Hi Im GOIY

How long is this supposed to take...

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm 19, female and living in Florida. My fiance is 21 and lives in the Philippines. I filed our I-129F petition in June and while we have gotten our first NOA, that's all we've gotten... When I look at the timelines on this site our "likely adjucation date" keeps being pushed back... What does "touched" mean and how do you know if this has happened..? I can't really understand why our petition is taking so long to even be approved because I'm confident that I did everything correctly and sent way more evidence of a relationship than is necessary... Maybe our situation with the age and unusual circumstances are making it all take longer? Maybe I just have horrible luck and our petition was handed off to the slacker of the immigration office....... Is there anything I can do to possibly jump start this process? I understand that applying for a visa involves a lot of waiting but it's been so long since I've heard anything at all from anyone that I'm beginning to worry :unsure:

Another thing that has me concerned is when my fiance will actually receive his visa... Some people seem to receive it at their interview and others have to wait 6 weeks... He's a very intelligent guy but I really wanted to fly back with him as I'm planning on being at the interview. I obviously can't wait around for 6 weeks and I definitely can't afford to go for a week, buy him a ticket that won't be used, and then go back a month and a half later with two more tickets -_- I'm a college student... I make enough to meet the income requirement but it's not like I have any kind of a nest egg laying around and waiting to be made use of...

This whole process is beginning to depress both of us... Him because he has 1000 questions I can't answer and me because I'm apparently so helpless to do anything to make this situation any better... If anyone can answer any of my questions or even wants to offer up personal testimony, I'd love to hear it :thumbs:

Thanks.

10736.gif

I'm sorry it's taking so long for an approval. You've been waiting 4 months....it usually takes towards 6 or so for an approval then things move onto the interview stage.

Some people got lucky (myself included). We were approved at 3 month exactly but the whole thing took 7 months from filing to visa in hand. Every case is different.

Just try and hold onto hope. Talk with your fiance daily. Discuss your future, travel plans, how you'll decorate your home together, what you'll do, etc. and visit as much as you can. This whole process is so uncertain. There is no set timeline. Sometimes it just takes longer. There are people on this website that have been waiting for OVER A YEAR just for an approval!!! Isn't that insane? Hopefully your case won't be the same but it just goes to show how different every case is.

Whether he will get his visa right at the interview really depends on his consulate. Our consulate in Montreal mailed out my visa. I got it about a week after the interview. Some take a shorter amount of time, others longer.

Just keep faith that they are getting to your petition. Work together each day to make your relationship strong and know that in the grand scheme of things...these few months that we have to wait are NOTHING compared to the rest of our lives with the people we love.

I would do this a million times over just to be with my Nick if I had to.

Best of luck to you.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 2, 2008 and November 20, 2008*.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

You are not the only one. There are many June filer out there that has not yet receive their NOA2 such as myself. Each case is different. I am still patiently waiting for my to be approve too. I recommend you to join June filer forum.

03/12/08 Engagement Ceremony

06/16/08 I-129F send

06/23/08 NOA1 Hard copy received

06/23/08 Touched

07/09/08 Touched

07/10/08 Touched

11/05/08 NOA2 Notice date

11/10/08 NOA2 Hard copy received

11/12/08 NVC sent my petition to embassy

12/20/08 Packet 3 received by petitioner

02/10/09 Packet 3 sent

03/05/09 Medical Exam

04/01/09 Interview Date-Passed!

04/24/09 Visa pick up!

7/24/09 Arrive in U.S

8/12/09 Applied for Social Security Card

8/25/09 Civil Marriage

9/01/09 Apply for Green Card

11/09/09 Green card received

10122.gif

your a june filer and still waiting.well join the line!!!!we filed april 30,2008 and been touched 4 times in sept/oct and still no noa2.you think your depressed.YOU DONT KNOW WHAT DEPRESSED IS YET.im sitting here watching everyone just fly by us with noa2 and we get nothing.i know our time will come but its so so depressing!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You should read posts under Philippines, it will help you a lot.

Document Verification (DV) is very crucial for visa issuance here in the Philippines. It takes 3wks and up (6 weeks max or more) before the result is sent to USEmbassy from National Statictics Office(NSO). It is very advisable to have the interview set 5 weeks after his DV is received by the NSO this will give ample time for it to be processed. In doing so when you guys go for interview and you are approved, and luckily his DV are already at the embassy, he can receive his visa as early as 2 days after. You can fly back with him. In short make sure to pay for the DV more than a month before his interview for higher chance of success with early visa arrival.

In Philippines forum read the visa guide posted by Sheriff Uling, all links you need are under his signature. If you have inquiries after your reading just make a post there.

Good luck!

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Waiting long is very frustrating to everybody but we need to and be patient. Usually, it will take 4 months or some even got it for 5-6 months to have the NOA2 (Notice of Approval). Try to check this link you will be guided through this flow chart. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

I'm 19, female and living in Florida. My fiance is 21 and lives in the Philippines. I filed our I-129F petition in June and while we have gotten our first NOA, that's all we've gotten... When I look at the timelines on this site our "likely adjucation date" keeps being pushed back... What does "touched" mean and how do you know if this has happened..? I can't really understand why our petition is taking so long to even be approved because I'm confident that I did everything correctly and sent way more evidence of a relationship than is necessary... Maybe our situation with the age and unusual circumstances are making it all take longer? Maybe I just have horrible luck and our petition was handed off to the slacker of the immigration office....... Is there anything I can do to possibly jump start this process? I understand that applying for a visa involves a lot of waiting but it's been so long since I've heard anything at all from anyone that I'm beginning to worry :unsure:

Another thing that has me concerned is when my fiance will actually receive his visa... Some people seem to receive it at their interview and others have to wait 6 weeks... He's a very intelligent guy but I really wanted to fly back with him as I'm planning on being at the interview. I obviously can't wait around for 6 weeks and I definitely can't afford to go for a week, buy him a ticket that won't be used, and then go back a month and a half later with two more tickets -_- I'm a college student... I make enough to meet the income requirement but it's not like I have any kind of a nest egg laying around and waiting to be made use of...

This whole process is beginning to depress both of us... Him because he has 1000 questions I can't answer and me because I'm apparently so helpless to do anything to make this situation any better... If anyone can answer any of my questions or even wants to offer up personal testimony, I'd love to hear it :thumbs:

Thanks.

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Like others have stated YOU filed in june, some folks in april and may are still waiting...PATIENCE is the key. If you truly love one another the long wait will only make you stronger:)

your timeline states

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 3, 2008 and November 20, 2008*.

so patience as everyone else says and remember it may take LONGER

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.