smokey27

Co-sponsor question

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm curious to know if there is any type of set minimum income amount that a US citizen must make to be aproved?

K1 Visa Process

Yoko & I met on Myspace.com 6-18-2008

Yoko visits America 9-5-2008 - 9-13-2008

I visit Japan 10-8-2008 - 10-14-2008

*** Engaged 10-14-2008 ***

Yoko visits America 12-27-2008 - 1-2-2009

I visit Japan 4-12-2009 - 5-3-2009

K1 Packet sent 5-19-2009

Check to Homeland Security cleared 5-22-2009

NOA1 Received 5-21-2009

NOA2 Received 8-20-2009

NVC Received our case 8-31-2009

Received Packet 3 from Japanese Embassy 9-9-2009

Medical Exam in Japan 10-14-2009

Interview at American Embassy in Japan 11-2-2009

K1 Visa Received 11-5-2009

AOS Process

Yoko arrives to America 2-26-2010

Yoko and I finally get married 3-5-2010

Mailed I-485, I-131 & I-765 5-10-2010

NOA Received for I-485, I-131, & I-765 5-17-2010

Biometrics 6-11-2010

AP Approval Received 7-27-2010

EAD Card Received 7-30-2010

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi to everyone, I was done my Interview today at Manila Embassy and I did not get an Approval and back my Passport to me, because the consul said that the K1 Visa is not allowed a Co- sponsor. My fiance did not meet the minimum requirement for Poverty line (he only work as a Part time), That's why he used his Father as a Co-sponsor, But the thing is Co-sponsor is not Applicable now to K1 Visa, They did not denied our Petition they just ask the Notorized letter from New employer of my fiance stating his start date salary. Because I told to the Consul that My fiance is looking a for a new job, which Is true, But I know it took a while before you get a new job. Now my question is can my fiance got a 2 jobs even if its both part-time so he can meet the minimum requirement, what is the chances that we denied on this petition if ever we dont provide it, If we denied can we Married and change our Petiton to CR1, and If we get married are we gonna start all over again,,. Sorry to a lot of question I just feel so bad the outcome of my Interview, because on my knowledge and research the co-sponsor is allowed beside we hire a lawyer to file this petition to make sure that the petition are no chances of denial. So I know with all your advice I am more open on what is our next thing that we have to do, Again thank you in advance..

hi...can you post your timeline so that we all knew it.thanks.......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Yes, I can see your point... i'm sorry the information your looking for is not readily available. If you're anything like me (who needs to know everything ;) ) that has to be difficult.

The reviews for the Consulate seem pretty good even though the information on how the process is handled is not so current in the links I left you above. Hopefully they can help ease your mind a bit.

Hopefully the process for you will be smooth and the things you read here will help you prepare the best you can for the interview.

What you can do, after you've gone through the process or find others from Croatia that have, is enter a thorough review of the Consulate for others so the information is available.

Again, the best of luck to you.

Thanks for the nice wishes! =)

Just last night I got a lot of help by the Croatian girl I mentioned. So that's now awesome. She's a bit ahead in the process, so I'll learn more and we'll be able to share experience. Will try, once more, to contact the Embassy and find out about co-sponsors. Hopefully someone will care to reply or answer a question on the phone.

Both of us really need to know everything so, yes, this is extremely hard, dealing with all the... nothingness! VJ forum has been really helpful so far in general, though!

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi to everyone, I was done my Interview today at Manila Embassy and I did not get an Approval and back my Passport to me, because the consul said that the K1 Visa is not allowed a Co- sponsor. My fiance did not meet the minimum requirement for Poverty line (he only work as a Part time), That's why he used his Father as a Co-sponsor, But the thing is Co-sponsor is not Applicable now to K1 Visa, They did not denied our Petition they just ask the Notorized letter from New employer of my fiance stating his start date salary. Because I told to the Consul that My fiance is looking a for a new job, which Is true, But I know it took a while before you get a new job. Now my question is can my fiance got a 2 jobs even if its both part-time so he can meet the minimum requirement, what is the chances that we denied on this petition if ever we dont provide it, If we denied can we Married and change our Petiton to CR1, and If we get married are we gonna start all over again,,. Sorry to a lot of question I just feel so bad the outcome of my Interview, because on my knowledge and research the co-sponsor is allowed beside we hire a lawyer to file this petition to make sure that the petition are no chances of denial. So I know with all your advice I am more open on what is our next thing that we have to do, Again thank you in advance..

Hello there! I'm sad of your experience, I hope you feel okay now. I was also interviewed last Nov. 3, 7:00am for my K-3 visa. Actually, I have the same problem as yours due to my husband's income last year coz negative ang income tax returns nya. He is into real estate tapos nag recession, so affected talaga income nya ngayon. Then he has a sideline job in which di naman talaga kalakihan yung salary and it is just seasonal(baseball stadium). I really had second thoughts for my interview kasi I was afraid sa income nang asawa ko(please read my posts). Then what he did was, he wrote a letter for USEM(sent thru me, and I brougt it to the interview) explaining about his income problem. He also sent an employment certificate and 3 paystubs.Then 2 days before the interview, natanggap sya in another job na di rin talaga permanent. So, he sent me again a another employment certificate and a revised letter for USEM(scanned and emailed to me, then I printed them out), still explaining his hardships and altered income due to the economic crisis, and his new jobs. During my pre-screening, the filipina lady asked for the ITR, then asked what does my husband do. I told her what, then she got a little bit shocked. _____??? Then negative income9for 2007)??? Then I told her, Maam, my husband sent thru me a letter for USEM explaining his income. I gave to her the letter, then the employment certificates and the paystubs. She read the letter and then told me to wait again for my number to be called. Then on the final interview, I was shaking due to the fact that I was afraid I might be denied because of my husband's little income last year and then he just started with his new jobs(the first one last february, then the other one just recently). The consul(window 27) had no question regarding my husband's income! Sooooo glad! Then she told me, she finds my husband's income sufficient, and that I am a professional, and had many years experience in my present job, so I have the ability to work in the US, and there will be no problem, she said. That's it! She said congrats to me, and I was so surprised because I wasn't really expecting it. Then the USEM gave me a pink slip. All I can say is, have patience... if it's for you, it's really for you. When your fiance finds a new job, present to them a new evidence of his ability to support you. God bless!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I managed to get some Embassy employee on the phone yesterday.

According to the guy, co-sponsors are allowed in Croatia.

I hope that's actually really correct, because in the past I've been given inaccurate or wrong information by those same people. I'll check again sometime later.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

I'm curious to know if there is any type of set minimum income amount that a US citizen must make to be aproved?

Yes there is, it has to be 125% of the poverty level. Half way down this page is an easy chart to figure it out:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Family size includes you, your fiance, and any children or other people in the household that you support/will support. For just you and fiance, it would be $17,500 for 2008.

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

You try... and if what you try does not work.. you try something else... until you get the answers you are looking for.

If you can't find other VJ members that have gone through Croatia or do not get the answers you need from the Embassy reviews or info pages, then try another website. If you can't get in touch with the Embassy then you call DOS. If they dont help then you call your rep... etc, etc.

Information is everywhere. You just have to look...sometimes harder than others. ;)

I wish. =/

There really are very, very few Croatians (I finally stumbled upon one today and am really hoping she will notice my message and help with what she seems to have been through that yet awaits me/us) on this forum. Elsewhere on the internet, even less so. There are only about 4.5 millions of us and really an unsignificant number ends up immigrating to the US. Out of those, most won't get anywhere even near a forum or website, other than the official ones which, so far, have proven to be mostly useless, if not even full of incorrect or at least incomplete information.

The Embassy in Zagreb, of course, has a couple phone numbers you can sometimes reach, but it's really hard to get any information from the employees. They usually just send you back to the website that was the main reason you called them in the first place, due to horrible lack of information. They, of course, also have an email but I have yet to receive anything other than an automated reply from them, saying that someone will, actually, type something up. Someday. No reply so far, and it's been over a year since my first inquiry. A while ago, they seemed really helpful when it was an USC asking for advice/help, but right now that isn't really working either.

Neither of us has problems with looking things up - we gladly would (and have been, as much as possible), but the problem really is - lack of information and/or even ideas as to where else we could look. Experience with the Embassy so far has thought us to simply not rely on what's posted on any and all official websites so I don't really think we're being paranoid or way too cautious. It's just that, if this fails, we don't really have many other options and we're only really trying to make sure we're doing things right.

Don't wait until she notices your posting, PM her! Best of luck!

carlahmsb4.gif

This is bad news. I'm a full time student with no job. My mom is going to be my co-sponsor. Does it vary by consulate? Does anyone know about the London embassy? God I hope they allow it! I'm worried now!!

You should be fine, as long as she meets the requirements. I too am a full time student with no income (besides financial aid) and my mom will be sponsoring my fiance. Does your mom support you? If not, you will not be included in the household size. For us, it's just my mom and my fiance, so she makes well over the limit for it. London does accept co-sponsor's, so don't worry too much :)

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

Yes... Click here...

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

I had my interview last Wed, Nov 19. (K1) The consul officer said everything looks good except for my fiance's income. They looked at his 2005-07 tax transcript(all under poverty level too) and his 3 recent paystubs.

I was asked to send or submit a sustained income of not less than $17,000/yr along with my passport.

I was given a pink slip and asked to pay at Delbros booth P250.00

I am worried because my fiance doesnt have a fixed income. He is working for a car dealership company since April 2008 and is paid on a commission basis.

I am still waiting for my fiance to send me his paper. He is looking for a new job too and has a job interview tomorrow.

will it help if I also send along his bank statement? He doesnt have a big amount of money in his account but maybe it can help? Is there a deadline as to when I should send to the embassy the required document?

Thanksto everybody congratulations by the way to those who got their visas already!!! :thumbs:

Hello Everyone!

I had my interview last Wed, Nov 19. (K1) The consul officer said everything looks good except for my fiance's income. They looked at his 2005-07 tax transcript(all under poverty level too) and his 3 recent paystubs.

I was asked to send or submit a sustained income of not less than $17,000/yr along with my passport.

I was given a pink slip and asked to pay at Delbros booth P250.00

I am worried because my fiance doesnt have a fixed income. He is working for a car dealership company since April 2008 and is paid on a commission basis.

I am still waiting for my fiance to send me his paper. He is looking for a new job too and has a job interview tomorrow.

will it help if I also send along his bank statement? He doesnt have a big amount of money in his account but maybe it can help? Is there a deadline as to when I should send to the embassy the required document?

Thanksto everybody congratulations by the way to those who got their visas already!!! :thumbs:

pinkRia...it's a good idea to not add to this thread with specific information that you're looking for. Post a new thread and you'll get responses specific to your situation.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.