VSC NO approvals and NO touches for the week of November 17th

57 posts in this topic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

rob, as far as I know, anyone involved in a document can get an apostile on it. an apostile is in fact an international recognized way to notarize documents. because these documents r not standard everywhere in the world, to prove they r legal documents issued by officials and not some photoshop documents, they need to get an apostile from the country where they have been issued. here that is made by a notary, or there r official translation offices for documents which also have the right to issue appostiles on documents they translate.

as for cigator, thats funny. to be ignored that way. here the court specificaly requires for an authorized translator if one involved in the wedding isnt romanian citizen and not romanian speaker. even if would be clear for everyone who gets in front of a marriage officer is a civil wedding, and they sign a marriage document at the end, I think they want to make sure that all those involved are aware of what they r doing. so our civil ceremony was in both romanian and english, and the marriage certificate was issued in romanian and english too. thats why we didnt have to translate it for USCIS, and also why we didnt put an apostile on it. now I am getting a lil nervous about this apostile thing, but I hope there will be no problem. because if they ask for apostile will slow us down a lot. my husband to send the documents here, me to go get the apostile and mail them back. ufffff, hope wont be the case. id like to hear from those who got their NOA2 if they had apostiles.ty

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
rob, as far as I know, anyone involved in a document can get an apostile on it. an apostile is in fact an international recognized way to notarize documents. because these documents r not standard everywhere in the world, to prove they r legal documents issued by officials and not some photoshop documents, they need to get an apostile from the country where they have been issued. here that is made by a notary, or there r official translation offices for documents which also have the right to issue appostiles on documents they translate.

as for cigator, thats funny. to be ignored that way. here the court specificaly requires for an authorized translator if one involved in the wedding isnt romanian citizen and not romanian speaker. even if would be clear for everyone who gets in front of a marriage officer is a civil wedding, and they sign a marriage document at the end, I think they want to make sure that all those involved are aware of what they r doing. so our civil ceremony was in both romanian and english, and the marriage certificate was issued in romanian and english too. thats why we didnt have to translate it for USCIS, and also why we didnt put an apostile on it. now I am getting a lil nervous about this apostile thing, but I hope there will be no problem. because if they ask for apostile will slow us down a lot. my husband to send the documents here, me to go get the apostile and mail them back. ufffff, hope wont be the case. id like to hear from those who got their NOA2 if they had apostiles.ty

As far as I know...a lot of people submitted things without an apostille. I don't think it's required...not sure though. I needed one for my marriage in the Netherlands, not for my stuff in the US.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I just saw that new processing dates for VSC were posted:

I-129F March 7, 2008

I-130 February 26, 2008

Edited by Daniele & Jen

Citizenship

11/01/2011 N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX

11/28/2011 Placed in line for interview (no biometrics)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Am I getting paranoid or cases with 5/7 and 5/8 touches seem to get left behind???

also I see an approval rate of 83% on K-3 from March/VSC... WHAT the heck is happening to us 17% ??? Why why why why is it taking them so long? It all seemed great back in August/Sept!

:angry:

I just updated the spreadsheet:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p-9...Rqfdg&gid=3

Look at the recent approvals in green compared with the NOA1's. You can see there at 7 months.

just something interesting.

Timeline

Something is going on. I think that it has to do with that union stuff someone posted awhile back. Maybe now they aren't allowed to work more than 8 hours a day and have to have holidays and weekends off... or now they have to pay more so they let go of people to make up for the pay increase...something is going on, and I have a feeling it has to do with that union stuff that was in the news.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

just noticed a mid-late March filer (IR1/CR1) who got transferred from VSC to CSC recently getting approved....I have a feeling that we will see those who got recently transferred getting approved way before us March filers left at VSC. I think CSC will start cranking out April and May filers too from the transferred lot.

Get ready. It's about to get much more aggravating and frustrating....you ain't nothing yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
just noticed a mid-late March filer (IR1/CR1) who got transferred from VSC to CSC recently getting approved....I have a feeling that we will see those who got recently transferred getting approved way before us March filers left at VSC. I think CSC will start cranking out April and May filers too from the transferred lot.

Get ready. It's about to get much more aggravating and frustrating....you ain't nothing yet.

CJ - how did you appointment with the congress aide go?

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys look like there was an approval from last week posted today. For Debbie has a I-129F NOA on March 24, 2008 and got approved last week. They found out by calling VSC customer service. How do you reach VSC?

CR-1

I-130 NOA 1- 3/20/08

I-I30 touched- 3/26/08

I-130 APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

Generate DS-3032- NA

Generate AOS Bill- 12/18/08

E-mail DS-3032- NA

Mail Hard Copy DS-3032- NA

NVC Accept DS-3032- NA

AOS Bill Marked 'Paid'- 12/31/08

Generate IV Bill- 12/18/08

IV Bill Marked "Paid"- 12/31/08

Send AOS Package- 12/31/08

Send IV Pacakge- 12/31/08

NVC Receive AOS Package- 1/2/09

NVC Receive IV Package- 1/2/09

NVC Case Complete- 1/22/09

Wife Completes Medical- 2/7/09

NVC Schedules CR-1 Case- 2/10/09

Wife Submits documents for K-3 Interview- 2/12/09

NVC Sends Case to Mumbai Consulate- 2/18/09

Case arrives in Mumbai- 2/23/09

Consulate confirms willingness to issue CR-1 on K-3 interview date- 2/23/09

Original K-3 interview, but APPROVED for CR-1 as file arrived in time!!- 2/26/09

Original CR-1 Interview, assumed to be cancelled as not necessary- 3/5/09

POE- New York- 3/7/09

K-3

I-129F NOA 1- 4/11/08

I-129F touched- 5/14/08

I-129F APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

I-129F Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

NVC Send Case to Mumbai Consulate- 12/17/08

Consulate Receives Case- 12/20/08

Consulate Send Packet 3- 12/22/08

Wife Send Packet 3 to Consulate- 12/25/08

Consulate Receive Packet 3- 1/2/09

Consulate Schedules Interview, sends Packet 4- 1/2/09

Wife Receives Packet 4, K-3 Leg Complete- 1/13/09

Timeline

Another day passes, and no approval...

Well, at this rate, I guess I should be happy! Cause I think if I actually got an approval I might just go into cardiac arrest!

How are my March filers doing out there?

Oh, and there is a little bit of a pulse at VSC. I finally, after 2 months, got reciepts for my step-kids petitions. I was surprised though. The envelope wasn't from USCIS. It was from "Vermont Service Center TD"

What do you guys wanna say the TD stands for?

Totally dumb?

Terrible dirtbags?

We can go all day with this game LOOOOOOOL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I can hardly believe it! I received two CRIS emails just a few minutes ago and our I-129F and I-130 have been APPROVED!!! My Congressman's office checked into our case this week so maybe that was the extra push that was needed! Thank you all for your encouragement over the past months. You all remain in my prayers that you will be soon reunited with your loved ones!

Citizenship

11/01/2011 N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX

11/28/2011 Placed in line for interview (no biometrics)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations!!! You have the exact same NOA1 dates as I do!! For what that's worth!

CR-1

I-130 NOA 1- 3/20/08

I-I30 touched- 3/26/08

I-130 APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

Generate DS-3032- NA

Generate AOS Bill- 12/18/08

E-mail DS-3032- NA

Mail Hard Copy DS-3032- NA

NVC Accept DS-3032- NA

AOS Bill Marked 'Paid'- 12/31/08

Generate IV Bill- 12/18/08

IV Bill Marked "Paid"- 12/31/08

Send AOS Package- 12/31/08

Send IV Pacakge- 12/31/08

NVC Receive AOS Package- 1/2/09

NVC Receive IV Package- 1/2/09

NVC Case Complete- 1/22/09

Wife Completes Medical- 2/7/09

NVC Schedules CR-1 Case- 2/10/09

Wife Submits documents for K-3 Interview- 2/12/09

NVC Sends Case to Mumbai Consulate- 2/18/09

Case arrives in Mumbai- 2/23/09

Consulate confirms willingness to issue CR-1 on K-3 interview date- 2/23/09

Original K-3 interview, but APPROVED for CR-1 as file arrived in time!!- 2/26/09

Original CR-1 Interview, assumed to be cancelled as not necessary- 3/5/09

POE- New York- 3/7/09

K-3

I-129F NOA 1- 4/11/08

I-129F touched- 5/14/08

I-129F APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

I-129F Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

NVC Send Case to Mumbai Consulate- 12/17/08

Consulate Receives Case- 12/20/08

Consulate Send Packet 3- 12/22/08

Wife Send Packet 3 to Consulate- 12/25/08

Consulate Receive Packet 3- 1/2/09

Consulate Schedules Interview, sends Packet 4- 1/2/09

Wife Receives Packet 4, K-3 Leg Complete- 1/13/09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
I can hardly believe it! I received two CRIS emails just a few minutes ago and our I-129F and I-130 have been APPROVED!!! My Congressman's office checked into our case this week so maybe that was the extra push that was needed! Thank you all for your encouragement over the past months. You all remain in my prayers that you will be soon reunited with your loved ones!

Congrats!

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.