hardtodescribe

The Other Colombia

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

When I move here it was a bit sad to find out what people know about my country Colombia. Pablo Escobar, drugs, violence and coffee. Few knew about our flowers. And it is not their fault.. We only get the bad news about other places. That is why today wanted to share this video with you guys!! This is the other Colombia!!!

Things are really getting better in Colombia and a lot has to do with our just reelected president Alvaro Uribe. If you guys have the chance go to Colombia!! you will LOVE IT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXMZQ8gY3WU

K1 I-129F (Nebraska) Nov 6, 03

Nov 6, 03 - Mar 5, 04 . Nebraska falls hopelessly behind on K1s

Mar 6, 04 . Married in Colombia...at that point in time appeared that we would be together faster marrying and starting over with a K3.

Mar 6,15, 04 . Honeymoon. and during this time Nebraska processes 4 months of visas in 2 weeks..upon return, we find K1 approved but must start over with K3

I-130 NOA1.. Mailed March 17, 04

I-130..Transfered to California on Sep 29/2004

I-130.. Touched Sep 30/2004

I-130 .. APROVED!!! October 29/2004!!!!! Only one month In California!! Thanks GOD!

K3 I-129F NOA1 March 23, 04

K3 I-129F.. Touched Sep 21, 22, and 23

K3 I-129F OCTOBER 07!!FOUND OUT FROM NVC WE'RE APPROVED AND APPLICATION LEFT NVC FOR THE EMBASSY ApprovalDAY 198September 23? I think so. DAY 198 was a great day.

K3 I-129F October 20, 04. Package 3 recieved at my house

K3 I-129F October 20, 04. Package 3 returned at the Embassy (the same day) we are very fast.

K3 I-129 Dec 09,04 Interview in Bogota..It was so so easy. They did not make questions.

K3 I-129 December 16,04 Recieve passport home

K3 I-129 December 20. My love arrives to pick me up

K3 I-129 December 23. I leave Colombia to Move to USA!!!! IM HOME!!

P.S. I LOVE my wife!!!! She is worth it all!

P.S: Im CRAZY about my husband!! HE IS THE BEST MAN IN THE WORLD!!

I went to Colombia in 2004, to Cartagena and I absolutely loved it! It was before I met my husband, and he has since told me about Barranquilla that he visited and we are making plans to go when he gets his AP document. I totally agree that folks need to get over the fear and stereotype of the "OLD" Colombia. I also want to visit San Andreas island, what a gem!

panama17xu.gif texas19sn.gif

pequen4io.jpg

Married January 18, 2006

08 JUN 2006.....AP document recieved :)

09 JUN 2006.....regular EAD approval

14 JUN 2006.....regular EAD recieved in mail

22 JUL 2006......AOS and EAD (?) touched...moving along maybe? :)

21 AUG 2006....Recieved interview letter!

26 SEP 2006.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 SEP 2006.....APPROVED WITH FLYING COLORS!

05 OCT 2006....Welcome letter recieved

11 OCT 2006....THE CARD ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!!

15 SEP 2008.....Sent for removal of conditions

24 SEP 2008.....NOA for removal of conditions

10 MAR 2009....Transferred from VSC to CSC

22 MAY 2009.....REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS APPROVED!!!!!! :) Citizenship here we come!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I want to add my bit !!!! I met my wife on a business trip to Medellin (never been to colombia) before that trip I was advised by so many people of the danger that Colombia may offer such as Guerrillas , drug dealers , assults "western style" ,pick packeters , rufis at clubs and the list was on and on and on ......

I'm Ecuadorean (lived the majority part of my life in the US) and 6 other friends went to Medellin and none of us were Colombian nor been there. With all the negative comments we had our doubts and tremors, but what the hell , let's do it. I was impressed , as soon as we arrived to the airport , we had a driver picking us up and took us to our hotel , he was very polite and instructive. The hotel staff was way above and beyond service. To make the whole story short , Medellin is just like any other large city in Latin America , but what makes the difference is the PEOPLE , the generosity , the politeness , friendliness , kindness , sincerity of them and most of all these descriptions of PAISAS is how extremley HUMBLE they are , and that's something I have not seen anywhere else I had traveled (no offense to other nacionalities , including Ecuadoreans).

I-130

02-06-06 NOA-1

02-21-06 *touched*

04-27-06 Approved (Wife)

05-02-06 Approved (Stepchild)

04-28-06 *touched*

05-01-06 *touched*

I-129F

02-22-06 NOA-1

03-08-06 *touched*

04-28-06 *touched*

05-04-06 *touched*

05-17-06 APPROVED

05-26-06 Received by NVC

05-30-06 Case # assigned

05-31-06 Sent to Bogota

06-02-06 Received at embassy (signed by Pedro)

06-06-06 Sent packet 3 to Medellin

06-08-06 Received packet 3

06-12-06 Faxed and mailed packet 3 back to US Embassy

06-16-06 Received packet 4 // INTERVIEW DATE JULY 21ST , 2006

07-21-06 Visas APPROVED , coming to America on July 28 , 2006

NVC

05-08-06 received (Stepchild)

05-09-06 received (wife)

05-12-06 case # assigned (Stepchild)

05-19-06 case # assigned (Wife)

AOS

05-02-08 AOS received in Chicago Lockbox

05-20-08 Bometrics done for both of them

06-15-08 RFE for 864

07-18-08 Resumed processing

11-07-08 I called USCIS and placed an "Service request"

12-02-08 "Service Request" notice received

12-17-08 Interview letter received dated on 12-08-08

02-18-09 Interview date at 8:45AM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I went to Cali two times in 2003. I didn't have any fear--but the people I met there me cuidan mucho--because you know they had some fear. Yeah Colombia is beautiful, and the people are nice--but there are still FARC, and others--and then the usual crime you have in any city anywhere. But they knew where to go when to go and where not to go and when not to go--so I felt safe.

Now on the other hand--the only time I really felt in danger was in a car driving from Cali to Armenia and back--oh my God! Colombians are very reckless drivers! Its no wonder the side of the roads are lined with memorials, roses, flores, and a cross--I saw two traffic accidents during that trip--I would prefer to drive myself if I ever return to Colombia.

Edited by Artegal

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.