RonnieKris

LOOOKKKKK!!!!!!

137 posts in this topic

Well I haven't experienced it any in a social setting here so I don't know. But it sure is frustrating here on this forum.

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Didn't mean to start an argument here :) I was mostly talking in terms of this forum. My wife has been here for 6 months now. I come to this forum to read what other filipinas (like yourselves) and their SO's have to say. I come here to learn about the filipino culture, filipino specific immigration issues, and married life with a filipina from both sides. When someone speaks Tagalog here I feel completely lost and left out of something that might better mine and my wife's life here. Take this thread for example it starts off "im going back to the phils" then the next post says what I am thinking "why going back...". What comes after that is nothing but Tagalog or people like me trying to get a summary at least of whats going on. Maybe the reasons the OP is wanting to go back to the Philippines is things that I can prevent with my wife. Maybe the other filipinas are giving her good advice that I can share with my wife. Instead I don't understand anything.

I can understanding filipinas wanting to speak their native language especially when they are feeling homesick. I don't mind when my wife and I go out and say go to the filipino store thats close by and she and the people there are only speaking Tagalog. I don't want to take her language or her culture. In fact I do want to learn Tagalog and when my baby is born I want him or her to grow up speaking both languages. This forum is different however. Everyone on these forums speak English so thats what should be spoken. It is not proper forum etiquette on any forum where the base is English and a small group of people constantly speak a different language. Why doesn't someone create a "~Tagalog Thread~" where filipinas can talk to other filipinas about whatever they wish in Tagalog. The forums should be used for discussions in English. These regional forums were here for people to talk about travel, culture, food, etc of the specific region, not for people of only that region to talk in their native tongue.

your proposal for a tagalog speaking forum makes a lot of sense. and so does the rest of your post. we are told that we need to prepare and educate ourselve's about our spouce's culture and the changes she will experience when she arrives here. but when we try to learn we are blocked by a language barrier that is not nessesary. cause the peeps on the forum do speak english. I have no problem with tagalog or any other dialect. but there is a time and place for it. and I just don't think this forum is it. so as we are trying to get ready and make adjustments for our spouces arrival. maybe they should try to understand us a little also. and help us learn, so we can be more comforting to them when they arrive, by speaking english and better teaching us what to look out for.

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok...hayaan na natin ang mga pips na ayaw sa ating lenguahi....

manood nalang kayo ng kahit isang saglit...at betty la fea at kung ano ano pa sa TFC at kung wala naman TFC..gaya ko :) dito nalang natin panoorin sa

www.pinoychannel.tv

maligayang pasko nga pala sa lahat ng nakakaintindi :)

Edited by shining_angel

AOS -
08-08-08 - Filed AOS with EAD and AP
08-18-08 - NOA for EAD,AP and AOS
08-21-08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter
09-09-08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am Kansas City
09-18-08 - I-485 transferred to CSC (got an email from USCIS)
10-07-08 - EAD Touched
10-19-08 - My birthday / Found out I am Pregnant!
10-22-08 - Grief, Pain, Sadness
11-06-08 - EAD card ordered; AP approved (USCIS website)
01-16-09 - AOS Touched
02-23-09 - Green Card (conditional) and welcome letter received in the mail
02-24-09 - Got the job in boyce and bynum lab

"When I bring my worries b4 d throne of Grace, I am at peace bcos I know my God is in full control"

My Website

aha ka dri sa US???wala lay maingon dri.. Homesick ug nosebleed akong gibati run.. hehehe

ai gudluck d i sa inyo nga mga ngwait ..

wala ka nag-inusara, daghan na ta homesick... and totally bored sa balay especially pag mulakaw/mutrabaho si hubby... additional pa ang feeling nako na murag useless kaayo kay waz man lang matabang sa financial needs namo.. been independent for the past decades and it is very hard to just sit back and do nothing especially with the economic situation now... of course hubby says I am already doing my part as best as I can by sharing with household chores, cooking, and etc but still lisod jud if you have been used to working and earning your own keep before...

neiwez, good luck sa imo, mawala ra man daw ni pagiging homesick ingon sila... and basi naa mga asian store sa palibot diha sa inyo, palit lang bulad ug tinapa basi makatabang sa kamingaw :yes: i have my supply diri sa filipino foods and since I am the one who usually cook in our house, agwanta si bana sa 'weird' filipino foods oi, ganahan naman pud sya bisan sige katawa mga relatives when hubby told them about our 'rice, eggs and hotdogs' in the morning (di baya pud pirmi)... la ko kasabot unsa nakalain ana baya na food combo, bahala sila basta mukaon ko rice sa morning period.

Hi sis! welcome back! kasabot man ko sis gamay. Gimingaw nka sis? naa pa mi diri sa Bicol, basig 1st week Dec. pa flight, ambot kung kanunsa mi mulupad,LOL. bhala na si batman oi. Pila maximum months muhulat before ta maka work sis? depressing man lagi karon kya hapit na winter no? maayo kay naa diha 2 kids nimo..

Waa, lisod kaayo binsaya, trying hard ,hahaha..miss u sis...ayo-ayo diha!!!

God bless.

Bakit di ka na lang dyan magpasko? Ay naku alam nyo ba tawa ng tawa asawa ko sa mga post nyo at di nya maintindihan,Im from manila pero tga Albay ang magulang ko at medyo naiintindihan ko mga post nyo. Actually asawa ko ang active dito tapos pinasabsa nya sakin mga post nyo. Sa mga nababagot,isipin nyo na lang kung gano kahirap ngayon mamuhay sa Pinas although bagsak economy ng US ngayon medyo mas mabuti kesa babalik tayo sa bansa natin,gayunpaman wala rin akong balak manirahan ng matagal dito,kapag retired na rin asawa ko sabi ko dun na lang kami sa Pinas. Godbless you all!!!!

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Honestly, I feel that ronjie and DEDixon have a totally unfair approach to this, study the langauge, instead of trying to stamp out the little exposure you find yourself forced to endure. If you want immersian into a langauge, this forum is one of those places to get that. I have no doubt that many people here while able to understand english and speak it well, find it very frustrating too, it's far more comfortable to speak and write in their native tongue. I remember my flight home, very specifically the first time I heard a native english speaker, it was something of a moment of clarity, I didn't have to concentrate to understand, it was loud and clear, the langauge I know. You feel left out when everyone else is speaking tagalog, then change yourself, instead of trying to force everyone else to change. Basically it's not about you, you have some valid points but you are ignoring everyone elses in favor of your own, selfish needs, your life is made easier if everyone speaks english around you, but you are making those who would prefer to speak their native tongue harder. It's rude to expect everyone else to cater to your personal needs!!!

I personally like the fact that this forum has a mix of english and tagalog, it gives me practice reading material that occassionally has some context, unfortunately I don't know enough tagalog yet to read many posts and know what the heck is being talked about, but with the help of a trusty dictionary and spending some time I can figure it out. I also know that if I have to I can ask a question here in english and an englihs answer will show up, so I CAN get the information I want.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Honestly, I feel that ronjie and DEDixon have a totally unfair approach to this, study the langauge, instead of trying to stamp out the little exposure you find yourself forced to endure. If you want immersian into a langauge, this forum is one of those places to get that. I have no doubt that many people here while able to understand english and speak it well, find it very frustrating too, it's far more comfortable to speak and write in their native tongue. I remember my flight home, very specifically the first time I heard a native english speaker, it was something of a moment of clarity, I didn't have to concentrate to understand, it was loud and clear, the langauge I know. You feel left out when everyone else is speaking tagalog, then change yourself, instead of trying to force everyone else to change. Basically it's not about you, you have some valid points but you are ignoring everyone elses in favor of your own, selfish needs, your life is made easier if everyone speaks english around you, but you are making those who would prefer to speak their native tongue harder. It's rude to expect everyone else to cater to your personal needs!!!

I personally like the fact that this forum has a mix of english and tagalog, it gives me practice reading material that occassionally has some context, unfortunately I don't know enough tagalog yet to read many posts and know what the heck is being talked about, but with the help of a trusty dictionary and spending some time I can figure it out. I also know that if I have to I can ask a question here in english and an englihs answer will show up, so I CAN get the information I want.

Well said Maliciant...a broad minded person! :thumbs:

Vida Taylor

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my point as well. You take too much pride on yourself not to take effort to learn our language. You want everyone around you to conform to your ways for your own convenience. Do you know why you feel left out? because you chose too, you don't want to listen or learn. If you put your ear or mind on to discussion you will find yourself immerse into the foreign language and surprisingly pick up couple of words and eventually figure out what they are talking about. If you can't, ask someone to translate the discussion for you, posts here are mostly in bisaya not in tagalog.

This forum is our comfort zone. Yes we know how to speak English but it's still different when you can use your own native tongue. Less effort to speak and write. It's like a nice break to use their language again. And we can fully express ourselves. We are not being rude. But if you start a thread and everyone is replying in another language then that is rude. If you want to know something ask, be humble. Everyone is willing to help you out. I did not find the rules of language etiquette here, if you have it please do furnish us such copy. But what I know is Give Respect to the OP if she opt to write in her own language.

You need to discuss this issue with your SO's, your frustrations are projected to this thread. Tell them how you feel when you have family gatherings and everyone starts to speak in diff language. Point it out to your wife when you are in the room everyone should talk in English. Then do your part as well study our language, don't take this a one sided effort. Be more open minded.

Some Pinoys find it difficult to speak in English, coz not everyone in Philippines and even in this forum are fluent in your language. It takes too much effort using English in the conversation, some cannot fully express themselves, and can be frustrating for them. It's like having a nose bleed, as pinoys would say it, because of too much pressure in their brain to converse with you. Eventually they feel embarrassed to speak in English coz they were not able to communicate well to you.

Study our language, be humble to ask and talk to your SO's re your issues during family gatherings.

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Timeline

my point as well. You take too much pride on yourself not to take effort to learn our language. You want everyone around you to conform to your ways for your own convenience. Do you know why you feel left out? because you chose too, you don't want to listen or learn. If you put your ear or mind on to discussion you will find yourself immerse into the foreign language and surprisingly pick up couple of words and eventually figure out what they are talking about. If you can't, ask someone to translate the discussion for you, posts here are mostly in bisaya not in tagalog.

This forum is our comfort zone. Yes we know how to speak English but it's still different when you can use your own native tongue. Less effort to speak and write. It's like a nice break to use their language again. And we can fully express ourselves. We are not being rude. But if you start a thread and everyone is replying in another language then that is rude. If you want to know something ask, be humble. Everyone is willing to help you out. I did not find the rules of language etiquette here, if you have it please do furnish us such copy. But what I know is Give Respect to the OP if she opt to write in her own language.

You need to discuss this issue with your SO's, your frustrations are projected to this thread. Tell them how you feel when you have family gatherings and everyone starts to speak in diff language. Point it out to your wife when you are in the room everyone should talk in English. Then do your part as well study our language, don't take this a one sided effort. Be more open minded.

Some Pinoys find it difficult to speak in English, coz not everyone in Philippines and even in this forum are fluent in your language. It takes too much effort using English in the conversation, some cannot fully express themselves, and can be frustrating for them. It's like having a nose bleed, as pinoys would say it, because of too much pressure in their brain to converse with you. Eventually they feel embarrassed to speak in English coz they were not able to communicate well to you.

Study our language, be humble to ask and talk to your SO's re your issues during family gatherings.

Absolutely true! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

12-05-08 Arrived at Detroit Airport

12-06-08 Cincinnati, Ohio

12-13- 08 Detroit, Maine ( Home )

01-25-09 Sent EAD to St. Albans, Vermont

01-27-09 Confirm St. Albans, Vermont received!

03-30-09 Approval notice sent

03-31-09 EAD sent for printing

04-01-09 EAD Card Mailed

04-04-09 EAD Card in Hand

04-07-09 Applied SSN ( need to wait a 10 days or 2 weeks to deliver)

01-15-2011 10 yrs Green Card Receive

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Können Sie Ihre Posten auf Englisch nächstem Mal schreiben?

Dies ist ein Pinoy Forum:)

nose bleed na naman ito. :):) joke lang po.

AOS -
08-08-08 - Filed AOS with EAD and AP
08-18-08 - NOA for EAD,AP and AOS
08-21-08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter
09-09-08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am Kansas City
09-18-08 - I-485 transferred to CSC (got an email from USCIS)
10-07-08 - EAD Touched
10-19-08 - My birthday / Found out I am Pregnant!
10-22-08 - Grief, Pain, Sadness
11-06-08 - EAD card ordered; AP approved (USCIS website)
01-16-09 - AOS Touched
02-23-09 - Green Card (conditional) and welcome letter received in the mail
02-24-09 - Got the job in boyce and bynum lab

"When I bring my worries b4 d throne of Grace, I am at peace bcos I know my God is in full control"

My Website

Können Sie Ihre Posten auf Englisch nächstem Mal schreiben?

Es ist, was ich gewollt habe, dass sie tun tsup2. So können wir alle verstehen, was sie reden.

:lol:

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

its absolutely crazy , not to mention unapretiative to finally arrive here, and then want to turn around and go back home in such a short time. Are people really that spoiled that they can't grow up and deal with the decision they made to start over in a new country. with their SO. Its getting old hearing people hiding behind the same old excuse of being homesick. yea I know its real and it exist. but like everything, it fades with time. I read about people that want to go home only a few months after they arrive or visit several times a year, back in their homeland. How on earth do you plan for a good future with your spouse. if you have no respect for money. or does everyone have an extra 5 or 10 thousand a year just to go home and see mommy. what about saving for your future or kids college.

:thumbs::thumbs:

04-09-2012-------------------- Sent N-400y date: 04/11/12)

05-11-2012-------------------- Biometric Letter received!

04-16-2012-------------------- NOA received (Priority date:04/11/12)

05-25-2012-------------------- Early Biometric !!!!(05-31-12--- Biometric Appnt.)

05-30-2012---------------------Placed in Lined for Interview Scheduling!!!

06-29-2012---------------------N-400 Notification,Scheduled for Interview!

07-05-2012---------------------Interview Letter received!

07-30-2012---------------------Interview! APPROVED!!!!

08-08-2012---------------------Oath Letter recieved!

08-15-2012---------------------Oath Ceremony!!!!

Timeline

its redundant to learn another language, when we already share a common language. not knowing tagalog won't hurt me. but not sharing things we should know to make the transition easier for our spouces will hurt them. I personaly would choose to learn another language that is useful like spanish or any other. like I said we already have a common language. like I said it has nothing to do with being selfish or rude. I would like to know what or how I can make life easier for my wife when she moves here. but I guess you don't and never will understand. ignorance is blessed !!!

Timeline

Absolutely true! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

your kidding me, right ?... do you know how many times someone has asked for a translation and has been totally ignored? no need to study a language when we already share one. if I learn some of it great. if not, no big deal. have you noticed that all the formal and gov't papers in the PI are in english. including street signs, etc. Edited by ronjie

I think I agree with Sheriff now. They should disband these region specific forums.

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.