SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

oh, and for some reason I am thinking the info for what to bring doesn't specify this, but I was asked for a letter similar to the one with the I-129f, confirming my fiance's commitment to marrying me and completing the process. I don't remember seeing that requirement in any info that they sent me, but I had seen it mentioned here, so I had one and was asked for it, so thanks to whoever mentioned that!!!

The intent to marry form....my lawyer just had my fiance resign the original one, with a recent date (last week) and notarized it. Is that ok?

I didn't have an actual form... but rather a letter. I guess it is covered by a form as well though. But when I was asked for each of the specific items required I was asked if I have "an up to date letter stating his intent to marry me".

I have that original letter. Last week at our lawyers office, he pulled out the original that was signed months ago, and he made my fiancé sign it above his old signature with a new date,and the lawyer notarized it.

I'm assuming that's ok? Or do I have to draw ip while new letter? I figure if witnessed by lawyer, even thought it was 'resigned' unconventially, it should be ok?

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We both just hand wrote our first intent letters, and now we hand wrote the 2nd ones saying pretty well the same thing just different dates. Peter can't come with me to the interview. He just can't get the time off work. Getting a few days off in July for our Vegas wedding was hard enough, and he didn't want to push his luck.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just so you guys know about the time thing - it always says 8:30 - BUT if you go line up at 7 a.m., the doors open at around 7:30 a.m. and it's first come first serve.... so if you're one of the first you're out by 10 a.m.

My advice is to go early so you are one of the first!

Wow... out by 10??!! I figured it might be 12 or so. We're already planning being there by 6:40ish. If I tell him 6:30, we'll be there by 6:45. :P Again, more words of wisdom from the amazing SapphireDreams! :)

I got there at 6:45 and was out at 9:10 :D

Did many people take their fiance? I plan on going alone.... is it better to go together?

I went alone too, but the interviewer asked me why my fiancee did not come.

oh, and for some reason I am thinking the info for what to bring doesn't specify this, but I was asked for a letter similar to the one with the I-129f, confirming my fiance's commitment to marrying me and completing the process. I don't remember seeing that requirement in any info that they sent me, but I had seen it mentioned here, so I had one and was asked for it, so thanks to whoever mentioned that!!!

The intent to marry form....my lawyer just had my fiance resign the original one, with a recent date (last week) and notarized it. Is that ok?

I think that's all we need to do... Its just the same as last time with newer dates on it. Does it need to be notarized?

No, actually nothing needs to be notarized.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

So I looked over my Affidavit of Support and it is actually notarized...yeah! :thumbs:

Question about proof... i'm organizing my file... the last 'proof' we sent in was with our original app, and back in Aug/08... I am compiling proof since that time, in case they ask for anything 'ongoing' I will have photos, and a detailed log of my Vonage account showing about 20 plus calls to each other a day.

Is that enough? I also have a travel log, of all of our visits, logging dates and duration of our visits. Should I also make copies of my cell bills? they would really just mirror my Vonage?

I am hoping to make it into the US one more time next week, where we will apply for a marriage license, so hopefully I will have that.

Is it true, that if they approved your original batch of 'proof' that they are pretty happy with what we have supplied, and the interview is just further verification?

Thanks,

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So I looked over my Affidavit of Support and it is actually notarized...yeah! :thumbs:

Question about proof... i'm organizing my file... the last 'proof' we sent in was with our original app, and back in Aug/08... I am compiling proof since that time, in case they ask for anything 'ongoing' I will have photos, and a detailed log of my Vonage account showing about 20 plus calls to each other a day.

Is that enough? I also have a travel log, of all of our visits, logging dates and duration of our visits. Should I also make copies of my cell bills? they would really just mirror my Vonage?

I am hoping to make it into the US one more time next week, where we will apply for a marriage license, so hopefully I will have that.

Is it true, that if they approved your original batch of 'proof' that they are pretty happy with what we have supplied, and the interview is just further verification?

Thanks,

:yes: That's correct, I had more ongoing evidence at the interview (pics from Disney, more flight passes, etc) but he didn't even ask to see them. I think the amount of proof I sent originally was plenty, there was no need to ask for more. But, you can bring it to be safe. It's always better to have more than less, what if you get an IO on his/her first day on the job and they're super strict LOL

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I GOT MY INTERVIEW LETTER TODAY!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

So it says '...a visa interview appmnt has been scheduled for you and the applicants listed below...' then at the bottom it lists both myself and my 5 year old son.

Does this mean my son needs to attend the interview?

I sent an email inquiring... Oh I really hope not! I mean the Embassy is a nervous experience to begin with, now try managing a 5 year old while in there for 3 hours, with NO NINTENDO DS!!!! lol! :blink:

Is the DS156... the DS-156K? which is my official 'intent to marry' which I sign in front of them?

If I do have o bring my son... I really hope my fiance can fly out from PA just for one day... I would really need the help! :crying:

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks,

Our interview officer told us that specifically. He didn't ask about me at all. I just stood there and held Mel's coat. :blush:

As for getting out at 9, that all depends on if their cashiers show up to work on time and the payment software is behaving. That was the snag on our interview, otherwise we would have been finished sooner. I think K34 got out around 30 minutes before us right around 10. Make sure to visit Timmies up the street from the embassy :dance:

I GOT MY INTERVIEW LETTER TODAY!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

So it says '...a visa interview appmnt has been scheduled for you and the applicants listed below...' then at the bottom it lists both myself and my 5 year old son.

Does this mean my son needs to attend the interview?

I sent an email inquiring... Oh I really hope not! I mean the Embassy is a nervous experience to begin with, now try managing a 5 year old while in there for 3 hours, with NO NINTENDO DS!!!! lol! :blink:

Is the DS156... the DS-156K? which is my official 'intent to marry' which I sign in front of them?

If I do have o bring my son... I really hope my fiance can fly out from PA just for one day... I would really need the help! :crying:

I'm not 5, but it sure was hard to sit still in there without my Sony PSP, or even playing the games on my phone :blink:

the DS156 is in addition to the DS 156K, you need both.

Where can I find the DS156? i'll try searching now...

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all!

I was waiting for my packet 3 to "officially" join this group, but I'm in a situation now that makes no sense to me.

I've been a visitor here for a little while (I like to know what's coming ahead!), so I'm pretty sure I can find good advice. Here's our situation (you can find all the important dates in my signature):

We got the notice of approval (NOA2) March 17th and I called NVC on the 20th to change my address - from one address in Montreal to another address in Montreal...I've lived here my whole life. After the lady changed my address she gave me another file number starting with VAN. I asked why VAN and she said that my interview will be in Vancouver....WHAT????? but I live in Montreal!!! She said: "M'am, all K1s in Canada are being dealt with by the Van consulate." I said, it's not possible I see all these people (refering to VJ) going through MOntreal if they are in Eastern Canada. She repeated that all K1s went through Van....

I called my fiancé who called them as well. the person he spoke to said the lady i had spoken to made an error and that in fact I would go through Montreal. He then sent our file to "supervisory review" so the error could be corrected. Said to call back last Friday, which I did. Spoke to a supervisor who told me that I would not go through MTL, but VAN...WTH????? Repeated that all K1 in Canada go through VAN - or rather that all K1s leave NVC to go to VAN. I can't believe it...and to top it all, we are now stuck in AP at NVC for an indefinite period of time for reasons that cannot be disclosed according to the guidelines! I AM SOOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Has anyone else gone through the same thing? Did you all contacted VAN to have your file transfered to MTL? Am I missing something?? I also planned to contact VAN and MTL consulate to help shed some light as well...any thoughts? Thanks!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
the DS156 is in addition to the DS 156K, you need both.

I think the link is on the letter. If not, I just googled it and found it. You need 2 copies, so print it twice!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry this isn't right I was thinking about CR-1 visas. Maybe someone can give you some info on transferring if its possible.

Edited by MrsCat

Timeline

Fill out the DS-156 online here: http://evisaforms.state.gov/

Lifting Conditions

01-Jun-2011: Filed I-751

06-Jun-2011: I-751 NOA

20-Jul-2011: Biometrics appointment

03-Dec-2011: File Electronic AR-11 to update address

25-Mar-2012: Approved

Fill out the DS-156 online here: http://evisaforms.state.gov/

Found it! Thanks guys...

I completed the form, for myself and my son, and printed 2 copies each.

I'm almost done putting my file together :)

N-400 Citizenship

Timeline

Hey all. I went gown shopping today! It's starting to feel like I'm really going to get married soon!

And... I just got off the phone with DOS. The gentleman I talked to said that Montreal did receive Chris' checklist and DS-230, but that they also "need the DS-156 in duplicate." Now I haven't seen Chris' packet 3 or anything, but I looked over the checklist on Wiki here and I didn't see it say that this was to be included with our checklist anywhere. Was DOS just advising us to bring the DS-156 to the interview (whenever it happens)? Or was Chris supposed to send the DS-156 with the checklist and DS-230? I'm so sick of this process!

So I also started working on a new spreadsheet for those of us going through Montreal. I'm quite the noob with Google Docs, so it may take some tweaking.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pF7...b9kOA&hl=en

Let me know what you all think (am I missing anyone? Should I add any columns? etc...?). It's organized by interview date (or lack thereof). The old spreadsheet was sorted by the "Entered Montreal Waiting List." I don't know where to get this info other than having you all PM me your dates. So if you all could do that, I would really appreciate it!

And I'm sorry if someone else has started a new spreadsheet... If anyone else wants to take over, let me know! I don't wanna step on any toes here. :)

~Stephanie

04/08/09: The worst day of my life

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.