Dave_n_Genna

Fiancee holiday visit, need PoE advice

66 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

But, do they keep track of the reasons you give customs for crossing the border? |:

Because once I said boyfriend, the other time I didn't mention who just that I was attending a military graduation.

I've only seen him 3 times, 2 I had to go there, and they only asked me who/what/why when I was re-entering Canada.

>__<

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
But, do they keep track of the reasons you give customs for crossing the border? |:

Because once I said boyfriend, the other time I didn't mention who just that I was attending a military graduation.

I've only seen him 3 times, 2 I had to go there, and they only asked me who/what/why when I was re-entering Canada.

>__<

I dont think they keep track for the simple reason that I have not seen them either writing or typing after asking you why you are entering.

2008-09-22: Mailed I-129f package.

2008-09-25: NOA1

2009-01-13: RFE

2009-02-17: NOA2

2009-02-25: NVC

2009-03-03: Package 3

If you pass through immigration quickly, its unlikely they would have anything recorded other than dates and places you entered.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Genna will be entering USA via LA. She does now have a letter of residence, as well as a letter stating that she is currently acting/employed as live-in Nanny for her brothers children and that she will be returning to that job and residence in January. I'm hoping that this is going to be enough to cover the whole employment thing.

She arrives in the USA in 9 hours... I'll let everyone know how it goes...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

They can put into the system anything that you tell them. Some put more than others... hard to know.

If you tell the truth (not offering more than is asked) and bring proof that you are returning to your home Country....well that's the best you can do.

Whether you get in or not has everything to do with the POE officer who is interviewing you. It is up to you to prove that you do not have immigrant intent. You can have a valid visa and all the proof in the world and still be denied. The officers decision is final.

ESTA is before you go... not when you're going back home. ;) I do know people who have voluntarily used it but have to say that I don't think i'd add that extra scrutiny before I had to.

timeline.jpg

Genna will be entering USA via LA. She does now have a letter of residence, as well as a letter stating that she is currently acting/employed as live-in Nanny for her brothers children and that she will be returning to that job and residence in January. I'm hoping that this is going to be enough to cover the whole employment thing.

She arrives in the USA in 9 hours... I'll let everyone know how it goes...

I hope everythig will be fine, fingers crossed cant wait for you to post telling all of us how happy you are being together, well I dont suppose that will be the first thing you do :whistle:

Timeline

Genna just called and made it through LA! I get to see my girl for the holidays!

She said it was really easy. They did ask her occupation, she told them Live-In Nanny, and she was cleared.

One question I have though... the last time she returned to NZ, they forgot to remove the green Visa Waiver paper from her Passport. This time the guy told her she will need to send that in, as they may think she overstayed on that visit otherwise. Is this going to totally screw up our K1??? I'm a bit horrified right now. Its not our fault at all, and she did not overstay. I do take heart in the fact that they let her back in so easily, so obviously she isnt in the computer system as an illegal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

WOOT Dave and Genna!!! Grats guys

It should not effect you, her passport would be documented as arriving back in NZ (the point of customs is to track where you are in the world) so they would know what date she arrived back. PLus her ticket would have been scanned when she boarded.

I would send off the little green piece of paper ASAP however, with a note of which flight (if you can remember) she flew home on saying that it wasn't removed from her passport by the staff at the airport.

Enjoy your holidays together, your K1 is going to be one of the least painful waits around now :)

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Genna just called and made it through LA! I get to see my girl for the holidays!

She said it was really easy. They did ask her occupation, she told them Live-In Nanny, and she was cleared.

One question I have though... the last time she returned to NZ, they forgot to remove the green Visa Waiver paper from her Passport. This time the guy told her she will need to send that in, as they may think she overstayed on that visit otherwise. Is this going to totally screw up our K1??? I'm a bit horrified right now. Its not our fault at all, and she did not overstay. I do take heart in the fact that they let her back in so easily, so obviously she isnt in the computer system as an illegal.

That happened once to my husband and he never sent it in. For him, it had no bearing on subsequent visits, nor did it impact his K1 visa.

Enjoy your holidays together!

Timeline
WOOT Dave and Genna!!! Grats guys

It should not effect you, her passport would be documented as arriving back in NZ (the point of customs is to track where you are in the world) so they would know what date she arrived back. PLus her ticket would have been scanned when she boarded.

I would send off the little green piece of paper ASAP however, with a note of which flight (if you can remember) she flew home on saying that it wasn't removed from her passport by the staff at the airport.

Enjoy your holidays together, your K1 is going to be one of the least painful waits around now :)

THANKS!

OMG, you guys met online in WoW? So did Genna and I! (Lich King tonite!)

She said she got an official document to send in with the green paper, so we should be okay. I'm gonna mail it ASAP.

And yes... the next 80 days of the wait is going to be a breeze =)

We get to spend my birthday, her Birthday, Thanksgiving, Xmas, and New Years together!

High on life right now! (Her plane has already been delayed for a half out out of LA... but the worst is over, now just a wait)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL, and I hope that everyone getting together for the season has as easy of a time as Genna did getting through.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

lol indeed!

I am so jealous of your up coming months together :) Enjoy them, looks like we will be getting our NOA2's at the same sort of time though, as we have a smiliar filling date :D

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Dave and Genna....haven't met you before but I found your post today and have been anxiously waiting to see if she was able to get through. I'm VERY happy for both of you that she did!! I hope you have a wonderful time together!!!

Hugs from Texas!

Liz and Pat

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Timeline
That happened once to my husband and he never sent it in. For him, it had no bearing on subsequent visits, nor did it impact his K1 visa.

I nearly missed your post!

Thanks for the information! It makes me feel much more at ease!

...and Thx LizandPat and KimandRuss!

This site is really an amazing community of support.

Edited by Dave_n_Genna

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I nearly missed your post!

Thanks for the information! It makes me feel much more at ease!

...and Thx LizandPat and KimandRuss!

This site is really an amazing community of support.

Your welcome! It is wonderful here isn't it?? :dance:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.