Kevin&Leilei

November '08 K-1 Filers

927 posts in this topic

Just got my letter from the NVC. My petition has been forwarded to Hong Kong! Glad to see the NVC step come so fast. :thumbs:

Yay!!! Another step in the process is over! We recieved a letter dated 19th March that our petition was being forwarded but I havent recieved my packet 3 yet so I am calling this morning (£1.20 per minute aggghhhhhh my poor phone bill)to see if London have recieved it. I know im not giving them a lot of time to send the info out, but I'm just so excited! I'm going to wait to see if it comes this morning and if not, then call!

I want to get the ball rolling on booking the medical (I just want it out of the way) and we are desperate to send stuff back so that we can get an interview date and book Dave some flights over here to be with me for the interview.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek, people keep asking me if I'm scared about immigrating. I wasnt whilst that NOA 2 was still in the pipe line....but I'm starting to get scared now....its all happening!

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone who is moving forward with the journey. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: It feels so good to finally get the countdown. We got everything ready for our packet 3. Fortunately our consulate don't requre sending it out. I just have to take everything with me on the interview. I still have to schedule the medical but I will probably do it in the same week with the interview. We are still debating if we should get the plane ticket in advance but knowing how many people have troubles with their visas its better just to wait at least after the interview. Hopefully everything will be ok and May sounds like a great month for a wedding :)

Good luck to everyone.

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

6/24/09 NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/06/09 EAD and AP approved

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/11/09 GC card production ordered e-mail at 6.15am on 8/12 (go figure)

8/11/09 Touch on EAD card production ordered again

8/12/09 EAD approval notice sent

8/14/09 EAD and AP received in the mail

8/14/09 GC approval notice sent

8/18/09 Welcome notice

8/20/09 GC in the mail Yay. DONE WITH USCIS TILL 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys...been away from VJ for a little but now im back :D

Hi guys. I'm having a great time with my fiancee, but it's cold here in Northeastern China. We're planning to take a trip to Thailand together in a few weeks to warm up. :D

I know alot of you guys are busy with the paperwork but hows everyone's wedding plans going??

Our wedding is still at least five months away, so I'm not too worried about it. Besides, we want a small, informal wedding anyway. It's not the ceremony that's important, it's spending our lives together. :)

Yeah we're looking at something small since we'll be back in australia for the baby's 1st bday next August...glad you're having a great time there Kevin!

We are thinking along the same lines--a quick civil wedding now maybe a nice travel wedding (elopement?) later. We've also got a child (wonderful blessing!!!) but family support has been touch and go...

A destination wedding sounds fantastic !!

We're planning to get married in Tampa... my hometown :) I can't wait! I've already got my dress, etc... Come on VSC we need an approval!

How exciting!!!

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
A new week begins....has anyone who is still waiting heard anything today? All of this waiting is killing me!

I've heard nothing... no touches... I've read on other forums that it seems that VSC hits about 60% and then moves onto the next month and approves the remaining slowly. I'm hoping that isn't really the case, but it seems they've been approving more December filers lately... Oh well... I guess all we can do is keep hoping.

Timeline
Hmmmm....well no one can argue that you have the right to keep whattever name you want to, but i guess your 2 year greencard will not be a relection of your actual name once you do decide to change it.

That is the only problem I can think of. They wont deny you based on this, but you will probably have to have the name changed, and im not sure whether this would incur additional costs / and or time to you at a later date.

Thanks for that...I will need to look into this further..i just wanted to change my name when we have the big wedding thats all :lol: but if its going to cause trouble with the paperwork then I have no choice but to do it I guess..

Hello November family. Just an update. Just called NVC and our petition was send to Sofia on 3/30. Stayed there just for the weekend :)) Can't wait for packet 3 now. I am ready with everything just waiting for the Affidavid of Support which will be here in a couple of days. Hopefully will get an interview date in the end of the month. YAYYYYY.

sooooooooooooooo happy right now. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

PS the call was pretty quick. Was on hold for a few minutes but it was all done in 5 min. Was so happy when she said it was forwarded and forgot to ask for our case number :)

Great news just_friend! Keep us posted with the interview!

Timeline
I want to get the ball rolling on booking the medical (I just want it out of the way) and we are desperate to send stuff back so that we can get an interview date and book Dave some flights over here to be with me for the interview.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek, people keep asking me if I'm scared about immigrating. I wasnt whilst that NOA 2 was still in the pipe line....but I'm starting to get scared now....its all happening!

For me, I never got an actual letter through the post. I received an email with an attachment noting all the forms that needed to be downloaded from the US embassy website and the required documents. Once all of these are gathered, I have to forward onto the Consulate and request for an interview date.

I have everything except for the affidavit of support and tax stuff, the employment letter, paystubs, etc..as well as the letter of intent (just in case)...oh yeah and a copy of the NOA2 which I have somewhere in my inbox that I need to look for. My medical and police certificate has been completed so as soon as I get the rest of the documents needed, I'll get that interview date.

I know what you mean about getting scared :lol: I started feeling like that in Feb when I got my NOA2! I also bought my plane ticket as it was on sale...$1900 down from $2900 r/t. I fly out on Rich's bday which is Halloween (Oct 31) so now that I have an actual move date, its starting to make me nervous :lol: ...I think its due to the fact that I'll be bringing along a 2 month old by then...I think its easier if I was going solo ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
A new week begins....has anyone who is still waiting heard anything today? All of this waiting is killing me!

Nope, not a word, peep, touch. :crying:

Driving me crazy. :blink::wacko:

Oh well, on to the next beer and smoke and wait another day.

Good luck to all my November '08 compatriots for finding an NOA2 in their mailbox tonight or the precious email from CRIS. We're pulling for you.

04/2008: First Met in Person - Macae Brazil

04/2008-07/2008: Corresponded

08/15/2008: Second Trip to Brazil

10/16/2008: Third Trip to Brazil

10/16/2008: Engaged

11/18/2008: K-1 129F Filed w/USCIS

11/20/2008: NOA1 Received

12/19/2008: Fourth Trip to Brazil

02/17/2009: Fifth Trip to Brazil

03/06/2009: Sixth Trip to Brazil

04/14/2009: NOA2 Email – APPROVED (HURRAY <"OBA" as they say in Brazil> !!!!)

04/17/2009: NVC Recv'd Approved K-1 Petition From USCIS; “AP” Advised By Phone (ARGH! All that VSC wait & here we go again !!!!)

04/23/2009: Seventh Trip to Brazil

05/18/2009: RELEASED FROM NVC !!! On the way to the Rio Consulate (FINALLY !!!)

05/28/2009: Eight Trip to Brazil

06/30/2009: Consulate Interview Rio and APPROVAL!!!!

07/16/2009: Final Trip to Brazil before entry to the USA

07/30/2009: Mike on work trip to Singapore for 9 days, return 08/08/2009

08/09/2009: Miche scheduled entry to the USA!! POE Houston

08/10/2009: Closed on new home

08/20/2009: Married in Las Vegas

10/27/2009: Filed I-485/I-131/I-765 with Chicago CIS Office

11/03/2009: NOA1's Received for I-485/I-131/I-765

11/09/2009: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received for 11/18/2009

11/21/2009: I-485 RFE Received; responded 12/07/09 (Birth Certificate Translation)

12/15/2009: Touched

12/18/2009: Touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just got my letter from the NVC. My petition has been forwarded to Hong Kong! Glad to see the NVC step come so fast. :thumbs:

Yay!!! Another step in the process is over! We recieved a letter dated 19th March that our petition was being forwarded but I havent recieved my packet 3 yet so I am calling this morning (£1.20 per minute aggghhhhhh my poor phone bill)to see if London have recieved it. I know im not giving them a lot of time to send the info out, but I'm just so excited! I'm going to wait to see if it comes this morning and if not, then call!

This may be a silly question but is the letter considered the NOA2 approval? I recieved my letter also and my fiance has already recieved his letter with istructions in it. No packet just a letter. How long is the I129F petition good for? The instructions stated to gather all information he will be needing and then contact them for an interview once he has all the paperwork. He sending for the London police report tomorrow and I think it takes 10 days. Once we have that he will get his medical and be ready to go.

Any insight on the process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

Sherri

May Everyday Be Blessed

Sherri L. Adeladan

Timeline
This may be a silly question but is the letter considered the NOA2 approval? I recieved my letter also and my fiance has already recieved his letter with istructions in it. No packet just a letter. How long is the I129F petition good for? The instructions stated to gather all information he will be needing and then contact them for an interview once he has all the paperwork. He sending for the London police report tomorrow and I think it takes 10 days. Once we have that he will get his medical and be ready to go.

Thanks so much

Sherri

Your USC fiance(e) should receive the NOA2 hard copy via post and if he's signed up for email updated, he will be advised of the approval notice. Unless you are talking about packet 3?? I received an email with just a single doc attachment letter and included information on what forms to download and complete, documents to gather and send the required information to the embassy including form DSL-1076 which is 'Applicant Statement of Readiness to be interviewed'. Once they have received this, they will then issue you with an interview date.

Thanks so much

Sherri

Hi sherri,

The london packet 3 is a letter listing the forms you are required to complete, some links to forms you can download and a checklist.

Here is the link to the page on the website...apparently the letter looks like this webpage does.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

From my understanding, the NOA 2 is good for four months HOWEVER London will accept a resigned copy and updated letter of intent from the USC should your NOA 2 get older than 4 months.

I sent off for my police cert a little while ago and if you pay the normal rate, at present it takes 10 working days for it to get to you, some people on another thread have waited up to 3 weeks. I waited for 2 weeks.

So......you fill out the check list included in packet 3, send it back and then you will receive an interview date. Your fiance will need to take all of the evidence with him when he attends the interview. FYI: as your fiance is a uk filer you might want to favourite this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=177012

There are lots of people on that thread from the UK who are preparing for their interviews.

As for me.....apparently my case hasn't even been put onto the system yet! Even though it left NVC nearly 3 weeks ago. Grrrrrr!!!

K1

AOS complete!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

mnb0ir.png

For me, I never got an actual letter through the post. I received an email with an attachment noting all the forms that needed to be downloaded from the US embassy website and the required documents. Once all of these are gathered, I have to forward onto the Consulate and request for an interview date.

I have everything except for the affidavit of support and tax stuff, the employment letter, paystubs, etc..as well as the letter of intent (just in case)...oh yeah and a copy of the NOA2 which I have somewhere in my inbox that I need to look for. My medical and police certificate has been completed so as soon as I get the rest of the documents needed, I'll get that interview date.

I know what you mean about getting scared :lol: I started feeling like that in Feb when I got my NOA2! I also bought my plane ticket as it was on sale...$1900 down from $2900 r/t. I fly out on Rich's bday which is Halloween (Oct 31) so now that I have an actual move date, its starting to make me nervous :lol: ...I think its due to the fact that I'll be bringing along a 2 month old by then...I think its easier if I was going solo ...

oh my! It's even more real when you have a ticket.....and yes of course...a little person too!!! We decided that I would leave on Sept 10th, get married on 19th....when you have dates it feels a little more real.

I looked yesterday, on the date i want to leave, there is a ticket for $455...I was so tempted to buy it but am holding off and trying to be cool about everything. In reality im a bundle of nerves.

I cant believe you'll have a two month old.....that's incredible. How time fly's.....

K1

AOS complete!

mnb0ir.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone. Although this is my first post here, I've been reading for a few months now. I just wanted to report that I got my NOA2 on 4/4/09. The funny thing was I was at work and I get a call from my baby and I hear her crying...I thought something had happened or someone died. heh...well, something DID happen. I was so happy when I got the news :D The long wait is finally over, but I kno I'm not out of the water yet. Itjust puts us that much closer to finally being with each other :D Hang in there to those who haven't got their NOA2 yet. It's on its way....

.....God is really Good....this is life together as one.....

Timeline
oh my! It's even more real when you have a ticket.....and yes of course...a little person too!!! We decided that I would leave on Sept 10th, get married on 19th....when you have dates it feels a little more real.

I looked yesterday, on the date i want to leave, there is a ticket for $455...I was so tempted to buy it but am holding off and trying to be cool about everything. In reality im a bundle of nerves.

I cant believe you'll have a two month old.....that's incredible. How time fly's.....

Definitely am getting a little nervous - only because my family wont be able to spend all that much time with the little man before we leave. Yes, I cant believe ill have a 2 month old by then...unbelievable how time flies! :yes:

September is around the corner girl - soon you'll need to sort out what you're packing :P

That ticket price is great though...but im sure you'll be able to catch a good deal again...there seems to be several airfare sales this year!

Timeline
Hey everyone. Although this is my first post here, I've been reading for a few months now. I just wanted to report that I got my NOA2 on 4/4/09. The funny thing was I was at work and I get a call from my baby and I hear her crying...I thought something had happened or someone died. heh...well, something DID happen. I was so happy when I got the news :D The long wait is finally over, but I kno I'm not out of the water yet. Itjust puts us that much closer to finally being with each other :D Hang in there to those who haven't got their NOA2 yet. It's on its way....

Congratulations :thumbs::dance::dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.