beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Well the first one we got told by an officer to send in a new one because they did not have us in the system.

2nd one.. over 1 month and still no check cashed, nothing at uscis.

3rd one.. Who knows, lets hope for the best, atleast now we are experienced, but our patience is soon running out.

But we just hope for the best, and I have a feeling that it will succed this time :D

Guess we have been very unlucky.

Thanks all :)

Hi Shanira,

I replied to your comment made in the September filers...Im the same as you...we filed towards end of July, then again in early October so we're going to resend again next week! I have to take my passport photos, have everything signed here in australia then express courier it today so it can get to NY in time! :no: so annoying...but likewise, i feel that this time it will work! We already advised our lawyers that we were extremely unhappy with their service so we've done it ourselves ...

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We're thinking of traveling to the Caribbean, where my parents live, to get married on their island. I've already given close friends/family some notice, so that if everything goes through, they may join us. Originally I was hoping to get away with eloping, however it seems like a proper wedding is in the works.

Have any other October filers begun wedding plans?

Timeline

I was just looking on USCIS's site where you can enter your petition number and find out whether it was received or not. .

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do

I changed the last 3 digits of my number to 001 and up to 693 and as it turns out that is how many people filed on the same date as me. They were not all K-1's, but it certainly gives me a very good sense of how many petitions are streaming in; 693 that day.

If they averaged 700 a day, 5 days a week for 1 year, that would equal 182,000 cases arriving just at the VSC. Wow! No wonder it takes months to get to processing each of our cases. I want to thank each and every staff member at USCIS, because that is a lot of work and I greatly appreciate their dedication to it.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
We're thinking of traveling to the Caribbean, where my parents live, to get married on their island. I've already given close friends/family some notice, so that if everything goes through, they may join us. Originally I was hoping to get away with eloping, however it seems like a proper wedding is in the works.

If you are filing for the K1 you have to get married in the US. You could have a non legal wedding or blessing in the Caribbean though.

We are getting married on Maxwell AFB but arn't going to book anything until I know my interview date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We will do the legal wedding, hopefully the same week I get there or following week, so we can start with AOS as soon as possible, but we are planning the 'real' wedding for August 2010. That's how long it's gonna take for us to save up some money! LOL Please Lord let me find a great job soon after I reach Albany!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
US Virgin Islands :thumbs:

Ah I see, that's good then!

I can't wait to start planning properly. Most of the stuff is sorted. I've decided on a colour scheme of cream andn chocolate brown. My mum is making my dress, I've seen the flowers I want, they are silk so will last longer and we are having the reception at the house in the form of a BBQ. We just can't book the chapel until I know when I'm going over.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all Pinay K1 filers add me up please so we can share some info's regarding the status of our visa. And to those who are outside metro manila maybe we can meet someday during our interview.

Goodluck to us and God Speed =)

I mean October 2008 Pinay K1 filers =)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello Mzmo1102

Sorry I didnt check that thread yet, when i'm too sad about this progress i hate to go in here :P

But as for now we sended it in 2 days ago, I have the tracking number and everything will be fine, it shows that it should arriave at vermont on 4th November, but I still count myself as October filer after this long and hard journey already so far xD

But i'm very sorry to hear that the same thing happend to you, did you also use vermont? Remember to send it via fedex or something and get the tracking number, we didnt do it before and its such a relief to know where our papers is at in the world.

We never used any layers, but did it all ourselfs, but I hope that it will work out this time for both of us, keep me updated!

Best of luck :)

7/31/2008 - Sended I-129F to VSC (lost in mail).

9/24/2008 - Resended I-129F to VSC (*sigh* lost again).

10/30/2008 - Resended again I-129F to VSC.

11/11/2008 - NOA1

03/09/2009 - RFE received

03/11/2009 - Returned RFE

05/23/2009 - Recieved 2nd RFE

08/05/2009 - Denied. Besides that he turns out to be a total jerk. Case ended.

Timeline

This is a bit off topic, but thought I'd share the story.

In the days leading up to the arrival of my fiancee's paperwork from Thailand, I methodically gathered all remaining paperwork for the petition and reviewed all forms three, four, fives times to ensure accuracy and free from errors. The day her package arrived, I went to the post office to pick it up. While there, I noticed I could get passport photos for the G-325a, which was one of my remaining tasks. I went in the back and had the first photo taken. I explained to the lady that I was not getting this for a passport, rather to bring my fiancee to America. She found my tale to be romantic and we discussed it briefly while waiting for the photo. When it came out, I noticed the light reflecting off my glasses, and asked "Would that be acceptable? I remember reading in the guidelines that the photo could be rejected." She said, "Let me go ask the expert." She came back a few moments later with another lady, who said "To be sure, you should take it over." The first lady commented, "We gotta get this right, so his fiancee can come over as soon as possible!" They did another one, which came out better. They gave me both at no additional cost, wished me luck and bid farewell.

The next day when I took the I-129f petition to a different post office, I also mentioned what it was for, and the lady there also expressed a sincere interest in our story and wished us all the best. She made a cute comment like, "Make sure this gets there safely Robert. This is for his fiancee."

These two experiences overwhelmed me with gratitude for all those around me. Yes, mistakes are made. Yes, some people do go out of their way to do harm. Regardless, there are still a lot of decent folks out there who are quite supportive of others (especially when they see one's own good nature). I consider many on this board to be among those who support. The wisdom and advice has not only helped us, but countless others before and after us. I really do appreciate all that you do (you know who you are!) to collectively assist all of us through this process.

Thank you all

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

To those who had their petition lost...how did you find out?

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

We sent our K-1 packet on October 16th, my birthday! I was hoping it would bring us luck. So far so good recieved first NOA! :dance:

CR-1 Timeline

2009-12-29: Mailed I-130 package to Chicago

2010-01-04: package arrived at USCIS

2010-01-12: NOA1 arrived Case sent to CSC

2010-03-22: NOA2 approval email and letter recieved

2010-03-24: called NVC got NVC#

2010-03-26: NVC message verified paperwork sent on the 25th

2010-03-29: Got email from NVC and paid AOS fee.

2010-04-01: AOS fee shows paid, and receive and paid IV Bill

2010-04-05: IV bill shows paid and NVC mailed packet

2010-04-26: Mailed I-864

2010-05-06: AVR stated recieved I-864

2010-05-14: NVC email stating need ds230

2010-05-27: AOS/DS-230 Mailed

2010-06-17: case complete!

2010-06-22: sign in failure!

2010-06-24: Interview date received Aug 9th 9am

2010-07-21: Medical Exam-PASSED!

2010-07-30: Case Mailed to London!

2010-08-09: Interview in London 9 am (APPROVED)

2010-08-12: Visa Received!

2010-09-11:POE Charlotte, NC

2010-09-27: Welcome Letter Received

2010-10-02: Green Card Arrived and Social Security card after apply for it on Monday!

I-751 Timeline

2012-07-09:Paperwork Mailed to California

2012-07-16:Received NOA letter, Receipt Date the 12th

2012-07-31:Received Biometric App for 8/24/12

2012-09-04:Rescheduled Biometrics App Complete

2013-03-21:Approved

To those who had their petition lost...how did you find out?

How did you send it? If you sent it with a delivery confirmation with USPS or have a tracking number with FedEx, UPS or other. you should start there and have them open an investigation (that's what I had to do with UPS). It will take a few days to complete but you'll know either way.

K-1 - I-129F

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

im so excited for my wedding but it will still be october 2010 in the philippines. as soon as i get to usa we are having a civil wedding and i was thinking of doing it on april 16 because it will be our 2nd yr anniversary i just hope that i will have my visa on hand by then...need to do a lot of prayers for that heheheh

K1 Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.