chaingang

Remaining story after passport Requested

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Chaingang,

They are doing their final review now, do not worry - as you case is nearly complete, they can take between 1- 4 weeks to get back to you, they took 2 months for my husband to recontact him. They may take a week or two for you depending on how long the review takes.

Good you are feeling better. Now make your preparations.

Sending my prayers! Good news will come soon, Insha-Allah!

Tam

thank you tammy for your quick reply , i feel my case is officially closed and it is now approved for visa , or they wont tell me sending them passport , police report and medical report , inshallah visa will be in my hands soon .

i know one thing from here who ever contacted by them and telling them sending them passport , medical and police report , they got visa with in 2 weeks , so i am hoping and praying that i get visa with out any delays now ....

inshallah ur husband will also get his visa soon

prayers to all of you

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaingang,

I really hope they are going to issue the visa now. I been thinking about it ever since you told us that the DOS requested the passport. That is so weird how they called you when you were trying to call them. You're right you been on AP long enough. Inshallah you will get your visa soon!!!

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Chaingang--

I would expect up to two weeks like your friend had his. . .embassys seem to like 2 weeks.

When hubby got out of AP and they requested his passport it took almost two weeks. . .I was able to find out that the visa had been issued by the DOS number, so you can try that as well. Within 48 hours of issuance it was in my hand.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hello guys

I hope everyone is fine , i am extremely sorry guys , i was not able to post what happened after i call Dos and they said "passport requested" ..... i was very sick , and i was not able to get online , i rarely got online coz of flu , cough, then pain in chest, it was like all pain came in me once , now with the grace of Allah i am fine

now come to the point

like i told everyone that passport was requested , and i told u guys that i am going to embassy and ask them what DOS told me , but then i thought wait for a while i might got a call from them, before going to embassy i thought to call DOS again i got same information passport requested , i thought i might be able to get some new information , but i didn't

so what i did , i call dos after 2 hours again and i talk to some other lady she sounds like spanish , she told me that on your case it is written passport requested , and you need to send them passport i told her that i am not contacted yet she told me u should be contacted yet then i asked should i there she said sure go and submit your passport i told her any thing else u can see on my case she said , passport was requested on you case on October 4, i told her its 21ist october now and i am not contacted yet she said go and tell them what i told you i said ok fine thank you so much........

i went to sleep having hopes high , woke up in the morning and then i start calling embassy i had full plans to go to embassy on same day that i am going to tell them that that Dos told me i was keep on trying finally when i was able to connect them , some a***h****l**** pick up phone and then hung up on me , it really pissed me off , i tried for 20 minutes and he hung up on me ..

i tried calling again , when i was calling on my home number suddenly i got a call on my Cell phone first i thought i wont pick up coz i was busy calling embassy but then i thought no pick up who is on the phone ..

when i pick up , a guy introduce himself saying he is calling from US embassy , damn couldn't believe my ears that i am trying to call them and they called me ....

he told me that we need your new passport since your passport is expired , i said ok Sir no problem then he told me also send us NEW police certificate and new medical report i said ok sir any thing else

he said one last thing do send us DS230 form i said why , he said any change of address i said no everything that is mentioned on DS230 form is exactly same he said ok fine and hung up ...

i just jump from the bed and went to islamabad to do medical examination again

when i was in islamabad i got a call from my home , and my dad told me that there is a packet came from US EMBASSY i told my dad i said what is that he said i dont know and dont want to open since its yours , when u get back u open it up , honestly i was scared i thought they send me my case back and on my way back to peshawar i was thinking that i guess my case got F********up

when i came back i opened the envelope all i saw our pictures that was sent by my lawyer , the email records , proof of envelopes , greeting cards, and that's it

they kept financial documents , affidavit of supports , pregnancy proof , property papers ,

i dont know why would they send me pictures , emails cards and kept all the other stuff any one has any idea about that

, i got my new medical report and police report .. it took like 4 days to get all things done

last monday i was able to send my new passport , new police report and new medical report , to them , and when i call DOS yesterday , they told me that embassy has received your new passport , police report and medical report......

that's the story i need to share with u guys

what do u guys think am i going to get visa or they are going to put me again in some ap ####### since i dont want any more ap coz i was in ap from like 20 months and i think thats enough ap for me ...

i am hoping and praying its visa , exactly same thing happened with my one friend he was in ap from like 19 months he got call from embassy , embassy never mentioned any visa , all they asked , passport , police report and medical report and he got his visa with in 14 days ..........

i am hoping and praying that its visa nothing else , and inshallah waiting game is over for me coz i have really waited enough , and honestly i was strong from inside before and i am strong from inside now since i know Allah is there for all of us , he guides us , bless us and show us light in the dark

let me know your feelings brothers and sisters about my little long story , but i wanted to share every words with you guys

Allah bless us all

Amin

inshAllah i m sure it will b good news....

As for the injustice of the system.. well life is not always fair... and Allah SWT knows wat is best for us.. He is to decide=) khair i m really happy 2 know =)) 20mons is not an easy wait (not to mention the wait b4 the AP)...

plz pray for us all..

Tammy=( i feel ur pain may Allah SWT make this stage easy upon us all...... at times i feel i m falling apart... what sin /wrong do i have done... is this some kind of a punishment from Allah SWT..? or a test?! wa'Allah al'am...

praying for you all...

duas,

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

hello guys

I hope everyone is fine , i am extremely sorry guys , i was not able to post what happened after i call Dos and they said "passport requested" ..... i was very sick , and i was not able to get online , i rarely got online coz of flu , cough, then pain in chest, it was like all pain came in me once , now with the grace of Allah i am fine

now come to the point

like i told everyone that passport was requested , and i told u guys that i am going to embassy and ask them what DOS told me , but then i thought wait for a while i might got a call from them, before going to embassy i thought to call DOS again i got same information passport requested , i thought i might be able to get some new information , but i didn't

so what i did , i call dos after 2 hours again and i talk to some other lady she sounds like spanish , she told me that on your case it is written passport requested , and you need to send them passport i told her that i am not contacted yet she told me u should be contacted yet then i asked should i there she said sure go and submit your passport i told her any thing else u can see on my case she said , passport was requested on you case on October 4, i told her its 21ist october now and i am not contacted yet she said go and tell them what i told you i said ok fine thank you so much........

i went to sleep having hopes high , woke up in the morning and then i start calling embassy i had full plans to go to embassy on same day that i am going to tell them that that Dos told me i was keep on trying finally when i was able to connect them , some a***h****l**** pick up phone and then hung up on me , it really pissed me off , i tried for 20 minutes and he hung up on me ..

i tried calling again , when i was calling on my home number suddenly i got a call on my Cell phone first i thought i wont pick up coz i was busy calling embassy but then i thought no pick up who is on the phone ..

when i pick up , a guy introduce himself saying he is calling from US embassy , damn couldn't believe my ears that i am trying to call them and they called me ....

he told me that we need your new passport since your passport is expired , i said ok Sir no problem then he told me also send us NEW police certificate and new medical report i said ok sir any thing else

he said one last thing do send us DS230 form i said why , he said any change of address i said no everything that is mentioned on DS230 form is exactly same he said ok fine and hung up ...

when i was in islamabad i got a call from my home , and my dad told me that there is a packet came from US EMBASSY i told my dad i said what is that he said i dont know and dont want to open since its yours , when u get back u open it up , honestly i was scared i thought they send me my case back and on my way back to peshawar i was thinking that i guess my case got F********up

when i came back i opened the envelope all i saw our pictures that was sent by my lawyer , the email records , proof of envelopes , greeting cards, and that's it

they kept financial documents , affidavit of supports , pregnancy proof , property papers ,

i dont know why would they send me pictures , emails cards and kept all the other stuff any one has any idea about that

, i got my new medical report and police report .. it took like 4 days to get all things done

last monday i was able to send my new passport , new police report and new medical report , to them , and when i call DOS yesterday , they told me that embassy has received your new passport , police report and medical report......

what do u guys think am i going to get visa or they are going to put me again in some ap ####### since i dont want any more ap coz i was in ap from like 20 months and i think thats enough ap for me ...

i am hoping and praying its visa , exactly same thing happened with my one friend he was in ap from like 19 months he got call from embassy , embassy never mentioned any visa , all they asked , passport , police report and medical report and he got his visa with in 14 days ..........

i am hoping and praying that its visa nothing else , and inshallah waiting game is over for me coz i have really waited enough , and honestly i was strong from inside before and i am strong from inside now since i know Allah is there for all of us , he guides us , bless us and show us light in the dark

let me know your feelings brothers and sisters about my little long story , but i wanted to share every words with you guys

Allah bless us all

Amin

As for the injustice of the system.. well life is not always fair... and Allah SWT knows wat is best for us.. He is to decide=) khair i m really happy 2 know =)) 20mons is not an easy wait (not to mention the wait b4 the AP)...

plz pray for us all..

Tammy=( i feel ur pain may Allah SWT make this stage easy upon us all...... at times i feel i m falling apart... what sin /wrong do i have done... is this some kind of a punishment from Allah SWT..? or a test?! wa'Allah al'am...

praying for you all...

duas,

thank you brothers and sisters , inshallah i am hoping and praying its good news since i waited for very long time ,

i did call on friday , Dos lady told me that they have received your passport , medical report and police report , this is what she told me , i sent it on monday and they update information i guess on friday ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I will call again on tuesday or wednesday to check for updates ...

dont worry , Tammy, revived , mrsaif, brownerygirl , soon i gurantee u , u guys will hear good news unexpectedly , when it can happen with me when i was thinking to go to some other country and i already said i was going in the month of december , i even submitted my all documents and was waiting for universty answer ,

See what happens never crossed my mind , but Allah does things when we are hopeless , so we should never ever be hopeless from the blessings of Allah

Faith in him , fix all troubles , problems ,,,,,

My prayers are with all of you and i remember everyone in my prayers , u guys should remember me in your prayers , prayers works , it changes lives ,

May Allah give us peace and happiness

Amin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Everything sounds great! It is your time! God is good!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hello guys

now come to the point

Allah bless us all

Amin

plz pray for us all..

praying for you all...

duas,

thank you brothers and sisters , inshallah i am hoping and praying its good news since i waited for very long time ,

i did call on friday , Dos lady told me that they have received your passport , medical report and police report , this is what she told me , i sent it on monday and they update information i guess on friday ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

dont worry , Tammy, revived , mrsaif, brownerygirl , soon i gurantee u , u guys will hear good news unexpectedly , when it can happen with me when i was thinking to go to some other country and i already said i was going in the month of december , i even submitted my all documents and was waiting for universty answer ,

See what happens never crossed my mind , but Allah does things when we are hopeless , so we should never ever be hopeless from the blessings of Allah

My prayers are with all of you and i remember everyone in my prayers , u guys should remember me in your prayers , prayers works , it changes lives ,

Amin

C,

thnx for the kind words=))

may Allah SWT give you bark'at in age, ilm, rizk, and emaan ~Ameen

prayin' for ya all, n requestin ya all to do likewise

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

hello guys

now come to the point

Allah bless us all

Amin

plz pray for us all..

praying for you all...

duas,

Amin

C,

thnx for the kind words=))

may Allah SWT give you bark'at in age, ilm, rizk, and emaan ~Ameen

prayin' for ya all, n requestin ya all to do likewise

you are welcome , revived inshallah , u will also hear good news since your waiver is approved inshallah soon ur husband will get the magic call too

prayers to all of you , and May Allah give us faith , patience

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I think this is great News!!!!!!!! :dance:

Keep us posted when you will recieve your Passport back... INSHALLAH I hope soon!!

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Keep us posted when you will recieve your Passport back... INSHALLAH I hope soon!!

Nita

nita i am counting on every single day its 8th day now , by the way how much time does it take from your husband to get his visa after he received call , did he submit passport in advance or when he got call then he submitted his passport ..

i am feeling i will get visa in next week if Allah is willing coz liberal from pakistan got his visa with in 15 days , he got his visa like 4 days ago

prayers to all

Allah bless us all

Amin

Timeline

Well my husband took his passport in to the Embassy and it took him 2 days to get his passport back with the Visa. But mind you he didn't have to submit any additional documents. Maybe because you did they have to review those first. INSHALLAH you will get your passport any day now!!! How exciting for you!! How do they send it to you? Mail or do you go to pick-up?? My husband had to go and pick it up!

Finally after the long wait you are finally going to get your Visa :dance::dance:

Nita

Nita

nita i am counting on every single day its 8th day now , by the way how much time does it take from your husband to get his visa after he received call , did he submit passport in advance or when he got call then he submitted his passport ..

i am feeling i will get visa in next week if Allah is willing coz liberal from pakistan got his visa with in 15 days , he got his visa like 4 days ago

prayers to all

Allah bless us all

Amin

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Well my husband took his passport in to the Embassy and it took him 2 days to get his passport back with the Visa. But mind you he didn't have to submit any additional documents. Maybe because you did they have to review those first. INSHALLAH you will get your passport any day now!!! How exciting for you!! How do they send it to you? Mail or do you go to pick-up?? My husband had to go and pick it up!

Finally after the long wait you are finally going to get your Visa :dance::dance:

Nita

Nita

prayers to all

Allah bless us all

Amin

thank you sister for your reply , well they send my proof to me the proof that was submitted by my lawyer , via private courier services that is called TCS .Tcs charged me for that embassy dont pay for that , they requested for police, medical report and passport coz all of them were expired . expired passport was with me coz they never kept it with themselves , medical report and police report was with them , police report here in pakistan is only valid for 30 days and medical report is valid for 6 months , and my ap took 20 months in total so obviously they will have to request all those things again , here in pakistan you dont need to go to embassy to pick up your visa , they send it via courier service office in which city you live , you will send and receive things via courier service to their office , so i had to submit all those things to the specified courier service recommended by embassy ....

so the packet and passport will come to the same courier service and then they will call you to pick up your stuff,,,,,,,,

in pakistan normally i think it takes 2 weeks , what i heard and checked with other applicants , so i was just courious , but i dont know which visa am i going to get that is going to be CR1 or IR1 ,,, i have no idea and dont know how i will know which visa am i going to get , can u please tell me is there any thing specific mention on the visa that can differentiate between CR1 and IR1 visa

yes nita until i dont have visa in my hands i wont believe after all that waiting game seriously , until i dont see things with my eyes , it seems to be not believing ,

hey i have no doubts on blessing of Allah , i am blessed with out any doubt with out any 2nd thought but still i need to see visa in my hands lolzzz , thats why i am waiting for every single day , and thats why now days i cant even open a damn book to study some Networking,,,,,,,,,,,,

May Allah give us patience , eeman , forgiveness and above all success in this world and on the day of judgment

Amen

Sum Amen

:thumbs:

Timeline

LOL I know what you mean seeing your Visa in your Hands, my husband was the same way! We waited 2.5 years for him to come here, so I understand this waiting game... I hope you get it soon!!! There in the Stamp it says what type your visa is, my husband it says IR1 on it... I Hope you get that one too so you dont have to deal with USCIS for now... Good Luck!! Keep us posted ok

Nita

Nita

Nita

prayers to all

Allah bless us all

Amin

thank you sister for your reply , well they send my proof to me the proof that was submitted by my lawyer , via private courier services that is called TCS .Tcs charged me for that embassy dont pay for that , they requested for police, medical report and passport coz all of them were expired . expired passport was with me coz they never kept it with themselves , medical report and police report was with them , police report here in pakistan is only valid for 30 days and medical report is valid for 6 months , and my ap took 20 months in total so obviously they will have to request all those things again , here in pakistan you dont need to go to embassy to pick up your visa , they send it via courier service office in which city you live , you will send and receive things via courier service to their office , so i had to submit all those things to the specified courier service recommended by embassy ....

so the packet and passport will come to the same courier service and then they will call you to pick up your stuff,,,,,,,,

in pakistan normally i think it takes 2 weeks , what i heard and checked with other applicants , so i was just courious , but i dont know which visa am i going to get that is going to be CR1 or IR1 ,,, i have no idea and dont know how i will know which visa am i going to get , can u please tell me is there any thing specific mention on the visa that can differentiate between CR1 and IR1 visa

yes nita until i dont have visa in my hands i wont believe after all that waiting game seriously , until i dont see things with my eyes , it seems to be not believing ,

hey i have no doubts on blessing of Allah , i am blessed with out any doubt with out any 2nd thought but still i need to see visa in my hands lolzzz , thats why i am waiting for every single day , and thats why now days i cant even open a damn book to study some Networking,,,,,,,,,,,,

May Allah give us patience , eeman , forgiveness and above all success in this world and on the day of judgment

Amen

Sum Amen

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

LOL I know what you mean seeing your Visa in your Hands, my husband was the same way! We waited 2.5 years for him to come here, so I understand this waiting game... I hope you get it soon!!! There in the Stamp it says what type your visa is, my husband it says IR1 on it... I Hope you get that one too so you dont have to deal with USCIS for now... Good Luck!! Keep us posted ok

Nita

Nita

Nita

prayers to all

Allah bless us all

Amin

Amen

Sum Amen

ahahahah , offcourse i wont belive until i dont touch it and hug my visa lolz hahahaa but thank you for telling me , i hope and pray that visa is IR1 so i wont get trapped in uscis b*****ss again

inshallah i will let u know guys once visa is in my hands

Allah bless us all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.