kitkat1

Case transferred from Nebraska to California

158 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

kitkat1 has been kind enough to start up a new thread for us here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17825

Let's be sure to continue any conversation regarding the transfer from NSC to CSC over there... no stragglers please! :D

08/15/2007 - K-1 Visa approved
09/01/2007 - Moved to Ohio

11/24/2007 - Married!
03/31/2008 - Received Green Card
05/03/2010 - Conditions removed

Finally applying for citizenship!

01/19/2016 - Filed N-400
01/25/2016 - NOA
02/17/2016 - Biometrics appointment
02/26/2016 - Receieved interview letter
04/01/2016 - Naturalization interview

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
I just got the 5 emails too....

Unfortunately I am in the same boat as you all. I am in Colorado and my Fiance is from Taiwan... Now I don't know if any of you noticed on their website the link under the heading "USCIS Notifies Public of New Policy Concerning Fiancé(e) Petitions" http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...RA_061306PN.pdf

It is talking about requiring all petitions after March 6th to get an RFE and have us submit criminal background information. It sounds like it only has to deal with Marriage Brokers but I am unsure.. I think this might be while we were all thrown to California.

I submitted my petition on May 1st, they received it on May 2nd and it was untouched until June 1st when it was transferred to California, and now it just seems to update daily (the time). I called the service center last night and they said from June 14th the time frame was 90-130 days from June 14th. I along with you all am not excited about this because I want my fiance back. She was in the US for school for 6 years and we decided to go the legal route and have her go back and bring her back legally... Man I wish I didn't want to follow rules.. would be much happier right now.

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Filed: Timeline

If this is the case, California should not slow down because some of its workload (non-immigrant visas?) has moved to Nebraska.

This is super hopeful thinking and I can only pray that you are right.

Does anyone else feel incredibly angry that the US government is so screwed up? I know from personal experience that there is so much red tape in Mexico to get anything done that is government related. Getting a passport or drivers license there is about 100 times worse than here. So I've always felt very lucky about doing those things here instead of there. But after living through this situation, I just don't have one single kind thing to say about USCIS. I can't help but think that they must be the most screwed up US government department and that for sure if they were a private company they would have been out of business a long time ago with many many lawsuits. I'm gonna try hard to give this a rest for a few days because the stress is absolutely killing me.

kitkat we have the same NOA1...may i asked what is this TOUCHED MEANS? did they notify you and its being touched already?

Timeline

Stragglers! I see stragglers!

This thread has been continued over here --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17825

Please post any questions, etc. regarding the transfer in that thread so we don't miss any of you. Thank you!

11/24/2007 - Married!

01/19/2016 - Filed N-400
01/25/2016 - NOA

You might want to pm Capt Ewok to ask him to close this thread so people don't continue to use it....

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Timeline

Already did, thanks :)

11/24/2007 - Married!

01/19/2016 - Filed N-400
01/25/2016 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

locked per request if OP. New thread started to continue.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.