Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
4 hours ago, Afric said:

Hi,

K1 VISAS

Please, I have been trying to schedule an appointment in Us embassy Nairobi but I haven't gotten any date yet. I am wondering how long did it take to get the appointment. Thanks 

Hi,

If you are having trouble scheduling online, try calling +254 20 6190600.  You should have your passport number and case number ready as these details will be required to schedule.  I'm assuming you have already paid your visa fees..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
17 hours ago, Afric said:

Hi,

K1 VISAS

Please, I have been trying to schedule an appointment in Us embassy Nairobi but I haven't gotten any date yet. I am wondering how long did it take to get the appointment. Thanks 

Ours took about 2 months to get a date

Filed I-130 : 11 Mar 2016

I-130 Priority date : 15 Mar 2016

Approved: 03 Jun 2016

Case Complete: 24 Aug 2016

Interview date assigned: 29 Sep 2016

Interview: Nov 2016

https://guriixusjourney.wordpress.com

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey Lelah22

It seems we are in the same timeline, even us we have been waiting for over 6 weeks to get the schedule for the K1 VISA but we haven't gotten any as of now,  have you email Nairobi consular to inquire about it? if so what did they tell you. Hope this wait will come to an end soon. Please let's keep on updating each other on the progress.  Be blessed 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
16 hours ago, Afric said:

Hey Lelah22

It seems we are in the same timeline, even us we have been waiting for over 6 weeks to get the schedule for the K1 VISA but we haven't gotten any as of now,  have you email Nairobi consular to inquire about it? if so what did they tell you. Hope this wait will come to an end soon. Please let's keep on updating each other on the progress.  Be blessed 

Yes, we did email the embassy to ask about it and they said we need to keep checking the website until an appointment becomes available. My fiance has been checking every day (sometimes several times a day) and nothing has been open yet. At some point in November I believe they were scheduling for March, so hopefully the next time they open it they are scheduling for April. This part of the waiting is the hardest. If we had a date, at least we could plan a little bit! 

Timeline

Hey Lelah22

Finally, we secure an appointment slot this morning Feb. 7, this wait time was the hardest, I had been checking online and phone calls as many times as I could for the last 7 weeks. I also email embassy several times, and they used to say "Keep on checking online frequently". Hope you will secure one soon.Let's update each other for any changes.Be blessed

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Afric said:

Hey Lelah22

Finally, we secure an appointment slot this morning Feb. 7, this wait time was the hardest, I had been checking online and phone calls as many times as I could for the last 7 weeks. I also email embassy several times, and they used to say "Keep on checking online frequently". Hope you will secure one soon.Let's update each other for any changes.Be blessed

That's wonderful!!! Congratulations! 

Thanks! I just have to keep reminding myself that at some point we'll get one!

Timeline

Thanks. By the way, both of you can keep on checking due time difference.I could advise you check at around 8 am, Kenyan time. I personally took the scheduling part, the reason is that in Kenya you have to go to a cyber cafe to secure the internet( It is inconvenient and costly, thus it was necessary for me to do it from this side). Just a thought.  Be blessed

Timeline
20 hours ago, Afric said:

Thanks. By the way, both of you can keep on checking due time difference.I could advise you check at around 8 am, Kenyan time. I personally took the scheduling part, the reason is that in Kenya you have to go to a cyber cafe to secure the internet( It is inconvenient and costly, thus it was necessary for me to do it from this side). Just a thought.  Be blessed

We just got a date! April 4th was the earliest available date, but we're just thankful to actually have one! 

Timeline

Does anyone know what is meant by the 'letter you received from the Consular Section'? It's something that the instructions page says we're supposed to take to the interview, but we aren't sure what letter they're referring to. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
22 hours ago, Lelah22 said:

Does anyone know what is meant by the 'letter you received from the Consular Section'? It's something that the instructions page says we're supposed to take to the interview, but we aren't sure what letter they're referring to. 

We only received a notification from NVC which they ask you print and take with you for the interview.

Filed I-130 : 11 Mar 2016

I-130 Priority date : 15 Mar 2016

Approved: 03 Jun 2016

Case Complete: 24 Aug 2016

Interview date assigned: 29 Sep 2016

Interview: Nov 2016

https://guriixusjourney.wordpress.com

Timeline
On 11/4/2016 at 5:32 PM, KASH2011 said:

Welcome and Good luck to you!

Congrats to you both!

Hello Members,

I have been trying to schedule a medical appointment in a Nairobi, I  sent an email to them 4 days ago but they haven't replied yet. How did you guys go about? Your help is appreciated   

Timeline
On 1/12/2017 at 11:39 PM, Afric said:

Hello Members,

I have been trying to schedule a medical appointment in a Nairobi, I  sent an email to them 4 days ago but they haven't replied yet. How did you guys go about? Your help is appreciated   

It took 3 business days for us, but we did it also by email. They will request several documents that you'll need to send them and then they'll ask you what date you want to schedule your medical for(or at least that's how it worked for us). We just got our medical date today; it's set for March 27th. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.