vanyarica

How to reschedule appoinment for N400 Application?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I just received the notice of action stating the date and time of my interview (application for naturalization). It will be on Nov 4, 2008 @ 10Am. Unfortunately I have to live the country for a week and I wont be back until NOv 9'08. Does anyone knew how to reschedule an appoinment and what process to take? I really dont know what to do. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi I just received the notice of action stating the date and time of my interview (application for naturalization). It will be on Nov 4, 2008 @ 10Am. Unfortunately I have to live the country for a week and I wont be back until NOv 9'08. Does anyone knew how to reschedule an appoinment and what process to take? I really dont know what to do. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all!
Make an InfoPass appointment.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It states EXACTLY what to do on the letter--Return the letter (ensure u make a photo copy for urself) and mail it to the USCIS listed on the letter (place where your going for the interview) on mine it is on the bottom left. As well state why you can't attend and request a new date. its that easy!! I had to do it for my Biometrics appt and it all worked out. But as i stated earlier, the instructions are lsited right on the notice they mailed you, was near the end of the 1st paragraph!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It states EXACTLY what to do on the letter--Return the letter (ensure u make a photo copy for urself) and mail it to the USCIS listed on the letter (place where your going for the interview) on mine it is on the bottom left. As well state why you can't attend and request a new date. its that easy!! I had to do it for my Biometrics appt and it all worked out. But as i stated earlier, the instructions are lsited right on the notice they mailed you, was near the end of the 1st paragraph!!

:thumbs: Thanx for your help.. by the way, to request for a new date should I chose the date myself or will they do it themselves.

Timeline

:thumbs: Thanx for your help.. by the way, to request for a new date should I chose the date myself or will they do it themselves.

For my Biometreics i requested a date and i got it. Doesnt hurt to ask!! all they can do is say no,lol

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

You have waited for this important moment of the process to get done with your naturalization and yet you are trying to re schedule this..

Base on previous stories I had, 4 of my friends did reschedule the interview, util now 1 year and half and still have not gotten any schedule.

I would recommend that NEVER CANCEL your interview appointment or else you will never get done with your NATURALIZATION..

You can adjust whatever plans you have and you still have 1 month to plan everything..

Make this interview as FIRST PRIORITY.. as it will take a while to give you another date for interview..

For my Biometreics i requested a date and i got it. Doesnt hurt to ask!! all they can do is say no,lol

This is biometrics.. interview is different... There is a thousand applicants lined up every month.. USCIS does not reschedule date as easy as we think..

Biometrics and interview is different,.. trust me.. they will never reschedule the appointment, they might but it will take a while..

Make this process as your first priority if you want to get your immigration done and headaches to stop..

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The bio notice that we got said you can miss your bio appointment and don't even have to reschedule - you can show up on any wednesday afterward and get it done, for the next 3 months or so. It's really not a big deal.

However, the interview is a different story. I think it would be extremely foolish to reschedule it.

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline

Yes biometrics and interview are different. On my biometrics letter, it didnt give em the option of just showing up, gave me instructions mailing it in and requesting a new date, too easy!! It says the exact same thing on the Naturalization interview letter. Mail this letter to the office 9where your going to have the interview) and request a new date. You dealing with the local office, ur not mailing it back to one of the major ceners. Just ensure you make a photocopy of that letter. I guess some allow USCIS to run their lives, others do not!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On my biometrics letter.........., gave me instructions mailing it in and requesting a new date, too easy!! It says the exact same thing on the Naturalization interview letter. Mail this letter to the office 9where your going to have the interview) and request a new date...

I sent a letter requesting a new date, explaining why I could not make the appointment. Waiting on my interview to be re-scheduled.

Just some advice, from personal experience, read your letter very carefully. On mine, the address where I was to attend for the interview was more detailed (room number etc) than the generic address at the bottom of the interview notice. It did say to send your request to the address "below" but, I strongly recommend including the extra detail such as a room number, if it is available to you. I personally followed their instructions to the letter, with the result my initial letter was "lost", resulting in a not so nice notice that I missed my interview appointment - so, I had to resend the letter with a new cover letter etc, within 30 days - or my application would be administratively closed.

I would not recommend making the decision to request a change to your interview date lightly, but, the option is there if it is necessary for you. "I guess some allow USCIS to run their lives, others do not!".

N400 at California SC, Field office- Los Angeles

Sep 3, 2007 Application Mailed

Sep 12, 2007 - Priority date

Nov 9,2007 - check cashed

Nov 20,2007 - NOA1: "expect to be notified within 425 days of this notice",

Jan 10, 2008 - fingerprints appointment (letter lost due to mailing address receipted incorrectly)

Feb 7, 2008 - fingerprints done (took about 10 min - as a walk-in)

Sept 8, 2008 - Interview date (letter received Jul 18) - rescheduled at my request

Jan 6, 2009 - Interview date

Feb 26, 2009 - Citizenship Oath

*online status "case received Oct 29", no touches showing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.