apeach601

Frustruated

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm at about 90 days so far and the last petition adjuciated on this board was from a 1NOA of Oct 27, 2005 my 1NOA was Nov 1, 2005. But there has been no movement for at least a week. Someone on this board got a message that they were expanding the times for processing adding another 90 to 220 days on top of the orginal 90 to 120 days but I cannot confirm that from the California Lack of Service Center. :(

Edited by Manizales Mamba

10/25/2005 I-129F sent to TSC

10/27/2005 Arrives at TSC case transfer from TSC to CSC

11/01/2005 1NOA from CSC

11/04/2005 check for $170 cashed, e-mail from CSC confirms 1NOA

11/05/2005 1NOA hard copy arrives by snail mail. Yessssss!

01/31/2006 Touched-email message case being reviewed 60 days notification

02/01/2006 2NOA E-mail Yesssssssssssssssssss!

02/07/2006 2NOA hard copy from CSC postmarked 02/03/2006

02/09/2006 NVC Receives 129F

02/14/2006 NVC sends 129F to Embassy using DHL

02/16/2006 Petition arrives at Bogota Embassy.

02/23/2006 Packet 3 sent to Embassy by courier and fax

02/24/2006 Emabassy receives Packet 3

03/02/2006 Notified of Interview at Embassy 04/04/2006

03/03/2006 Receive Packet 3 and 4

03/31/2006 Medical Interview

04/04/2006 Interview in Bogota Colombia-VISA APPROVED

04/05/2006 Pick up Visa

04/08/2006 Fly to Miami with Fiance

05/12/2006 Married

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Oh yeah..

I'm throwing my 2 cents in...

Be thankful you do not have to go through the CSC!! If you would like...I will gladly trade your 30-45 days with my 3 + ??? months. Your time has just begun and its a very very reasonable one at that!! Read a book, drink some coffee...no reason for you to get all huffy. Everyone here wants to be with their loved one.

:diablo:

12-23-2005 Received NOA1

03-08-2006 Touched

03-10-2006 RFE...UUUuggghhh!!!

03-17-2006 Sent out the requested info...keeping fingers crossed!!

04-21-2006 Received NOA2 via snail mail

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

YAY!!!! Good to see you Mary!!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((((Mary)))))))))))))))))))))))

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

It took 77 days from the day we sent our petition 'til we received our NOA2, and we are very grateful for our luck! You should anticipate a 6-12 month timeline for the K1 process, just to be on the safe side. I know it sucks, but we are *all* going through it. If your relationship is meant to be, you'll get through the time apart, and be stronger for it once you're together.

(F)

Current Journey - Naturalization

25 Jun 2012 - Filed N-400

28 Jun 2012 - NOA

03 Jul 2012 - Biometrics Letter

30 Jul 2012 - Fingerprints in St Louis, MO

02 Aug 2012 - Interview Notice for 11 Sept 2012 in Kansas City, MO

08 Aug 2012 - Letter stating interview has been cancelled

09 Aug 2012 - Interview Notice for 18 Sept 2012 in Springfield, MO

18 Sept 2012 - Approved! Oath ceremony 10/12/12

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

believe me 30-45 days is nothing, i just filed my petition for a second time for my fiance, we cancelled the first one two years ago because we were not ready. two years ago, the waiting time was a lot longer. we waited 6 months just for NOA2.....i think you should be very thankful for a projected wait time of 30-45 days....i know it is hard, but if you just try and keep your mind occupied, the time will fly by.

Stacey

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

maybe she's expecting new reactions from the same people (since this was already posted in the old forum) ... :whistle:

lol lol lol :lol::lol:

that is so funny I am really worry the reason is that many people that went through VSC already received a response within a couple of days. I thought this was a site where you can vent your frustruations as well as get help. Reading comment quoted above it doesn't seem that way.

sheesh....girl, you better settle down a bit and learn some patience. you think you're the only one wanting to be with your honey????? there are some on here bebeen waiting a heck of a lot longer than what you're b******* about. chill out....

Whats b*******? I hope that it's not what I think it is because its what I think it is then a lot of people here are b ***** !! :whistle:

Our Timeline

01/03/2006 Sent Via express mail.

01/05/2006 Received and signend by P. Novak.

01/11/2006 Still waiting.... I check everyday.

01/12/2006 Check Cashed.....

01/13/2006 Noa received on 01/13/06 Friday the 13th Ooooohhhhh.

01/27/2006 Touched.

02/10/2006 Aproved NOA 2

02/13/2006 Noa 2 emailed ..... So happy

02/15/2006 Called NVC Received new case #

02/16/2006 Received NOA 2 Snail mail.

02/17/2006 Sent to the consulate

05/10/2006 Still waiting for interview sucks

05/19/2006 Going to see my honey !!!

you're right .. sometimes it doesn't seem helpful when you are venting about waiting.

it's SUCH a subjective subject. this has always been an issue here at VJ because everyone's timeline and visa journey is individual.

you will never know why someone breezed through in days ... yet someone else may take months. did the person working on your case take a week's vacation? maybe they were sick for a few days? maybe the had to check out some additional information regarding your case?

there is no rhyme or reason as to why someone's case goes quicker or takes longer than another, but i think some people from other SC's felt it was a slap in the face that you were already questioning where your NOA2 was because you were filing via VSC. as the letter says ... it could feasibly take anywhere from 30-45 days.

not an excuse, but more of an explanation of the reception you received today (which was about the same that you received on your old thread). :huh:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

OMG! I know how bad it is to not have the person you love next to you but..... you're lucky you're going through Vermont! I'm using Nebraska and I'm already so thankful for that! hehe..... is it going to be terrible waiting for 2 months but it could be worse!

Be strong and you guys will be together soon!! :star:

Oh and Welcome Ana Castro..... Good to see one more Brazilian in here..... :)

Edited by MrMrsKnight

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Timeline

maybe she's expecting new reactions from the same people (since this was already posted in the old forum) ... :whistle:

lol lol lol :lol::lol:

that is so funny I am really worry the reason is that many people that went through VSC already received a response within a couple of days. I thought this was a site where you can vent your frustruations as well as get help. Reading comment quoted above it doesn't seem that way.

sheesh....girl, you better settle down a bit and learn some patience. you think you're the only one wanting to be with your honey????? there are some on here bebeen waiting a heck of a lot longer than what you're b******* about. chill out....

well, i'll tell ya...you havent heard too many of us griping as soon as you have...we've been waiting almost 90 days for our NOA2. i've been down, but i sure havent griped. yes you can vent...but you havent given things enough time to have something to vent about. look at other VJ'ers timelines...look at how long they've waited. all we want is for you to slow down and look at things from our perspective. :)

Whats b*******? I hope that it's not what I think it is because its what I think it is then a lot of people here are b ***** !! :whistle:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Oh yeah..

I'm throwing my 2 cents in...

Be thankful you do not have to go through the CSC!! If you would like...I will gladly trade your 30-45 days with my 3 + ??? months. Your time has just begun and its a very very reasonable one at that!! Read a book, drink some coffee...no reason for you to get all huffy. Everyone here wants to be with their loved one.

:diablo:

I apolgize to all of those that were offended. I am sorry that your wait is long. But again I was trying to vent I didn't think that it will cause all this negative feedback.

I will not post anything else at Vj a lot of people are to sensative and take things to personal. :star::whistle:

Our Timeline

01/03/2006 Sent Via express mail.

01/05/2006 Received and signend by P. Novak.

01/11/2006 Still waiting.... I check everyday.

01/12/2006 Check Cashed.....

01/13/2006 Noa received on 01/13/06 Friday the 13th Ooooohhhhh.

01/27/2006 Touched.

02/10/2006 Aproved NOA 2

02/13/2006 Noa 2 emailed ..... So happy

02/15/2006 Called NVC Received new case #

02/16/2006 Received NOA 2 Snail mail.

02/17/2006 Sent to the consulate

05/10/2006 Still waiting for interview sucks

05/19/2006 Going to see my honey !!!

Timeline

that, of course, is your decision...venting is ok...but try to see things from everyone else's perspective. you HAVENT been waiting long enough to have anything to VENT about! that's all we were trying to get you to see.

We are all frustrated from time to time. Maybe Peach started off a bit more nervous than others on here. I don't buy the "put in your time then vent" attitude.

If you expect something at a certain time, and it does not occur, you may question it. I would too.. just waiting for our biometrics while others are getting approvals for EAD, etc. makes me wonder if there is an issue even though only next week is our 90 day mark.

Chill guys. :star:

Timeline

i dont think others will agree...there are some on here that have put in more than their share of time, waiting. i'd love to see our NOA2. i would have loved to have everything done before my mother died a few weeks ago too. i didnt say peach shouldnt vent...just to look at this from everyone else's perspective.

We can agree to disagree then. I went through K1 also and it took longer than most K3's. But then again, I guess by many people's logic here I have earned my right to complain.

Don't mistake what I am saying, I recognize Peach is being a little uptight for just a few weeks, but what I am saying is that maybe she expected some notice, whatever by now and she was venting because it was not the case. Jumping down her throat telling her to put in her time and be mindful of other's wait times does no good. we are ALL waiting and in many cases its just not a fair process.

peach - give it some time, you have a great processing center!

Edited by lal_brandow

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.