KIMCORENE

AOS FILERS: OCTOBER 2008

1,943 posts in this topic

I Just got the email on my I485.

Happy Valentine Everyone.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On February 12, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey everyone!!I got my interview date for March 6th!!!well now I recieved a letter saying my interview is scheduled for march 6th.therefore they request me to schedule an inforpass.any idease what is going on????

Hmmm, could you explain a little better, please?

In December my husband got an order to be deployed to Afghanistan in January.So I called the NVC and ask for expidite as he wouldn't be here for the interview.well 3 days later my husband learned that it was a mistake he is not being deployed.so I called NVC back and told them that he is not deploying, I don't want to confusing anybody. (well I think I did). So I got my interview date letter in the beginning of January saying I have the interview on March 6th. Meanwhile I moved and changed my addresses.I got a letter confirming my address is changed on my I-130. (didn't recieve anything for I485).Couple days ago I went and check the mailbox from the condo we moved out.There was another letter

Caste Type:I485

Type of service requested: Expedite.

The status of this ervice request is:

Your interview for this aplication is currently scheduled for 06 March 2009.Therefore, we request taht you schedule an INFOPASS appointment to discuss your pending application with your local District Office.

I called NVC twice. One of them couldn't help me at all.So I tried the military help line.He suggested I go to INFOPASS.

I guess the person I talked and said disregard the expedite request didn't disregard it. I don't know what is going on now.I tried to make an appointmeent but no appointment is avalable.the closest field office is 2 hours away on top of it i dontl think I can just show up there without an appointment.I dont know what to do

Hey everyone!!I got my interview date for March 6th!!!well now I recieved a letter saying my interview is scheduled for march 6th.therefore they request me to schedule an inforpass.any idease what is going on????

In December my husband got an order to be deployed to Afghanistan in January.So I called the NVC and ask for expidite as he wouldn't be here for the interview.well 3 days later my husband learned that it was a mistake he is not being deployed.so I called NVC back and told them that he is not deploying, I don't want to confusing anybody. (well I think I did). So I got my interview date letter in the beginning of January saying I have the interview on March 6th. Meanwhile I moved and changed my addresses.I got a letter confirming my address is changed on my I-130. (didn't recieve anything for I485).Couple days ago I went and check the mailbox from the condo we moved out.There was another letter

Your interview for this aplication is currently scheduled for 06 March 2009.Therefore, we request taht you schedule an INFOPASS appointment to discuss your pending application with your local District Office.

I called NVC twice. One of them couldn't help me at all.So I tried the military help line.He suggested I go to INFOPASS.

I guess the person I talked and said disregard the expedite request didn't disregard it. I don't know what is going on now.I tried to make an appointmeent but no appointment is avalable.the closest field office is 2 hours away on top of it i dontl think I can just show up there without an appointment.I dont know what to do

I jsut realized it you are going to Oakland Park Field.me too:)))

Keep trying to get an appointment- try several times a day. But if that does not work, you and your husband should attend the interview and explain. Do you have anything to show you had called back to cancel the expedite? Like a confirmation number, cause you probably need to have that to show.

USCIS TIMELINE

N400 (Citizenship Application):

Package sent: 02/17/2012

NOA Date: 02/21/2012

I jsut realized it you are going to Oakland Park Field.me too:)))

Keep trying to get an appointment- try several times a day. But if that does not work, you and your husband should attend the interview and explain. Do you have anything to show you had called back to cancel the expedite? Like a confirmation number, cause you probably need to have that to show.

No I don't stupid me I always get those kind of stuff. He told me "oh don't worry it won't count towards you".But the funny thing is if that expidite request was to pass they were suppose to contact me in 5 days and nobody did. So I guess I will try to get that INFOPASS and then go to the interview. Thank you for your suggestions.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On February 12, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

Sincerely,

CONGRADULATIONS Vinacafe for getting approved for your green card :dance::dance: You should go out and celebrate.

Removal of Conditions

05/20/2011.....................Sent off package today, so now playing the waiting game.(Day 1)

05/23/2011.....................Package was received(Day 3)

05/28/2011.....................Received NOA/one year extention letter dated 5/23/2011(Day 8)

06/04/2011.....................I got my biometrics letter in the mail, my appointment is for 06/13/2011@11:00am (Day 14)

06/13/2011.....................Biometrics appointment today @Cleveland, Ohio @11:00am (Day 23)

09/20/2011.....................Approved for 10yr green card, wooohooooo next step citizenship

09/24/2011.....................Received 10yr green card in the mail.

My window for Citizenship 05/20/2012

Hey KIMCORENE,

Thanks for this awesome checklist of interview stuff. I don't have any suggestions since I'm still in the preparation stage myself, just wanted to say thanks for helping me get ready!

BTW - I am secretly in love with my label maker too! :blush:

And congrats on the little one coming soon!

I thought I would share what we will be taking as evidence to our interview next month. We will have a messenger bag with three albums (wedding, honeymoon and one that has pictures of when we were dating until now), in addition to tons of letters. Our second thing is one of those huge organizers with compartments, which I have labeled with tabs...I'm fanatical when it comes to organizing, lol. Please peruse at your leisure and feel free to comment. Thanks! BTW, the text in bold is the section heading I used and each section is accompanied by one for photocopies.

Identity and Citizenship

Passports

Social Security cards

Birth certificates

Certificate of naturalization

Immigration and Legal Entry

Interview notice

All notices received from USCIS

Copy of I-130 AND I-485

J-1 visa paperwork

Copy of visa

Copy of I-94 and form from Deferred Inspections from when they had to correct the visa class on my I-94

Copy of stamps in passport

Eligibility for Permanent Residence

Marriage certificate

Approval notice for waiver of two yr. foreign residency requirement

Shared Residence

Apartment lease

Utility bills

Canceled checks showing former joint address

Joint mail at new address

Change of address confirmation for family move and for me since I use my maiden name on some things

Auto insurance showing former address

Joint Finances

One year's bank statements for joint saving and checking accounts

Beneficiary change confirmations for retirement plans

Jointly filed tax return for 2008

Account summary for Church

Canceled checks

Insurance

Auto Insurance

Health Insurance

Dental Coverage

Affidavit of Support

Form I-864 EZ

2008 W-2

2008 Joint Tax Return

IRS Tax Transcripts for 2007, 2006 and 2005.

Copies of Pay stubs- Jan. to March 2009.

Medical Information

Sealed envelope containing Form I-693 (Civil surgeon had used the outdated form and I didn't get an RFE for it, so I'm taking it to the interview)

Ultrasound pictures of our little princess (due June 5th, yay! :lol: )

Miscellaneous

Wedding announcement in online publication

Itinerary and receipts from honeymoon

A couple of wedding pictures I had lying around (in case they want to keep pictures- our album is a scrapbook so everything is glued in).

So that's it. A long post, I know but I want to make sure all our bases are covered- would hate for them to ask for something that we left at home :bonk: :bonk: . Anyway, what do you guys think?

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

KIMCORENE-

I think you are more than good and ready... From recent interview reviews, the IO's like it when one is organized...I labeled my stuff too so i know what to take out of what section....aint nothing wrong with that...and i guess i missed that part of you expecting..Congrats! that baby's first word would be visa journey instead of mummy or daddy...lol..cuz her mummy was on that website alot while she was in her tummy..Again, congrats..that's good news..I am looking forward to the day I become a mummy.. :thumbs:

Congrats to everyone else who received their physical green cards in the mail and for those who are still waiting, CanadianMade, your time is near, dont worry..and everyone else, hang in there..

HAPPY VALENTINE'S EVERYONE..Have a safe weekend..Enjoy!! :dance:

I thought I would share what we will be taking as evidence to our interview next month. We will have a messenger bag with three albums (wedding, honeymoon and one that has pictures of when we were dating until now), in addition to tons of letters. Our second thing is one of those huge organizers with compartments, which I have labeled with tabs...I'm fanatical when it comes to organizing, lol. Please peruse at your leisure and feel free to comment. Thanks! BTW, the text in bold is the section heading I used and each section is accompanied by one for photocopies.

Identity and Citizenship

Passports

Social Security cards

Birth certificates

Interview notice

Copy of I-130 AND I-485

J-1 visa paperwork

Copy of visa

Copy of I-94 and form from Deferred Inspections from when they had to correct the visa class on my I-94

Marriage certificate

Shared Residence

Apartment lease

Utility bills

Change of address confirmation for family move and for me since I use my maiden name on some things

Joint Finances

Canceled checks

Insurance

Auto Insurance

Health Insurance

Dental Coverage

Affidavit of Support

Form I-864 EZ

2008 W-2

2008 Joint Tax Return

Medical Information

Sealed envelope containing Form I-693 (Civil surgeon had used the outdated form and I didn't get an RFE for it, so I'm taking it to the interview)

Miscellaneous

A couple of wedding pictures I had lying around (in case they want to keep pictures- our album is a scrapbook so everything is glued in).

So that's it. A long post, I know but I want to make sure all our bases are covered- would hate for them to ask for something that we left at home :bonk: :bonk: . Anyway, what do you guys think?

10/01/08 Sent package to Chicago Lockbox

10/03/08 Package received at Chicago (Day 1)

10/10/08 Checks cashed per my bank (Day 7)

10/15/08 NOA's for I-130, I-485, I-765 (Day 12)

10/20/08 Biometrics appointment notice for Nov 4 (Day 17)

10/22/08 Notice for RFE showed on online (Day 19)

10/27/08 Notice for RFE hard copy received in the mail (Day 24)

11/04/08 Biometrics done (Day 32)

11/10/08 Sent RFE letter with missing initial evidence (I-693) back to USCIS ( Day 38)

11/12/08 Initial evidence (I-693) received by NBC (Day 40)

11/17/08 Response for evidence received, case processing resumed (Day 45)

12/10/08 EAD card production ordered (Day 68)

12/16/08 EAD card production ordered again--Send the damn card already!! (Day 74)

12/19/08 EAD Approval Notice Sent (Day 77)

12/20/08 EAD and interview letter received in the mail (Day 78)

2/24/09 Interview @ 8am ( Day 144) - AOS APPROVED..PASSPORT STAMPED!!

3/2/2009 Received Welcome and I-130 Approval Notices. WE WELCOME YOU TO PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE USA!!

3/7/2009 Received permanent resident card in the mail.

11/24/2010 Remove Conditions (Day 635)

Sincerely,

CONGRADULATIONS Vinacafe for getting approved for your green card :dance::dance: You should go out and celebrate.

Thanks Canadianmade,

Yeah, I'll have party this weekend.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Dear VJers and especially October filers!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all your help and support throughout my journey. Today I had my AOS interview and it was a success.

Here is my experience:

The waiting area was pretty big and we waited almost an hour to be called (meybe even over an hour, not sure). Our IO was that kind of person whom it is difficult to read, I even thought he was mean in the beginning. Well, when we got to his office there was another guy there and IO explained that we are going to be interviewd by both of them (well, IO will be interviewing and the other guy will be watching). I started freaking out...

After going through our file for not more then 30 sec IO started asking questions like how we met, when we started dating, when deceided to get married. Then he asked us of any joint stuff. Needless to say I was VERY prepared. I put like 12 different folders in front of him plus 3 inch stack of pics. He went probably through 3-4 folders collecting lease papers, bank and credit card ststements, vehicle lien and registration, 2008 tax return, my hubby's and mine employment letters and paystubs. Then he asked me all of those questions "have you ever..." from I-485. He then announced that he is going to approve my application and explained us about removal of conditions. He took my I-94 but never asked for EAD. He gave me a letter stating that I-485 was approved but never offered to stamp my passport (well, maybe because it was expired). And that was it!

Hope everyone else will have a painless interview like mine!

Good luck, and again, thanks for all your support.

T & J

02/14/2008 Valentine`s Day Wedding!

AOS

04/09/2008 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

05/03/2008 call to USCIS because NOA1 not received ;( Got the receipt number and was told that we cannot get replacement NOA1.

08/21/2008 request for NOA1 for I-130 to file AOS placed over the phone and forwarded to VSC. Thanks to the first great Rep at USCIS hotline

10/17/2008 Hubby`s B-day, NOA1 for I-130 finally arrives!

10/21/2008 AOS sent to Chicago lockbox

10/31/2008 NOAs for AOS received

11/06/2008 I-130 is transferred to CSC

11/20/2008 biometrics done

12/02/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!

01/02/2009 EAD received

02/12/2009 Interview APPROVED!!!

02/17/2009 welcome letter received

02/23/2009 GC received!!! yay!!!

RC

11/18/2010 I-751 Sent to VSC

11/22/2010 NOA1

01/07/2011 Early Bio

01/27/2011 Scheduled Bio

05/11/2011 RC approved

05/17/2011 GC received

Naturalization

11/14/2011 Sent package via Priority to Nebraska SC

11/25/2011 NOA made it

Relocated to NE

04/03/2012 Interview passed!!!

04/10/2012 Oath

04/10/2012 New prints required/done

04/14/2012 Received a welcome packet but still no certificate

04/17/2012 Certificate is here!!!!! Dated 04/16/2012 huh????

KIMCORENE-

I think you are more than good and ready... From recent interview reviews, the IO's like it when one is organized...I labeled my stuff too so i know what to take out of what section....aint nothing wrong with that...and i guess i missed that part of you expecting..Congrats! that baby's first word would be visa journey instead of mummy or daddy...lol..cuz her mummy was on that website alot while she was in her tummy..Again, congrats..that's good news..I am looking forward to the day I become a mummy.. :thumbs:

Congrats to everyone else who received their physical green cards in the mail and for those who are still waiting, CanadianMade, your time is near, dont worry..and everyone else, hang in there..

HAPPY VALENTINE'S EVERYONE..Have a safe weekend..Enjoy!! :dance:

Identity and Citizenship

Passports

Social Security cards

Birth certificates

Interview notice

Copy of I-130 AND I-485

J-1 visa paperwork

Copy of visa

Marriage certificate

Shared Residence

Apartment lease

Utility bills

Joint Finances

Canceled checks

Insurance

Auto Insurance

Health Insurance

Dental Coverage

Affidavit of Support

Form I-864 EZ

2008 W-2

2008 Joint Tax Return

Medical Information

Miscellaneous

Thank you SweetNSexc for the words of encouragement, I hope it will come soon too. CONGRADS to everyone on their recent APPROVALS and getting there green cards and all this good stuff. For those still waiting, everything will work out in the end and waiting sucks believe me, I am tasting a bit of it right now, but I believe everyone will find out something soon. Anyways HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to you all and enjoy your day with your spouses tommorow. Good luck to you SweetNSexc on your interview coming up.

Removal of Conditions

05/20/2011.....................Sent off package today, so now playing the waiting game.(Day 1)

05/28/2011.....................Received NOA/one year extention letter dated 5/23/2011(Day 8)

06/04/2011.....................I got my biometrics letter in the mail, my appointment is for 06/13/2011@11:00am (Day 14)

06/13/2011.....................Biometrics appointment today @Cleveland, Ohio @11:00am (Day 23)

09/20/2011.....................Approved for 10yr green card, wooohooooo next step citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all your help and support throughout my journey. Today I had my AOS interview and it was a success.

Here is my experience:

The waiting area was pretty big and we waited almost an hour to be called (meybe even over an hour, not sure). Our IO was that kind of person whom it is difficult to read, I even thought he was mean in the beginning. Well, when we got to his office there was another guy there and IO explained that we are going to be interviewd by both of them (well, IO will be interviewing and the other guy will be watching). I started freaking out...

After going through our file for not more then 30 sec IO started asking questions like how we met, when we started dating, when deceided to get married. Then he asked us of any joint stuff. Needless to say I was VERY prepared. I put like 12 different folders in front of him plus 3 inch stack of pics. He went probably through 3-4 folders collecting lease papers, bank and credit card ststements, vehicle lien and registration, 2008 tax return, my hubby's and mine employment letters and paystubs. Then he asked me all of those questions "have you ever..." from I-485. He then announced that he is going to approve my application and explained us about removal of conditions. He took my I-94 but never asked for EAD. He gave me a letter stating that I-485 was approved but never offered to stamp my passport (well, maybe because it was expired). And that was it!

T & J

More congratulations!!!

N-400 Journey

June 9th 2012 - Application sent

June 14th 2012 - NOA sent

June 28th - Biometrics letter sent -- July 26th Appointment date

July 12th 2012 - Early Biometrics/Walk-in

August ( ) - Interview letter received -- September 14th Interview date

September 14th 2012 - Interview! Oath date in hand, September 20th @ noon!

Here is my experience:

T & J

CONGRADULATIONS Tanyaru for getting APPROVED for your green card :dance::dance: Thank you for sharing your interview experience with all of us and now you need to go and celebrate your victory.

Sincerely,

Thanks Canadianmade,

Yeah, I'll have party this weekend.

Your welcome Vinacafe, I dont blame you my friend for partying, I will be too once I get my green card.

Removal of Conditions

My wife and daughter received their green cards today!! :dance::dance: Only one minor issue....the exp. dates are different. Lada expires 1/14/11, but Luiza is 10/16/10. Is this normal?? I tried calling the Service Center but went round and round on their IVR. Ugh...

CONGRADS MarkandLada for getting your wifes and daughter green card in the mail. I think you should definately schedule an infopass appointment to resolve the issue.

Removal of Conditions

You booked your tickets already?! I'm too scared! We are planning on going to England in May, but I can't bring myself to get the tickets - stupid, I know since the price will go up! Good for you guys!!!

Yep, booked 'em a month ago as we have the AP now at least. They were down to $700 and the next day I booked but they had shot up to $825 - they are now over $1,000.

We only paid $500 for my daughter to come in the summer for 2 whole months.

Looking forward to getting this interview over us so we can go in peace.

I don't think the passport will matter either and thanks for your input. I think we will be fine in the interview. We were together 3 years before we came here, have plenty of bills, car insurance, home insurance, marriage cert, 3 albums of wedding photos, cards, letters, joint c cards and bank accounts, you name it. But on the day, you just might meet Mr or Mrs Richard Head.

R

I'm keeping my passport like it is and all the american documents on the new name.

So you went to the interview with your old name in your passport and got approved ... kool and the gang.

Very cool, I bet it should be nice to go back home after your interview my friend, I sure cant wait to go back home either once I get my green card. I do hope everything does work out and you guys can go in one peace.

Removal of Conditions

I am getting frustrated no more touches since 1/30th and (biometrics was on the 29th). :(

Hi **LoVe** I am so sorry you are going through so much ####### with USCIS, I dont know why the process is going so crappy for you and I dont blame you for being frustrated at all, waiting arond does suck and I wont say I have experienced what you are experiencing but I am kinda in a limbo right now after my interview 10 days ago and still have no answer, so I know a tiny bit how it feels. I know you will hear something very soon and I pray you do.

CONGRADULATIONS eck2006 for getting your interview letter my friend :dance::dance: , You need to go and prepare for your interview and it is coming up really soon. Good luck to you.

Removal of Conditions

Thanks for the reply. We will make an Infopass appt. On a side note, we are returning to Russia next month, and do I buy her ticket using her Int'l passport (maiden name), or her GC (married name). Thanks again!!

best to make it in the passport name to avoid confusion but you should bring the marriage certificate since it will of course explain the different names.

enjoy your trip. you certainly could also get her new ssn and her new state id/driver license too.

(any chance of getting a new passport in time?)

good luck!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.