beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

Things that you could be working on while your waiting is getting things ready for Packet 3.

I'm going over in Feb for two weeks so I am trying to get some things ready for the interview. I figured it was save money on sending it in the mail and it will also be good to show immigration at the airport. So hopefully they won't bother me about this visit.

CR-1 Timeline

2009-12-29: Mailed I-130 package to Chicago

2010-01-04: package arrived at USCIS

2010-01-12: NOA1 arrived Case sent to CSC

2010-03-22: NOA2 approval email and letter recieved

2010-03-24: called NVC got NVC#

2010-03-26: NVC message verified paperwork sent on the 25th

2010-03-29: Got email from NVC and paid AOS fee.

2010-04-01: AOS fee shows paid, and receive and paid IV Bill

2010-04-05: IV bill shows paid and NVC mailed packet

2010-04-26: Mailed I-864

2010-05-06: AVR stated recieved I-864

2010-05-14: NVC email stating need ds230

2010-05-27: AOS/DS-230 Mailed

2010-06-17: case complete!

2010-06-22: sign in failure!

2010-06-24: Interview date received Aug 9th 9am

2010-07-21: Medical Exam-PASSED!

2010-07-30: Case Mailed to London!

2010-08-09: Interview in London 9 am (APPROVED)

2010-08-12: Visa Received!

2010-09-11:POE Charlotte, NC

2010-09-27: Welcome Letter Received

2010-10-02: Green Card Arrived and Social Security card after apply for it on Monday!

I-751 Timeline

2012-07-09:Paperwork Mailed to California

2012-07-16:Received NOA letter, Receipt Date the 12th

2012-07-31:Received Biometric App for 8/24/12

2012-09-04:Rescheduled Biometrics App Complete

2013-03-21:Approved

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Things that you could be working on while your waiting is getting things ready for Packet 3.

I'm going over in Feb for two weeks so I am trying to get some things ready for the interview. I figured it was save money on sending it in the mail and it will also be good to show immigration at the airport. So hopefully they won't bother me about this visit.

That's what I'm doing when I go over in April, going to get all the affidavit stuff then so Tom doesn't have to sent it to me. I've already started collecting proof of an ongoing relationship and have started filling out the form I need to get my police certificate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

:clock::wacko: I've spent most of my time watching the Sept thread, but my NOA1 is OCT. Someone over there said that waiting for VSC is like watching the paint dry. Somehow I think watching paint dry might just be more fun.

One of these days they will get to my/our 129F, so maybe it is time to start on the forms/documents for the interview. I will be going to Brasil in 10 days.

SWO13

JUN07 - Went on vacation to Ipatinga, Brasil with my Brother and his wife Lena. Met Lena's sister Cristiane.

SEP07 - Wrote 1st letter

JAN08 - 2nd trip to Ipatinga

30JUL08 - 425 emails later proposal accepted

23SEP08 - I-129f sent

29SEP08 - I-129f received by VSC

01OCT08 - NOA1

03OCT08 - NOA1 mailed from VSC

03OCT08 - Check clears the bank. Join Visa Jouney (not lurker any more)

05OCT08 - Updated = "touched" by VSC

06OCT08 - NOA1 arrived in the mail

23JAN09 - 3rd trip to Ipatinga

11MAR09 - Updated = "touched" by VSC

11MAR09 - NOA2 - To NVC & Beyond!!!!

13MAR09 - Cris quit her job in Ipatinga. Hope NVC and the Consulate in Rio are quick workers.

16MAR09 - Hard copy of NOA2 arrived in the mail.

27MAR09 - Consulate in Rio sets interview date.

06APR09 - Copy of visa interview letter arrives in Houston. No sign of letter or packet 4 in Ipatinga

21MAY09 - Visa interview in Rio - Visa Approved

27MAY09 - Cris got her passport with the Visa back

06JUN09 - 4th trip to Ipatinga

20JUN09 - Returned to Houston. This time Cris was with me.

TBD - Wedding in San Antonio area.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone. I got back into the UK this morning after spending the festive period with my fiancee. I got off the plane and took a train straight to work... pure misery, especially as I was sad at leaving her behind for what I was expecting to be around 5 months. Then, so my amazement, sitting in my e-mail inbox was an update from USCIS that our petition has been approved on 13th January! We only filed on October 31st, so from putting it in the post to getting the approval was 74 days. I noticed that quite a few October filers have been pretty quick, so I hope that everyone else is as lucky as we have been!

:thumbs:

Timeline
Hello everyone. I got back into the UK this morning after spending the festive period with my fiancee. I got off the plane and took a train straight to work... pure misery, especially as I was sad at leaving her behind for what I was expecting to be around 5 months. Then, so my amazement, sitting in my e-mail inbox was an update from USCIS that our petition has been approved on 13th January! We only filed on October 31st, so from putting it in the post to getting the approval was 74 days. I noticed that quite a few October filers have been pretty quick, so I hope that everyone else is as lucky as we have been!

:thumbs:

Congrats! Here is a link to the October CSC filers thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...0&start=120 unfortunately VSC aren't being so generous at the moment.

We also got apporved..3 months and 1 day to be exact.. :dance::dance:

Sorry i posted it on the September thread..LOL...

Hello fellow October 08 filers for the K-1 petition!!

I got approved through the CSC on the 8/9th. They said they mailed my approval through the mail on the 8th and they said I was approved on the 9th. Nonetheless, its still a approval. I sent out the petition on October 17th.

In the end, our petition took 83 days for approval from the sent date and approx. 73 days from the NOA1. About 4/5 other people got approved also from the CSC for October. So hopefully more people start getting approved from October!

Good luck to all!!!

Just to let you know this is the Vermont thread. Here is the link to the California October filers http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=156086

Currently there have only been a couple of expedites for October filers at Vermont. Not even half of VSC August filers have been approved yet.

I understand that this is the Vermont Thread....I was just keeping all october filers in the loop....im just hoping that vermont filers will start getting approved like the california center is starting too. im wishing everyone the best of luck (but yes, i did know where i was posting)

K-1 Journey - Please see our timeline

Got IL Drivers License: 7-18-09

New Job Started: 7-20-09

I-485

Sent: 5-20-09

Arrived: 5-25-09 (date on NOA1)

Cashed check: 6-2-09

NOA Date: 6-1-09

Touch: 6-3-09

Touch 6-5-09

Bio Apt Letter Received: 6-8-09 (letter dated 6-4-09)

Biometrics Apt: 6-19-09 @ 8:00AM DONE

Transfer Date: 6-19-09 to California Service Center

Touch: 6-22-09

Touch: 6-25-09

Touch: 8-17-09

Approval Date: 10-8-09 Card production & 10-14-09

Green Card Received: 10-17-09

EAD

Touch: 6-5-09

Bio Apt Letter Received: 6-8-09 (letter dated 6-4-09)

Biometrics Apt: 6-19-09 @ 8:00AM DONE

Touch: 6-22-09 (received and pending)

Card Production Ordered: 7-7-09

Touch: 7-8-09

Received Card in Mail: 7-10-09

AP

Touch: 6-5-09

Approval Date: 6-30-09

Uscis says we were approved 6-30-09 but nothing was updated until 7-2-09 and i didnt receive any email until 7-2-09 from CRIS

Received in Mail : 7-6-09

File I-751: 7/2011

Timeline
We also got apporved..3 months and 1 day to be exact.. :dance::dance:

Sorry i posted it on the September thread..LOL...

Hello fellow October 08 filers for the K-1 petition!!

I got approved through the CSC on the 8/9th. They said they mailed my approval through the mail on the 8th and they said I was approved on the 9th. Nonetheless, its still a approval. I sent out the petition on October 17th.

In the end, our petition took 83 days for approval from the sent date and approx. 73 days from the NOA1. About 4/5 other people got approved also from the CSC for October. So hopefully more people start getting approved from October!

Good luck to all!!!

Just to let you know this is the Vermont thread. Here is the link to the California October filers http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=156086

Currently there have only been a couple of expedites for October filers at Vermont. Not even half of VSC August filers have been approved yet.

I understand that this is the Vermont Thread....I was just keeping all october filers in the loop....im just hoping that vermont filers will start getting approved like the california center is starting too. im wishing everyone the best of luck (but yes, i did know where i was posting)

Sorry if I seemed curt, but the way VSC are approving August filers at the moment I think it'll be a while before we see any action here.

Filed: Timeline

Just popping over from the CSC thread [No, I don't have my approval yet. :P] to say that I'm thinking about all of you - Hang in there. I know VSC will pick up their pace and leave CSC in the dust once again quite soon. :P Until then, just keep up as much patience as you can - It will happen for you guys. <3<3

The only doom that's looming is you loving me to death,

So I'll give you a sec to catch your breath.

First off, congrats - sincerely! :dance:

But....it's kind of bittersweet for us Oct VSC filers seeing all the Oct CSC filers getting approved too. We'd love nothing more than to be getting our NOA2s as well. It's just disappointing to see people announce in this thread that they were approved, only to find out its not from VSC where we are all focused. Most of us follow both threads - but would also still keep an prefer to keep the progress of each center separated. Otherwise it could be passed for gloating which I am sure was never your intention.

But really, Congrats again!

K-1 - I-129F

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

But....it's kind of bittersweet for us Oct VSC filers seeing all the Oct CSC filers getting approved too. We'd love nothing more than to be getting our NOA2s as well. It's just disappointing to see people announce in this thread that they were approved, only to find out its not from VSC where we are all focused. Most of us follow both threads - but would also still keep an prefer to keep the progress of each center separated. Otherwise it could be passed for gloating which I am sure was never your intention.

Very nicely put :thumbs:

Congrats to everyone that rec'd their approval. Ours will soon come!

Edited by Unruly Gal

Timeline

Much better put than me lol. I thought people were accidentaly posting in this thread.

I wonder if VSC will start to transfer files to CSC?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Much better put than me lol. I thought people were accidentaly posting in this thread.

I wonder if VSC will start to transfer files to CSC?

If it means we will all be approved faster, I'm all for it!

I get so anxious seeing all these CSC people getting approved...WHEN WILL IT BE OUR TURN????? Patience my friends....patience.....:)

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

If it means we will all be approved faster, I'm all for it!

I'll second that!

K-1 - I-129F

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.