Southern_Canadian

AOS FILERS: NOVEMBER 2008

1,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
thanks everyone for the support. i guess there is nothing i can do anymore. i just feel really guilty because it's my fault that our interview went like that. :(

congrats to everyone who received their greencard, that's great! and i hope KPC will return with a big fat APPROVED stamp.

I'm sorry to read about your crappy interview experience. Who cares on which finger you wear your wedding ring? Also, most people take pictures on trips or for special occasions. Not many of us have pictures of us just sitting in our houses "looking comfortable!" This whole process is so dehumanizing, but I'm sure you will be approved. :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

So here goes nothing..

Chris and I got to the Federal Building around 1:05 today, went through security, then up to the 8th floor to speak to a man at the AOS window who told us our interview would be on the 4th floor. We went downstairs and gave our notice to a woman at a window, who stamped it and told us to sit in a row of chairs facing her. I would say we sat down around 1:15. When we got there, there was one couple waiting, then various other couples (about 5, maybe) sprinkled in as we were waiting. Around 1:35 (and our interview was scheduled for 1:45) we were called back by a nice and smiley middle-aged gentleman. We went to his little cubicle and he swore us in. He started by asking me lots of questions, including where I live, how long I've lived there, when Chris and I met, how long we dated before he proposed, places we have visited together, where I work, where I went to school, and previous places where I lived. We then got on the topic of our upcoming wedding in July, and had a nice conversation about his wedding five months ago, and how he got married in Aruba and had a reception in New Jersey. The conversation was light and we definitely laughed a good bit with him. Once we were finished talking about his wedding, he asked Chris how long he's lived at our address, the last time he entered the US and what he used to enter (his L1 visa), and to confirm that he still works for Amex (which he doesn't, and he explained his current job/employer). Then, he asked us if we had any pictures together, so we pulled out a picture from our civil ceremony and one with my family (my baby niece was in the picture so he asked who the baby was..I was like, she's not mine!), and he looked through our little album that I made. Next, he asked for proof of shared residence, so we gave him our lease, Time Warner cable bills, joint checking account statements, Amex statements, and our joint tax return. He seemed pleased with all of that info.

After about fifteen minutes, he wrote Chris's A number in his passport along with "Pending I485" and the date and his signature, took his I-94 and said "I'm going to give you a document that says I have 60 days to make a decision..but I don't think it will take that long (with a smile)." Of course, I had to ask if we were going to get the stamp, and he said "We recently stopped doing the stamp. I have to check with my supervisor, but this was an easy one."

So, we didn't get that coveted approval, but we also didn't get an RFE and the guy was super cool and happy..and he did say that we were "easy" (no pun intended). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that good news is on the way..and thank you all for your support!!

5-13-09: Green card approved.

6-24-09: Received green card.

8-13-11: Received 10-year green card.

2-21-12: Sent N-400 to Dallas Lock box.

7-18-12: Naturalization interview (passed!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
Got my gc on the mail today!!!

:):dance:

WOW!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Filed Chicago LockBox 11-06-08

Filed I-4-85 / I-765

Received NOA 11-13-08

Biometrics Appt. 12-09-08 - Completed -

Jan 03 2009 Received Letter for Interview: Feb. 05 Yaaayyy!!

Jan 14 2009 Emailed by CRIS: AP I-131 Approved

Jan 15 2009 Emailed by CRIS: EAD I-765 Approved

Jan 20 2009 AP received by mail

Jan 28 2009 EAD card received by mail

Jan 30 2009 Applied for Social Security Number

Feb 05 2009 Interview! Success!

Feb 10 2009 Received Social Security Card in mail

Feb 23 2009 Received 'Approval of I485 and I130' in mail

Received Green Card in the mail!

To Everyone: Be Positive! Your GreenCard is Coming!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
So here goes nothing..

That's a very nice "nothing" :) I bet you'll get your welcome letter in the mail, in about...say...a week? :)

Edited by map1map

11/17/08 : Application sent (I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765)

11/18/08 : Official receipt of documents stated on I-797C (Signature for receipt at USCIS was on 11/17/2008 at 10PM)

11/28/08 : NOA Received ( I-797C) for all 4 forms (forms issued on 11/26/2008)

12/18/2008: LUD on I-130, I-131, I-765

01/29/2009: Bio done

01/29, 30/2009: LUD on I485 and I765

2/10/2009: issued AP, valid 1 year for multiple entries.

2/23/2009: Got EAD card

3/8/2009: LUD on all applications. Shows approval of I131 and I765, still pending on I130, I485.

04/28/2009 at 9:30 AM: Interview. Told to wait 90 days for a resolution by mail.

05/01/2009: Card production ordered.

05/06/2009: Received approval NOAs for I130 and I485 (welcome notice, 10 years card). I130 still shows case received and pending.

06/18/2009: got the 10 years validity card. Process length: 213 days since sending the applications.

No RFE at all along the process.

Timeline
hey guys,

no happy dance for me. i just got back from a long and somewhat painful interview in NYC. i will just write my report, feel free to skip. maybe this helps you, KPC.

anyways... sorry this is long. good luck to you, KPC.

Oh I'm sorry it was not a quick and easy interview... oh... I wonder why he was behaving like that... maybe he has seen many cases that are 'suspect'... and he was just acting to (excuse me) Cover His @$$

Maybe it has nothing to do with you guys, he was just 'Following Procedure down to a T' ...

Well if your husband asked him how it was and he said it was 'Ok' then maybe he did not find any conclusive PROOF that you two are not what you truly are. A real couple who love each other. Real people, not Fairy Land people with a VERY ROMANTIC Story and a FARIYTALE pink wedding and a wonderful honeymoon to Hawaii and their own house and bla bla bla

Not Everybody has that! What matters is your relationship...

Oh I truly hope that even after this scrutiny, you will receive Good NEWS soon... Have hope!!!

If he can't find anything that would PROVE you are not an honest couple, then why would he deny? Noooo

You'll be fine!!!!!

Good LUCK!!!!!!!!

Filed I-4-85 / I-765

Received NOA 11-13-08

Timeline
So, we didn't get that coveted approval, but we also didn't get an RFE and the guy was super cool and happy..and he did say that we were "easy" (no pun intended). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that good news is on the way..and thank you all for your support!!

:dance: :dance:

Congratulations!!!!!!

I'm sure you'll get your Welcome letter very soon

Filed I-4-85 / I-765

Received NOA 11-13-08

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

:dance: :dance:

Congratulations!!!!!!

I'm sure you'll get your Welcome letter very soon

Thanks! I hope so! You're all so great, and I wish you the best!

5-13-09: Green card approved.

6-24-09: Received green card.

8-13-11: Received 10-year green card.

2-21-12: Sent N-400 to Dallas Lock box.

7-18-12: Naturalization interview (passed!).

I received my welcome letter today :)

ROC Journey:

01/19/11 I-751 & ROC package sent via USPS Priority

01/21/11 Package delivered to California Service Center

01/25/11 Check cashed

03/07/11 Biometrics

04/14/11 Approval Notice Date

04/18/11 Approval Notice Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

that's great, KPC! i'm really happy for you and chris and i was thinking of you at 1:45. hopefully your GC arrives soon :)

i got the same 60 day notice. it cheers me up quite a bit that you got one too. maybe there's hope for me and hubby after all. and thanks again for all the support here - without the forum i'd probably be crying all day :blush:

yay! awesome! :dance:

08/26/08 - arrival on VWP to meet my boyfriends family for a month

09/29/08 - heartbroken, didn't take flight back

10/26/08 - surprising proposal

10/31/08 - halloween wedding :)

11/07/08 - I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 sent via USPS express

11/10/08 - package received

11/19/08 - checks cashed

11/25/08 - NOAs received

12/08/08 - RFE received

12/11/08 - Biometrics

12/12/08 - RFE send back

01/09/09 - EAD/AP approved

03/10/09 - interview (pending approval)

03/20/09 - welcome letter

03/31/09 - green card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!!! I will bet that your GC will arrive aprrox. 10 days from the date of your approval. :thumbs:

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Timeline
So here goes nothing..

Chris and I got to the Federal Building around 1:05 today, went through security, then up to the 8th floor to speak to a man at the AOS window who told us our interview would be on the 4th floor. We went downstairs and gave our notice to a woman at a window, who stamped it and told us to sit in a row of chairs facing her. I would say we sat down around 1:15. When we got there, there was one couple waiting, then various other couples (about 5, maybe) sprinkled in as we were waiting. Around 1:35 (and our interview was scheduled for 1:45) we were called back by a nice and smiley middle-aged gentleman. We went to his little cubicle and he swore us in. He started by asking me lots of questions, including where I live, how long I've lived there, when Chris and I met, how long we dated before he proposed, places we have visited together, where I work, where I went to school, and previous places where I lived. We then got on the topic of our upcoming wedding in July, and had a nice conversation about his wedding five months ago, and how he got married in Aruba and had a reception in New Jersey. The conversation was light and we definitely laughed a good bit with him. Once we were finished talking about his wedding, he asked Chris how long he's lived at our address, the last time he entered the US and what he used to enter (his L1 visa), and to confirm that he still works for Amex (which he doesn't, and he explained his current job/employer). Then, he asked us if we had any pictures together, so we pulled out a picture from our civil ceremony and one with my family (my baby niece was in the picture so he asked who the baby was..I was like, she's not mine!), and he looked through our little album that I made. Next, he asked for proof of shared residence, so we gave him our lease, Time Warner cable bills, joint checking account statements, Amex statements, and our joint tax return. He seemed pleased with all of that info.

After about fifteen minutes, he wrote Chris's A number in his passport along with "Pending I485" and the date and his signature, took his I-94 and said "I'm going to give you a document that says I have 60 days to make a decision..but I don't think it will take that long (with a smile)." Of course, I had to ask if we were going to get the stamp, and he said "We recently stopped doing the stamp. I have to check with my supervisor, but this was an easy one."

For me, your interview went great!!! I'm positively confident that you will hear something "good" very soon. Good luck!!! :thumbs:

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

hey everybody,

good to hear lots of people getting green cards and approvals. I`ve been off the forum due to big computer problems, but i thought i`d share my interview experience last Friday in Boston.

we were about 5 minutes early, there were a lot of people in the waiting room, and a lot with translators and laywers.

We waited about half an hour before we were called in. they have sone 24 offices or so in one big hallway. The office we had to go to was the second last. My husband says: `thank god i didnt go the gym yet` and the guy responds `yeah, but it doesnt help... i know`

anyway, the ice was broken. so we get in, swear in, he asks how we met. My husband tells him we went for salsa, and he asks if we still dance salsa. We say it`s been a while but yes, and then he starts telling about a tango school (we want to do tango too). he goes through some papers and notices my husband`s from Iran, and he says we`ll have very multicultural children (and then he talks about his wife and how they met and so on). He asks what my husband does for a living (he`s a student) and jokes about me supportig him (i work halftime)

He asked for some originals (pasport, birthcertificate, naturalisation, marriagecertificate) and he asked me the questions on the form (ever commited a crime, planning to do bigamy,...)- he jokes i`n boring cause i answer `no` to everything.

he took the I93 out of my pasport, took my EAD and my AP and says we`re al good. We go back to the waiting room for 10 minutes and then i get a letter that states i`ve been approved for a greencard, i`ll receive the card in 2 weeks to 2 months.

If i need to leave the country before the card comes we can take the paper back to the office and they`ll stamp my pasport.

it was 10:30 AM and we were all done.

i`m still waiting for my card to come. there`s no rush.

Timeline

congratulations!!!!!

hey everybody,

good to hear lots of people getting green cards and approvals. I`ve been off the forum due to big computer problems, but i thought i`d share my interview experience last Friday in Boston.

we were about 5 minutes early, there were a lot of people in the waiting room, and a lot with translators and laywers.

We waited about half an hour before we were called in. they have sone 24 offices or so in one big hallway. The office we had to go to was the second last. My husband says: `thank god i didnt go the gym yet` and the guy responds `yeah, but it doesnt help... i know`

anyway, the ice was broken. so we get in, swear in, he asks how we met. My husband tells him we went for salsa, and he asks if we still dance salsa. We say it`s been a while but yes, and then he starts telling about a tango school (we want to do tango too). he goes through some papers and notices my husband`s from Iran, and he says we`ll have very multicultural children (and then he talks about his wife and how they met and so on). He asks what my husband does for a living (he`s a student) and jokes about me supportig him (i work halftime)

He asked for some originals (pasport, birthcertificate, naturalisation, marriagecertificate) and he asked me the questions on the form (ever commited a crime, planning to do bigamy,...)- he jokes i`n boring cause i answer `no` to everything.

he took the I93 out of my pasport, took my EAD and my AP and says we`re al good. We go back to the waiting room for 10 minutes and then i get a letter that states i`ve been approved for a greencard, i`ll receive the card in 2 weeks to 2 months.

If i need to leave the country before the card comes we can take the paper back to the office and they`ll stamp my pasport.

it was 10:30 AM and we were all done.

i`m still waiting for my card to come. there`s no rush.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Day 110 from filing....day 93 from biometrics....day 46 from transfer....I hate being stuck in limbo.... :clock:

CSC folks wake up!!! Read :reading:AOS paperwork

Edited by cassi9879

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

Day 110 from filing....day 93 from biometrics....day 46 from transfer....I hate being stuck in limbo.... :clock:

CSC folks wake up!!! Read :reading:AOS paperwork

Aww... hopefully next week will bring good things! I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone in limbo.

ROC Journey:

01/19/11 I-751 & ROC package sent via USPS Priority

01/21/11 Package delivered to California Service Center

01/25/11 Check cashed

03/07/11 Biometrics

04/14/11 Approval Notice Date

04/18/11 Approval Notice Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.