Amina_KSA

Interview Questions...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Guys,

We're going for our interview on Monday.

I'd love to hear everyone's interview experiences and know what questions they asked you.

I really look forward to hearing your experiences. I tried to read the reviews for my embassy but there are only like two replies.

Thanks again!

Me: USC DH: Egyptian Citizen

Together we have a beautiful son, born on Christmas day 2007

Filing DCF (IR-1) from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia:

July 30, 2008 - Filed I-130 at Riyadh Embassy

August 3, 2008 - I-130 Approved

The embassy let us delay the interview so that my husband would have time to finish his work contract.

November 3, 2008 - Final Interview, APPROVED!!!

The embassy let us wait until late January to submit the passport for the visa so that DH could finish his work contract.

February 9, 2009 - VISA IN PASSPORT!!! (DH's birthdate wrong on visa, embassy keeps it for correction - gah!!!)

February 15, 2009 - CORRECTED VISA IN PASSPORT!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i don't know what is your visa type ? but i think its K3

Here are some of the interview questions they might ask him at the USA embassy

1-What's your wife full name?

2-How many times have you met?

3-When and how did you meet?

4- How long have you known each other?

5-How long were you together the last time?

6-What are the dates of the visits?

7-Where does she live? Which city and state?

8-What does she do for a living?

9-What is her phone number?

10-Do you know how long she has had this job?

11-Did you have an wedding ceremony? Please describe your wedding ceremony.

12-Have you met her family?

13-Where does her parents live?

14-Why would you choose to marry so much older/younger than you?

15-How do you spell her middle name?

16-What are your wife's parents names?

17-Does your wife have any brothers or sisters? What are their names?

18-Do you know if your wife was married before? How many times ?

19-When did she divorce her ex-husbands?

20-Does your wife have any children? how many ? What are their names? do they live with her?

21-Why do you want to travel to the United States?

22-What is your wife birth date?

23-Where was your wife born?

24-Where and when were you married?

25-What company does she work for and what is her title?

26-Did you prepare the forms yourself?

27-Which university did she graduate from?

28-What is her ex-husband's name?

29-have you talked to her family on the phone ?

30-Do they approve of your relationship?

31-When was her last divorce?

32-how long you known each other ?

33-what do you love about your wife?

34-what do your parents think about the marriage ?do they approve it ?

35-why your wife's marriage not work out ?

36-what did you send to your wife like gifts...?

37-what did she send to you ?

and Here are some tips for the interview:

1. Do not volunteer information. For most questions, the shorter and more direct the answers are, the shorter the interview and the higher the chance of success. If the question is a yes or no question, give yes or no answers only. If the question is a simple question like "What is your name?" answer simply with your name.

2. If you do not know the answer to a question, do not lie. Say, "I don't know the answer to that at this time." or "I don't remember."

3. The answer to many questions will be in the papers that were sent in the petitions. Questions like, "what are your wife's parent's names". They will expect you to know the information given in your petitions. Review everything in your paperwork with your husband ( fiance(e) before his interview, and do a mock interview to see how the information may be applied.

4. Avoid saying "I think . . .". Women do this a lot. The examiner will expect you to know not be unsure, of your answers. Also, avoid adding "umm", "you know" and "ahh" type fillers to your speech.

5. When applicable, don't just state, demonstrate. If the examiner asks a question that can be answered with a document or photograph(s), provide it along with your answer.

For example, if the examiner asks, "What does your family think of your wife (fiancee)?", give them a picture or two with your answer; "They like her very much. Here is a picture of her with my mother and father at my parent's home."

Or, "How many attended your wedding?" Answer, "(give a number, then say) We have some lovely wedding photos of our guests having fun. Here are a few that I can show you."

6. Give American answers for dates and times. 12/24/07, not 24/12/07.

7. Dress well, but not overdressed.

8. Try to appear calm, well organized, and friendly. Nervousness raises suspicions.

9. Remain focused. If the examiner makes jokes, smile and enjoy, but do not make jokes too.

10. Make proper eye contact when conversing with the examiner, and try to control your own facial expressions so that your face remains pleasant and cordial.

11. Be audible so that your examiner doesn't have to ask you to repeat your answers.

12. Organize your papers in a way that will allow you to retrieve them easily and quickly. Examiners appreciate order and someone who doesn't waste their time.

13. When the interview is over, always ask for the results. "What should I now tell my husband about my visa status after our interview?" Before you leave, have them explain any papers they give to you and/or any procedures they will be taking to complete your case. Try to get the examiner's name for future reference, if needed. Write it down.

14. If the interview is in another city than the one you live in, arrive a day or two early to complete biometrics and get the results of your medical exam.

15. Arrive early to the consulate, but also be prepared to wait for a time past your scheduled interview appointment time. Be careful of thieves around the consulate if you have to carry cash. Bring ID; you cannot enter without it.

Good luck and my best wishes for you

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Mine was very short:

- where did you meet?

- when did we get married? (I got that one wrong, said 1995 instead of 2005!!!! The CO asked "are you sure?" and I corrected myself)

- Why are we planning to move to Arkansas?

- Is <town we planed to live in in Arkansas> near Little Rock?

- Have you any children with your previous husband?

- Are the children from this marriage registered with the US embassy as dual citizens?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Thank you for posting this - that was very kind of you! Our visa is actually a CR-1, so many of the questions do not apply to us since I have lived abroad with my husband since the day we got married and we have traveled to the States to visit my family several times on vacation since getting married. But thanks again for the taking the time to share your advise!

i don't know what is your visa type ? but i think its K3

Here are some of the interview questions they might ask him at the USA embassy

1-What's your wife full name?

2-How many times have you met?

3-When and how did you meet?

4- How long have you known each other?

5-How long were you together the last time?

6-What are the dates of the visits?

7-Where does she live? Which city and state?

8-What does she do for a living?

9-What is her phone number?

10-Do you know how long she has had this job?

11-Did you have an wedding ceremony? Please describe your wedding ceremony.

12-Have you met her family?

13-Where does her parents live?

14-Why would you choose to marry so much older/younger than you?

15-How do you spell her middle name?

16-What are your wife's parents names?

17-Does your wife have any brothers or sisters? What are their names?

18-Do you know if your wife was married before? How many times ?

19-When did she divorce her ex-husbands?

20-Does your wife have any children? how many ? What are their names? do they live with her?

21-Why do you want to travel to the United States?

22-What is your wife birth date?

23-Where was your wife born?

24-Where and when were you married?

25-What company does she work for and what is her title?

26-Did you prepare the forms yourself?

27-Which university did she graduate from?

28-What is her ex-husband's name?

29-have you talked to her family on the phone ?

30-Do they approve of your relationship?

31-When was her last divorce?

32-how long you known each other ?

33-what do you love about your wife?

34-what do your parents think about the marriage ?do they approve it ?

35-why your wife's marriage not work out ?

36-what did you send to your wife like gifts...?

37-what did she send to you ?

and Here are some tips for the interview:

1. Do not volunteer information. For most questions, the shorter and more direct the answers are, the shorter the interview and the higher the chance of success. If the question is a yes or no question, give yes or no answers only. If the question is a simple question like "What is your name?" answer simply with your name.

2. If you do not know the answer to a question, do not lie. Say, "I don't know the answer to that at this time." or "I don't remember."

3. The answer to many questions will be in the papers that were sent in the petitions. Questions like, "what are your wife's parent's names". They will expect you to know the information given in your petitions. Review everything in your paperwork with your husband ( fiance(e) before his interview, and do a mock interview to see how the information may be applied.

4. Avoid saying "I think . . .". Women do this a lot. The examiner will expect you to know not be unsure, of your answers. Also, avoid adding "umm", "you know" and "ahh" type fillers to your speech.

5. When applicable, don't just state, demonstrate. If the examiner asks a question that can be answered with a document or photograph(s), provide it along with your answer.

For example, if the examiner asks, "What does your family think of your wife (fiancee)?", give them a picture or two with your answer; "They like her very much. Here is a picture of her with my mother and father at my parent's home."

Or, "How many attended your wedding?" Answer, "(give a number, then say) We have some lovely wedding photos of our guests having fun. Here are a few that I can show you."

6. Give American answers for dates and times. 12/24/07, not 24/12/07.

7. Dress well, but not overdressed.

8. Try to appear calm, well organized, and friendly. Nervousness raises suspicions.

9. Remain focused. If the examiner makes jokes, smile and enjoy, but do not make jokes too.

10. Make proper eye contact when conversing with the examiner, and try to control your own facial expressions so that your face remains pleasant and cordial.

11. Be audible so that your examiner doesn't have to ask you to repeat your answers.

12. Organize your papers in a way that will allow you to retrieve them easily and quickly. Examiners appreciate order and someone who doesn't waste their time.

13. When the interview is over, always ask for the results. "What should I now tell my husband about my visa status after our interview?" Before you leave, have them explain any papers they give to you and/or any procedures they will be taking to complete your case. Try to get the examiner's name for future reference, if needed. Write it down.

14. If the interview is in another city than the one you live in, arrive a day or two early to complete biometrics and get the results of your medical exam.

15. Arrive early to the consulate, but also be prepared to wait for a time past your scheduled interview appointment time. Be careful of thieves around the consulate if you have to carry cash. Bring ID; you cannot enter without it.

Good luck and my best wishes for you

The embassy let us delay the interview so that my husband would have time to finish his work contract.

The embassy let us wait until late January to submit the passport for the visa so that DH could finish his work contract.

February 9, 2009 - VISA IN PASSPORT!!! (DH's birthdate wrong on visa, embassy keeps it for correction - gah!!!)

Timeline

Oh Penguin I am praying our interview goes like yours did!!! And lol @ 1995 instead of 2005!

Mine was very short:

- where did you meet?

- when did we get married? (I got that one wrong, said 1995 instead of 2005!!!! The CO asked "are you sure?" and I corrected myself)

- Why are we planning to move to Arkansas?

- Is <town we planed to live in in Arkansas> near Little Rock?

- Have you any children with your previous husband?

- Are the children from this marriage registered with the US embassy as dual citizens?

Mine was really short too

How long have you been married for?

Where is your husband?

Where are you intending on moving to? (Seattle)

Is your husband from Washington?

Have you been to the US before?

Did you study there?

How long have you been in Australia?

Where were you before that? (Japan)

Did you get married in Japan?

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

LOL. A situation like that works well to break the ice, so to speak. When we filed my I-130 petition in Amsterdam the CO broke the ice for us by asking if I was a drummer (was wearing my lucky Zildjian shirt) and saying he liked my wife's middle name. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.