SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

That is weird, we are not supposed to send the DS-156 back to Montreal but have to bring it to the interview. It has to be signed there.

Maybe they meant DS160? BEcause that needs to be submitted online?

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all. I went gown shopping today! It's starting to feel like I'm really going to get married soon!

And... I just got off the phone with DOS. The gentleman I talked to said that Montreal did receive Chris' checklist and DS-230, but that they also "need the DS-156 in duplicate." Now I haven't seen Chris' packet 3 or anything, but I looked over the checklist on Wiki here and I didn't see it say that this was to be included with our checklist anywhere. Was DOS just advising us to bring the DS-156 to the interview (whenever it happens)? Or was Chris supposed to send the DS-156 with the checklist and DS-230? I'm so sick of this process!

So I also started working on a new spreadsheet for those of us going through Montreal. I'm quite the noob with Google Docs, so it may take some tweaking.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pF7...b9kOA&hl=en

Let me know what you all think (am I missing anyone? Should I add any columns? etc...?). It's organized by interview date (or lack thereof). The old spreadsheet was sorted by the "Entered Montreal Waiting List." I don't know where to get this info other than having you all PM me your dates. So if you all could do that, I would really appreciate it!

And I'm sorry if someone else has started a new spreadsheet... If anyone else wants to take over, let me know! I don't wanna step on any toes here. :)

~Stephanie

Awww, thanks :thumbs:

That is weird, we are not supposed to send the DS-156 back to Montreal but have to bring it to the interview. It has to be signed there.

The DS 156K needs to be signed infront of them.... which is really an official 'intent', the DS 156... which I just found out today, is a cross between the 156 and the 160.... I found a lot of the similar info the same.... I wonder if the 160 has phased out the 156? Regardless, I completed them both to be safe and will bring both with me.

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

Where does it say we need DS-156? On your interview letter?

Because on the checklist it only says DS-156K.

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes it asks for it on the interview letter. 2 copies.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
So I also started working on a new spreadsheet for those of us going through Montreal. I'm quite the noob with Google Docs, so it may take some tweaking.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pF7...b9kOA&hl=en

That's great thanks Stephanie!!

What is the number of days for? It seems it is the number of days between packet 3 received and sent. But what is that for?

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Yup... that's where I got confused... cause it asked for the DS156 in my Packet 4 that I just got...

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are going through Vancouver, you probably don't even need the DS-160. From them last week:

DS-160 is not required for processing K visas in Vancouver. We are still using form DS-156 for processing K visas.

Thank you,

K visa unit

It's so weird that they would request both,... I found the forms very repetitive...

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
It's so weird that they would request both,... I found the forms very repetitive...

Yeah that's surprising to me... and really strange. Honestly, I think they are just really disorganized! I'm looking at that chart that Chris and Steph just posted and there are like 6 people who sent their packet back before me who don't have an interview. Maybe that's because they didn't call to find out, or maybe that's just because nothing follows a logical order! I didn't request an early interview or anything, so I don't understand that. If I was someone in that position, i'd be a little unhappy...

I e-mailed Montreal to confirm the interview date (because I'm paranoid) and they said they mailed out the packet 4 on Friday, so hopefully I get it soon! Poprocks, you got yours super fast. That's Canada Post working for you! :thumbs:

Timeline

For the lucky ones who got their interview dates for April :P , what date did you put on your DS 160 for you entry date in the US?

Maybe it depends on that...

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
For the lucky ones who got their interview dates for April :P , what date did you put on your DS 160 for you entry date in the US?

Possibly... I put June 20th

Timeline

That's not that then because I put June 15th

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Timeline
That's great thanks Stephanie!!

What is the number of days for? It seems it is the number of days between packet 3 received and sent. But what is that for?

lol, yeah it's the number of days between receiving packet 3 and returning packet 3. I'm not really sure why I included that column. Work was really slow the day I made the spreadsheet and it seemed like valuable information at the time.

See that's why I'm so confused why the guy at DOS told me that our file said we needed the "DS-156 in duplicate." I'll call them again tomorrow and ask them to clarify. Well, Chris has already completed the DS-160. I don't know if he sent the confirmation page along with his checklist or not though. The way the guy phrased it on the phone it sounded like some sort of consular version of an RFE.

Yeah that's surprising to me... and really strange. Honestly, I think they are just really disorganized! I'm looking at that chart that Chris and Steph just posted and there are like 6 people who sent their packet back before me who don't have an interview. Maybe that's because they didn't call to find out, or maybe that's just because nothing follows a logical order! I didn't request an early interview or anything, so I don't understand that. If I was someone in that position, i'd be a little unhappy...

I e-mailed Montreal to confirm the interview date (because I'm paranoid) and they said they mailed out the packet 4 on Friday, so hopefully I get it soon! Poprocks, you got yours super fast. That's Canada Post working for you! :thumbs:

Well I haven't updated the spreadsheet since I made it on Friday. It could be that the folks ahead of you hadn't updated their timelines. There were a few of you who post here regularly who hadn't updated your timelines, but I knew that you'd been granted an interview from reading about it here.

I'll go through the timelines now to see if there are any updates and do a little tweaking to the spreadsheet if need be. :)

That's not that then because I put June 15th

Ahh! I hope that's not what they base the interview date off of! I think Chris put some random date in September down.

04/08/09: The worst day of my life

Timeline
Ahh! I hope that's not what they base the interview date off of! I think Chris put some random date in September down.

haha yeah that would not be good for you guys ;) but it doesnt seem to be that since I put an earlier date and I dont have the interview date.

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Timeline

i put march on mine so i think they didnt base on that..

i emailed them if i need to print the whole DS160 coz i only got the confirmation page. and this is their reply

-No, we do not need form 160 as long as we have form 156 in duplicate.

maybe thats the reason why the 160 and 156 are somewhat similar.

maybe theyre trying to compare your answers if you give same ones.

Edited by francie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.