Tash

Hubby passed Interveiw Today

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yea same with us. When we left the entire visitor visa area that had over 200 applicants was completely cleared. But the area for family visa stil had a few folks left and there were only like 50 cases there. Now I see why it takes so long to get interview. There are not 200+ family based interviews, its only like 50. The other folks are visitor visas.

And I wonder what percentage of the visitor visas get approved - not much, I'm sure. Auntie told me she tried to get a visitors visa last month and they denied givina a of that her son (3 1/2) is too young for her to leave on a vacation. What the rass....

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats to you and your SO Tash. This week has been great for Ja and that makes me so happy with all the good news from you guys. If your SO enters the US after your second anniversary date, he should automatically get an IR-1 from my understanding. It is a smart idea to have him ask at the POE for this as it will save you tons of headache in the long run.

Once again, congrats and I hope that God will continue to bless, guide and protect you as you venture on this life long journey.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that Hubby passed his interview this morning. :dance::dancing::dancing: I didn’t attend but he told me how it went. His interview time was scheduled for 7:30a. He reached about 7:10a. There were 2 lines formed outside, he joined the appropriate line showed his appointment letter and email with the correct appointment date to the officer, before entering the building. Yes, our date was originally for Tuesday, Oct 21st but was changed and we never received the corrected appointment letter.

Once inside he went through security check, taking off any jewelry and such. Then once in the main room he went up to a window to give his passport pictures and medical. He didn’t have to pay the $20 US fee since we submitted our petition before the deadline of the new immigration fee which took in effect July 07 then went to the next window for the fingerprints. A number was giving to him, which he waited a while before he was called up again.

He said during his wait he saw quite a few people being rescheduled and denied. One man was there and the interviewer asked where his spouse was. He said she was here but their interview date was rescheduled for today, and she had to leave. Come to find out some info was corresponding and/or docs were missing, so he was giving another interview date. He saw a few people who had to use the telephone to talk to the interviewer during the interview. We don’t know why that’s the case. This he said was making him jittery.

Finally it was his turn. We went up to the window; the interview was a young nice American lad, just smiling. She started out Good Morning, he responded Good Morning. Next she asked him to pick up the phone. OH OH - She then asked him the following questions:

1. How did you meet your wife?

2. How long have you know your wife?

3. When last did you see your wife?

4. Do you have any kids?

5. Does she have any kids?

His entire interview wad done over the phone. Then the women said: Congratulations and instructed him to go over to another section regarding Airpack. That was his experience. I was saying just yesterday I wish our process was as easy as Marlita’s, and look at it – it ended up as such. They didn’t as for ANY evidence or additional paperwork. Funny because I didn’t send any pics or such in the filing. But either way, he was prepared. Better to be prepared then not.

Well, I would like to Praise God that we made it through this entire process without any mishaps. And thanks for this Forum and all the helpful people who gives advice to anyone who needs it. My process here was flawless. We’re both relieved it’s finally over. But we don’t know if we’ve gotten the CR1 or IR1. When do you know this? When you pick up the visa? I just hope it’s the 10yr visa since come Nove11th will be our 2nd yr anniversary. Well, thanks again everyone. I hope everyone else’s Journey will be over shortly and all goes well. I’ve spoken to a couple people privately and just wanted to say it was a pleasure getting you meets you throughout this process. Until further notice.

God Bless.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I HOPE BE THE NEXT !!!!! :dance:

K-1 & K-2
Visa in hand: may 14
POE: Chicago (O'Hare) 05/29/2009 finally together!!!958013z2g3nx0iwd.gif
384957uvzupp2kbf.gif
AOS Journey:
sep 25 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox (AOS FOR K-I & K-2)
sep 27 received and signed
0ct 7 NOA in mailbox (dated oct 2 )
oct 13 biometrics letter (10/27/2009)(DONE)
oct 21 transfer to CSC letter in mailbox ( dated oct 16)
nov 13 : EAD & AP approved
touch after EAD & AP approval? USCIS crazy ppl.
nov 20: AP arrive in the mail
nov 21: EAD arrive in mail

NOV 30: AOS APPROVED (Thanks GOD)
DEC 5: GC & SS arrived in mail
I-751 sent: 08/26/2011
NOA 1: 08/30/2011
BIO: 10/13/2011[/color
I-751 approved 06/28/2012
CARD RECEIVED 05/07/2012

Congrats to you and your SO Tash. This week has been great for Ja and that makes me so happy with all the good news from you guys. If your SO enters the US after your second anniversary date, he should automatically get an IR-1 from my understanding. It is a smart idea to have him ask at the POE for this as it will save you tons of headache in the long run.

Once again, congrats and I hope that God will continue to bless, guide and protect you as you venture on this life long journey.

Thanks, Claire yes he's actaully planning on leaving after our 2yr Anniversary so we will see what comes of it.

And Thanks again EVERYONE. I wish EVERYONE the best of luck as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATS :dance::yes:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Congratulations.. Felicidades... :halloween::dance::thumbs:

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa - DCF

Consulate :---------- Argentina

Marriage :-------------28 - agosto-------2008

I-130 Sent :-----------08 - septiembre--2008

I-130 Approved :-----08 - septiembre--2008

Packet 3 Received :--08 - septiembre- 2008

Packet 3 Sent :-------10 - septiembre--2008

Interview Date :------21 - octubre------2008

Visa Received :-------23 - octubre------2008

US Entry :-------------28 - octubre------2008

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congratulations! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

v34h.jpg

LhJUm4.png

pf2Rm4.png

7gOjm4.png?2CQ9jiXQ

Met on October 18, 1996 in a bar called "Calypso" in Richmond, Virginia, during my Au-Pair year

View complete Timeline:

Quick Facts:
02/23/2006 - sent I 129 to VSC (first step done!) 07/13/2006 - received Visa!
09/22/2006 - civil marriage in New York City
10/05/2006 - sent AOS papers to VSC
12/11/2006 - Welcome Letter and GREEN CARD in Mail!!!!!! Lets' party!!!!!
09/24/2008 - sent Removal of conditions package to VSC
07/02/2009 - received 10 year Green Card! YEAH!!!!! Finally!
2014 - Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.