Martiniolive

casablanca 2nd interview very bad!

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Boxer is one as well (415)434-1802 Fax, but both senators take about 3 weeks to do an inquiry, you need to call your congressman and ask them to call for you...They will do that, but not before you give them your written Authorization. Written will be too late, you want to get action on it now before it gets send back to NVC....Also if one office is dealing with it another won't touch it...

I wish you luck!!!

Nita (F)

thanks m4evr. I will do that and ask him for the same. I tried to fax a senator but the fax is busy :( is there a certain senator for calif. 6th district that is best for these things?

Another thought. If they tell you that it has already been sent back don't believe them. They told me that, and they didn't actually send it back for 3 more months. Once they have sent it back they have what is called a diplomatic pouch number. You can track it with that. But I have never heard that they sent it back quickly, so fight it there first.

Have your husband scan and email you the 221g. They are pretty much required to have given him one.

There isn't much that your husband can do from there. He is not a US citizen. But what he can do is to gather up letter of support for your relationship from his family and friends. Have it translated, scanned, and emailed to you. On your part you can have family and friends do the same. Scan them all and send them to the senator/congressman once you have a commitment to help you. Ask him if he can provide these to the consulate.

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

senator woolseys office called me today and said to send them a copy of the 221 from the consolate. They also said they can do nothing to stop the petition from going back to nvc.That it is up to the consolate to decide who gets a visa. She said if it goes back to nvc we will have to petition all over again! I can't wait another year!!!!! If it comes to that I will sell my business here (any one interested???) and move to morocco and keep fighting

my family will have to visit me there or pay my airfare back sometimes. I will ba at least with my love. He has a good job there. But ultimately we choose life here because we can travel and have a better income....What can we do? I hope my bad luck will reverse itself but in case it does not. I wish no one else will go thru this. It makes even me lose hope in out US system....after all if a benificiary is using a petitioner for a visa...just as if it were to happen here with $$ or something...isn't that my own problem? I signed the afidavit of support!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
It makes even me lose hope in out US system....after all if a benificiary is using a petitioner for a visa...just as if it were to happen here with $$ or something...isn't that my own problem? I signed the afidavit of support!

Thinking you're being used for a visa and being stuck with their bills isn't the only reason they would deny someone a visa. :wacko:

I hope your situation gets worked out!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

I am now trying barbara boxer and will fax her today. As for the congress it said on theyre web site that you must use a senator but I will try.

Casa said they only take these calls certain days and hours so to call back . no response to my email of course but????

Timeline

Did you try to call DOS to see if they know anything? worth a try no?!?!?! (202)663-1225 then 1 then 0

good Luck

Nita (F)

I am now trying barbara boxer and will fax her today. As for the congress it said on theyre web site that you must use a senator but I will try.

Casa said they only take these calls certain days and hours so to call back . no response to my email of course but????

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Did you try to call DOS to see if they know anything? worth a try no?!?!?! (202)663-1225 then 1 then 0

good Luck

Nita (F)

Thank you I just tried but today they are closed. Will call 2morrow along with casablanca

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
senator woolseys office called me today and said to send them a copy of the 221 from the consolate. They also said they can do nothing to stop the petition from going back to nvc.That it is up to the consolate to decide who gets a visa. She said if it goes back to nvc we will have to petition all over again! I can't wait another year!!!!! If it comes to that I will sell my business here (any one interested???) and move to morocco and keep fighting

my family will have to visit me there or pay my airfare back sometimes. I will ba at least with my love. He has a good job there. But ultimately we choose life here because we can travel and have a better income....What can we do? I hope my bad luck will reverse itself but in case it does not. I wish no one else will go thru this. It makes even me lose hope in out US system....after all if a benificiary is using a petitioner for a visa...just as if it were to happen here with $$ or something...isn't that my own problem? I signed the afidavit of support!

I really am unsure that this person understands the situation. This is a CR1, and does not expire. Let me give you a quick rundown of what happens if it does indeed get sent back.

First it goes by diplomatic pouch to washington DC

Next they forward it to the NVC

Next they forward it to the service center that approved the I-130

The USCIS will send you another I-194(?) I can't remember which form, but it is the same one you got when they received your I-130 petition. It will have a priority date on it, but that date is pretty useless. You can't track the progress.

When they do get around to reviewing at the USCIS they will do one of 2 things. Either disagree and send it back to the consulate. Or they will send you a Notice of Intent to Revoke (NOIR)

With this they give you a chance to view their reasons for the denial (sometimes they don't give you the real reason), and they give you 30 days (depending on the service center) to submit your rebuttal.

They review your rebuttal and either deny (worst case scenario) or reaffirm the petition.

If they deny it then you can either appeal it, or refile. But you need to have more evidence than what you submitted for your rebuttal.

If they reaffirm it they send it back to the consulate.

I have not personally heard of them deny a rebuttal. Not to say they haven't, I just don't know of any.

Almost every case I have heard of was approved on the second interview, with the exception of 1.

Although they can not stop a petition from being returned, they can encourage them to give you an opportunity to provide more proof. It kind of sounds like the liason you spoke to either isn't knowledgeable, or is not interested in helping you. Don't give up on them, but keep searching.

Did you get a copy of the 221g yet?

Edited by morocco4ever

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

M4E I asked my husband for it this morning but he is on morocco time!!!! (no real urgency) and also there was a death of a nrighbor of his yesterday so they are dealing with that but he said he will get it to me tonight. I can fax it to a representative at kinko's they are open all night. But now I am a bit confused of who to get involved in this. Woolsey's office rep you say sounded like she did not understand? I told her we are married! That idiot LOL. Sorry :whistle: Barbara boxer's rep also said to fax it to her. Shall I try both?

I really am unsure that this person understands the situation. This is a CR1, and does not expire. Let me give you a quick rundown of what happens if it does indeed get sent back.

First it goes by diplomatic pouch to washington DC

Next they forward it to the NVC

Next they forward it to the service center that approved the I-130

The USCIS will send you another I-194(?) I can't remember which form, but it is the same one you got when they received your I-130 petition. It will have a priority date on it, but that date is pretty useless. You can't track the progress.

When they do get around to reviewing at the USCIS they will do one of 2 things. Either disagree and send it back to the consulate. Or they will send you a Notice of Intent to Revoke (NOIR)

With this they give you a chance to view their reasons for the denial (sometimes they don't give you the real reason), and they give you 30 days (depending on the service center) to submit your rebuttal.

They review your rebuttal and either deny (worst case scenario) or reaffirm the petition.

If they deny it then you can either appeal it, or refile. But you need to have more evidence than what you submitted for your rebuttal.

If they reaffirm it they send it back to the consulate.

I have not personally heard of them deny a rebuttal. Not to say they haven't, I just don't know of any.

Almost every case I have heard of was approved on the second interview, with the exception of 1.

Although they can not stop a petition from being returned, they can encourage them to give you an opportunity to provide more proof. It kind of sounds like the liason you spoke to either isn't knowledgeable, or is not interested in helping you. Don't give up on them, but keep searching.

Did you get a copy of the 221g yet?

Timeline

I would do it!!! I faxed it to Boxer, and I also going to get my congressman involved to see who gets a good response :whistle:

Just Fax them both!!

Good Luck

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I hope it all works out, I hate stuff like this, makes you go crazy, you have a lawyer? Sending positive energy your way.

hug.gif

10631-001-03-1078b.gif

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

send to both if both act interested, one may follow thru one may not, do the letters from friends and family also to try to get it held there

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would do both. I had both the senators and the congressmans office on it. It kind of pissed off the consulate, but I wanted action.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.