nunyab

Mena house decorating in the U.S??

223 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Last year, my husband's first Halloween here, I came home to find that he had done some Googling, carved a jack-o-lantern on his own, and stuffed it with a string of Christmas lights. They were both "sitting" there grinning at me when I walked in. :luv:

That is the cutest thing I've heard in a long time!!! :thumbs::luv:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
if I wasn't so lazy to clean my room I would put pics up of my design... someday. :)

come on girly good incentive to clean so you can show it off :star:

Okay fine. I'll do it! I can clean in between testing the cake for this weekend's party. :whistle:

If you need a second opinion on the cake by all means give me a call.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

If you were in CA I would for sure tell you to come! I totally am going to give the whole thing away other than a bite to see if the recipe is good enough! I'm making a cake for Maggie's grandma's 100th birthday this Saturday and I want it to be spectacular!!! :thumbs:

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Last year we remodeled the master bedroom and bath. It was not planned at all, but the end results in the Bedroom is sort of Moroccan. The lights we already had in the house was a huge factor in this. The only regret that I have is that I would have like the room a little darker, but it still looks great.

Waw that's awesome! Lamps and drapes make it look very Morroccan! But why darker? Our room is light blue ... very Meditterean and light! Not really my style but compromise for my husband who likes blue! I did the rest of the house my way soooo least the bedroom is his LOL!

Here is some more inspiration!

100_0414.jpg

2037963943_5418f29f1c.jpg

2037965849_149d4d6b72_m.jpg

normal-96006_19-11-2004_11-26-48.jpg

VB-4064-1.jpg

vb-0325-10.jpg

w134712065.jpg

vb-80-EFH4-6.jpg

460516405_67d97be33d.jpg

Edited by Henia

Timeline
Last year we remodeled the master bedroom and bath. It was not planned at all, but the end results in the Bedroom is sort of Moroccan. The lights we already had in the house was a huge factor in this. The only regret that I have is that I would have like the room a little darker, but it still looks great.

Waw that's awesome! Lamps and drapes make it look very Morroccan! But why darker? Our room is light blue ... very Meditterean and light! Not really my style but compromise for my husband who likes blue! I did the rest of the house my way soooo least the bedroom is his LOL!

Here is some more inspiration!

vb-80-EFH4-6.jpg

*sigh*

Okay, I want this one! :blush:

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

That would not even be hard to do! Just need the right lighting! And the fabric in that pic ... so common to find here ... It's like $5.00 per yard (a real steal)!

Check this site out: http://www.moroccan-furniture-decor.com/ca...nlivingroom.cfm

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh I could so do this room!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

WOW I love all the rooms!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Oh I could so do this room!

that's funny cause i was digging this room too... I actually am considering changing my blue and brown in my bedroom to gold and brown. I've got the old 40's style going on but with the mis matched gold frames i have i think the gold would be nice... but now i am wondering about like a gold comforter with purple after seeing this pic. love the wall hangings too :star:

Thanks for sharing

Timeline
100_0414.jpg

112_sitting_room.jpg

I love the these most!!! Especially the second one, but the light blue looks nice too! Henia, are these inside your house, darling?!?! :o

If so, can I send you money to send me drapes like that?! ;)

220salon202.jpg

And I LOVE this table! :D

Edited by sereia

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Those rooms are frickn awesome!

I was googling about 8 months ago for somewhere to buy the sitting sets here and saw some rooms that just made me drool. Unfourtunatly I cant seem to find any place that makes/sells the "arabic seating" around here. :(

I just need like 10 grand, a barge to carry things back and a trip to jordan,palestine,morroco,egypt and maybe even india for some fabrics too. Then I can create rooms like that! lol is that too much to ask?

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
What about decorating for the holidays? Halloween, Thanksgiving (fall decorations), Christmas, New Years (boy I'm jumping the gun) :P

Are you guys ready? Do you typically decorate? My hubby is an X-Mas baby...thus he wants us to decorate the house for his birthday...LMAO :devil: Plus he's excited to see what it will be like here in the US at the holidays (nothing like NYC) but completely awesome how people go all out w/ lights and southwestern decorations. He's also said we should put up a tree for my father. I thought that was very sweet. (F)

I LOVE halloween. I decorate the whole yard and inside the house and even bring stuff in my office at work. LOL

but, alas.. I did it for two years in a row and NO trick or treaters, not one, not even a mouse :(

So this year we put out just a few things and carved some jack o lanterns of course.

Rajaa, I love this thread btw! :)

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
What about decorating for the holidays? Halloween, Thanksgiving (fall decorations), Christmas, New Years (boy I'm jumping the gun) :P

Are you guys ready? Do you typically decorate? My hubby is an X-Mas baby...thus he wants us to decorate the house for his birthday...LMAO :devil: Plus he's excited to see what it will be like here in the US at the holidays (nothing like NYC) but completely awesome how people go all out w/ lights and southwestern decorations. He's also said we should put up a tree for my father. I thought that was very sweet. (F)

I LOVE halloween. I decorate the whole yard and inside the house and even bring stuff in my office at work. LOL

but, alas.. I did it for two years in a row and NO trick or treaters, not one, not even a mouse :(

So this year we put out just a few things and carved some jack o lanterns of course.

Rajaa, I love this thread btw! :)

Lisa

Thanks Lisa I am surprised there are other's like me interested in this... and yeah Y Habibityk take me with you when you go ok???? whooo hooo fabric shopping from around the world Gosh that would be a blast.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.