all, potential terrorist threads. Did you not know this? :whistle:

i did not reinhard..thanks i am sure the president has a wiretap on her too... :yes:

Just watch the Monty Python episode about the Hell Grannies and you'll understand. ;)

But seriously, that is crazy. Even if she had committed a crime in any of the locations she lived before moving to the US, it wouldn't show on her police records anymore.

i think she has not comitted any crimes in her life and has been through this several times..her daughter, still a canada citizen, got her new green card 2 weeks after the 1st fingerprint..mother has been going through this for 3 months...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

That poor woman! These people just cannot think outside the box at all. That makes me mad that they would put an 80 year old woman through this...wrong wrong wrong!

That really is terrible but just the same as over here in the UK, a women of 50 something years was told that she would be deported back to the USA even though she has lived here for over 40 of those years, had a british passport but just because she went out of the country on holiday and for some reason it was picked up on her return that she was still an american and the idiots, as you say cannot think outside the "golden rule book" turns your stomach when you see some of the undesirables that are allowed to remain. Luckily, the media got hold of it and basically made our immigration department look idiotic, well yes!!!

I hope things work out for this lady , when you think about it, what would the poor soul do over here where she probably has no family at all, it would rench the heart out of her. Cruel to say the least.

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: Timeline
Well, dean, the first reaction is that this is just wrong. But we really gotta watch out for them 80+ year old females. They are, after all, potential terrorist threads. Did you not know this? :whistle:
i did not reinhard..thanks i am sure the president has a wiretap on her too... :yes:

Absolutely. I feel much safer already... :huh:

Procedure gone wild.

The requirement that an applicant whos prints come back unreadable more than a certain # of times, get police records from every place he or she lived since the age of 16... really is in the books. They are just doing their job. It may be a stupid requirement, but they are not out to harass her. They're just following procedure.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Procedure gone wild.

The requirement that an applicant whos prints come back unreadable more than a certain # of times, get police records from every place he or she lived since the age of 16... really is in the books. They are just doing their job. It may be a stupid requirement, but they are not out to harass her. They're just following procedure.

i know, but damn..age 80...in usa 40 years....hopefully, this time the prints take..they using a laser type and maybe there is some correlation between warmth of body and the prints??

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Procedure gone wild.

i know, but damn..age 80...in usa 40 years....hopefully, this time the prints take..they using a laser type and maybe there is some correlation between warmth of body and the prints??

I hear ya.. it will be a challenge. There are always exceptions though, for example when health doesn't allow... this sounds like a good opp'ty for a congressman to earn his pay, imho.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

i think she has not comitted any crimes in her life and has been through this several times..her daughter, still a canada citizen, got her new green card 2 weeks after the 1st fingerprint..mother has been going through this for 3 months...

I didn't think she had committed a crime. This just shows the problem of xenophobic paranoia as the main policy at DHS.

What happened to her old green card and the fingerprints she had to do for it??

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.