chaingang

ADMINSTRATIVE REVIEW AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i called Dos today asking about MY case they said its pending in us embassy Islamabad for administrative review , and you need to contact them for further inquiry not here to DOS , i sent email to islamabad us embassy 2 weeks ago and they don't reply ,

so what dos lady said really didnt come up in my mind , if it is Ar then where is ap really confusing :angry:

I would also like to know what causes a case to come under review. Is it because of a name hit? Or is this something the embassy uses to delay cases even longer when they dont want to issue a visa?

i asked her what is going on with my Case all she said it is under administrative review , i think its a tactics to delay cases , my case is pending for AP from the last 19 months now , but i feel they dont want to issue visa i remember when i called back in december 2007 they said case pending in embassy to administrative review but when i called agian in feb 2008 said they said case pending for administrative processing , so i am hearing this Ar 2 times in my case one in 2007 and one in 2008

I need to know are they working on my case or it is thrown in garbage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I would also like to know what causes a case to come under review. Is it because of a name hit? Or is this something the embassy uses to delay cases even longer when they dont want to issue a visa?

i asked her what is going on with my Case all she said it is under administrative review , i think its a tactics to delay cases , my case is pending for AP from the last 19 months now , but i feel they dont want to issue visa i remember when i called back in december 2007 they said case pending in embassy to administrative review but when i called agian in feb 2008 said they said case pending for administrative processing , so i am hearing this Ar 2 times in my case one in 2007 and one in 2008

I need to know are they working on my case or it is thrown in garbage

ya i know how frustrating it is.. chennai embassy told me its with DOS,and that the embassy is waiting on something they requested.. but wont say wat!!

you shoudl call up ur embassy in islamabad, have u? what did they say?? sometimes embassys dont reply to email.. so annoying!

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I did think Administrative Review is different then Administrative Processing. I believe one is Embassy level and one is DOS level. I could be wrong but I read it somewhere like that..... You can go through both maybe... Who knows this process is ALL KOO KOO

I hope WE all here something soon!!!!!!!!!

INSHALLAH

Nita (F)

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

I did think Administrative Review is different then Administrative Processing. I believe one is Embassy level and one is DOS level. I could be wrong but I read it somewhere like that..... You can go through both maybe... Who knows this process is ALL KOO KOO

INSHALLAH

Nita (F)

well i also read about ap and ar , they are 2 different things but i feel waiting for 19 months and still case pending it means they dont issue visa its all tactics to delay cases , they will make it delay and give u that much pressure that u will say f***** it i dont need it , i give up , embassy u win and i loose , this is what they want to take out from your mouth

i contacted email , my lawyer contacted email , neither they replied me nor my lawyer no one , and i dont think so they will reply any more what i heard about islamabad embassy that they dont reply any more to emails by the way they also dont pick up the phone , its completely black hole , whatever goes there never comes out ..

indeed it is worse than black hole , even in black hole if u can go through center of black hole force on you will be equal from all dimensions and black hole wont be able to harm u in any way and u can go out of white hole ,

but when it comes to Islamabad embassy its something else now days , i feel they have locked their offices , no one is there any more and they went back from where they came

INSHALLAH

Nita (F)

well i also read about ap and ar , they are 2 different things but i feel waiting for 19 months and still case pending it means they dont issue visa its all tactics to delay cases , they will make it delay and give u that much pressure that u will say f***** it i dont need it , i give up , embassy u win and i loose , this is what they want to take out from your mouth

i contacted email , my lawyer contacted email , neither they replied me nor my lawyer no one , and i dont think so they will reply any more what i heard about islamabad embassy that they dont reply any more to emails by the way they also dont pick up the phone , its completely black hole , whatever goes there never comes out ..

indeed it is worse than black hole , even in black hole if u can go through center of black hole force on you will be equal from all dimensions and black hole wont be able to harm u in any way and u can go out of white hole ,

but when it comes to Islamabad embassy its something else now days , i feel they have locked their offices , no one is there any more and they went back from where they came

this is what one guy said about Ar when it comes to us embassy islamabad pakistan

"Some NEWS about K1-adminstrative review in pakistan, adminstrative review in pakistan"

interview date june first week, recieved Administrative review, consulate told me, everything is fine, congratulation blah blah, and handed me this blue letter.

I waited for 95 days , finally i recieved the call from the embassy to send the passport thro courier service.

within 5 days I recieved the passport back with visa stamp on it.

Dont lose your hope, in my opinion wait upto 4 months is normal in pakistan

Good luck

Timeline

I AM SO SORRY this is a very long time!!! Have you tried to find out what they are doing??? Have you contact senator?

Nita

INSHALLAH

Nita (F)

But you waited 19 months that a long time!! Maybe you should try sending them a letter!!

Nita

INSHALLAH

Nita (F)

this is what one guy said about Ar when it comes to us embassy islamabad pakistan

"Some NEWS about K1-adminstrative review in pakistan, adminstrative review in pakistan"

interview date june first week, recieved Administrative review, consulate told me, everything is fine, congratulation blah blah, and handed me this blue letter.

I waited for 95 days , finally i recieved the call from the embassy to send the passport thro courier service.

Good luck

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

I AM SO SORRY this is a very long time!!! Have you tried to find out what they are doing??? Have you contact senator?

Nita

INSHALLAH

Nita (F)

senator is no help , My sister friend waited for 20 months and finally she got her visa like 3 weeks ago , embassy of Islamabad is very slow , my lawyer told me its normal coz your embassy is very slow , when it comes to embassy no one can help you contacting senator is usless all they will do is to send email and embassy will reply back saying case pending for ap/ar thats it i tried this before it is useless , rest of things are in Allah's hands

But you waited 19 months that a long time!! Maybe you should try sending them a letter!!

Nita

INSHALLAH

Nita (F)

Good luck

INSHALLAH

Nita (F)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Chaingang,

I have completely given up any communication with DOS--every time I call I get frustrated and start to cry. The last time I called them the lady told me, "look, you might think you should call us about your husband's visa, but we simply have no information here. It is the embassy that handles everything at this stage and if it is security related there is no information posted for us to give you." Are you the U.S. citizen? If you are, contact your senator and congressman so they can make an inquiry and the U.S. citizen should call the embassy and ask to speak to a U.S. citizen in Islamabad. I know exactly how you feel--I am sick of this, it is wrecking my marriage, my life, my relationships with my family, everything. I could not have lasted as long as you. I am started to give up all hope myself after 14 months waiting.

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Timeline

I found this on a site... Hope it helps

Administrative Review and/or Administrative Processing

After Your Visa Interview

Administrative Review: Is when your case is being looked at more closely for accuracy and to make sure all security name and fingerprint checks have cleared and your visa can be adjudicated.

Administrative Processing: Means once you have interviewed it is in security checks for any of these situations: you have had a name hit in one of the many data bases, background checks for fraud, or has missing and incomplete information that must be submitted and the rechecked. Processing is more in depth and than the review process and there is no time limit for this processing to complete. Administrative processing can last a few days or months and in some cases it has endured for years.

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Try to start making some noise. Contact your congressman and US senator. Stay on them. If they don't get back to you in a reasonable time frame, call them again. Be polite but firm. Write a letter to the embassy or consulate. I don't know what is used in Pakistan. Wite to the Ambassador or Consul General, send it FedEx if that service is available. Call your Senator and congressman and follow it up in writing. Provide copies of all evidence. Go to the biggest newspaper in the state and see if someone will listen to your story. Contact the local tv station, maybe they will do a human interest story. Contact the Washington Post. Make noise. If your wife is the US citizen, she needs to do some of these things. The lawyer will take your money and wait forever, it's not his life it is yours. Leave no stone unturned. Don't be passive, get active about it. You really need the US citizen spouse to get involved.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

I already started making noise!! I contact my senator already!!! Next I will see what else I can do!!! I will be contacting DOS every week, and Embassy as well...

:crying:

Nita

Try to start making some noise. Contact your congressman and US senator. Stay on them. If they don't get back to you in a reasonable time frame, call them again. Be polite but firm. Write a letter to the embassy or consulate. I don't know what is used in Pakistan. Wite to the Ambassador or Consul General, send it FedEx if that service is available. Call your Senator and congressman and follow it up in writing. Provide copies of all evidence. Go to the biggest newspaper in the state and see if someone will listen to your story. Contact the local tv station, maybe they will do a human interest story. Contact the Washington Post. Make noise. If your wife is the US citizen, she needs to do some of these things. The lawyer will take your money and wait forever, it's not his life it is yours. Leave no stone unturned. Don't be passive, get active about it. You really need the US citizen spouse to get involved.

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I started making noise alsooooooooo :crying:

last week contacted the congressmans office, no news from them yet, its been a week :(

i call DOS every week but they are realy no help...

embasyystaff usually not available to pik up my call :angry: but when they do they say its under AP and we wil contact ur husband once we have finished the AP

:angry::angry::angry:

I HATE THIS!~!!!! :(

we were not given any reason for the 221 g AP!! and interview went REALLY WELL!!!! CO officer said 4-6 weeks of AP

thats a LIE!! :angry:

lets keep each other updated!!!!

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.