RonnieKris

LOOOKKKKK!!!!!!

137 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
We are in Northern California too. Sacramento. My hubby calls me Inday too .

We're in Sacramento too!

On a side note I wish people would speak English more on here. I remember back when I was still preparing her for the interview and stuff I would read some topics that i thought would be helpful but everyone was speaking Tagalog. Its not just Filipinos that read this stuff.

I've complained about this too, but they always trivialize it in their response to my complaint. I'd make the site so that if a certain percentage of words didn't make it passed the spell checker, it wouldn't post.

I consider it rude to write in Tagalog on a website about immigrating to the United States of America.

I also consider it rude to speak in Tagalog when English only speakers are around, but they do this too. And they have excuses for this as well, but those excuses do not help me or allow me to join in the conversation.

when they speak in their own langauge, I guess they forget they have a spouse on this site too !! we are suppose to help them adjust to their new life here, and understand that they may be homesick. and help them through it. but we are constantly disrespected as spouses by being left out of the conversation. some people don't want help adjusting, they just want to whine and seek attention. How would they feel if we took them to a party or family gathering and left them alone to socialize and fend for themself. I guess the only way they will learn is when someone does it to them. this statement is only directed at the people who are rude and act like this.

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

GINAMOS LANG IMO ULION? HASKANG KABABAW MAN POD ANANG RASONA DAI OI! heehheehhh

BITAW NAA MAN SIGORO MGA PILIPINA DIHA ARON DILI KA MA HOMESICK...

SAYANG ANG GASTOS NI FAFA heheheehehhe!

ana man jud ang kinabuhi,kay ang kaminyoon gud dili man bed of roses matud pa nila.hhehehehehe.

have a safe trip.

maryajinusa134-1.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

IT IS VERY SIMPLE REASON TO BACK PHILS.JUST FOR THE (GINAMOS)heehehhehe

MAYBE ITS A LOT OF FILIPINA IN YOUR PLACE THAT YOU CAN TALK,SO THAT YOU WILL NOT FEEL HOMESICK.

WOW! FAFA SPEND MONEY FOR VISA JOURNEY...AND JUST IN A WHILE YOU WILL BACK?

BUT I RESPECT YOUR DECISION...A LOT SAID...MARRIED IS NOT A BED OF ROSES. ..hehhehehe

maryajinusa134-1.gif

Filed: Timeline
its absolutely crazy , not to mention unapretiative to finally arrive here, and then want to turn around and go back home in such a short time. Are people really that spoiled that they can't grow up and deal with the decision they made to start over in a new country. with their SO. Its getting old hearing people hiding behind the same old excuse of being homesick. yea I know its real and it exist. but like everything, it fades with time. I read about people that want to go home only a few months after they arrive or visit several times a year, back in their homeland. How on earth do you plan for a good future with your spouse. if you have no respect for money. or does everyone have an extra 5 or 10 thousand a year just to go home and see mommy. what about saving for your future or kids college.

You said it loud and clear. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

You said exactly what I was thinking....

and unfortunately I am starting to think that;

Some people (not all...so please I am not generalizing)...Do not understand

How hard it is to save money in the US.....(everything here cost twice or 3 times as much you are used to)

We get no remittance in the US....(at least I am speaking for my self)...tax free...

We get no Balikans boxes in the US.....(sorry about spelling)....

Money do not grow on trees...and the street are not paved with gold....in the US...

And if the economy in the US...keep on going on the rates is going now....

a lot of us will be sleeping in Cardboard boxes and having a "HUT" near the jungle will be a step up in luxury....

Sorry about the rant.....

We're in Sacramento too!

On a side note I wish people would speak English more on here. I remember back when I was still preparing her for the interview and stuff I would read some topics that i thought would be helpful but everyone was speaking Tagalog. Its not just Filipinos that read this stuff.

I've complained about this too, but they always trivialize it in their response to my complaint. I'd make the site so that if a certain percentage of words didn't make it passed the spell checker, it wouldn't post.

I consider it rude to write in Tagalog on a website about immigrating to the United States of America.

I also consider it rude to speak in Tagalog when English only speakers are around, but they do this too. And they have excuses for this as well, but those excuses do not help me or allow me to join in the conversation.

when they speak in their own langauge, I guess they forget they have a spouse on this site too !! we are suppose to help them adjust to their new life here, and understand that they may be homesick. and help them through it. but we are constantly disrespected as spouses by being left out of the conversation. some people don't want help adjusting, they just want to whine and seek attention. How would they feel if we took them to a party or family gathering and left them alone to socialize and fend for themself. I guess the only way they will learn is when someone does it to them. this statement is only directed at the people who are rude and act like this.

I see your timeline and it says your Filipina wife is not here yet. When she gets here, I am sure you will truly understand how it is for her to be away from her family that she grew up with especially if it is her first time to be away from them. If you dont understand why Filipinas will be "homesick" for a long period of time then you will never understand our culture and how close we are to our families growing up.

Most of my friends here who arrived earlier than me are still homesick because when they got here, after getting married and the honeymoon, they are left by themselves in the house while the husbands work, THE WHOLE DAY. And while they are waiting for EAD and AOS, they don't have anybody to turn to but fellow Filipinas who are in the same situation. Most of them spend time cleaning the house, chatting with friends, posting here in tagalog to friends and mind you, these are all non-immigrant issues, just ordinary talking among friends. If you deprive them of these "treat" while they await for their husbands to arrive from work, isn't that cruel? We are trying to survive in a world very different from ours and the most a husband can do is be supportive. Put yourself in our shoes and maybe you will understand better.

To add, when you started seeking out a non-USC to be your lifetime partner you should have known that you will be taking her out of her country , away from her family and friends, leave work and start all over again so expect that there will be homesickness and the adjustment process will be difiicult for most of us.Each individual is unique and different in how dealing with things. If one Filipina adjusted fairly well after arriving here don't expect all Filipinas to be the same.If you want to understand the conversation going on in tagalog all you have to do is ask your wife what it means. . . not a hard thing to do huh?

And to my fellow Filipinas, if you feel like talking in Tagalog in the Philippine forum, then do so. Sometimes people just don't understand how we miss the language. After all, this is America, and FREEDOM OF SPEECH is very highly regarded.

Mabuhay po tayo!

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Timeline

We're in Sacramento too!

I see your timeline and it says your Filipina wife is not here yet. When she gets here, I am sure you will truly understand how it is for her to be away from her family that she grew up with especially if it is her first time to be away from them. If you dont understand why Filipinas will be "homesick" for a long period of time then you will never understand our culture and how close we are to our families growing up.

Most of my friends here who arrived earlier than me are still homesick because when they got here, after getting married and the honeymoon, they are left by themselves in the house while the husbands work, THE WHOLE DAY. And while they are waiting for EAD and AOS, they don't have anybody to turn to but fellow Filipinas who are in the same situation. Most of them spend time cleaning the house, chatting with friends, posting here in tagalog to friends and mind you, these are all non-immigrant issues, just ordinary talking among friends. If you deprive them of these "treat" while they await for their husbands to arrive from work, isn't that cruel? We are trying to survive in a world very different from ours and the most a husband can do is be supportive. Put yourself in our shoes and maybe you will understand better.

To add, when you started seeking out a non-USC to be your lifetime partner you should have known that you will be taking her out of her country , away from her family and friends, leave work and start all over again so expect that there will be homesickness and the adjustment process will be difiicult for most of us.Each individual is unique and different in how dealing with things. If one Filipina adjusted fairly well after arriving here don't expect all Filipinas to be the same.If you want to understand the conversation going on in tagalog all you have to do is ask your wife what it means. . . not a hard thing to do huh?

And to my fellow Filipinas, if you feel like talking in Tagalog in the Philippine forum, then do so. Sometimes people just don't understand how we miss the language. After all, this is America, and FREEDOM OF SPEECH is very highly regarded.

Mabuhay po tayo!

there ya go whining again !! there are millions of people around the world that leave home for jobs and military reasons. not just filipinas. and I never searched for a foreign wife. we found each other on an american site for single parents.. nobody is depriving anyone of any treats here. if you need to chat in your language then do it on msn or yahoo instant messenger. I still hear poor, poor me. I am so far from home. YOU know that when you get involved in an international relationship. you must be careful what you ask for. for you just may get it !!!!!!

We're in Sacramento too!

Mabuhay po tayo!

there ya go whining again !! there are millions of people around the world that leave home for jobs and military reasons. not just filipinas. and I never searched for a foreign wife. we found each other on an american site for single parents.. nobody is depriving anyone of any treats here. if you need to chat in your language then do it on msn or yahoo instant messenger. I still hear poor, poor me. I am so far from home. YOU know that when you get involved in an international relationship. you must be careful what you ask for. for you just may get it !!!!!!

I am not whining and I have no problems coming here.I have been all over the world before relocating to USA so homesickness is not a big thing to me. I am speaking in behalf of my fellow Filipinas who are not in the same situation and find it hard to adjust a new life away from home. Anyway, you seem to not really understand what Im saying and I am not one who engages in petty talk. Goodluck to you, especially your wife. I hope when she "whines" about how she misses home, you won't say what you are saying now.

Godbless

Removal of Conditions :

Mabuhay po tayo!

I am not whining and I have no problems coming here.I have been all over the world before relocating to USA so homesickness is not a big thing to me. I am speaking in behalf of my fellow Filipinas who are not in the same situation and find it hard to adjust a new life away from home. Anyway, you seem to not really understand what Im saying and I am not one who engages in petty talk. Goodluck to you, especially your wife. I hope when she "whines" about how she misses home, you won't say what you are saying now.

Godbless

Hey Bravo on that say what you feel and if that person can't understad your post ,,, simply skip over it or maybe learn ther language i am taking Bisaya lessons for that very reason

2007-08-21Met through dating site

2007-10-12Hubby's first visit/met me and picked him up in Davao International Airport

2007-10-17Officially engaged to my one and only love hubby & formally proposed in front of my family

2007-10-22Flew back to the US

2008-02-022nd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Cebu International Airport

2008-02-04Went into the US embassy Cebu to get his certificate of legal capacity

2008-02-05Flew back together into Davao City and drove to Tagum City

2008-02-27Our awaited precious moment the WEDDING DAY!!!!

2008-03-04Hubby Flew back to the US

2009-05-013rd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Hong Kong International Airport

2009-05-02We went to Hong Kong disneyland (pretty amazing)

2009-05-03Flew back together into Manila and got his balikbayan visa to stay here with me for one year

2009-12-24First time we celebrate together the Christmas Eve (very much awesome!)

2009-12-31First time we celebrate together the New Years Eve (very much happy)

2010-01-07We celebrate together on his Birthday!

2010-01-15Celebrate together on his cutie wifey Birthday!

2010-01-25Sent I-130

2010-01-27Manila consulate received

2010-03-31I-130 approved(66 days)

2010-04-15NOA2 received

2010-04-22Packet 3 received(YaY)

2010-04-24DS230I & DS2001 Sent

2010-04-26Manila consulate received

2010-05-06Packet 4 received(Yepeyy)

2010-05-26-MEDICAL 7:00am(Passed)

2010-06-17-INTERVIEW 7:00 AM VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Lord !!!

2010-06-19 Recieved passport with visa via Air21 so fastttttt !!

2010-07-16 POE Detroit

2010-07-26 Recieved SS card

We're in Sacramento too!

Mabuhay po tayo!

Godbless

:thumbs: :thumbs:

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Timeline

We're in Sacramento too!

Mabuhay po tayo!

Godbless

good luck to the many husbands that have wifes that can't get over relocating and love the attention that whining brings. if your not speaking for yourself and you don't like petty talk then let your fellow fiipina's speak for themseves.

If you can't let go of some of the past, you will have a very hard time with the future !!

Hey Bravo on that say what you feel and if that person can't understad your post ,,, simply skip over it or maybe learn ther language i am taking Bisaya lessons for that very reason

God bless your good heart, your wife is one very lucky lady to have you for a spouse. My husband is also learning my language and we have fun .

Removal of Conditions :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think there are just some people who don't understand the value of respecting others opinions and thoughts. I keep on telling my husband that I missed home. Doesn't mean I wasn't ready for the life I am about to embrace in being with him. He used to tease me... "you sounds like your whining baby" and I just answer him.. "so what"? If that's how you call it then fine. He is really trying hard to learn my language and I am the one with no patient in teaching him. He doesn't felt left behind if I am with my Filipina friends and talking our own language ( he likes the sounds ) and just chose to smile even he doesn't understand anything. I am blessed to have him. I should say, he really has a wide range of understanding. Am I whining? SO WHAT? Gihigugma ko ikaw babe! Gimingaw ko sa akong yutang natawhan! Period!

Vida Taylor

Timeline

ya got what ya asked for. now suck it up and quit your whining :P

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mabuhay po tayo!

Ate, tama ka..hindi lang nila kasi na-intindihan gaano ka hirap ang pag adjust...iiwan ang lugar kung saan tayo lumaki, natuto, mga taong mahal natin, pagkain at weather pa. Buti sana kung magbakasyon lang sa USA hindi kaya....dito kaya mamalagi..at tama yung nakakamiss yung language.

Yung mga ibang tao na. nainis sa kakabasa ng pag rarant daw - sya kaya pumunta sa ibang lugar at walang nagsasalita ng englis. Mainis ba na mag tagalog or bisaya dito...hay ewan....kumukulo dugo ko sa mga taong ganyan.

Minsan kelangan natin na makipag-usap sa kapwa pinay sa ating lenguahi para maibsan ang kalungkutan. Eh bakit makarelate ba ang mga americano sa tuyo ang bagoong? diba hindi naman?

AOS -
08-08-08 - Filed AOS with EAD and AP
08-18-08 - NOA for EAD,AP and AOS
08-21-08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter
09-09-08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am Kansas City
09-18-08 - I-485 transferred to CSC (got an email from USCIS)
10-07-08 - EAD Touched
10-19-08 - My birthday / Found out I am Pregnant!
10-22-08 - Grief, Pain, Sadness
11-06-08 - EAD card ordered; AP approved (USCIS website)
01-16-09 - AOS Touched
02-23-09 - Green Card (conditional) and welcome letter received in the mail
02-24-09 - Got the job in boyce and bynum lab

"When I bring my worries b4 d throne of Grace, I am at peace bcos I know my God is in full control"

My Website

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I think there are just some people who don't understand the value of respecting others opinions and thoughts. I keep on telling my husband that I missed home. Doesn't mean I wasn't ready for the life I am about to embrace in being with him. He used to tease me... "you sounds like your whining baby" and I just answer him.. "so what"? If that's how you call it then fine. He is really trying hard to learn my language and I am the one with no patient in teaching him. He doesn't felt left behind if I am with my Filipina friends and talking our own language ( he likes the sounds ) and just chose to smile even he doesn't understand anything. I am blessed to have him. I should say, he really has a wide range of understanding. Am I whining? SO WHAT? Gihigugma ko ikaw babe! Gimingaw ko sa akong yutang natawhan! Period!

Vida Taylor

My husband doesnt mind too if i speak bisaya or tagalog when im with my friends even he is around. He is trying to learn 3 dialects (tagalog, bisaya ilonggo). Even we are here in the USA.....we are still pinay at talagang mamiss at mami-miss natin ang pinas especially kung malapit tayo sa ating pamilya.

AOS -
08-08-08 - Filed AOS with EAD and AP
08-18-08 - NOA for EAD,AP and AOS
08-21-08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter
09-09-08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am Kansas City
09-18-08 - I-485 transferred to CSC (got an email from USCIS)
10-07-08 - EAD Touched
10-19-08 - My birthday / Found out I am Pregnant!
10-22-08 - Grief, Pain, Sadness
11-06-08 - EAD card ordered; AP approved (USCIS website)
01-16-09 - AOS Touched
02-23-09 - Green Card (conditional) and welcome letter received in the mail
02-24-09 - Got the job in boyce and bynum lab

"When I bring my worries b4 d throne of Grace, I am at peace bcos I know my God is in full control"

My Website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.