CJ Vasani

VSC Approvals / Touches - Week of Nov 10

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I'm going to my congresswoman office today at 2pm....SHe hold an open time to the public 2 hours every monday. we'll see..........................

Well the woman dindt show up and when I called her, I made an appointment to sit down with the immigration guy in her office, directly on Wednesday afternoon. She said they have success with getting things moving at uscis...we'll see....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
I just got off the phone with someone at vsc and was told my case is with an adjudicator as of 11/7 and the the case is within processing times and that even with an adjudicator it will take at least 30 days for approval or some notice. She said there are many expedites to process and they are short handed. What to believe? So close yet sooooo far away. Back to the corner and wishing for some miracle. :(

I told you that I was seeing lots of people this last month who were approved, were all like really short wait times...I had a feeling they spent this last month working on expedites...just like the poor couple who just not got an answer on a expedite request they put in 6 months ago...October was the month they spent working on expedites...and probably they will be still working on them this month also... at this rate, I'm not even going to hope for more than getting an approval sometime in 2008/early 2009.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I'm going to my congresswoman office today at 2pm....SHe hold an open time to the public 2 hours every monday. we'll see..........................

Well the woman dindt show up and when I called her, I made an appointment to sit down with the immigration guy in her office, directly on Wednesday afternoon. She said they have success with getting things moving at uscis...we'll see....

Well, had a meeting with the congresswomans immigration aide. He called while I was in his office. he was told that it was sent to the processing unit on 10/27. To give it 30 days...same ole same ole. but at least it got something....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

It´s feel like it total stop at VSC, no good news come out, week after week we are patience and wait here.. I dont think im going to be approved this year, but I hope I have wrong, so I book now a new travel to US because I want to spend time with my husband.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I had the most disappointing call of this entire journey just now...I am so f'ing depressed and pissed at the same time. I called VSC because I can't fathom what's taking them so long adjudicate my applications. The officer who answered told me that they are still processing November 2007 applications and I will just have to wait. I went on to explain that I've already contacted my congressman and he assured me that someone has been looking at my files. She said, "Well, I really can't tell you that, but you can call your congressman again to file an expedite." According to her, NO ONE has looked my files and it is waiting on a shelf to be looked at...this is SOOOO frustrating....don't even know who and what to f'ing believe any more. If I don't hear something soon, I am gonna my congressman's aide a piece of my mind for lying.

Please make me believe that I can be with my wife by Jan....this is getting out of control!

Timeline
I had the most disappointing call of this entire journey just now...I am so f'ing depressed and pissed at the same time. I called VSC because I can't fathom what's taking them so long adjudicate my applications. The officer who answered told me that they are still processing November 2007 applications and I will just have to wait. I went on to explain that I've already contacted my congressman and he assured me that someone has been looking at my files. She said, "Well, I really can't tell you that, but you can call your congressman again to file an expedite." According to her, NO ONE has looked my files and it is waiting on a shelf to be looked at...this is SOOOO frustrating....don't even know who and what to f'ing believe any more. If I don't hear something soon, I am gonna my congressman's aide a piece of my mind for lying.

Please make me believe that I can be with my wife by Jan....this is getting out of control!

I hear you. People get paid a lot from our taxes lie, people who get paid low also lie. It's just unbelievably frtustrating. Especially when they say one thing and back out the next minute.

Because of their drama, I'm missing my wife and four marriages next month.

Unbelievable.

Timeline

I hear you. People get paid a lot from our taxes lie, people who get paid low also lie. It's just unbelievably frtustrating. Especially when they say one thing and back out the next minute.

Unbelievable.

Tell you what...I have an e-mail from my congressman's office stating that my applications are being looked at by an officer. If I don't hear something soon, I am sure I'll make them pay. I appreciate their efforts, but lying....I will not tolerate.

Timeline

Unbelievable.

Tell you what...I have an e-mail from my congressman's office stating that my applications are being looked at by an officer. If I don't hear something soon, I am sure I'll make them pay. I appreciate their efforts, but lying....I will not tolerate.

I know you don't wanna hear this because you've heard it enough, but give it till Thanksgiving/end of this month. If still no activity, then ask your congressman a direct question as to if they expect anything very soon or they won't be able to help you. I think that way it'll be hard for them to say 'no' and will do something (hopefully). In every attempt, put them in a situation where they don't have an alterntive. You probably already know this, but thought to put it in anyway.

Timeline

Unbelievable.

I know you don't wanna hear this because you've heard it enough, but give it till Thanksgiving/end of this month. If still no activity, then ask your congressman a direct question as to if they expect anything very soon or they won't be able to help you. I think that way it'll be hard for them to say 'no' and will do something (hopefully). In every attempt, put them in a situation where they don't have an alterntive. You probably already know this, but thought to put it in anyway.

All said and done...I don't think any of us have a freakin' choice but to wait. At the mercy of most inefficient systems in the world. When I speak to my wife about how things are smooth in USA in terms of getting things done, she doesn't believe me anymore. I've learned something in this process, government process is the least efficient and it's a universal truth.

I'll will have to wait until end of this month, because my congressman's aide doesn't like me calling too often.

Edited by CJ Vasani

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

CJ Man, I feel your stress. The whole deal is beyond insane. There was guy I saw on another thread who posted today who said he got approved, and his I-130 and I-129F were about a month after ours. While I'm really happy for that guy, it is freaking unbelievable that there is no rhyme or reason to the order in which they get these things done.

One thing I will tell you. Don't necessarily believe what the VSC agent told you today. I'm not saying she's wrong, but I know without question many of those agents up there lie often just to get people off the phone, because they are annoyed that people us are calling up there to inquire - they want us to deal with the national center. I had one woman at VSC about a week ago who said she nad no ability to look at my file on the computer (which we all know is BS), that I should direct my inquires to national. What better way to get a person off the phone quickly than to feed them a line like you got fed today, or like I got fed last week.

The problem becomes, they lie so often up there, you don't know what is the truth, and what is a lie. Please man be careful about going off on the VSC agents. I feel very much like you about this, and wish I could have 10 minutes with them in a dark alley. But, if you set one of them off too much up there, you never know if they may take your petition that was on the verge of being reviewed and just stick it back up on a shelf, just to F with you. That's the kind of power they have up there. And we can't do squat about it.

I'm stll thinking that, based on what I've seen, 8 months is probably their typical speed right now, with some getting done quicker, and a whole h*ll of a lot of them moving slower.

My suggestion, brother: Take a shot of your favorite drink (if you drink), do your best to have a decent weekend, and call up there again on Monday and see if you can get a different agent to give you a different story. To me, truth comes from corroboration. When you can get more than one agent to tell you the same specifics about your case over a short period of time, that's when you can start to believe what that agent told you. That's why I believe my case got sent to an officer on 11-1. An agent at VSC told me that in the morning of 11-4, and a second agent at national confirmed it for me about 3 hours later.

Trying to send some good mojo your way...hope it helps.

CJ-G

Unbelievable.

All said and done...I don't think any of us have a freakin' choice but to wait. At the mercy of most inefficient systems in the world. When I speak to my wife about how things are smooth in USA in terms of getting things done, she doesn't believe me anymore. I've learned something in this process, government process is the least efficient and it's a universal truth.

I'll will have to wait until end of this month, because my congressman's aide doesn't like me calling too often.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Well we know the whole Nov 2007 thing is BS because there have been quite a few people who filed Feb 2008 who got their K-3's and I-130's approved at the same time...and I've seen approvals like this in September 2008 (alot of approvals in September actually).

Yeah, they are incredibly frustrating. I keep trying to be hopeful, but deep in my heart I'm not expecting an answer from them until April 2009...a year from the date I began the process...I just have a feeling it's gonna take that long. Because their timeline only moves a few days up in the date...even though 2 months have passed...I remember months ago when the processing dates they were showing were for late January/early February...and here we are in November, and they are still only processing Feb 26 or 28th...whatever it is...

Timeline

CJ-G - Thanks for the support. I really had it today, but in hindsight, she WAS clueless like Lee L mentioned here. I had to tell her that your website says you are processing Feb 26, 2008, and she was like, "oh yeah, let me check the latest dates." I guess I hadn't any good news for a while and lost my senses in frustration. Between the market turmoil, daily volatility, recent layoff announcement (I work on Wall Street...yes, please feel sorry for me...I am at the bottom of a very weak chain) and this horrifyingly tortuous journey, I am left with nothing but my dearest Henieken for now ;-) I am not a 'shot' kinda guy, but I do love my beer. ;-) I will drink 10 gallons of it when I get the approval. For now, a bottle or two calms me down just right!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

:crying: Yes, guys! This is very sad. Me and my husband believe no one can help us. We simply don't feel like calling congressman, senator, whoever, anymore... No one has helped us! This is destroying our lives... We're now stressed, sick (physically sick) and broke. I keep trusting God that everything is under His control, but it really really hurts. Those guys at VSC could at least give us the correct information about what is really going on. But not even that is done. I know there are many many people in the world in a situation worst than ours, but nobody deserves this wait and the treatment they give us.

I confess I'm scared about the future. I love my husband a lot and I know he loves me the same way. But I'm very scared that things between us change because of this loooooooong wait. After 8 months living apart, our lives became distant, I mean, very few things in common besides the strong feeling we have for each other and the dream about a future we have no idea when is going to happen. We are hoping his visit now on Thanksgiving helps us to renew our strength. So we can wait for a couple more months a little bit less sad... :crying:

I wish that we all could be approved by the end of this month. :unsure:

Our Immigration Timeline:

Form I-130 sent to Chicago - 03/18/08 (Case in VSC)

NOA 1 - 03/26/08

Updates - 04/01/08; 06/16/08; 06/17/08

NOA 2 - 01/23/09

NVC received papers - 01/30/09

NVC generated DS 3032 and AOS bill - 02/02/09

DS 3032 sent by e-mail and snail mail - 02/02/09

NVC replied my e-mail confirming my choice of agent - 02/06/09

AOS bill received - 02/07/09

AOS bill and IV bill paid online - 02/07/09

AOS and IV display the PAID message - 02/11/09

AOS and DS-230 packages sent - 02/11/09

NVC received packages - 02/13/09

NVC sent RFE (mistake on DS-230) - 02/20/09

Form DS-230 re-sent (as requested) - 02/26/09

CASE COMPLETE - 03/05/09

Interview date assigned - 03/10/09

Case forwarded to the embassy - 03/11/09

Medical Examination - 04/08/09

CR1 interview - 04/09/09 - VISA APPROVED!

Visa in hand - 04/??/09

POE - 04/??/09

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.