Y's_habibitk

outside processing times

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well, I called USCIS today because our case will be outside normal processing time (tomorrow heh). I talked to Laura and she said.. "yes, you are outside normal times, let me get some information from you"..:waiting: then "umm, it wont let me put the service request in becasue it says VSC is working on petitions dated March 4th" I said, well thats not what is posted. She said well, it wont let me put it in... Let me put you on hold and see if there is anything else I can do for you. I said thank you of course.

So I was transferred to officer boswell. She was pretty unhappy and seemed a little annoyed that Laura transferred me to her. I told her what Laura said and she said "I dont know what she thought I could do, we work on the same system"

Long story short, and ms Boswell and I goin back and forth. Her saying "you need to understand that those times posted are ESTIMATES(like im retarded) and she kept saying that. I said ma'am, I know the meaning of the word estimate and approximation, but we are talking about a difference of 60 days..2 months. What can I do? She said.. you just need to realize that your case is going to take a little bit longer. :huh: (she said that like 2-3 times too)

I just kept persisting and she finally said that she COULD do an update review service request. I asked what that meant and she said that they "take a look at your case and see why it is taking so long". I said fantastic! lets do that.

She took some info..phone email ect and asked if my 129f was for a fiance' and I said, no its k3 (she got ALOT nicer) and said she totally understands that this is my husband and they developed the k3 to expedite the process for us . :D

Annnnyway, they now have 30 days to tell me why the case hasnt been adjudicated.

yeah!!!!!

Im so glad I just kept on her until she folded. That proves that they CAN do something.. and the BS answer of "VSC is currently processing cases dated March 4th" can be faught. :D

Lisa

I just want to add that I was persistent but I also was very sympathetic to the fact that she talks to angry people all day long (and I told her that)

Edited by Y_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Good for you, Lisa. Yeah, polite persistence is definitely the way to go with them. Within a week of USCIS finally accepting my request for status inquiry on Oct. 27, my case got sent to an officer for processing on Nov. 1. Waiting for the word now.

-CJ

Well, I called USCIS today because our case will be outside normal processing time (tomorrow heh). I talked to Laura and she said.. "yes, you are outside normal times, let me get some information from you"..:waiting: then "umm, it wont let me put the service request in becasue it says VSC is working on petitions dated March 4th" I said, well thats not what is posted. She said well, it wont let me put it in... Let me put you on hold and see if there is anything else I can do for you. I said thank you of course.

So I was transferred to officer boswell. She was pretty unhappy and seemed a little annoyed that Laura transferred me to her. I told her what Laura said and she said "I dont know what she thought I could do, we work on the same system"

Long story short, and ms Boswell and I goin back and forth. Her saying "you need to understand that those times posted are ESTIMATES(like im retarded) and she kept saying that. I said ma'am, I know the meaning of the word estimate and approximation, but we are talking about a difference of 60 days..2 months. What can I do? She said.. you just need to realize that your case is going to take a little bit longer. :huh: (she said that like 2-3 times too)

I just kept persisting and she finally said that she COULD do an update review service request. I asked what that meant and she said that they "take a look at your case and see why it is taking so long". I said fantastic! lets do that.

She took some info..phone email ect and asked if my 129f was for a fiance' and I said, no its k3 (she got ALOT nicer) and said she totally understands that this is my husband and they developed the k3 to expedite the process for us . :D

Annnnyway, they now have 30 days to tell me why the case hasnt been adjudicated.

yeah!!!!!

Im so glad I just kept on her until she folded. That proves that they CAN do something.. and the BS answer of "VSC is currently processing cases dated March 4th" can be faught. :D

Lisa

I just want to add that I was persistent but I also was very sympathetic to the fact that she talks to angry people all day long (and I told her that)

Timeline

awesome. I hope you hear something soon! :)

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
awesome. I hope you hear something soon! :)

Seems like both of you will have a reason to celebrate pretty soon :) Good luck!

God, I hope so

:thumbs:

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

THX MY LOVE!

you are doing great job!

bahbek ktheer

A 1000 MiLeS jOuRnEy BeGiNs WiTh 1 StEp.

coollogo_com_85561955.gif

thDSC04457.jpgthcutehabibiti.jpgthDSC04482.jpgthDSC04476.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/mejwez

i spent 15 months and 13 days without my wife.... enough said

http://www.4shared.com/file/87165041/271184eb/__-__.html

Timeline
oh no one more 30 days respond trick. I am waiting on that one from last 5 months. Wish u luck though.

My case is outside processing times.

How did you get an inquiry with your case being so "young" 5 months ago?

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I seriously doubt they processed a status inquiry for him. That is the typical response USCIS people give when a person calls who is "inside" processing times. I know of no one who was inside of processing times who got approved for a formal status inquiry, and seeing how he didn't say they gave him a confirmation #, my guess is what he's talking about is just the standard message of "call back in 30" they offer to get you off the phone.

-CJ

oh no one more 30 days respond trick. I am waiting on that one from last 5 months. Wish u luck though.

My case is outside processing times.

How did you get an inquiry with your case being so "young" 5 months ago?

Timeline

yep, thats what I was thinking also.

Here's to hopeful thoughts of approvals to come :D

Thanks!

Timeline
My receipt date for I-130 was May - 2nd. Is it already outside normal time? Which service center did you submit it to?

Thanks

Well the posted time says "6 months", so you are outside the processing times. However, when/if you call they are going to say that VSC is currently processing applications received March 4th. Be calm and polite but assertive and see if they will put in an update review request, at least.

The USCIS site says that when they arent in their "target processing time" then they will post dates (ex: march 4th) rather than "6 months". So, really VSC should say "March 4th", for 129f (k3) NOT "6 months".

Good Luck!

Lisa

Thanks!

Timeline
THX MY LOVE!

you are doing great job!

bahbek ktheer

ana wa inta ala al abad!

I will do anything and everything I can to get us processed and approved!

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.