symbiosis

Postville, Iowa raid a disaster for community

16 posts in this topic

Five months later, tensions are high. Crime is up. Businesses are hurting. The nation's kosher supply has taken a big hit because the plant is only functioning at partial capacity. The plant is owned by Abraham Aaron Rubashkin, a powerful member of the Hasidic Jewish community.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/14/postville.raid/index.html

Rather than worry about some shitty town in Iowa, how about they come here to California and start doing some enforcement where the real immigrant issues are.

Probably because it would be much harder and cause more of an uproar than it does in Hicksville. ICE usually goes after the easy fish. There's too many in CA.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
Five months later, tensions are high. Crime is up. Businesses are hurting. The nation's kosher supply has taken a big hit because the plant is only functioning at partial capacity. The plant is owned by Abraham Aaron Rubashkin, a powerful member of the Hasidic Jewish community.

So I can assume you believe illegal workers should be allowed to use fraudulent documents and identity theft to obtain illegal work and that crooked employers should be able to hire them because such workers are cheap and can't complain much about working conditions due to the glaring fact that they are illegally working while being illegally present in the USA.

On what basis do you assume this position?

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

I think there should be more repercussions for employers who are knowingly hiring workers that are illegal. There should be a mandatory check of SS# to make sure names matched and there should be a quick simple way to do this. No matter anyway, the next President will give all illegals amnesty anyway.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I think there should be more repercussions for employers who are knowingly hiring workers that are illegal. There should be a mandatory check of SS# to make sure names matched and there should be a quick simple way to do this. No matter anyway, the next President will give all illegals amnesty anyway.

This sounds like the logical thing to do.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So I can assume you believe illegal workers should be allowed to use fraudulent documents and identity theft to obtain illegal work and that crooked employers should be able to hire them because such workers are cheap and can't complain much about working conditions due to the glaring fact that they are illegally working while being illegally present in the USA.

well in theory now that illegals are not there Americans should take those jobs the illegals were stealing..but the plant is at half capacity.. mhhh maybe there was something wrong with the theoretical scenario to begin with

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Timeline

There is. It's called E-Verify. It works so well that the US Chamber of Commerce, LaRaza, MALDEF, ACLU, SPLC, liberal Dims, etc. have repeatedly attempted to kill it or keep it "voluntary" only. I wonder why?

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

Timeline

There is. It's called E-Verify. It works so well that the US Chamber of Commerce, LaRaza, MALDEF, ACLU, SPLC, liberal Dims, etc. have repeatedly attempted to kill it or keep it "voluntary" only. I wonder why?

Because they all want to annoy you so that your blood pressure elevates.

Timeline

well in theory now that illegals are not there Americans should take those jobs the illegals were stealing..but the plant is at half capacity.. mhhh maybe there was something wrong with the theoretical scenario to begin with

Yes...it's called a living wage. Everywhere illegals go...the wages fall.

My real life scenario...when the employer gets tired of running his plant at 1/2 capacity he might have to offer employees more than 1/2 wages.

Comprende?

Timeline

My real life scenario...when the employer gets tired of running his plant at 1/2 capacity he might have to offer employees more than 1/2 wages.

Comprende?

Believe it or not, peejay has a point. Perhaps not the attitude he has against mexicans that don't 'copmprende' but upholding ethical business standards and the law needs to be in place and if not, enforced.

Timeline

Comprende?

The living wage falling has not much to do with illegals. It has to do with cutting out of middle class jobs and taking them overseas, while creating retail jobs to take their place. If the illegals were making wages fall, you might want to ask Norcal how illegals are making over $100,000/year driving garbage trucks around.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

so what are they supposed to pay for a worker in a food processing plant? 15 dollars an hour?? Illegals working in plants get paid the same as everyone else, they don't get paid less.. it's true.. those plants are unfair, not only with illegals, but everybody.. so are you gonna change the whole industry that has been running like that for decades (not just illegals, but the bad way employees are treated)?

I'm not promoting the establishment, but illegals really have little to do with shitty wages and bad treatment, if they can't do it with them, they'll find others who will..

Edited by pedroh

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Timeline

Comprende?

The living wage falling has not much to do with illegals. It has to do with cutting out of middle class jobs and taking them overseas, while creating retail jobs to take their place. If the illegals were making wages fall, you might want to ask Norcal how illegals are making over $100,000/year driving garbage trucks around.

You also have a point there.

And I 'comprende' eso también.