Martiniolive

casablanca 2nd interview very bad!

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

we'll my husband "mr calm" is in tears and so humiliated and upset. I have never ever seen him this way. We were certain that when they told him to return with his passport and 2 pictures it meant he was getting his visa. But it turned into a terrible interrogation. He did give her my bank statements and she said she would look at them. But she asked him many questions about his religion she asked him if I knew he was muslim (duh!) she asked if I knew he prayed on fridays, she asked why he chose an american wife and why we met online. She asked him about the emails (not the ones I sent with my package but only the ones he handed her) she said she thinks he fabricated them all. No matter what he said to her to the contrairy, She told him she did not believe him and she was sending our package back to nvc and telling them she belived he is using me for a visa! I guess I will contact my congressman or senator..or both, but I don't think I have read anyone having an interview like this. She was nice at his first interview and only had questions reguarding my income. I have my own feelings clearly but was so shocked to see him this way (tears etc) that I just consoled him and stuffed my own. He wanted to go to sleep and said he was exhausted and we would talk tomorrow....He said why does she hate muslims? what is wrong with me having my religion? we are all free to have our own religion...does she think I am bin laudin or I am a bad arab? that is when he really began to cry and had to leave the room. I feel so bad for him...she made him feel like a really bad person and I think he missunderstands why they treat applicants like that.....He seems clueless about the whole "visa fraud" thing......he does not seem to know about guys using women for visa's etc.......I feel so bad...can any of you advise us?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hugs to you girl! I can't even imagine why someone would feel that way in Morocco. I pray you find a way to work this out and be with your hubby soon! (F)

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I've never heard of them asking for the passport and 2 photos and then have another interview on the spot let alone an interrogation. I'm shocked but unfortunately with Casa, anything goes. I would get ahold of other members here who have had their petitions returned; Chiquita is one who is quite knowledgeable as well as several others. But I do know that you should start taking steps quickly, like tomorrow with hopes of stopping it from being returned to the US. Look at the 'pinned' topic above about Returning Petitions.

I wish I could help you more. I hope this will get resolved quickly. There are others who have done it successfully. (F)(F)

"True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at this moment. This inner alignment with Now is the end of suffering. Is suffering really necessary? Yes and no. If you had not suffered as you have, there would be no depth to you as a human being, no humility, no compassion. You would not be reading this now. Suffering cracks open the shell of ego, and then comes a point when it has served its purpose. Suffering is necessary until you realize it is unnecessary." Eckhart Tolle

usmorocco-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes, you need to read the pinned thread at the top of this forum. from what I understand its imperative that you act quickly to try to reverse the decision before the petition gets returned.

So sorry this happened, good luck...

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree....tomorrow, start on working on keeping that petition from being sent back. I would read that pinned thread. Call Casa or email them.

I can't believe this! I'm so sorry!! :(

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Get your congressman or senators to call them before they send back the file!!! I am so sorry!!!

(F) Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

First off, did he receive the 221g. Did you see it? It is important to ensure that he did not misunderstand the CO. Can you get a copy of it ASAP?

I had our petition sent back, so I understand. First thing is to find out for sure. Second is to contact the congressman or senator. It is wise to look at their websites to see where they stand on immigration. They have a waiver that you will need to sign and send into them. This gives them permission to talk to the consulate concerning your case. Some representatives are aggressive, some aren't.It wouldn't hurt to contact many to find the one that is more aggressive.

Next it is important to go over all of the questions asked. I am betting that it was something from the first interview since they were kind at first, but not the second one. I am guessing this because it could have given them an opportunity to do some research. But by all means go over the second interview as well. They know darn well that many men that are muslim marry american girls, so that is bogus. There is some other red flag, but they don't volunteer it.

I haven't seen chiquita on for a long time. Her and Kiyah are very knowledgeable on this. And like I stated, I have been through it too. The pinned thread goes over a lot, but it might seem overwhelming at first, so just concentrate on what I have already told you.

The reason for doing this quickly is that we have had a very few people that were able to stop the consulate from sending the petition back. That would be the ultimate, but I won't fool you, it isn't likely.

Keep in touch. If you have any questions I will try to help you.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

One other note. You did the CR1 correct? The K-1's they don't take seriously, and most of the time it will expire and you have to start the process again. I am not saying it is faster because it isn't. But at least it won't expire so you have to pay all of the fees again, unless the USCIS concurs with their findings.

Take heart, it isn't the end of the world. You can fight this. I did, as well as several others. We won, and he is here with me now, and has been for almost 2 years. But it wasn't easy and it wasn't fast. It took us an additional 15 months beyond his first interview before he got the visa. But for me it was 100% worth it.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

I need to find out who my congressman is to contact and senator. I emailed casa already. The problem seemed to be (perhaps) the (mine to him) emails. the lady said she thinks he made them up (not sure why). I did not see the paper from today (if she gave him one) he was so so upset and crying and just wanted to go to sleep. But she did say she was returning our petition to nvc with a note saying he was using me for a visa! He feels like a criminal and was so insulted and hurt. He kept saying to me...she treated me like an animal! like a criminal! He is so so so sweet in disposition and I have never seen him angry or upset EVER....she must have been very very cruel to him!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I dont have any advise only support and prayers for you guys.

((hugs)))

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

yes we are a cr1 I will fax the "privacy release form" & "immigration assistance request form" to senator feinstein tonight

I sent an email to senator woolsey and a voice mail also. My father is even upset at the ladies comments to my husband. My father thinks my husband should be able to do something from morocco on his own behalf but I don't think they can do anything in theyre country

i replied to u in the CR1 forum! Get on it asap!!! :unsure:

you said to contact my conressional senantor right???????>

Timeline

Another thought. If they tell you that it has already been sent back don't believe them. They told me that, and they didn't actually send it back for 3 more months. Once they have sent it back they have what is called a diplomatic pouch number. You can track it with that. But I have never heard that they sent it back quickly, so fight it there first.

Have your husband scan and email you the 221g. They are pretty much required to have given him one.

There isn't much that your husband can do from there. He is not a US citizen. But what he can do is to gather up letter of support for your relationship from his family and friends. Have it translated, scanned, and emailed to you. On your part you can have family and friends do the same. Scan them all and send them to the senator/congressman once you have a commitment to help you. Ask him if he can provide these to the consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i answered in the other one to but i can get chi and kiyah but it maybe tomorrow i will let them know to look u up. Kiyah isnt on much and busy getting a house but i will try

ok message sent to chi hopefully she will read soon

Edited by brnidokiegurl

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Martini..... i am soooo sorry and know that is not helping right now. You've gotten excellant advice run with it.. over flow the senator's office from his family and yours and friends about your relationship. You have to prove he loves you which sucks cause i am not sure anyone ever should have to do that.

My husband would be devistated too... insha'allah all this will be taken care of soon.

and yeah as stated before there is NOTHING wrong with a Muslim man marrying any women from any religion...... uuuugghhh let me AT HER!@!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.