12 posts in this topic

I was reading that AP has different types may b not too many but AP has.

So my question is that to keep in view islamabad US embassy which types of AP are taking much time and which one AP is taking less time?

One more question is that CO put on AP coz of missing document and he also told me that i can send them my passport with missing document and it can take minimum 6 weeks, So do you guys hav seen that AP could be over before six weeks?

And if yes what would be the average of that kind of the cases which has received thier visas before 6 weeks>

Sibtain

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello AP can take as long as a year. Since it is just missing documentation and they requested your passport with the missing document, you should be quick. There is no guarantee that it will be just 6 weeks. There is not enough information on AP to even give you a rough estimate.

Good luck!

So my question is that to keep in view islamabad US embassy which types of AP are taking much time and which one AP is taking less time?

One more question is that CO put on AP coz of missing document and he also told me that i can send them my passport with missing document and it can take minimum 6 weeks, So do you guys hav seen that AP could be over before six weeks?

And if yes what would be the average of that kind of the cases which has received thier visas before 6 weeks>

Sibtain

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Timeline
Hello AP can take as long as a year. Since it is just missing documentation and they requested your passport with the missing document, you should be quick. There is no guarantee that it will be just 6 weeks. There is not enough information on AP to even give you a rough estimate.

Good luck!

Sibtain

brother i was in ap only for 20 months , so i cant talk on your behalf , but pray , remember Allah , and believe in Allah will give u peace of mind and soul ,

do submit what they told you , also send your passport that will save your time ,

my prayers r with you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline
brother i was in ap only for 20 months , so i cant talk on your behalf , but pray , remember Allah , and believe in Allah will give u peace of mind and soul ,

do submit what they told you , also send your passport that will save your time ,

my prayers r with you

Chaingang where ya been? Any progress on your visa? I hope so!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey chaingang--what is going on? Tammy finished--how are you doing with your visa? Anything?

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: Timeline
Hey chaingang--what is going on? Tammy finished--how are you doing with your visa? Anything?

hey wontara , miamiwife i hope you guys are fine , well i am still waiting for them

This time i called embassy and they told me that we are reviewing your police and medical report and once we are done with that we will let u know , i told him its 3 weeks now , he told me that we have only one guy to review medical and police report and we have thousands and thousands of applicants ,

so one guy is reviewing all those police and medical report thats why he said it can be time consuming ,,,,,,,,,

he told me we received your documents on 4th of november and i sent them on 27th of october , i wonder why would they say we received on 4th of november ,

it means i wont count on days in october and 3 days of november means that one week is gone

then 2 saturdays and sundays and on last tuesday they were closed too , so those 5 days are also gone

7 days earlier plus 5 days = 12 days

so i think those 12 days are wasted from total of 22 days

so lets hope and pray for the best but i will wait coz Allah says in Surah hajj (The pilgrimage) chapter no 22 verse no 15

"Whoever thinks that Allah will not help him (Muhammad SAW) in this world and in the Hereafter, let him stretch out a rope to the ceiling and let him strangle himself. Then let him see whether his plan will remove that whereat he rages! "

hope , patience , believe in Allah , strong faith in Allah will make our lives easy

May Allah give us peace of mind and soul and help us in our hard days of our lives

Amin

ya Raball AAlmin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline

hey wontara , miamiwife i hope you guys are fine , well i am still waiting for them

This time i called embassy and they told me that we are reviewing your police and medical report and once we are done with that we will let u know , i told him its 3 weeks now , he told me that we have only one guy to review medical and police report and we have thousands and thousands of applicants ,

so one guy is reviewing all those police and medical report thats why he said it can be time consuming ,,,,,,,,,

he told me we received your documents on 4th of november and i sent them on 27th of october , i wonder why would they say we received on 4th of november ,

it means i wont count on days in october and 3 days of november means that one week is gone

then 2 saturdays and sundays and on last tuesday they were closed too , so those 5 days are also gone

so lets hope and pray for the best but i will wait coz Allah says in Surah hajj (The pilgrimage) chapter no 22 verse no 15

"Whoever thinks that Allah will not help him (Muhammad SAW) in this world and in the Hereafter, let him stretch out a rope to the ceiling and let him strangle himself. Then let him see whether his plan will remove that whereat he rages! "

hope , patience , believe in Allah , strong faith in Allah will make our lives easy

May Allah give us peace of mind and soul and help us in our hard days of our lives

Amin

ya Raball AAlmin

Hopefully it will be soon, I want you to see your wife and babies.

Me, I am up and down but I cannot complain. God brought me and my fiance together across the ocean and I will see him 4 weeks from today! :dance:

You are so right, patience is very important. When the time is right for us all, it will come. I can't wait to see your dancing men!

Amin

ya Raball AAlmin

Hopefully it will be soon, I want you to see your wife and babies.

Me, I am up and down but I cannot complain. God brought me and my fiance together across the ocean and I will see him 4 weeks from today! :dance:

You are so right, patience is very important. When the time is right for us all, it will come. I can't wait to see your dancing men!

WanTanNara, Chaingang, I am so very deeply wishing for good news from you guys.

God bless,

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Regarding AP in Islamabad: my fiance was also asked to submit his passport following his interview. We have been in AP for close to 7 months, and they have had his passport this entire time.

This is not uncommon and the interviewer can ask for the passport to be left and then it will be sent to the person once the visa is issued. Your fiance is from Afghanistan and having his passport left at the embassy keeps him from having to travel back to pick it up once approved. That is a very long return trip.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

But here comes a very important question that Why CO ask for passport while there is a AP.

If some one has any answer plz explain it and if not then atleast paste your views about it.

Thanx

Sibtain

Edited by SIBTAIN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.