Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

Well as im the same as you panterchen. Offically the six month club hope it wont be much longer until we hear something. I think the suspense of not knowing anything kills me the most. Have a merry christmas hope you hear something. My finacee arrives in two more days and is staying for two weeks so that should take my mind off of things for a bit. Happy Holidays everyone.

Yes, I agree. The not-knowing is the worst. If they would tell me "OK, you get approved in 200 days from now" I would be upset but I could plan accordingly...bahhhh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

yes my thoughts exactly. Even if I got a touched at least I know someone is still looking at it it has been july and no touches since. Not even an email nothing. If I dont hear anything by the end of this month im going to start to worry more. Cause it is getting a bit ridiculous i mean my friend in the same state as me gets his before I did and he filed a month after me and he waited almost a month before he got his noa1 notice and been like two months he got his noa2. Grrrr and he isnt getting married anymore they broke up. Im so ready for things to go moving for me and I cant wait to spend the rest of my life with my love. And not knowing and that my whole future depends on a piece of paper bugs me the most. If there another way around doing things cause we wanted to do the right way i would of if I would of know it would take this long. So sorry for the venting but Im getting frustrated and worried at the same time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Don't worry Skeez, we have all been there. We have good days and bad. Some days you feel so depressed and sad and that it will NEVER happen and other days you have hope. The worst part for me is feeling so HELPLESS. I feel like there is a force field around USCIS that can never be penetrated. I also am constantly imagining the USCIS employees being lazy and hardly doing any work. It's probably not true, but this is just so frustrating. I definately understand why so many people enter this country illegally. Doing it legally is PAINFUL and exhausting.

This is a good place to whine and complain. We are the only ones who knows what you are going through. I'm sure most of us have never prayed as hard as we have during this time, so I guess we may have gained an increase in faith during this time. I just keep chanting to myself two things. #1 Everything happens for a reason. #2 Gods greatest gifts can be unanswered prayers. I know our relationship has deepened and stregthened during this time and also my families ties with him. I guess that might not have happened if we didn't have this waiting time.

01/06/2006 - Met In Crystal Lake, IL

03/25/2008 - He was denied re-entry to the U.S. for using the tourist visa too many times.

03/28/2008 - My first visit to Sweden

04/23/2008 - NOA1

05/26/2008 - Touched

05/28/2008 - Met in Canada

06/20/2008 - 2nd trip to Sweden

10/23/2008 - Contacted Congressman

10/28/2008 - Touched

10/29/2008 - Touched

11/25/2008 - 3rd trip to Sweden

12/17/2008 - Contacted Congressman

01/31/2009 - Lawyer sent Service Request

02/04/2009 - Touched

02/05/2009 - Touched

02/11/2009 - 4th trip to Sweden

02/25/2008 - Contacted Congressman

02/27/2009 - Was told by Congressman I will be in Security Checks for a "LONG TIME"

03/03/2009 - Info Pass Apointment - They said they couldn't help me

03/02/2009 - NOA2

yes my thoughts exactly. Even if I got a touched at least I know someone is still looking at it it has been july and no touches since. Not even an email nothing. If I dont hear anything by the end of this month im going to start to worry more. Cause it is getting a bit ridiculous i mean my friend in the same state as me gets his before I did and he filed a month after me and he waited almost a month before he got his noa1 notice and been like two months he got his noa2. Grrrr and he isnt getting married anymore they broke up. Im so ready for things to go moving for me and I cant wait to spend the rest of my life with my love. And not knowing and that my whole future depends on a piece of paper bugs me the most. If there another way around doing things cause we wanted to do the right way i would of if I would of know it would take this long. So sorry for the venting but Im getting frustrated and worried at the same time.

Don't worry Skeez, we have all been there. We have good days and bad. Some days you feel so depressed and sad and that it will NEVER happen and other days you have hope. The worst part for me is feeling so HELPLESS. I feel like there is a force field around USCIS that can never be penetrated. I also am constantly imagining the USCIS employees being lazy and hardly doing any work. It's probably not true, but this is just so frustrating. I definately understand why so many people enter this country illegally. Doing it legally is PAINFUL and exhausting.

This is a good place to whine and complain. We are the only ones who knows what you are going through. I'm sure most of us have never prayed as hard as we have during this time, so I guess we may have gained an increase in faith during this time. I just keep chanting to myself two things. #1 Everything happens for a reason. #2 Gods greatest gifts can be unanswered prayers. I know our relationship has deepened and stregthened during this time and also my families ties with him. I guess that might not have happened if we didn't have this waiting time.

I totally agree with both of. I doubt USCIS is aware of what they are doing to people's lives. Throught he procedures, intransparency and delays they cause more and more people to refrain from the legal way. I myself would not advise anyone anymore to go the legal route. If I would have know, I would have just gotten married 'spontaneously' over there and would just have created a bit reception for all of our friends and family a few months later. I am getting so mad when I hear stories about

1) people that file K1 and break up during the process esp. if their relationship was messed up already before,

2) illegal immigrants that stay in the US and even get SSN and government aid from the government I mean ####### (that's what a friend told me about her boyfriend) and

3) talking to friends that have chosen the illegal spontaneous wedding way (meaning nothing was spontaneous) that have had no trouble whatsoever and are now happily living ever after

Skeez I hope this helps; our online status doesn't show any touch since June as well but form the infopass appointment we know we got touched at least twice since then and are in the hands of an officer. I am pretty sure our online case status just doesn't work like it was the case for most june filers from Vermont

And I am also thinking everything happens for a reason. I get to spend more time with my family and friends, I have more time to sell my stuff and Dan and me get to enjoy a great New Years eve together at the Baltic sea. I know that after this journey I will never take this relationship for granted anymore. I would never walk away from him that easily since we had to fight so long to be together. I wouldn't give that up. And I am so looking forward to just never having to board a long distance flight without him anymore. This is what gives me ultimate peace of mind. Because noone is ever gonna make us be part for such a long time again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

well even if people dont show a touch it does not mean that ur case is not being worked on, we have asked for expedite this month, they even sent us a letter asking for supporting documents, our case does not show it was touched since sept of this year, so try not to be upset if you dont see a touch for some reason not all touches are recorded on that stupid sight.

its hard to wait but ur noa2 is coming my prayers are with u guys

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

yes I agree panterchen and wendy I think everything does happen for a reason. We have been through a lot for the past three years but always manage to stick together even though been far apart in different countries. I wouldnt trade my fiancee in for the world. Every day my love for him gets stronger and stronger. And I would wait a lifetime if I had to. I know something will happen soon I think this is a test just to see who we do cope with things and we are doing just fine. Happy Holidays to everyone. And thank you all so much for making me feel more comfortable and letting me vent and giving me the advice I need to hear everyone here is so wonderful. xxxx

Edited by skeez&titanic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Waaaaaaaa!!!!! :crying:

I'm depressed and jealous. I was hoping for my NOA2 for christmas and it just didn't happen.

I'm jealous of all the people on here I see getting there NOA2's.

Isn't 8 months enough???

Why are they doing this to me??????

Waaaaaaa!!!!!! :crying:

01/06/2006 - Met In Crystal Lake, IL

03/25/2008 - He was denied re-entry to the U.S. for using the tourist visa too many times.

03/28/2008 - My first visit to Sweden

04/23/2008 - NOA1

05/26/2008 - Touched

05/28/2008 - Met in Canada

06/20/2008 - 2nd trip to Sweden

10/23/2008 - Contacted Congressman

10/28/2008 - Touched

10/29/2008 - Touched

11/25/2008 - 3rd trip to Sweden

12/17/2008 - Contacted Congressman

01/31/2009 - Lawyer sent Service Request

02/04/2009 - Touched

02/05/2009 - Touched

02/11/2009 - 4th trip to Sweden

02/25/2008 - Contacted Congressman

02/27/2009 - Was told by Congressman I will be in Security Checks for a "LONG TIME"

03/03/2009 - Info Pass Apointment - They said they couldn't help me

03/02/2009 - NOA2

Timeline

i hope everyone had a great christmas

me i have had total melt down, i understood why perviz could not be here last year for the holidays, even went on a pre paid pre planned tour of california that was suppose to include him last july, here i sit one more year thru the holidays with out perviz, i want an answer, i deserve an answer as to why they are doing this, i dont believe in the system anymore, its hard on our relationship, its hard on each of us at work at school, it effects everything in our life, im very depressed right now over all this garbage.

sorry for the vent

sara

Estadia,

venting is totally ok with all of us here! Yeah, when I look at your timeline I really lose faith in this entire system. It is unbelievable that there is nothing you can do. Have you tried to bring your case to the media? Have you tried to speak in person to a senator? I don't know what else we could do. :(

I can imagine this long wait to really be hard on you. It would be for even the strongest relationships. I am proud of you though that you are not giving up and stick to your plans!

Timeline
Estadia,

venting is totally ok with all of us here! Yeah, when I look at your timeline I really lose faith in this entire system. It is unbelievable that there is nothing you can do. Have you tried to bring your case to the media? Have you tried to speak in person to a senator? I don't know what else we could do. :(

I can imagine this long wait to really be hard on you. It would be for even the strongest relationships. I am proud of you though that you are not giving up and stick to your plans!

we have tried everything there is to try and currently waiting to see if the supporting documents they requested from us are enough for the expedite we requested the first of this month, personally i think they are only yanking our chain again, but hey who knows. i just want them to either deny us or approve us it really does not matter what one at least it will be movement on our case and we can move forward to the next step, of course it would depend on the reason for denial as to if we got married and tried it again or just got married and didnt live in the USA, i feel we have been held hostage with out any ransom or negotiations.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
Hey Wendy,

I feel your pain because I am going through the same....I am currently in Dominican Republic spending Christmas with fiance and we are trying to be positive but it will be 8 months soon. I been so sad that I try not to visit this site to much. But I hope this ends soon. Guys I wish you the best of luck...and may the new year bring all of us the happiness we been waiting for.

Liz & Audel

Waaaaaaaa!!!!! :crying:

I'm depressed and jealous. I was hoping for my NOA2 for christmas and it just didn't happen.

I'm jealous of all the people on here I see getting there NOA2's.

Isn't 8 months enough???

Why are they doing this to me??????

Waaaaaaa!!!!!! :crying:

.png

10486.gif

60402a2e5f.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You really wanna be depressed, look at the August filer thread. There's still plenty of July people with nothing, not to mention June, etc.

NOA 2. Really?

You really wanna be depressed, look at the August filer thread. There's still plenty of July people with nothing, not to mention June, etc.

What's really depressing is everyone here waiting from April and May!.... not to mention poor Sara's year + of waiting. Now THAT'S unfair! June is just now at 6 months!

Just want all of you who listened to me vent while waiting over the 6 month mark that I'm still thinking of you and praying for you. I check this thread every day to see if there's any good news. It's gotta come soon... Good Luck!

"Absence is to love as wind is to fire; It extinguishes the small and kindles the great." Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

---

Our Timeline:

02/18/07: Met onboard the Disney Wonder

03/01/07: Started dating

05/31/07: Said our first goodbye

01/20/08: Met again in Miami

02/17/08: My first trip to Brazil!

02/20/08: Engaged!!!!!

02/23/08: Left Brazil :(

03/23/08: Met our lawyer

04/28/08: Mailed packet

05/02/08: NOA-1

08/19/08: Back to Brazil!

08/31/08: Left Brazil :(

09/05/08: Touch!

10/14/08: Contacted my Senator

10/17/08: Flew to NYC to spend a day with my noivo!

11/12/08: Touch

11/12/08: NOA-2

11/19/08: NVC Received Case

11/21/08: Case on it's way to Brazil

11/24/08: Case arrived in Rio

12/05/08: Packet 4 Left Rio (Never Received)

12/16/08: Affidavit Received in Brazil

12/19/08: Medical Done.

01/06/09: Interview! APPROVED!

01/12/09: Visa Received!

01/26/09: US Entry(JFK)-EAD Stamp Received

AOS-Adjustment of Status

04/14/09: AOS Sent to Chicago

04/17/09: Wedding

04/21/09: NOA-1 (EAD,I-131,I-485)

05/07/09: Case Transfered to California Service Center

05/14/09: Biometrics Appointment-DONE!

05/14/09: Case now Pending at California Service Cente

05/15/09: Touch-EAD

05/26/09: EAD Approved - Card Production Ordered

05/26/09: I-131 Travel Document Approved

05/29/09: I-131 Travel Document Received

06/02/09: EAD Approval notice sent

06/03/09: EAD Card Received!

07/17/09: AOS Approved-Card Production ordered and Welcome Letter Sent.

07/23/09: Green Card received in mail.

I AM HERE. I MAY BE JUST ANOTHER POSTER, AND THIS MAY JUST BE ANOTHER COMMENT, BUT IT COMES WITH UTMOST SINCERITY OF WELL WISHES AND PRAYERS.

THIS GOES OUT TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE STILL WAITING.

(F) Gracey

i haven't posted on here for a while...I find it too frustrating. It'll be 8 months in January for us! We've tried the Senators, Congressmen, Enquiry, Lawyer....We phoned USCIS only to be told that California is processing petitions from may & june & that we're not to call back for another 60 days! wot a joke! They are processing cases later than that so why do they talk so much bull #######?!!!

All any of us can do is wait.... It's so upsetting. Our NA02's are gonna come soon.

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.