Alex7892

What to take to the interview - including I-134 question

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Guys,

talk about leaving things until the last minute but i've got an interview next week and all of a sudden i'm in a mad rush making sure I have all the correct documents to take with me.

One of the forms that I have printed out (but not filled in) is an I-134 'Affidavit of Support' - i'm wondering whether this form is absolutely necessary to take with me to the interview because I am going to the US pretty much self-sufficient with a relatively decent amount of money saved up (a combination of money in my own account and from sending over dollars every now and again to my fiance) to essentially support myself.

Without meaning to sound moronic can somebody please let me know exactly what I will need to take with me to the interview? As far as i'm aware it is the following:

1) Passport

2) Police Certificate

3) Birth Certificate (Long form and not old style 'short form' one)

4) Three x US style passport photos

5) Medical details (as my medical is AFTER my interview this will not apply)

I think i've got the above information pretty much nailed so the only grey area's are the I-134 and also whether it's worth taking along evidence of relationship (photos and letters etc). I'm not sure that proof of the relationship is needed though because obviously this was all sent prior to being approved.

I'm sure answers to all these questions are all over this website so apologies if it is but at a quick glance I couldn't really see it.

Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

London does allow "Self Sponsoring" of a K-Visa, however you will need to be able to show how the funds will be transfered to the USA.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html

Applicants Own Funds

An applicant who expects to be able to meet the public charge provisions of the law through personal financial resources may submit to the consular officer evidence of funds or income from one or more of the following sources:

• bank statement showing present balance of applicant's account, date account was opened, the number and amount of deposits and withdrawals during the past 12 months, and the average balance during the year. If there have been recent unusually large deposits, an explanation thereof should be given;

• proof of ownership of property or real estate, in the form of a title deed or the equivalent and a letter from a lawyer, or real estate agent showing its present valuation (any mortgages or loans against the property must be stated);

• letter or letters verifying ownership of stocks and bonds, with present market value or expected earnings indicated;

• statement from insurance company showing policies held and present case surrender value;

• proof of income from business investments or other sources.

If the financial resources are derived from a source outside the United States, a statement as to how the funds or income are to be transferred to the U.S. must be provided.

NOTE: Later when adjusting status US Citizen Spouse MUST sponsor immigrant and must provide I-864.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi Guys,

talk about leaving things until the last minute but i've got an interview next week and all of a sudden i'm in a mad rush making sure I have all the correct documents to take with me.

One of the forms that I have printed out (but not filled in) is an I-134 'Affidavit of Support' - i'm wondering whether this form is absolutely necessary to take with me to the interview because I am going to the US pretty much self-sufficient with a relatively decent amount of money saved up (a combination of money in my own account and from sending over dollars every now and again to my fiance) to essentially support myself.

Without meaning to sound moronic can somebody please let me know exactly what I will need to take with me to the interview? As far as i'm aware it is the following:

1) Passport

2) Police Certificate

I think i've got the above information pretty much nailed so the only grey area's are the I-134 and also whether it's worth taking along evidence of relationship (photos and letters etc). I'm not sure that proof of the relationship is needed though because obviously this was all sent prior to being approved.

I'm sure answers to all these questions are all over this website so apologies if it is but at a quick glance I couldn't really see it.

I would take an exact copy of the paperwork you originally sent for your case because it shows that you are serious about this. It is also good just 'in case' they happen to 'misplace' some of your paperwork. Any additional supporting evidence of your ongoing relationship is a good thing because it gives them less reason to deny that your relationship is authentic :) Hope that's helpful.

By the way, if you are filing for a spousal visa, you will need the affidavit of support at the interview. I am not sure about the UK, but in Casablanca, I do not need an affidavit of support because I am filing for the fiance visa.

We met in October 2007 and our immigration journey started in July 2008 when we filed for the I-129F Fiance Visa petition. 

~05/16/2009~ MARRIED!!!!

~08/31/2011~ OUR SON WAS BORN!!!!

~02/17/2012~ Mailed I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residency to Vermont Service Center

~03/19/2012~ ASC Biometrics Appointment

~11/05/2012~ Production of 10-year GC ordered

~7/1/2014~ Our son's first trip to Morocco

~03/17/2018~ Filed N-400

~04/09/2018~ Biometrics

~6/13/2018~ Off to Morocco, my parents in tow!

~10/23/2018~ Interview, approved

~11/7/2018~ Oath Ceremony

Cheers,

Since you are mentioning the birth certificate, the police report this points to a K1 visa - timelines help if you have a chance to fill out.

Make sure you bring proof of the funds, tis one thing to say yes I have one million pounds or dollars, tis another thing to the CO to see that proof. Even with assets such as a house or flat, redemption statment, current appraisal etc.

Good Luck and God Speed

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Timeline
I would take an exact copy of the paperwork you originally sent for your case because it shows that you are serious about this. It is also good just 'in case' they happen to 'misplace' some of your paperwork. Any additional supporting evidence of your ongoing relationship is a good thing because it gives them less reason to deny that your relationship is authentic :) Hope that's helpful.

By the way, if you are filing for a spousal visa, you will need the affidavit of support at the interview. I am not sure about the UK, but in Casablanca, I do not need an affidavit of support because I am filing for the fiance visa.

They posted this to K-1 so lets assume not a spousal visa, but I have seen people post to wrong forums all the time.

To Alex7892, IT is a good thing to fill in timeline and profile details BEFORE posting to the forum, it helps understand your immigrations status.

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=52044

You filed for some visa NOT N/A http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline

Hi yes it's a K1 fiance visa that we applied for and which I have been approved for. I'm in the UK and my fiance is in the US.

I didn't realise how useful a timeline would be to people other than myself so I didn't bother in the past. I'll give one a go shortly though.

As for the I-134 the more I read about it the more less likely I think it will be needed - not least because I earn a relatively decent income and i'm in a steady job until my departure date - and on top of that I earn more than my fiance so the whole idea of her needing to be my sponsor seems a little odd.

Hi yes it's a K1 fiance visa that we applied for and which I have been approved for. I'm in the UK and my fiance is in the US.

I didn't realise how useful a timeline would be to people other than myself so I didn't bother in the past. I'll give one a go shortly though.

As for the I-134 the more I read about it the more less likely I think it will be needed - not least because I earn a relatively decent income and i'm in a steady job until my departure date - and on top of that I earn more than my fiance so the whole idea of her needing to be my sponsor seems a little odd.

Nods head but dont underestimate the embassy mate - there have been a few that have had some issues with this because they did not bring all the goodies, i think the best thing to do and only words of good luck here is bring it and if they dont ask your fine. If they do, then you are prepared.

Good Luck on interview and after medical is done takes about three to seven days before visa just an fyi.

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

08/10Received

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Timeline

Thanks for that - when you say just bring the I-134 anyway - I mean I have one which is not filled in because it appears that would be done by the US citizen. On top of that at the end of the form it says that it needs to be signed in person by an 'officer administering oath'.

I think giving the Embassy in London a call in the morning would be a good idea just to see what they say about taking the I-134 form - the last thing I want to do is not take it but find out that it is needed and then have to go through all the hassle of re-arranging an interview.

mbc

Sorry, that one passed me by - what does mbc stand for?

means charles has been busy lol

moved to the correct thread by charles lol

gotta luv that guy he gets around

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Timeline
Thanks for that - when you say just bring the I-134 anyway - I mean I have one which is not filled in because it appears that would be done by the US citizen. On top of that at the end of the form it says that it needs to be signed in person by an 'officer administering oath'.

I think giving the Embassy in London a call in the morning would be a good idea just to see what they say about taking the I-134 form - the last thing I want to do is not take it but find out that it is needed and then have to go through all the hassle of re-arranging an interview.

Yes form is filled out and provide by US citizen (The petitioner) and signature is Notarized "Officer admin Oath" typically Notary Public.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
Hi Guys,

1) Passport

2) Police Certificate

Bottom line, I think, is that American civil servants can be just as officious and fussy as the British ones. No matter what the circumstances, you require a sponsor to obtain the K-1 visa. The sponsor must provide evidence as on the I-134 that sufficient income is available.

Timeline
Hi Guys,

1) Passport

2) Police Certificate

Bottom line, I think, is that American civil servants can be just as officious and fussy as the British ones. No matter what the circumstances, you require a sponsor to obtain the K-1 visa. The sponsor must provide evidence as on the I-134 that sufficient income is available.

I think i've come to realise this after looking on here and googling the other bits of information. In my rush to get things done and informing the Embassy that I have all the documents...it clearly transpires I haven't.

After speaking to my fiance earlier on what we could do is get her to fill the form out (get it notarised etc) and send any other possible relevant docs such as payslips etc and stick it on some kind of 48 hours delivery service which will enable me to take it to the interview next week.......OR I could contact the Embassy tomorrow, explain the situation and tell them how i'm concerned it might not arrive in time and ask whether I could re-arrange the interview for the following week - or whenever is suitable.

I'd feel quite an idiot doing the latter but I only received confirmation of the interview on Saturday so on the plus side I am letting them know at the earliest opportunity rather than the last minute.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.