Eagleeye

Accused of Marriage Fraud!

44 posts in this topic

Yah she filed for seperation not divorce. she wanted possible reconciliation..thats why I asked what you did to upset her? If you want free get divorce and proove your initial intent to marry and make it work. I wouldnt focus on her abuse andd being "crazy" men caneasily drive women over the edge.

Thinking realistically i see no difference between leagl separtiona and divorce.I made several attempts to make ammends,which were futile becuase she has the upper hand and felt she could dictate the whatever happens in the marraige.

Speaking about returning to my home country for emotional support-there is also embrassment which i would like to avoid if possible.When we met we had both just completed our undergraute degrees and were headed for graudte school.I held off because we planned to settle here in USA.(nb:she has completed her master degree and i am still groping around).Bottomline going back home would provide only emotioal support but what about the time wasted!!!

I do not know of any proof she might have to back up her claim for fraud,it certainly was not a fraudulent marraige.This is might first marraige but i do not think i did anything out of the odinary-My USC spouse is one big pessimist she would even accuse me of loving our cat more that her!!

Thanks Guys and pls keep them coming.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

well yah if you pet and talk to the cat and not the wife....

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

reversed my spousal tution discount (she works at a university) and overnight i got a bill for $10,000.00 :help:

all said and done i had to drop out of school as i was in badstanding

Does she realize that any debts that have been made while you 2 are married belong to both of you's. she's not only making problems for you. she's making them for herself too. also how strict is the affidavit of support ? can she actually kick you out and not have to worry about how you survive and where you stay ? doesn't sound like much support there !!

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Timeline

well yah its insecure and scary if cat gets more atteniton than wife..weirdo

DEC 2004 Approved

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

reversed my spousal tution discount (she works at a university) and overnight i got a bill for $10,000.00 :help:

all said and done i had to drop out of school as i was in badstanding

Does she realize that any debts that have been made while you 2 are married belong to both of you's. she's not only making problems for you. she's making them for herself too. also how strict is the affidavit of support ? can she actually kick you out and not have to worry about how you survive and where you stay ? doesn't sound like much support there !!

she has a very erratic personality,which can be explained from her family back ground.If i have to leave would she be responsible for the debts automatically?

Timeline

No dawg you are responsible for your own debts!!!

DEC 2004 Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
Hello to all memebers,

I had posted here some months back regarding my hysterical and vindictive US spouse.I am now at a ponit where i can only hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.we were married june 2007 and three months into marriage noticed signs of mental abuse.(We had a minor misundertsatnding and USC threatens not to file AOS). We some how got through this time and had a happy normal life until i got appraoval notice for CPR-1.

Things got worse when started i applying for jobs to any place she did not approve she litterally threw a fit,calling my family and telling them how "stubborn'' i was.Any misudestatnding we had she would remind me that she brought me here and can take me out.I am not trying to say that i had no flaws but i knew for sure that those threats were totally unwarrnted..... My show of affection and trust naturally dwindled, and you bet things got worse.

We seperated in march 2008 after i confronted her.Telling her that i could no longer put up with the baiting and stipulations or the fear of what harm she could do beacuse of the green card accuired throug marraige.(bear in mind she had conatantly kept very late nights for a whole month) with flimsy exuces.During this confronatation she tried hard to create violenec,threw several object at me ,pushed and yelled,but thanks to God I held my peace and eventually she asked me to leave her house (we had been married for 9 months then and my name was never added to lease).I had no place to go to and was barely a month at work,so i went to a mens shelter (one of the most degrading periods of my life).

A week from this inicdence we were able to come to talking terms.She apologised and begged me to come back home, i refused (probably bull headed of me)But at that time felt the worst,my stand was that she should attend anger mangement classes and we should move into another apartment where we both signed the lease(she refused) and in a week from this she closed our joint account,changed my cell phone voicemail which was i her possesion and reversed my spousal tution discount (she works at a university) and overnight i got a bill for $10,000.00 :help:

all said and done i had to drop out of school as i was in badstanding due to debts.

She refused to coperate at couselling and played the fraud card becuase i would not come home.The couselors were no longer willing to work with us.she and her family treated me like dirt and would not make any attempts to help the situation(their counsel was that they would support their daughter with whatever she decided).This got me thinking these people would be my childerns grandparents.......NOT!

For months later she USC filed for leagl seperation with a claim that she has hope for reconcliation and i counter filed for a divorce.We have no property on children so divorce should be staright foward.But now she accuses me of using her for a green card.I came here on a K1 VISA.I believe with little doubt that she has made up all kind of stories with and told immigration,she is in posseion of my childhood and college pictures and denies having them i have asked her to return them but i guess this is her ways of punishing me for fliling for a divorce.......i think she is seriously confused and mad at herself.

I know i can file for self petition once divorce is final and i would love to stay here in USA if possible but what effect would her false acusation of fraud have on my AOS later on?

Thanks for your suggestions

Wherever you may live, there is a Legal Aid Society which can advise you without fee on the best thing to do next.

Timeline
well yah its insecure and scary if cat gets more atteniton than wife..weirdo

who said the cat got more attention than the wife or he talked to the cat and not her ? were you there ? do you just make this stuff up in your head ? maybe he was just nice and pet the cat. sure beats being mean to animals. you call someone a weirdo and you don't have the slightest clue what happened coz you weren't there !! now thats weird

Timeline

don't listen to this garbage. get a lawer and figure it out. most likely you will share the responsibility. but if you have no way of paying then they will go after her to collect the debts.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
How can you force you wife to pay your tuition when you are already undergoing divorce? It was your decision to join/remain in university to further YOUR eduction. It wasn't a joint decision by both you.

Well, I believe the laws regarding matrimonial matters might be different from state to state. Going threw a divorce myself, I know that when it will be time to finalize the divorce, the judge will look of both debts and income of each party. The tuition in this case is a debt and if he obviously cannot pay the day to day expenses to survive, then, she would have to provide for him for a while but it is really up to the judge to decide who gets what (debts as well as assets).

He/she might decide for each of them to take responsability for their own debts (usually on short term marriages).

He has to get legal advice.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

If i have to leave would she be responsible for the debts automatically?

The bill collectors will go after her. If they manage to get something out from her or not ... I dont know. If you are thinking about threatening/scare her with that ... I am not sure it would work but you can give it a try. My husband is the same. He doesnt care. He had almost 50 thousand debt prior to marriage and 10 thousand more doesnt matter from his point of view at this point. He is contemplating the idea of going banckrupt and erase all the debts then start fresh.

You really have to take into consideration how that person think. If she is a reasonable person - you might work it out decently

....if not ... it is tough it all depends how stupid she is to not care that hurting you and your interests would cause her some losses too in the end.

I deal with an as**** like that myself. The only thing you can do is play smart. Get a good lawyer. The lawyer can make motions in court for maintenance until divorce is final and so on.... then she might realize that she cannot hurt you without getting some back (boomerang effect).

Spouses are responsible jointly for debts created while married normally. So his tuition is also her debt once he has actually started class.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

How can you force you wife to pay your tuition when you are already undergoing divorce? It was your decision to join/remain in university to further YOUR eduction. It wasn't a joint decision by both you.

he's not forcing her to pay anything, she's forcing herself. who the **** told her to reverse the tuition discount out of spite. if she wants to be a spiteful ######, she can pay the bill. if she would have let things be, the bill wouldn't exist.

sorry man if i offended you, but i hate vindictive woman.

TIMELINE(CR1)

10-15-03 -- Met Future Wife

12-10-07 -- Married

-USCIS-

01-10-08 -- Mailed I-130 to VSC

01-14-08 -- NOA1 Received

02-11-08 -- NOA1 Notice Date

02-15-08 -- Received Hard Copy

02-24-08 -- Touch(Updated Into System)

08-22-08 -- Touch(Transferred to CSC)

08-25-08 -- Touch

08-27-08 -- Touch(Received at CSC)

08-28-08 -- Touch

08-29-08 -- Touch

09-16-08 -- NOA2

NVC(Using Loto's Guide)

09-23-08 - NVC Received File and NVC case number assigned.

09-25-08 - DS-3032 / I-864 Bill generated

09-25-08 - E-Mail DS-3032

10-03-08 - Pay I-864 Bill (Online)

10-04-08 - I-864 generated

10-06-08 - Overnight I-864

10-06-08 - IV Bill generated

10-06-08 - Pay IV Bill(Online)

10-07-00 - DS-230 generated

10-07-08 - Overnight DS-230

00-00-08- Case Completed at NVC

Consulate

Almost There!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.