nunyab

Mena house decorating in the U.S??

223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

wanna know something sweet??? I told my husband what i was doing and showed him my front room.. his plea to me??? Save some decorating for him.. he is excited and wants to shop for the house too...lol

He says he really does have style, i think it's sweet and i will save some for him. He said when i get over there in Jan.. we'll go shopping together for the house

warm and fuzzy feelings :) now

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
wanna know something sweet??? I told my husband what i was doing and showed him my front room.. his plea to me??? Save some decorating for him.. he is excited and wants to shop for the house too...lol

He says he really does have style, i think it's sweet and i will save some for him. He said when i get over there in Jan.. we'll go shopping together for the house

warm and fuzzy feelings :) now

You know I always thought it was odd if a man cared about how the house is decorated. But my husband likes to be involved with all of the decorating from the paint color, bedspreads, to the plates and cups. What makes it even better is that he does have excellent taste, and it matches mine. I am so glad about that because me and my ex had absolutely opposite tastes. This is so much fun planning it together.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well I've been complaining that my husband stole my waste basket in the bedroom and keeps it on his side of the bed so he suprised me yesterday with a little decorating of his own..............................two matching new waste baskets, one for each of us! What do they look like you ask? Well let me tell you what they look like...........have you ever bought kitty litter in bulk at BJ's? That's what they look like! lol. He took two empty kitty litter containers, put in a plastic baggie from the supermarket as a liner and voila - decorations by Usama! :rofl::rofl: I told him not to quit his day job ;)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Timeline

:rofl: :rofl:

That totally sounds like Jihed. No design style at all and every time I go to the store to buy something he's hovering over me asking about the price :wacko: Let us hope he doesn't find any discarded items he feels that he can reuse to decorate the home lol

Well I've been complaining that my husband stole my waste basket in the bedroom and keeps it on his side of the bed so he suprised me yesterday with a little decorating of his own..............................two matching new waste baskets, one for each of us! What do they look like you ask? Well let me tell you what they look like...........have you ever bought kitty litter in bulk at BJ's? That's what they look like! lol. He took two empty kitty litter containers, put in a plastic baggie from the supermarket as a liner and voila - decorations by Usama! :rofl::rofl: I told him not to quit his day job ;)

Timeline

That totally sounds like Jihed. No design style at all and every time I go to the store to buy something he's hovering over me asking about the price :wacko: Let us hope he doesn't find any discarded items he feels that he can reuse to decorate the home lol

Once a week he comes home at night with something from someone's trash on trash day. I stopped complaining about it after a while since I just tell him he's responsible for storing it. He has a section of the garage just for his stuff he finds on trash day. I honestly think sometimes he goes out to the garage to just *look* at it all. :lol:

OMG Bridget! I didn't want to admit it but the same thing has been happening here. There are huge commercial dumpsters for everyone in the development to use, so on trash day people are putting things out there that they don't want anymore. Tables, chairs, pictures, anything and every time he takes the trash out here he comes with something. I was just like :wacko: trying to explain to him why the stuff was out there and to stop bringing it home. I started calling him trash picker :rofl: But then he brought in this really really nice coffee table that I had to get down and look at and found it has absolutely nothing at all wrong with it. It's not broken, stained, old, or out of style. We live in a well off neighborhood so I can only think people are tossing things to make room for the new stuff. The worst part is that he now has my father into it. My poor mother. But at least he's storing everything at the farm, as for most I don't have any room for that in my house and I'm not really into the second hand stuff. And he's even started talking about how he could make so much money selling this stuff in Tunisia. How he gets it free here and that people there would pay well for these things because there is nothing wrong with it. Asking me about boats and ways to ship to Tunisia. And telling me his cousin Adel does this but Adel lives in Holland and takes a huge ship into Tunis so I'm sure it's much cheaper for him to bring things. Oh lord what have I gotten myself into? :bonk:

Feels good to know I'm not alone !! LOL

Once a week he comes home at night with something from someone's trash on trash day. I stopped complaining about it after a while since I just tell him he's responsible for storing it. He has a section of the garage just for his stuff he finds on trash day. I honestly think sometimes he goes out to the garage to just *look* at it all. :lol:

Timeline
:rofl:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Did anyone else's husband use to line the table with newspapers before putting dinner down? Took him a good two months to kick that habit!

Timeline
Did anyone else's husband use to line the table with newspapers before putting dinner down? Took him a good two months to kick that habit!

I know of some men from Iraq that would do that, but on the floor. My husband....no way.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

lol you guys are cracking me up... to be honest the only thing i think i'll save for my husband is perhaps some hall hangings, pics or pillows... I'll take the big stuff. But want him to feel like he contributed in some way if he chooses.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

<---is known to find "teasures" on junk day. :blush: LOL

I have scored two awesome pieces in my room. I had to clean them up, paint and recover but, hey! lol

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I havent had a real Christmas tree since I lived at home. This will be Adams first Christmas and I am going to decorate the house, for the first time since I've lived on my own. Im debating on whether to get a real christmas tree or the artificial ones like at Walmart. And when I get a tree, when is a good length of time to have it up in the house? After Thanksgiving? Im also going to decorate the outside balcony patio with lights and wreaths. Im really excited!
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
is it worth learning to reapulster a chair or just buy a new one???

totally worth it! But, Im one of those people who loves that feelign of "look what I did all by myself" lol

I got sick of paying a mechanic on this old buick years ago... i went to autozone, bought one of those manuals that shows you how to do anything on a car and I started fixing the darn thing myself! heh heh

By the way, rajaa... all this redecorating talk and now Im in the midst of redoing a room lol

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

I havent had a real Christmas tree since I lived at home. This will be Adams first Christmas and I am going to decorate the house, for the first time since I've lived on my own. Im debating on whether to get a real christmas tree or the artificial ones like at Walmart. And when I get a tree, when is a good length of time to have it up in the house? After Thanksgiving? Im also going to decorate the outside balcony patio with lights and wreaths. Im really excited!

They have a beautiful lighted tree pretty much ready to go at Costco! Two different sizes and a ridiculously low price for a beautiful looking tree (not real but looks awesome!). I looked at a few at Walmart, Target, etc...Costco's is the best! We will be decorating the house up for the holidays and my hubby is a Christmas baby so of course...tree, wreaths, lights and gifts!! :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.