prettmerz

Hepatitis B positive

22 posts in this topic

Hi to you zugely,

Thank you so much for taking time to reply my serious concern. I am from Philippines, by the way. Do you think this could be a reason to prolong my application or what? (hope it's not)

Is your husband a carrier too like me? My doctor says that mine is not contagious in a casual manner since this is hereditary thing. Please if there's anything or advice that you can give me please let me know...

Again, thank you so much for your reply. It greatly helps.

God bless you and ur family.

prettmerz

Well, My interview is coming up next month. So I guess then we will know for sure. My hubby is a carrier, he just had ultrasounds done last week and blood work. His Dr will write a letter explaining his condition to the immigration DR. You should probably work on that. do hand the immi dr. your results as soon as the question arises about your past medical history and your hep b .

Since your interview is not right now you will have more of an insight once I have mine. I WILL keep you posted. Your fiancee should get vaccinated against Hep B if he/she hasn't. sexual partners and your household members should be all vaccinated against it.

Your dr. is wrong when he says it is genetic. It is not. but your mother probably gave it to you at birth. That could happen. Children get it and pass it on all the time w/o any symptoms. As an early childhood education teacher, I had to get vaccinated against it for the same reason. If you are a female and you ever get pregnant, then they should administer the vaccine to the baby within 12 hours from birth.

what else? Don't worry! just work on getting your medical histoy and a letter from your Dr.

Good Luck

I have great faith in God that everything will be fine.

Hi again zugely,

It's really very nice to hear from you again. Well my fiancee is having his vaccination right away afetr I have advised him to do so. He still has to take the 2nd and the 3rd time for his vaccination. I think I was wrong to say that it's genetic (it's just my conclusion, not from my Dr.) but from what I've realized that we got it from my mother coz when I tried to ask my brother and my sister to check theirselves if they are positive too then the result is positive. The test given to them is the HBsAG test like mine. But what's amazing is that my Dad is "negative" on this. It's just the 3 of us (my siblings).

Yes zugely, I take your advice. I should ask my DR then to write a letter to the immig. Dr.

Thank you for assuring me more insights after you will have your interview. I'm so excited to hear from you after the interview.

I'll pray for your success in the interview my friend. Good luck and God bless to you and ur loveones...

prettmerz :)

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
First thing, Hepatitis is not a genetic disease.

for the record, hep b is a category of varying diseases that are grouped by a set of similar characteristics. a few of these diseases are hereditary, and most are transmissible through serum sharing. it is only the presence of another STD enabled "entry point", usually herpes, that makes them transmissible through sex.

of course, hep c, malaria, and HIV presence within the body will lower the required contact level for acquired infection severely. this is the reason there is so much AIDS in equatorial africa. everybody there already has malaria. so, a few generations of DDT, and aids in africa just goes pfft, and nearly vanishes. thank the lovely tree huggers who arranged it's banning for the deaths of millions of african children each year by malaria, and the endemic aids that exists in africa today.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello girl, I think you don't have to worry because my sister is in the same situation like you, Her Hepa B is not communicable, she also a carrier but look she's in California now, She also worried and nervous during her medical but she passed it, So don't worry OK, gudluck to your journey

Hi to you. . .

I'm so glad to have a reply from you and somehoe enlightens my spirit. So wud you know how did your sister make it? Is he from Philippines too like me? What were the things that St. Luke required her? When did her visa granted, i mean what year? Sorry if I have so many questions...you just didn't know how happy I am to have got ut reply.

Please write me back if you can. Right now, I'm planning to undergo hepa panel again for me to have recent copy and will continue my taking of the supplement vitamins.

Hope you can help me.. Thank you so much.. God bless you and your love ones always. . .

prettmerz :innocent::mellow:

What were the things that St. Luke required her

*Her old medical clearance just bring your clearance to make sure,

When did her visa granted,

*3 days after her Interview, year 2006

Is he from Philippines too like me?

*yes she also a Pinay like you and me..

As I remember she is taking LIVERAID while she is waiting on her Interview and some supplement that I don't remember,

Just consult to a Doctor while you still have time, Gudluck

• 2 years later...

Hi Everyone!

I know...it's beeeeeeeeeen a long time! But just to let you all know that I MADE IT! Yayyy! I arrived here in US Oct 2009.

For anybody who has same issue with mine, just please read this thread. Or message me, I will gladly help you. And don't forget to PRAY.

Trust me, it greatly helps.

I wish everyone a good health. God bless us. :innocent:

<!--quoteo(post=2260952:date=Sep 30 2008, 08:22 AM:name=prettmerz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (prettmerz @ Sep 30 2008, 08:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2260952"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi to you zugely,

Thank you so much for taking time to reply my serious concern. I am from Philippines, by the way. Do you think this could be a reason to prolong my application or what? (hope it's not)

Is your husband a carrier too like me? My doctor says that mine is not contagious in a casual manner since this is hereditary thing. Please if there's anything or advice that you can give me please let me know...

Again, thank you so much for your reply. It greatly helps.

God bless you and ur family.

prettmerz<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, My interview is coming up next month. So I guess then we will know for sure. My hubby is a carrier, he just had ultrasounds done last week and blood work. His Dr will write a letter explaining his condition to the immigration DR. You should probably work on that. do hand the immi dr. your results as soon as the question arises about your past medical history and your hep b .

Since your interview is not right now you will have more of an insight once I have mine. I WILL keep you posted. Your fiancee should get vaccinated against Hep B if he/she hasn't. sexual partners and your household members should be all vaccinated against it.

Your dr. is wrong when he says it is genetic. It is not. but your mother probably gave it to you at birth. That could happen. Children get it and pass it on all the time w/o any symptoms. As an early childhood education teacher, I had to get vaccinated against it for the same reason. If you are a female and you ever get pregnant, then they should administer the vaccine to the baby within 12 hours from birth.

what else? Don't worry! just work on getting your medical histoy and a letter from your Dr.

Good Luck

I have great faith in God that everything will be fine.

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I know...it's beeeeeeeeeen a long time! But just to let you all know that I MADE IT! Yayyy! I arrived here in US Oct 2009.

For anybody who has same issue with mine, just please read this thread. Or message me, I will gladly help you. And don't forget to PRAY.

Trust me, it greatly helps.

I wish everyone a good health. God bless us. :innocent:

hi can u tell me what did u do during ur medical interview? im hepa be carrier too what documents did u bring?? please i need ur help here.. thanks

• 8 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi i just filled papers for my husband I-130 this month. I already received my 797. Im thinking about filling for the I-129f.

My husband has Hepatitis b, we would like to know what should we do to up the chances on not being denied. what kind of test should we do? what is our other concern?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Embassy/Consulate forum to General Immigration Discussion (topic is general); thread reported to Moderation team for possible "zombie" closure because OP hasn't logged on to VJ since last post (4 Oct 2011) and people are seeking information here. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.