Chelle62

ANYONE FROM MAINE

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone, I did do a search and didnt find anything on Maine so if there is and I missed it please let me know. I thought it would be fun to start a thread of us men and women that live in Maine waiting for our k1 or k3 visas to do it together. Also I think it would be fun to hear everyones story .. like how you met, something special about your love etc. Hope to hear from some of you Mainiacs soon...

ChelleKeith

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Good idea Chelle. I was happy to find another person from Maine here, and it would be great to know others. At work so I can't write much now, I will later.

BTW....how's things?

Spring 2006 ~ Met in World of Warcraft

5/07~ Fell in Love

5/29/07 ~ Officially a couple

9/15//07-09/22/07 ~ His first visit

12/29/07 - 1/12/08 ~ His second visit

4/25/08 - 5/5/08 ~ His third visit

5/4/08 ~ Engaged !

8/30/08 ~ 9/6/08 ~ His fourth visit

12/23/08 ~ 01/17/09 ~ His fifth visit

01/06/09 ~ K-1 finally filed!!!!

01/12/09 ~ NOA1

04/10/09 ~ 5 days in London, then 10 days with the in-laws to be in France!

04/25/09 ~ Back home...waiting...

05/28/09 ~ NOA2

08/04/09 ~ Medical

08/11/09 ~ Interview!! ~ APPROVED!!

08/23/09 ~ POE Phillie

10/10/09 ~ Wedding!

Filed: Timeline
Hi everyone, I did do a search and didnt find anything on Maine so if there is and I missed it please let me know. I thought it would be fun to start a thread of us men and women that live in Maine waiting for our k1 or k3 visas to do it together. Also I think it would be fun to hear everyones story .. like how you met, something special about your love etc. Hope to hear from some of you Mainiacs soon...

ChelleKeith

Hi Chelle

I am from Maine and my fiancee is from the UK. We are waiting for his interview date and I have to say are feeling a bit anxious. He will be coming here to live ...as long as we are approved. I'm a new to the site so plz forgive if I'm not up to par as far as timelines and all that. It's great to see someone else from Maine on here.

Jan

Timeline
Good idea Chelle. I was happy to find another person from Maine here, and it would be great to know others. At work so I can't write much now, I will later.

BTW....how's things?

Hiya Sherri,

Things are going ok.. still have the issue of a cosponsor as my boss backed out on us yesterday. I am going to stay positive about it though and believe that everything will work out ok in the end. I am not going to give up as I love my sexy brit and will do whatever it takes for us to have our life together. How are you girl? I am sure you are missing matt and I know that feeling. Be strong and before you know it all this will be in the past. We will have to get together when its all over and go out and celebrate :)

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Timeline

ChelleKeith

Hi Chelle

I am from Maine and my fiancee is from the UK. We are waiting for his interview date and I have to say are feeling a bit anxious. He will be coming here to live ...as long as we are approved. I'm a new to the site so plz forgive if I'm not up to par as far as timelines and all that. It's great to see someone else from Maine on here.

Jan

Hi Jan, Yayyy another mainer.. where abouts are you? I am from the Belfast area. I am in the UK right now with Keith and have been here for almost 4 months. I do miss home though but its not what I had there its the Ocean. I lived right on the ocean and I love to hear the waves, and to feel that fresh sea air. Its my favorite place to be.

When did you start your fiance journey... The time line thingy isnt really that hard but we can help ya if you need it... good luck and post back often so us maine gals and guys can go through this together. :)

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

8899.gif

9057.gif

Timeline

OK now that we have a couple of people here from the great state of Maine I will tell my story and wait anxiously to hear yours :)

Keith and I met on a game called Second Life.. fantastic place by the way :) .. We met on Dec. 15,2006. We started spending all of our time together and became best of friends. I was going through alot in my real life and second life was my escape. I never expected to find such a great person in there and I am blessed that I did.

In the game we got married on feb. 10,2007. If you dont know the game it is fantastic and a good way to spend time with your love. In the game you build a avator .. she or he can look how ever you want them to.. They move around, you can shop in really neat stores and buy clothes, build a house, furnish it.. not like the sims game this is so different. You can go dancing.. you jump on a pose ball and so does he and you waltz together. You can get dressed up in formal gowns and him in a tux and spend the evening together at a club. Its really great... This is where Keith and I spent all of our time apart. We would go on picnics, go to the movies, go dancing or just lay on the bed and hold each other.. I know this probally sounds crazy but until you check it out you wont understand. ANYWAYS ;)

So my life was a mess, Keith gave me the support that I needed and a shoulder to cry on. As each day went by the strength in me began to grow and I was ready to move on in my life. Soo I got a place for me and my girls with Keiths help... He lent me the money to make this move. After the move he mentioned that he might make a trip to see me and of course I said yessss. When he arrived it was so real, when I looked into them gorgeous blue eyes I knew that I loved him, not only did I have the greatest friend ever I had more feelings for him then I thought and he felt the same way.

We spent to wonderful weeks together. site seeing, we went to Bangor , to Bar Harbor , Camden, Rockland and on and on lol. It was fab ... then came the day that he had to return back to the uk.. I went with him to the airport in Bangor and we sat there together for a couple of hours. He held me in his arms the entire time and I tried not to cry as I had promised him I wouldnt. When they called his flight, I tried to stay strong.. we walked up to the gate, he held me close and he told me he loved me but it was time for him to go... it was like in a movie.. I kissed him goodbye , told him I loved him too and then with us still holding hands I turned away and walked and our hands slipped apart. I never looked back as I was crying so hard , I ran to my car and there I sat for over a hour crying my eyes out as I knew he was the man of my dreams. I wondered if it was just a 2 week thing or if he would be back.

Well almost 2 months later we met in boston for a weekend. We had a great time and he came back to Maine with me for 3 weeks. On the way back we stopped at Old Orchard Beach and he got down on one knee and proposed to me, I said yes and he slipped a beautiful diamond onto my finger :)

then the 3 weeks was up and he had to leave again. This time it really wasnt so hard because I knew in my heart he would be back.

In august of 07 Keith came back to Maine and stayed with me for almost 9 months. We was to be married but something happened and he returned back to the uk... this giving him a overstay of 170 days. Making it hard for him to return to me in Maine soo he invited us to join him in the UK while the paperwork is being done.

Our return date is Dec.1 and I pray that the paperwork is done so that he can fly home with us. If not then we will figure it all out when that time comes.

We have had our ups and downs and it seems like this journey has been such a struggle but at the end of the day we love each other and we will get through this and when we are old and gray and sitting on the front porch , in our rocking chairs , looking out over the ocean we will both say ,, we made it baby and know that we did the right thing..

Dont ever give up hope.. I did once but will not do it again.

Ok soooo tell me your story :)))

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello from Southern Maine,

There is another user in my Portal that lives less then a mile from me. I have also seen a picture of a couple by the Old Orhard Beach board walk.

Welcome!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline
Hello from Southern Maine,

There is another user in my Portal that lives less then a mile from me. I have also seen a picture of a couple by the Old Orhard Beach board walk.

Welcome!

Hiya from southern maine and welcome to this topic .... I wonder if that was meeeee by the old orchard beach board walk as that is where my guy proposed to me... Tell us your story as it is so much fun to hear about it...

Where abouts in southern maine are you?

Oh this is getting good lets keep it up !!

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

8899.gif

9057.gif

Timeline

Must have been you then.

I met my husband through a mutual friend. I had made numerous changes in my life and practicing Christianity. He sold busses from the US to the church my husband worked for. I was always joking with him about fixing me up with someone. He was calling me from my husband's country Nigeria one day. I sent him and email to ask what he wanted. He said, "I found your husband". So he sent me pictures and his information. I started emailing and talking over the phone. We talked about getting married, but I would not make that commitment until I met him in person. He set up all the marriage arrangements on that end just in case. I didn't have that excited all in love feeling, but I thought he was someone I should marry. Compared to the many I had that giddy feeling about that went no lace fast. When I met him I had that overwhelming in love feeling immediately. Him and my son hit it off great. He put my son first on everything.

So he had our wedding attire made up in two days. Traditional African attire. He asked me what color I wanted my dress to be. When I picked pink I did not know I was picking the color for everyone.

We were working with a lawyer that delayed our process. I fired him and got back half our money. Now we are in Admin Processing, but it is all in god's hands. His country's embassy are very cautious for fraudulent relationships which are rampid. Many even here on VJ.

Hopefully we are comming to the end of our process. Maybe even by Christmas.

Welcome!

Hiya from southern maine and welcome to this topic .... I wonder if that was meeeee by the old orchard beach board walk as that is where my guy proposed to me... Tell us your story as it is so much fun to hear about it...

Where abouts in southern maine are you?

Oh this is getting good lets keep it up !!

Chelle

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not from Maine, I'm the Canadian. But when all this is said and done, I'll be living in the Hampden/Bangor area. So I figured, I should peep in and say hi :)

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

We're not in Maine but in Massachusetts (well he is, I'm from England), which is right next to Maine... it would be good to meet up with people that have had a similar experience once it's all said and done. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
We're not in Maine but in Massachusetts (well he is, I'm from England), which is right next to Maine... it would be good to meet up with people that have had a similar experience once it's all said and done. :)

Yeah, it would definitely be neat. And from what I've seen, I like Boston lol.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline

Other areas have had successful meet and greats. I would welcome that once my husband is here.

Yeah, it would definitely be neat. And from what I've seen, I like Boston lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hellooo everyone, I am so sorry that I havent been able to reply, We have two computers but the monitor broke on mine and on his for some strange reason it wont let me reply or post in here :( but thankfully my soon to be brother in law found me a monitor so here I am !!!

Welcome to everyone and I so look forward to continueing on this page.

Hey Beans, I am returning to maine on the 1st of december, I will be staying with my oldest daughter for a few weeks while looking for a full time job and a place to live. I will also be living in the Hampden /Bangor area woooot. we need to keep in touch so that when you get here we can meet.

We all need to meet in the summer time. Maine is beautiful then esp. on the coast. It will be so nice to get together and relax and have all of this behind us and have our loves with us :)

Lets tell a little more about ourselves so that we know more :)

I am 46 years old, a mother of 3 daughters ages 29, 16. and 14, I am a grandmother to two little boys ages 8 and 6 :) .. I am so in love with my man and pray that everything works out and that we will be done with this stuff for a while very soon. We are still waiting on the NOA2 but am in hopes to get that this month. time will tell. Not much left to tell lol... ok comon you guys tell me about youuuu

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hellooo everyone, I am so sorry that I havent been able to reply, We have two computers but the monitor broke on mine and on his for some strange reason it wont let me reply or post in here :( but thankfully my soon to be brother in law found me a monitor so here I am !!!

Welcome to everyone and I so look forward to continueing on this page.

Hey Beans, I am returning to maine on the 1st of december, I will be staying with my oldest daughter for a few weeks while looking for a full time job and a place to live. I will also be living in the Hampden /Bangor area woooot. we need to keep in touch so that when you get here we can meet.

We all need to meet in the summer time. Maine is beautiful then esp. on the coast. It will be so nice to get together and relax and have all of this behind us and have our loves with us :)

Lets tell a little more about ourselves so that we know more :)

I am 46 years old, a mother of 3 daughters ages 29, 16. and 14, I am a grandmother to two little boys ages 8 and 6 :) .. I am so in love with my man and pray that everything works out and that we will be done with this stuff for a while very soon. We are still waiting on the NOA2 but am in hopes to get that this month. time will tell. Not much left to tell lol... ok comon you guys tell me about youuuu

Chelle

Hello...

I am not in Maine and neither is my fiancee. She is in Cebu, Philippines right now...and I am in New Hampshire...pretty close to Maine, as far as I can tell.

I'd love to have a meet and greet in Boston, or anywhere else around New England, actually. I think it would be very helpful and perhaps make friendships that can ease the stress of waiting and worrying.

Anyway...

Good luck to all!

Pete and Jocelyn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.