shadow1188

married name or maiden name on plane tickets?!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello, everybody!

I am planning to travel to Europe this summer. I recently got my Green Card. In what name should I get my airline tickets?! Is it ok names don't match on my passport & GC? I've posted similar post, I just would love to hear more expeciences. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

:blink:

P.S. Has anybody travelled to Poland with this situation?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I was in the same situation than you going to Europe.

My airline ticket was with my maiden name ( maiden name in passport ).

Bring along with you your marriage certificate to.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
The tickets need to match your ID, or bring a copy of your marriage cert with you.

The name on the ticket must match the name that is on the ID Page of the passport. You can bring your marriage certificate with you to bridge the gap with CBP when you get back...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Timeline

The name on the ticket must match the name that is on the ID Page of the passport. You can bring your marriage certificate with you to bridge the gap with CBP when you get back...

I was gonna get tickets on my married name change my passport to a new name while in my country. Do you thing it would work?

Timeline

I was gonna get tickets on my married name change my passport to a new name while in my country. Do you thing it would work?

If you don't have the tickets in your maiden name you won't get on the plane to get to your home country. If you change you name in your home country, you won't be able to get back...

Sorry, this is a case where you won't be able to change your passport in your home country. Get it done at your embassy either before you go if you have enough time, or after you return...

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My plane tickets are booked in my maiden name, since my passport is still in my maiden name.

I use my passport to fly out of the US and to get into Canada.

I use my passport as my ID to get through security in Canada, since my airline tickets are in my maiden name.

I use my green card and my copy of my marriage certificate to get back into the US.

I have done this successfully with no problems.

The airline might tell you that it's ok to have your tickets in your married name (with copy of marriage certificate), but the lovely folks at the security checkpoint may not feel the same way. It's up to you.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
My plane tickets are booked in my maiden name, since my passport is still in my maiden name.

I use my passport to fly out of the US and to get into Canada.

I use my passport as my ID to get through security in Canada, since my airline tickets are in my maiden name.

I use my green card and my copy of my marriage certificate to get back into the US.

I have done this successfully with no problems.

The airline might tell you that it's ok to have your tickets in your married name (with copy of marriage certificate), but the lovely folks at the security checkpoint may not feel the same way. It's up to you.

TSA will not allow you to board if the names are different... And the person who spoke to you on the phone is not the ticket agent.. it's merely an operator reading off a script. International Regulations require that the name on the ticket be the same as the name on the passport... (because they send the manifest to Customs while you're on the way there and the name on the manifest and the passport must match.)

If you want to board on your married name, you have to get a new passport before you leave. It's really no big deal to make the tickets in your maiden name... Just bring your marriage certificate if there are any questions.

Edited by zyggy

Timeline

In future we will have a similar problem. My wife is changing her name to married name. She can replace her passport only in Russia. It means that she will have passport with maiden name during departure, and passport with married name during arrival.

I consulted Russian Airlines, Aeroflot, what to do in such case? They advised to print on a ticket double name (Maiden-Married).

August 1, 2005 - I-129F was sent to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->CSC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

August 6, 2005 - NOA1 was issued

August 10, 2005 - NOA1 in mail

October 19, 2005 - NOA2 was issued!

February 14, 2006 - Successful interview at Moscow

April 29, 2006 - wedding in the USA

May 15, 2006 - sent documents for AOS

May 23, 2006 - NOA date

June 13, 2006 - biometrics

June 29, 2006 - NOA for an initial interview on August 21, 2006

August 21, 2006 - Successful interview in San Francisco

Ok, I work for an airline and for years worked in the airport, up until about a month ago. To get thru security you need a government issued I.D. that matches the name on your ticket. The best way is to yes, match your name to your passport, because that is the easiest and smoothest checkin. For the return ticket, if you plan to get your name changed to your married name, if the government there will let you keep both passports, just have both of them handy for travel. 1 to checkin with that they may mark thru, or stamp invalid, thern the new one that shows that you changed your name. Since you will be using the second half of a return ticket, you won't get so much trouble from the airline for name issues. As far as US customs, I'm sure if you have all of your documentation it should be no problem. Hope that helps.

panama17xu.gif texas19sn.gif

pequen4io.jpg

Married January 18, 2006

08 JUN 2006.....AP document recieved :)

09 JUN 2006.....regular EAD approval

14 JUN 2006.....regular EAD recieved in mail

22 JUL 2006......AOS and EAD (?) touched...moving along maybe? :)

21 AUG 2006....Recieved interview letter!

26 SEP 2006.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 SEP 2006.....APPROVED WITH FLYING COLORS!

05 OCT 2006....Welcome letter recieved

11 OCT 2006....THE CARD ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!!

15 SEP 2008.....Sent for removal of conditions

24 SEP 2008.....NOA for removal of conditions

10 MAR 2009....Transferred from VSC to CSC

22 MAY 2009.....REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS APPROVED!!!!!! :) Citizenship here we come!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.