SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I just wanted to post here because I recived a letter from MTL regarding my interview date - along with it in the envelope there was another letter for Bradley Gaylord from South Carolina and it was addresses to a lawyer. It was regarding a K-1 interview on April 15th. I do not have the letter as I am visiting the US right now, but when my mother read it to me lastnight I asked her to mail it to the address on the letter so those poor people will get notice of their interview. I thought I would post in this forum just in case anyone knows who that is or if they themselves are on VJ.

I'm sure you have already done this--but i would contact Mtl embassy and let them know of their screw up, so they can issue a new package

That happened to me too, I got it 2 or 3 times! I kept informing MTL and they said we fixed it, they re-sent it to me again and again! Poor girl waiting for her interview date.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got our interview date today .. April 28 :dance::D

YEAH!!! CONGRATS :dance:

Anyone know if HOTWIRE is in US dollars? also, can you search specific hotels????

Yes, it is in US dollars, it says it on the left hand side when you hit continue on your choice of hotel. I hit the continue just to see the total for the entire stay plus taxes, then right below it is says US Dollars. It will tell also tell you the brand of hotels that fall under the price. I went on Hotel.ca just to read reviews on different hotels in the area. You don't get to know what the hotel name is till after you book it on Hotwire, but I find you can figure out which ones it could be.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Hey guys, I got some more stuff from my sweetie in the mail. He sent me the I-134 Affidavit of Support, a copy of his 2008 return, his two most recent paystubs, and a copy of his bank statement that shows savings, checking, mortgage, and vehicle loan info. Do you think I should get him to send me anything else, oh and he sent me the letter from his employer showing his position, salary,length of time etc.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Hey guys, I got some more stuff from my sweetie in the mail. He sent me the I-134 Affidavit of Support, a copy of his 2008 return, his two most recent paystubs, and a copy of his bank statement that shows savings, checking, mortgage, and vehicle loan info. Do you think I should get him to send me anything else, oh and he sent me the letter from his employer showing his position, salary,length of time etc.

Wow, that sounds great... seems like you are well documented.

My fiance is self employed. He is getting me copies of his tax returns for 2006, 2007, & 2008. As well as a recent pay stub (showing what his business pays out to him). Do I need to show anything else financially? Just curious.

That's weird that Hotwire works that way... why would it not show you the hotel? I would want to know where I was staying before I actually booked. I will likely book La Tour, it shows as $75 Can... no use in splurging for this event lol!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

For the affidavit:

My fiance (the USC) is back being a student since January so he doesn't make any money and does not reach the poverty level. His step-mom is going to be our co-sponsor.

Do they both (fiance + step mom) need to fill out I-134 and gather past W2, bank statements etc, or just hers is enough?

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
For the affidavit:

My fiance (the USC) is back being a student since January so he doesn't make any money and does not reach the poverty level. His step-mom is going to be our co-sponsor.

Do they both (fiance + step mom) need to fill out I-134 and gather past W2, bank statements etc, or just hers is enough?

Do you have to submit tax forms (w2s) for Montreal?

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

Timeline

So I just got off the phone with DOS. I asked the lady why the guy I talked to yesterday told me I needed the DS-156. She looked up our case and said, "Oh, I see what he was talking about. Your fiance can just bring it to the interview." Gah! I have no idea why the guy even mentioned that yesterday. Then she told me that Chris is "qualified" for an interview, but it hasn't been scheduled yet. So I believe we are officially in the queue at Montreal! Yay! I dunno... this past month since NOA2, I've felt very proactive with our case: calling NVC, calling DOS, filling out more forms, gathering everything to send to Chris for his interview... and now it's back to just sitting on my butt and waiting. Sigh.

04/08/09: The worst day of my life

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So I just got off the phone with DOS. I asked the lady why the guy I talked to yesterday told me I needed the DS-156. She looked up our case and said, "Oh, I see what he was talking about. Your fiance can just bring it to the interview." Gah! I have no idea why the guy even mentioned that yesterday. Then she told me that Chris is "qualified" for an interview, but it hasn't been scheduled yet. So I believe we are officially in the queue at Montreal! Yay! I dunno... this past month since NOA2, I've felt very proactive with our case: calling NVC, calling DOS, filling out more forms, gathering everything to send to Chris for his interview... and now it's back to just sitting on my butt and waiting. Sigh.

You're in the queue :thumbs:

But yes the waiting part for the interview date sucks.

Filed: Timeline
That's weird that Hotwire works that way... why would it not show you the hotel? I would want to know where I was staying before I actually booked. I will likely book La Tour, it shows as $75 Can... no use in splurging for this event lol!

Actually, this is why hotwire/priceline are so cheap, because they DON'T show you the names of the hotel, just the general area. Also, with priceline, if your bid isn't accepted then you can try again in 24 hours, or just change a few things in your search if you need it right away (IE/ Change 4 star to 3.5 star).

I have nothing but good things to say about hotwire and priceline. I booked for Montreal the Hyatt for $58US a night from priceline, I think I could have gotten it for cheaper because they accepted my bid the first time! Arg :P There are taxes tho, and for both nights it was $27, so, about $70 US a night or so. Again, something tells me I could have gotten it cheaper. OH WELL! But, I did a bit of research and was pretty sure I was bidding on the HYatt and that is the one I wanted. Sure enough it was it!

I have not yet been disappointing in our rooms. We booked a room at the Renaissance hotel in the Skydome for $46 a night, total luxury - had a living room, king size bed, LOVED IT!!!! I actually kind of find it fun, like "OHH i wonder which hotel we will get!!!???"

There are hints you can use to figure out which hotel it will be. At the risk of sharing my secrets :whistle: I find out the info from the site, then google it with "betterbidding.com" in it. This is a GREAT site that users tell each other WHAT, WHERE and HOW they bid and which hotel they got. There is a link to priceline and hotwire from this site and I seem to have gotten better results from using that link!!

I would NEVER go back to reserving hotels the regular way again. Just try it! :thumbs:

Edited by carrieandadrian11

September 11th, 2004 - Met in Asia

May 2007 - Engaged in Hawaii!!

June 2008 - I-129F Petition

June (I think) 2008 - NOA1

October 2008 - NOA2 (P3 sent to wrong consulate by accident)

December 2008 - NON-legal wedding ceremony in Honduras

January 19th, 2009 - P3 finally arrives to correct consulate AND me!!

January 19th, 2009 - "Overnighted" P3 back same day. I am so efficient!!

January 23rd, 2009 - Montreal finally gets it. "Overnight" my a**!! Money refunded to me from Canada Post...ASAH!

March 27th, 2009 - Notified by phone call of interview date

March 31, 2009 - Interview Letter received in mail (P4)

April 6th, 2009 - Medical

April 17th, 2009 - Interview!!!

April 27th 2009 MOVED POE - Buffalo Peace Bridge

May 1st 2009 - Married!!

May 18th - SSN arrived in mail

AoS:

May 14th, 2009 - Filed for AoS - Come on NOOOO RFE'S!!!

May 22nd, 2009 - NOA1 for AoS, AP, EAD - California Service Center. ASAH

May 30th, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received for I485, I765 (where is the I131????)....date June 12th. 2009

June 2nd, 2009 - Biometrics completed

June 15th, 2009 - EAD Card production ordered!!

June 20th, 2009 - AP, EAD arrives in mail! (no email from CRIS)

July 2nd, 2009 - AOS Transferred to California

August 7th, 2009 - Green Card production ordered. WoohoO!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Same here... I can't wait for us to have our dates :)

It's good though that you are not missing any papers and are on the waiting list!

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Actually, this is why hotwire/priceline are so cheap, because they DON'T show you the names of the hotel, just the general area. Also, with priceline, if your bid isn't accepted then you can try again in 24 hours, or just change a few things in your search if you need it right away (IE/ Change 4 star to 3.5 star).

I have nothing but good things to say about hotwire and priceline. I booked for Montreal the Hyatt for $58US a night from priceline, I think I could have gotten it for cheaper because they accepted my bid the first time! Arg :P There are taxes tho, and for both nights it was $27, so, about $70 US a night or so. Again, something tells me I could have gotten it cheaper. OH WELL! But, I did a bit of research and was pretty sure I was bidding on the HYatt and that is the one I wanted. Sure enough it was it!

I have not yet been disappointing in our rooms. We booked a room at the Renaissance hotel in the Skydome for $46 a night, total luxury - had a living room, king size bed, LOVED IT!!!! I actually kind of find it fun, like "OHH i wonder which hotel we will get!!!???"

There are hints you can use to figure out which hotel it will be. At the risk of sharing my secrets :whistle: I find out the info from the site, then google it with "betterbidding.com" in it. This is a GREAT site that users tell each other WHAT, WHERE and HOW they bid and which hotel they got. There is a link to priceline and hotwire from this site and I seem to have gotten better results from using that link!!

I would NEVER go back to reserving hotels the regular way again. Just try it! :thumbs:

Couldn't have explained it better myself. We've booked through Hotwire about 5 times now and always had a very nice hotel, for a fraction of the price.

We stayed at the Hyatt and it was a bit small and a bit dated, but defintely clean and in a great location. It has a really nice pool too!

Wanted to add that although many people have stayed at La Tour and I have no personal experience with it, there are a lot of bad reviews on TripAdvisor about bed bugs and so I would never stay there based on those... even if it was cheaper.

The Holiday Inn (a 3.5* on Hotwire) also looks really nice!

Edited by SapphireDreams

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Saphire so true!!!HAHAHA!!! MEETING ON LINE!!!

Back when *GASP* you had to resort to on line to meet someone???? something must be wrong with her lol!

In the beginning I was a little embarrassed to even tell people...I used to say we met through a mutual friend... :blush:

Now it's the norm... and even considered tres cool lol! :star:

Sapphire, you're so right! No way was it popular or even a "real way" according to some, to meet people. Let alone, someone you'd have a true relationship with!

OMG... you did NOT just say that you used to tell people you met rhough a mutual friend. THAT was MY line!!! TOOOOO funny! :rofl:

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Couldn't have explained it better myself. We've booked through Hotwire about 5 times now and always had a very nice hotel, for a fraction of the price.

We stayed at the Hyatt and it was a bit small and a bit dated, but defintely clean and in a great location. It has a really nice pool too!

Wanted to add that although many people have stayed at La Tour and I have no personal experience with it, there are a lot of bad reviews on TripAdvisor about bed bugs and so I would never stay there based on those... even if it was cheaper.

The Holiday Inn (a 3.5* on Hotwire) also looks really nice!

That's what we're going for... either the 4* (Hyatt) or the 3.5* (Holiday Inn). I am such a royal princess when it comes to hotel rooms. It took me almost 7 days to decide on a hotel for Toronto when we went for his Interview!

This one was nice, but in a bad location. That one was not so nice, but in a good location. OMG, such drama in choosing a stupid hotel room for one night!

I had originally thought about La Tour, until I saw the post about the bedbugs. Then, I almost lost my lunch. No way!! Ugh.

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Ive been trying to see how long after the consulate recieves the file the packet 3 is sent... It seems everyone got theirs pretty quick, I called DoS last Wednesday and they said it was sent on Monday the 23rd. And still no package 3 for me... Canada post said 4 days to get here from Montreal ... I'm prolly just being OCD but why is it taking so long omg. :(

ok, so I think I understand the HOTWIRE thing.... but how can you be sure, you are getting a hotel in the area you want? I mean, i'd like to book a hotel within walking distance....how do you narrow down the area close to the Consulate... sorry, so not techy :(

I'm getting so bummed out with this proof of income and tax return stuff :( I posted a thread in the Embassy forum.... my fiance gave me his tax returns from past 3 years, but no attachments or anything. He doesn't have any W2's (he says) as he is self employed, but his filings are under his corporation and he pays himself as an employee... I told him about the forum and said he may need more... but I think he's at his limit with all the advise I tell him I get on here lol!

He thinks it's good enough for him to be there and answer any questions.... aah yeah, cause theyll just take your word for it.... do you have a police clearence... nope, but trust me when I tell ya that I have never been in trouble with the law :innocent: lol!

I think he may need more documentation, like supporting docs etc... but he thinks if it was ok for NOA2 approval, we'll be fine with just photos copies of 3 returns... i'll be super upset if we get turned away for more proof :(

So stressing... if he does need to order IRS transcripts... I think it'll take long... and on the Embassy forum...they are all too advanced in taxes 101 with me and I think they're getting frustrated with me lol!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.