Mike1976

Have any one got married just 3 monthes after a divorce?

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all , I was Married to a USC from 2001 and we got divorced july,2006. soon after the divorce i went back to egypt and got married on october,2006 . i applied for i-130 when i was LPR and upgraded the petition on july2008. I am just wondring after all i rade here that my wife could have any problem after she go through NVC and interview.

I have visited her 5 times since we got married and i toke 3 leave of absance in the last 12 monthes to be with my wife.

Thanks for reading and giving your opinion.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I wonder the same thing. I got divorced and remarried after 6 months. My first husband left after he got his greencard too, so I am hoping they don't give us a hard time. It wasn't my or my ex husband fault why he left, but USCIS always makes problems for people. I hope they don't make a problem for us or for you!

Timeline
I wonder the same thing. I got divorced and remarried after 6 months. My first husband left after he got his greencard too, so I am hoping they don't give us a hard time. It wasn't my or my ex husband fault why he left, but USCIS always makes problems for people. I hope they don't make a problem for us or for you!

Don't worry, that's what they told me don't worry as long everything is legal and you can prove your marriage is real.

I know my wife even before i got divorced becouse my pervious marriage weren't working out and my wife and i were talking even before divorce.

Good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi all , I was Married to a USC from 2001 and we got divorced july,2006. soon after the divorce i went back to egypt and got married on october,2006 . i applied for i-130 when i was LPR and upgraded the petition on july2008. I am just wondring after all i rade here that my wife could have any problem after she go through NVC and interview.

I have visited her 5 times since we got married and i toke 3 leave of absance in the last 12 monthes to be with my wife.

Didn't you just come to the US like a year or two ago? And now you're applying for a wife that you have in Egypt? That would put a huge red flag up for me.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Didn't you just come to the US like a year or two ago? And now you're applying for a wife that you have in Egypt? That would put a huge red flag up for me.

No i am not here from 2 oe 3 years ago i been in the US since 2001, did you read my topic? i am saying that i was married in the untired states and got divorced. after that i went to egypt to remarry. ofcourse it is a crime in the united states if you marry here while you are married in another country. no one can do that unless they crazy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

:huh:

No i am not here from 2 oe 3 years ago i been in the US since 2001, did you read my topic? i am saying that i was married in the untired states and got divorced. after that i went to egypt to remarry. ofcourse it is a crime in the united states if you marry here while you are married in another country. no one can do that unless they crazy.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

why not ? she is my wife and we are married legally. and my divorce was legal too.

You've got a big red flag there.

what's the red flag ?

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Red flag: You married very soon after your divorce

Red flag: You were sponsored by a USC, now want to bring someone from your homeland to the US.

These two things make them look harder at your case for signs of green card fraud. One way fraud is committed is by marrying a USC, getting regularized, then divorcing and applying to bring over a spouse or fiance from the old country that they knew before the divorce. It's like that was the plan all along when you first came here. I'm not saying it is, but that's the way immigration examiners think.

Timeline

Red flag: You were sponsored by a USC, now want to bring someone from your homeland to the US.

These two things make them look harder at your case for signs of green card fraud. One way fraud is committed is by marrying a USC, getting regularized, then divorcing and applying to bring over a spouse or fiance from the old country that they knew before the divorce. It's like that was the plan all along when you first came here. I'm not saying it is, but that's the way immigration examiners think.

well my pervious marriage was very reall that's why we were married for 6 years but we had some problems that made us sprate after that. also i went through naturalzation procceses and the intrviewer told me i divorced on july and remarried on october . he said it is ok becouse that's legal and nothing wrong with it. also after the interview told me now you will bring your new wife here right? i looked at him and he said yes , that's what i would do if i want to be with my wife.

so my point is if that was a fraud he won't never give me a citizenship.

pluse i told him i know her from my childhood but we were just talking as a friends.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

well my pervious marriage was very reall that's why we were married for 6 years but we had some problems that made us sprate after that. also i went through naturalzation procceses and the intrviewer told me i divorced on july and remarried on october . he said it is ok becouse that's legal and nothing wrong with it. also after the interview told me now you will bring your new wife here right? i looked at him and he said yes , that's what i would do if i want to be with my wife.

so my point is if that was a fraud he won't never give me a citizenship.

pluse i told him i know her from my childhood but we were just talking as a friends.

shes in egypt, your whole family is in egypt, her whole family is in egypt, why not live in egypt?

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

so my point is if that was a fraud he won't never give me a citizenship. pluse i told him i know her from my childhood but we were just talking as a friends.

Ummmmm...no, he gave you your citizenship because after 5 years as an LPR or 3 years married to a USC you were eligible to apply for it. The issue isn't with your citizenship, the issue will be with your wife when she goes to her visa interview. The Consulate Officer will raise issues with your petition due to the speedy turnaround of your divorce/citizenship/new marriage which gives them pause to think that your whole efforts in the United States with your ex-wife have been under false pretenses.

I'm not saying you have been committing fraud, but your actions will give anyone cause to believe other wise. Remember, Consulate Officers are trained to be the most suspicious SOBs in the world...if they have doubts/red flags with anything in your petition they will deny her.

Good luck with your efforts, you're going to need it. :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Don't worry, that's what they told me don't worry as long everything is legal and you can prove your marriage is real.

I know my wife even before i got divorced becouse my pervious marriage weren't working out and my wife and i were talking even before divorce.Good luck

this right here would be consider bad, you talk to other women and knew before divorce to me that part doenst look good

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

I know my wife even before i got divorced becouse my pervious marriage weren't working out and my wife and i were talking even before divorce.Good luck

this right here would be consider bad, you talk to other women and knew before divorce to me that part doenst look good

I agree with everyone. but let's say i have proved to them before that my pervious marriage was a real marriage and i went through all that. what is my wife's fault to not be with her husband . they also know that marriage in egypt between christians is not termnated at all. once 2 christians couple marry they will be married forever.

any how we will never know untill we get to NVC. thanks all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.