raindrop

Request for Evidence??

41 posts in this topic

We had a RFE even though we have bought a house together and showed them plenty of evidence the first time. I sent the same things. Plus had my work write letters showing each other as benficiaries for life insurance and stuff. I also explained why one period of time didn't have much shared information.

February 17, 2005--mailed in I 129F to CSC!

February 24, 2005--1st NOA

March 15, 2005--2nd NOA

April 11, 2005--Fiance receives Packet 3

May 19, 2005 Fax Checklist(Nigeria police report finally arrives)

June 6, 2005-- Interview Date!!!!Visa approved!!

June 18, 2005--Fiancee arrives in Hawaii!

August 14, 2005--wedding in Oregon

September 12, 2005--sent in AOS

September 20, 2005--1st NOA AOS

September 23, 2005--Walk-in biometrics completed

October 1, 2005--fingerprints received/processing resumed

November 26, 2005--EAD card received in mail

June 7, 2006--contact senators about AOS

June 28, 2006--senator says interview date is for August 14!!

August 14, 2006--AOS interview and 1 year wedding anniversary

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
We don't have a joint checking or 401K. Only savings.

Our health insurance is separate because our place of employment.

We only have 1 joint CC and that we sent. I think that's messed up that they would force you to get more "debt" for proof. Or spend more money out of pocket for policies, etc...!

We don't have any department stores, gas cards... either.

I would worry about signing on to anything new as it would more than likely raise a red flag. Don't you guys think the same?

So can anyone tell me why it is so hard for us who are all doing this thing lawfully and by THEIR rules? Yet there are SOOOO many illegal people living amongst us, who have jobs, get welfare, are buying new homes, new cars..... And the state seems to cater to them even though NONE of them have filed any paperwork, etc.... It's so unjust!!!!!! :(

Ask your employer to write a statment, that your husband is listed as emergency contact in your employment application and vice versa, that he listed you as emergency contact in his employment application. what about life insurance? do you have one that your employer pay for it? i think most employers do have to purchase life insurance for their employees, if so ask your employer or the insurance company your employer purchased the life insurance policy from to write a statment that you listed your husband as benificiary, do you have car registration with both name on it, that can work, car insurance with both names on it, get a couple of friends/neigbours/family to write you an affidavit stating they knew you both as married couple and yu both living together happly. copie of DL showing same address .. what ever you can think of

GOOD LUCK

We don't have a joint checking or 401K. Only savings.

Our health insurance is separate because our place of employment.

We only have 1 joint CC and that we sent. I think that's messed up that they would force you to get more "debt" for proof. Or spend more money out of pocket for policies, etc...!

We don't have any department stores, gas cards... either.

I would worry about signing on to anything new as it would more than likely raise a red flag. Don't you guys think the same?

So can anyone tell me why it is so hard for us who are all doing this thing lawfully and by THEIR rules? Yet there are SOOOO many illegal people living amongst us, who have jobs, get welfare, are buying new homes, new cars..... And the state seems to cater to them even though NONE of them have filed any paperwork, etc.... It's so unjust!!!!!! :(

Ask your employer to write a statment, that your husband is listed as emergency contact in your employment application and vice versa, that you are listed you as emergency contact in his employment application. what about life insurance? do you have one that your employer pay for it? i think most employers do have to purchase life insurance for their employees, if so ask your employer or the insurance company your employer purchased the life insurance policy from to write a statment that you listed your husband as benificiary, do you have car registration with both name on it, that can work, car insurance with both names on it, get a couple of friends/neigbours/family to write you an affidavit stating they knew you both as married couple and yu both living together happly. copie of DL showing same address .. what ever you can think of

GOOD LUCK

I also got an RFE a few days ago. When I submitted my i-751 I had sent them everything you did plus the transcripts for taxes 2005 and 2006, I had also sent the life insurance policy. This time I'm basically sending the same things but with more current dates for the bank and credit card statements, the transcript for taxes 2007 (which we did after we applied). And I'm marking it the bank statements the payment for the life insurance which is done automatically tfrom our checking account each month.

I was told by several people that it might be that they want more up-to-date documents since what they have are a year old right now. For whatever reason it is, we just have to send them whatever we have. I just don't understand them, we can't just make up more evidence, it is what it is.

I'm also sending them documents from the beginning of the marriage, like statements from 2005, just more things. I hope that's enough for them.

BTW don't send just your 1040 for the taxes, you have to send them the transcript from the IRS. In the RFE it says that this tax document has to be from a goverment institution.

Good luck to both of us! :thumbs:

We had a RFE even though we have bought a house together and showed them plenty of evidence the first time. I sent the same things. Plus had my work write letters showing each other as benficiaries for life insurance and stuff. I also explained why one period of time didn't have much shared information.

Sometimes I just think they sent the whole RFE thing randomly. Like in your case, you sent them plenty of proof and still they sent you an RFE. I sent everything that has been suggested to raindrop, except for the car loan or insurance because we don't own a car, we live in NYC so there's really no need right now. I sent joint accounts, joint savings and checking, life insurance, etc.

And there has been approval or people that haven't submmited joint accounts or those type of joint evidence. Well I guess it's there game we have to play by their rules like someone in this post said.

Good luck to everyone

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for everyone's replies.

I'm starting to think the same, that they just pull people at random.

I ran into someone, who didn't get an RFE, but was called in for interview. They own a house together, etc...

I also thought about sending more recent statements as well as statements dated back to when we first got married. We are getting letters from neighbors, friends, employers. I hope all this will be enough. Good luck to all of you!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have sometimes just seen people being asked for more info and just updated documents satisfy this request. If you have taken pictures , trips etc, send those. You are never too young to have life insurance, but I believe that a personal and financial decision though. My mother has life insurance for her kids since we were about 18/19 as well as her self... it can be beneficial, just like car and home insurance. I would submit updated bills, receipts and stuff. anything and everything!

Mailed N-400 March 6th via priority certified mail and Rec'd 9th (confirmation by USPS)

NOA rec'd: 3/19/2009 (date 3/16/2009, priority 3/9/2009)

Biometrics rec'd 3/26/2009, appt 4/9/2009

IL: 5/22/09

ID: 07/06/2009

Oath: 07/16/2009

SSN updated: 7/16/2009 (not received yet)

Passport rec'd: 8/15/2009(nat. certif not rec'd yet)

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

I guess I am in the same page as you. but the difference is I am separated.

I do think that it's depend on the examiner too.

because me and my friend filed I-751 around same time and she didn't have any problem and it only took about 6 months for her to get a green card.

Her husband was in active duty, he still is.

And, funny thing is, me and my friend sent almost same type of document.

But why do I get a request mail that I need to send more evidence to prove it's a good marriage ?

I got the same letter like you did, I have to send it before december.8.

Good luck to us !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sometimes I just think they sent the whole RFE thing randomly. Like in your case, you sent them plenty of proof and still they sent you an RFE. I sent everything that has been suggested to raindrop, except for the car loan or insurance because we don't own a car, we live in NYC so there's really no need right now. I sent joint accounts, joint savings and checking, life insurance, etc.

And there has been approval or people that haven't submmited joint accounts or those type of joint evidence. Well I guess it's there game we have to play by their rules like someone in this post said.

Good luck to everyone

Just because you send proof, it may not be the proof they are looking for.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Timeline

Even is frustrating since you really don't know why when you compare yourself with other people in your same situation...remember that every person may have a different officer reviewing their case.

Same as there are cops who will stop you if you go over 5mph from the speed limit and others will let you go.

There are some that will go EXACTLY by the book and others that are more flexible or understand more several circumstances that may arise.

Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have a question.

How do you file a tax return if your spouse was in another country and did not have a SSN?

I am going to be in the same boat for next year. Hopefully, the 2008 tax return he will have a SSN by April.

Do you just fill in none on the SSN and that is fine? Can you do the same when you do E-file?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have a question.

How do you file a tax return if your spouse was in another country and did not have a SSN?

I am going to be in the same boat for next year. Hopefully, the 2008 tax return he will have a SSN by April.

Do you just fill in none on the SSN and that is fine? Can you do the same when you do E-file?

ITIN.... Individual Taxpayer Identification Number... These are issued by the IRS... It is a convuluted excersise but that is your option

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.