15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi !

we did not go through the k1 because of certain circumstances , our interview date is coming... does anyone have any advice for our interview? what to bring besides copies of everything we filed and relationship evidence? thanks

David and I met online December of 2006 and spent a year getting to know each other online and with visits! He proposed to me July 2007 onstage at my Favorite bands (candlebox) concert in Florida .We found out we were expecting a child January 31st sadly due to an ectopic pregnancy we lost the baby and almost lost me as well on February 8th. We then decided to get married if my long and drawn out divorce finalized before David was due to go back on April 13th

Divorced finalized March 20th

3/30/2008 MARRIED !!!!

4/11/2008 I 130 , I 485, 1765 and I131 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

4/21/2008 first NOA for everything

5/17/2008 RFE for Affidavit of support

5/20/2008 mailed in response to RFE

5/22/2008 Biometrics

6/10/2008 EAD Card production ordered!!!!

6/10/2008 I131 Approved YAY we can visit England again!! (nobody from there could make our short notice wedding)

10/28 Interview date

Hi !

we did not go through the k1 because of certain circumstances , our interview date is coming... does anyone have any advice for our interview? what to bring besides copies of everything we filed and relationship evidence? thanks

We are in a similar boat. We did not go through a K1 and married here in the US. Our interview is coming in November. We plan to take several photo albums which have pictures from our small wedding and then just tons of other pictures including holidays, birthdays, family photos of her with my family, me with hers.

Also taking bank statements and credit card statements, we are taking the credit card themselves since the numbers are the same on a couple of them just with our individual names on them. I also have letters from Family and Friends from both sides of the family and a couple sworn affidavits from my parents with whom we live with.

We are hoping that is enough cause that is what we have! :thumbs:

AOS

May 13 2008 (Day 1) - I-130/I485/I864/I765 Sent Via USPS for my new wife and step-daughter

May 23 2008 (Day 11) - Checks Cashed!

May 24 2008 (Day 12) - Received NOAs for I-130s/I-485s/I-765

May 27 2008 (Day 15) - Received Biometrics Appointment for June 12th @ 1PM at Tampa Office

June 12 2008 (Day 31) - Biometrics conducted in Tampa USCIS office also I-485 and I-765 TOUCHED!

June 18 2008 (Day 37) - I-130s and I-765 TOUCHED

June 24 2008 (Day 42) - That touch was actually an RFE letter being mailed. RFE for I-864 Evidence

July 16 2008 (Day 64) - Finally mailed back RFE letter with requested evidence

July 18 2008 (Day 66) - RFE Evidence delivered! Signed for by M. Miles

July 22 2008 (Day 70) - I-1485s TOUCHED and Received E-mail "Case Processing Resumed"

August 14 2008 (Day 93) - EAD Card Production Ordered!

August 15 2008 (Day 94) - I-765 TOUCHED

August 19 2008 (Day 98) - I-765 "EAD Approval Notice Mailed"

August 20 2008 (Day 99) - EAD CARD ARRIVED! - Applied for Social Security Number!

August 26 2008 (Day 105) - Received SSN - Took tests at DMV for License - Told license will arrive within 30 days by Mail

September 22 2008 (Day 132) - Received Driver License in mail - They sure took their time mailing that out!

October 11 2008 (Day 151) - Received Interview Letter for November 19th @ 7:00 AM

November 6 2008 (Day 177) - I-485s and I-130s TOUCHED

November 19 2008 (Day 190) - Had interview, APPROVED! Interview took less than 10 minutes

December 5 2008 (Day 206) - GREEN CARDS ARRIVE!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

We're also in the same situation, our interview is on Oct 23. We have photos (not tons though, neither of us likes being photographed so we don't have that many - a few of tiny courthouse wedding, with his family for 2 christmasses, him with my mother when she came to stay), proof of buying RV in both names, joint bank statements/check book, apartment lease in both names. We also have birthday cards to me from husband's family, and mother's day/birthday cards to me from his son, and valentines/christmas/bday cards to each other. Hopefully that will be enough for us too! Good luck to both of you :)

Removing conditions:

10/9/10 - Package sent to Vermont

10/13/10 - NOA1 date, received 10/18

From the time you got engaged in July 2007 and your marriage in March 2008, was your husband in the US the entire time?

Wow a LOT of upcoming interviews for 1-130 filers in the next 2 weeks. We have the same date Missing.him :lol:

Good luck everyone!

I'm taking all the stuff they asked for plus our apartment lease, joint back accounts, joint medical/dental insurance cards, receipt for furniture we bought when we moved, receipts for matching tattoos, bills (even though they don't have both our names on each they get sent to the same address), my life insurance with her as beneficiary (I'm the petitioner yet the USC doesn't have life insurance, isn't that weird :lol: ) and pictures (not full albums, maybe 30 altogether)

aside from life insurance and some pics I sent everything else in already so if they ask for more info I don't really have much else to give them but more of the same but oh well.

Removing Conditions

07/31/2010 - Filed for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/02/2010 - ROC Packet received

08/03/2010 - NOA notice date for I-751

08/05/2010 - Check cashed

08/07/2010 - NOA received for I-751

08/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

09/01/2010 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2010 - Case status appears online

11/08/2010 - Card production ordered

11/13/2010 - I-751 Approval Letter received

11/19/2010 - Green Card received in the mail

Citizenship

08/01/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)

08/03/2011 - N400 Packet received

08/05/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt

08/08/2011 - Check cashed

08/09/2011 - Biometrics notice sent

08/12/2011 - NOA received for N400

08/12/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received

08/29/2011 - Biometrics taken

08/31/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling

10/11/2011 - Received yellow letter

01/11/2012 - Interview letter sent

01/17/2012 - Interview letter received

02/16/2012 - Interview & received Oath letter

03/06/2012 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

From the time you got engaged in July 2007 and your marriage in March 2008, was your husband in the US the entire time?

\No he was not , he was here a few months 2 x and i was in England once. Funny story about the engagement .. i said yes because we were in front of thousands of people but then after we decided that it would not be right to be engaged until my divorce was final so he reproposed to me the night before our wedding .... it was pretty silly really

David and I met online December of 2006 and spent a year getting to know each other online and with visits! He proposed to me July 2007 onstage at my Favorite bands (candlebox) concert in Florida .We found out we were expecting a child January 31st sadly due to an ectopic pregnancy we lost the baby and almost lost me as well on February 8th. We then decided to get married if my long and drawn out divorce finalized before David was due to go back on April 13th

3/30/2008 MARRIED !!!!

5/22/2008 Biometrics

6/10/2008 I131 Approved YAY we can visit England again!! (nobody from there could make our short notice wedding)

10/28 Interview date

Timeline

I am glad there are some people with the same situation. We were planning on taking photos, a letter from his mom she left it here for us when she visited last week so it is not notarized or anything, joint bank statements, the credit cards that i added him to as authorized user, we have no bills in both our names as they are all in my name because i had all the accounts set up already but i have the receipts for the heating bill he paid etc , we are also taking a letter from my Doctor as evidence of our pregnancy losses which seems a bit morbid but it is the reason we decided to get married when we did... i hope it all goes smoothly ... Good luck everyone...

3/30/2008 MARRIED !!!!

5/22/2008 Biometrics

10/28 Interview date

\No he was not , he was here a few months 2 x and i was in England once. Funny story about the engagement .. i said yes because we were in front of thousands of people but then after we decided that it would not be right to be engaged until my divorce was final so he reproposed to me the night before our wedding .... it was pretty silly really

You may have a problem then. Here's why... After you got engaged in July 2007, he went back home. He then came back on VWP I assume with the INTENT to marry and file for residency which amounts to visa fraud. It's quite clear what the intent was, so you will most likely have to explain yourselves. Taking the easy way out isn't always easier.

Edited by kid brooklyn

You may have a problem then. Here's why... After you got engaged in July 2007, he went back home. He then came back on VWP I assume with the INTENT to marry and file for residency which amounts to visa fraud. It's quite clear what the intent was, so you will most likely have to explain yourselves. Taking the easy way out isn't always easier.

There is nothing to say that he had intent to marry and file for residency on his second trip back....as the OP stated she was surprised w/ a proposal at a live concert, but afterwards the couple decided to not be officially engaged until she was divorced. In effect then, the OPs (now) husband had no INTENT other than visit his love when he entered a second time. Jumping to conclusions isn't always easier either. :no:

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

There is nothing to say that he had intent to marry and file for residency on his second trip back....as the OP stated she was surprised w/ a proposal at a live concert, but afterwards the couple decided to not be officially engaged until she was divorced. In effect then, the OPs (now) husband had no INTENT other than visit his love when he entered a second time. Jumping to conclusions isn't always easier either. :no:

-P

Riiight.... they didn't plan on taking the k-1 route, or even the k-3 route. That tells me exactly what their intent was. And the fact that he left the country and then came back already engaged tells me that this was planned. They are trying to circumvent the visa rules, for whatever reason, and I hope they pay the price. The rest of us have to wait months and months and they get to do it the easy way...

-P

Riiight.... they didn't plan on taking the k-1 route, or even the k-3 route. That tells me exactly what their intent was. And the fact that he left the country and then came back already engaged tells me that this was planned. They are trying to circumvent the visa rules, for whatever reason, and I hope they pay the price. The rest of us have to wait months and months and they get to do it the easy way...

We cannot really judge their intent at the POE based upon the little information given on this post. Everybody has different situations and circumstances. I did AOS from VWP and I did not have intention of immigration when I entered the U.S. The question was never asked at the interview however I was very prepared and had enough proof with me. This forum should be informative not condoning. Let's just help the couple instead of jumping to conclusions. My two cents...

Timeline:

12-16-07 Arrival in the US from Good Ol' Blighty

02-13-08 Got married in Los Angeles

02-22-08 Civil Surgeon Appointment

Adjustment of Status

02-29-08 Sent I-130, AOS, EAD, AP (Via FedEx) to Chicago

03-03-08 Package arrived in Chicago

03-07-08 All Cheques cashed!!

03-10-08 NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 received

03-16-08 NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 touched

03-27-08 Biometrics Appointment at 2pm (Notice date: 03.11.08)

04-30-08 Received EAD "card production ordered" & AP Approval notices from CRIS (YESSSS!!!!!)

05-06-08 I-765 touched and AP received in the mail!

05-08-08 Received I-765 "approval notice sent" e-mail from CRIS

05-09-08 EAD received in the mail (YIIPPEEYY!!!)

08-22-08 Notice of Action for initial interview received (10-08-08)

10-08-08 AOS Interview in Los Angeles: APPROVED!!!!

10-09-08 I-485 touched! (Card Production Ordered)

10-15-08 NOAs for I-130 (approval notice) and I-485 (welcome letter) received

10-22-08 Green Card finally arrived!!!

Removing of Conditions

07-14-10 Sent I-751 (Via USPS next day delivery) to California Service Center

07-22-10 Received NOA 1

07-30-10 Received NOA 2 (Biometrics appointment on 08-11-10)

08-31-10 NOA for Removal of Conditions approved

09-02-10 Approval letter received

09-03-10 Green Card arrived!!!

ePcwm7.png

.png

Timeline

We did plan on doing k1 then circumstances changed with the pregnancy and loss that happened when my SO was here in January, in fact my divorce was not filed much less finalized BEFORE he came here in January therefore we could have no intent on marrying when he entered the country . I know its tough for all of us to be separated from our loved ones, we have friends that are going through this and we were completely prepared to go through it ourselves. Yet as i have stated things changed and I could not have survived physically and emotionally without my SO here with me to take care of me and my 3 year old daughter. This was our decision and i do not see why us or anyone else for that matter should "pay the price" for filing AOS from here. The easy way? Hmm yes almost dying from an ectopic pregnancy having emergency surgery, and losing two unborn children was definitely not the easy way thank you very much. If we had planned this to avoid the "waiting game" and committed fraud then yes i could understand the anger in people that are waiting for the K1 but for people that are legitimately filing AOS after deciding to get married in the US, i think there are other things to worry about like people that are not in true relationships etc... we are all in the same situation one way or another and should be here to support each other and not criticize one another... i wish everyone good luck on their journey

Edited by Missing.him

3/30/2008 MARRIED !!!!

5/22/2008 Biometrics

10/28 Interview date

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline
We did plan on doing k1 then circumstances changed with the pregnancy and loss that happened when my SO was here in January, in fact my divorce was not filed much less finalized BEFORE he came here in January therefore we could have no intent on marrying when he entered the country . I know its tough for all of us to be separated from our loved ones, we have friends that are going through this and we were completely prepared to go through it ourselves. Yet as i have stated things changed and I could not have survived physically and emotionally without my SO here with me to take care of me and my 3 year old daughter. This was our decision and i do not see why us or anyone else for that matter should "pay the price" for filing AOS from here. If we had planned this to avoid the "waiting game" and committed fraud then yes i could understand the anger in people that are waiting for the K1 but for people that are legitimately filing AOS after deciding to get married in the US, i think there are other things to worry about like people that are not in true relationships etc... we are all in the same situation one way or another and should be here to support each other and not criticize one another... i wish everyone good luck on their journey

a

I totally agree with you. USCIS is most concern about the relationship being genuine. Thats all that matters, do not be affected by narrow minded people. AOS for those who did not go through k1 or k3 is not ILLEGAL and PROHIBITED! So cheer up and good luck to you.

We did plan on doing k1 then circumstances changed with the pregnancy and loss that happened when my SO was here in January, in fact my divorce was not filed much less finalized BEFORE he came here in January therefore we could have no intent on marrying when he entered the country . I know its tough for all of us to be separated from our loved ones, we have friends that are going through this and we were completely prepared to go through it ourselves. Yet as i have stated things changed and I could not have survived physically and emotionally without my SO here with me to take care of me and my 3 year old daughter. This was our decision and i do not see why us or anyone else for that matter should "pay the price" for filing AOS from here. If we had planned this to avoid the "waiting game" and committed fraud then yes i could understand the anger in people that are waiting for the K1 but for people that are legitimately filing AOS after deciding to get married in the US, i think there are other things to worry about like people that are not in true relationships etc... we are all in the same situation one way or another and should be here to support each other and not criticize one another... i wish everyone good luck on their journey

a

I totally agree with you. USCIS is most concern about the relationship being genuine. Thats all that matters, do not be affected by narrow minded people. AOS for those who did not go through k1 or k3 is not ILLEGAL and PROHIBITED! So cheer up and good luck to you.

Thumbs up to that!

Timeline:

12-16-07 Arrival in the US from Good Ol' Blighty

02-13-08 Got married in Los Angeles

02-22-08 Civil Surgeon Appointment

Adjustment of Status

02-29-08 Sent I-130, AOS, EAD, AP (Via FedEx) to Chicago

03-03-08 Package arrived in Chicago

03-07-08 All Cheques cashed!!

03-10-08 NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 received

03-16-08 NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 touched

03-27-08 Biometrics Appointment at 2pm (Notice date: 03.11.08)

04-30-08 Received EAD "card production ordered" & AP Approval notices from CRIS (YESSSS!!!!!)

05-06-08 I-765 touched and AP received in the mail!

05-08-08 Received I-765 "approval notice sent" e-mail from CRIS

05-09-08 EAD received in the mail (YIIPPEEYY!!!)

08-22-08 Notice of Action for initial interview received (10-08-08)

10-08-08 AOS Interview in Los Angeles: APPROVED!!!!

10-09-08 I-485 touched! (Card Production Ordered)

10-15-08 NOAs for I-130 (approval notice) and I-485 (welcome letter) received

10-22-08 Green Card finally arrived!!!

Removing of Conditions

07-14-10 Sent I-751 (Via USPS next day delivery) to California Service Center

07-22-10 Received NOA 1

07-30-10 Received NOA 2 (Biometrics appointment on 08-11-10)

08-31-10 NOA for Removal of Conditions approved

09-02-10 Approval letter received

09-03-10 Green Card arrived!!!

ePcwm7.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Missing.him does not owe anyone here an explanation as to the circumstances that surrounded her hand her now husband's decision to marry. However, as her friend I can personally attest to the fact that when he arrived here for his last visit, it was meant to be just that, a visit. However, they had a traumatic event that occurred during his visit, which left them both distraught and needing to be with each other. I think given the events that transpired in their lives, the have "paid" a high enough price.

There is no need for harsh judgements, or accusations of what their true intent was. The original question was what evidence should she bring and advice for the interview. I am so tired of people people on VJ putting 1 and 1 together and making 47. You don't know what really happened, its not your business to judge, so if you don't have constructive advice, keep your mouth shut.

Good luck for the 28th! Don't the the Vjerks get you down.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.