prettmerz

Hepatitis B positive

22 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! Hope everyone out there can help me.

Me and my fiancee has this concern about Hepatitis B. I am positve on this, it's an in-born thing and genetic in our family. I'm just a carrier but I'm not communicable. Will this be a problem for a denied visa to US? Wud you know anybody having this kind of problem? What shall the things do you think we shall do? I am very much worried really about this. Now we are waiting for the NOA2, but am very much afraid if later this will be the cause of denied visa when the time will come for me for the medical. Does anyone knows same case with me? Please help...

Please if you have any suggestion or advice, then that would be greatly appreciated by us.

Thank you. . . God bless you all VJ members! :innocent:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Me and my fiancee has this concern about Hepatitis B. I am positve on this, it's an in-born thing and genetic in our family. I'm just a carrier but I'm not communicable. Will this be a problem for a denied visa to US? Wud you know anybody having this kind of problem? What shall the things do you think we shall do? I am very much worried really about this. Now we are waiting for the NOA2, but am very much afraid if later this will be the cause of denied visa when the time will come for me for the medical. Does anyone knows same case with me? Please help...

Please if you have any suggestion or advice, then that would be greatly appreciated by us.

Hi! While waiting for your NOA2, maybe you go to your doctor and inquire for the best cure. Your Doc. can advise you what you will do, if you'll undergo medications or not.. Don't worry! Take care and GOD bless you.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

many ways to get hep b.

the most common method is through shared blood or other "serum" transmission. some diseases diagnose nearly identically. wilson's disease comes to mind. if you have been previously been daignosed with a hereditary disease that will diagnose as hep b symptomology, a doctor's notice may be of use. you may be able to discuss this issue with a doctor at the USCIS accredited hospital in your home country where the pre-interview examination will be held to determine what their acceptance standard is.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ask your doctor for a medical report/abstract concerning your medical history (Hepa B-carrier). And bring this during your medical examination. Hepatitis B screening is not included on the medical exam anyways. The physician who will see you will just need your medical clearance, so better have it.

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Well, I am sort of in the same boat. I have done legal research and everything I can think of. I have not found much. NOT ONE CASE DENIED FOR THIS. From my understanding you should get your medical records and blood work records before you go to your medical exam. That's what my hubby is doing today, in fact.

I read information from the CDC that: No-one should be denied on the basis of hep b . but I do understand that part of the inelligibilities listed include that you can be denied if you are likely to become public charge. This is the reason why I told my husband to be truthfull and take as many of his medical records, ultrasound and blood work to the IV medical, so that the civil surgeon can SEE that he is a healthy man.

I printed the medical exam and the question will rise up as part of the past medical history. There is also a part where if you lie you will get caught because the physician will have to mark if there are any inconsistences in the medical exam and past medical history.

THE biggies are: hiv,syphillis and active tb. even inactive tb as it is a class b condition. Even though there is a chance that HIV may be taken out of the list for diseases of public health significance. Presindent bush and the congress signed a bill asking for an end to the ban for HIV in the us. but nothing will be done until the Center for Disease control and prevention changes the list.

for right now:

All I can do is pray!. From what I have read it should not be a problem even with the vaccine. If I have interpreted well: even though it is a required vaccine, there is a part in the vaccine report that that says : (mark if there is a history, or if lab shows that you are immune to the virus) . Hep b stays in your body, so you basically are immune to the virus, what would be the point of giving you the vaccine. Keep me updated!

I guess I can do the same.

Please if anyone knows anything else, please let me know.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello girl, I think you don't have to worry because my sister is in the same situation like you, Her Hepa B is not communicable, she also a carrier but look she's in California now, She also worried and nervous during her medical but she passed it, So don't worry OK, gudluck to your journey

First thing, Hepatitis is not a genetic disease. Hepatitis B is caused by a virus and can be spread through blood, sex. Who diagnosed you as having hepatitis B? Did your doctor checked your hepatitis profile (quantitative and not just qualitative test)? If you have Hepatitis B Ab (antibodies) then that means you've been exposed to someone who had hepatitis B or your mother had hepatitis B and passed it on to you (transplacental). But if you are Hepatits B Ag positive (HBsAg), then you have the disease and is therefore can be transmitted to your partner. Your Doctor will have to determine also the other types of Hepatitis A, C, D, E, etc... and your ALT and AST level, because only through this that your Doctor can determine if you will need treatment and candidate for the anti-viral medicine (to slow down the replication of the virus and possibly seroconvert you), or if you will be needing Interferon. Problem with Chronic Hepatitis B is the possibility of having Liver Cancer. I am not trying to scare you, but you do need to be checked and have your doctor make you a medical certification, stating the type of hepatits you have and treatment that he/she will be giving you.

In Reference from the TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS:

Communicable Diseases of Public Health Significance

1. active tuberculosis,
  2. human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection,
  3. infectious syphilis,
  4. chancroid,
  5. gonorrhea,
  6. granuloma inguinale,
  7. lymphogranuloma venereum,
  8. and Hansen's disease (leprosy)).
Applicants with any of these diseases were excludable. The new law refers to these as "communicable diseases of public health significance."

Hepatitis is not included, so you can relax. They only require applicants to have Vaccinations for Hepatitis, but in your case, if you have the antibodies and the qualitative results is already high, then you don't need to have the vaccine. There is one Filipino applicant who is also hepatitis B positive and he only showed the Panel Physician a copy of his medical certificate (diagnosis and treatment) and he passed his medical exam. So don't worry too much. Good Luck and God Bless.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Hi! While waiting for your NOA2, maybe you go to your doctor and inquire for the best cure. Your Doc. can advise you what you will do, if you'll undergo medications or not.. Don't worry! Take care and GOD bless you.

Hello girl, I think you don't have to worry because my sister is in the same situation like you, Her Hepa B is not communicable, she also a carrier but look she's in California now, She also worried and nervous during her medical but she passed it, So don't worry OK, gudluck to your journey

Hi to you. . .

I'm so glad to have a reply from you and somehoe enlightens my spirit. So wud you know how did your sister make it? Is he from Philippines too like me? What were the things that St. Luke required her? When did her visa granted, i mean what year? Sorry if I have so many questions...you just didn't know how happy I am to have got ut reply.

Please write me back if you can. Right now, I'm planning to undergo hepa panel again for me to have recent copy and will continue my taking of the supplement vitamins.

Hope you can help me.. Thank you so much.. God bless you and your love ones always. . .

prettmerz :innocent::mellow:

ask your doctor for a medical report/abstract concerning your medical history (Hepa B-carrier). And bring this during your medical examination. Hepatitis B screening is not included on the medical exam anyways. The physician who will see you will just need your medical clearance, so better have it.

Hi to you. . .

I am so glad reading your advice regarding my positive hep b.. Thank you so much.

Did you know someone from Philippines having situation like mine too? like he/she will just present the certificate saying that i'm just okay and that i'm just a carrier and not contagious in a casual manner?

Please help me, we are really so worried about this.

Thank you and God bless you and ur family. . . :-)

prettmerz

Well, I am sort of in the same boat. I have done legal research and everything I can think of. I have not found much. NOT ONE CASE DENIED FOR THIS. From my understanding you should get your medical records and blood work records before you go to your medical exam. That's what my hubby is doing today, in fact.

I read information from the CDC that: No-one should be denied on the basis of hep b . but I do understand that part of the inelligibilities listed include that you can be denied if you are likely to become public charge. This is the reason why I told my husband to be truthfull and take as many of his medical records, ultrasound and blood work to the IV medical, so that the civil surgeon can SEE that he is a healthy man.

I printed the medical exam and the question will rise up as part of the past medical history. There is also a part where if you lie you will get caught because the physician will have to mark if there are any inconsistences in the medical exam and past medical history.

THE biggies are: hiv,syphillis and active tb. even inactive tb as it is a class b condition. Even though there is a chance that HIV may be taken out of the list for diseases of public health significance. Presindent bush and the congress signed a bill asking for an end to the ban for HIV in the us. but nothing will be done until the Center for Disease control and prevention changes the list.

for right now:

All I can do is pray!. From what I have read it should not be a problem even with the vaccine. If I have interpreted well: even though it is a required vaccine, there is a part in the vaccine report that that says : (mark if there is a history, or if lab shows that you are immune to the virus) . Hep b stays in your body, so you basically are immune to the virus, what would be the point of giving you the vaccine. Keep me updated!

I guess I can do the same.

Please if anyone knows anything else, please let me know.

Hi to you zugely,

Thank you so much for taking time to reply my serious concern. I am from Philippines, by the way. Do you think this could be a reason to prolong my application or what? (hope it's not)

Is your husband a carrier too like me? My doctor says that mine is not contagious in a casual manner since this is hereditary thing. Please if there's anything or advice that you can give me please let me know...

Again, thank you so much for your reply. It greatly helps.

God bless you and ur family.

prettmerz

First thing, Hepatitis is not a genetic disease. Hepatitis B is caused by a virus and can be spread through blood, sex. Who diagnosed you as having hepatitis B? Did your doctor checked your hepatitis profile (quantitative and not just qualitative test)? If you have Hepatitis B Ab (antibodies) then that means you've been exposed to someone who had hepatitis B or your mother had hepatitis B and passed it on to you (transplacental). But if you are Hepatits B Ag positive (HBsAg), then you have the disease and is therefore can be transmitted to your partner. Your Doctor will have to determine also the other types of Hepatitis A, C, D, E, etc... and your ALT and AST level, because only through this that your Doctor can determine if you will need treatment and candidate for the anti-viral medicine (to slow down the replication of the virus and possibly seroconvert you), or if you will be needing Interferon. Problem with Chronic Hepatitis B is the possibility of having Liver Cancer. I am not trying to scare you, but you do need to be checked and have your doctor make you a medical certification, stating the type of hepatits you have and treatment that he/she will be giving you.

1. active tuberculosis,
  3. infectious syphilis,
  4. chancroid,
  5. gonorrhea,
  6. granuloma inguinale,
Applicants with any of these diseases were excludable. The new law refers to these as "communicable diseases of public health significance."

Hepatitis is not included, so you can relax. They only require applicants to have Vaccinations for Hepatitis, but in your case, if you have the antibodies and the qualitative results is already high, then you don't need to have the vaccine. There is one Filipino applicant who is also hepatitis B positive and he only showed the Panel Physician a copy of his medical certificate (diagnosis and treatment) and he passed his medical exam. So don't worry too much. Good Luck and God Bless.

Hi vsmtqhdy,

I am so glad receiving a reply from you. I would like to thank you for imparting your ideas very well about my hep b positive. Thank you very much for taking time.

I've been already tested for 3 hepa panels already last time and the latest was last year. But for this year not yet. Yes, my doctor issued me already a certification saying that i'm not contagious to anybody in a casual manner. Will I need an updated hepa panel test for this year so as for me to bring that on my intwerview later? (hope so..)

Will this be an issue or will prolong my application soon? Or shall I inquire to St. Luke Clinic itself for verification?

Am so excited for us (my husband to be) to be together real soon...but I'm not really sure if what really lies to me ahead...

Hope you can advise me again. That can really help a lot. Again, thank you so much...

You have a nice day and God bless you and your family. :)

prettmerz

1. active tuberculosis,
  3. infectious syphilis,
  4. chancroid,
  5. gonorrhea,
  6. granuloma inguinale,

Hi vsmtqhdy,

I am so glad receiving a reply from you. I would like to thank you for imparting your ideas very well about my hep b positive. Thank you very much for taking time.

I've been already tested for 3 hepa panels already last time and the latest was last year. But for this year not yet. Yes, my doctor issued me already a certification saying that i'm not contagious to anybody in a casual manner. Will I need an updated hepa panel test for this year so as for me to bring that on my intwerview later? (hope so..)

Will this be an issue or will prolong my application soon? Or shall I inquire to St. Luke Clinic itself for verification?

Am so excited for us (my husband to be) to be together real soon...but I'm not really sure if what really lies to me ahead...

Hope you can advise me again. That can really help a lot. Again, thank you so much...

You have a nice day and God bless you and your family. :)

prettmerz[/font]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to you. . .

I am so glad reading your advice regarding my positive hep b.. Thank you so much.

Did you know someone from Philippines having situation like mine too? like he/she will just present the certificate saying that i'm just okay and that i'm just a carrier and not contagious in a casual manner?

Please help me, we are really so worried about this.

Thank you and God bless you and ur family. . . :-)

prettmerz

Hi! I personally don't know anyone dealing with the same problem as you have. But I have a background that made me answer your post. Also, if you will take time to read the posts here in VJ related to Hepa B you will find your answer. Being a Hepa B carrier is not a ground for your visa denial.

No need to worry. You just go to your doctor ask for your a written form of your medical history, your hepa profile results, liver ultrasound if done, and your treatment (in short a medical certificate). It is a good decision for you to take the hepa screening test again, bring the result and your previous hepa profile. The medical examiner only needs a proof from you saying that you have been seen by a physician, undergone medical exams and treatment and you are fit. Also have them photocopied for your persocal copy in future references.

During the Medical exam the physician will just ask you of your past medical illnesses, when you mention you are Hepa B carrier show that medical certificate in pronto. The doctor will review it and put notes on your paper and she/he will make recommendations. Remember, Hepa B is not a ground for visa denial. There are so many posts here related to your inquiry, read through them it will help you a lot.

God bless you too!

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Hi to you zugely,

Thank you so much for taking time to reply my serious concern. I am from Philippines, by the way. Do you think this could be a reason to prolong my application or what? (hope it's not)

Is your husband a carrier too like me? My doctor says that mine is not contagious in a casual manner since this is hereditary thing. Please if there's anything or advice that you can give me please let me know...

Again, thank you so much for your reply. It greatly helps.

God bless you and ur family.

prettmerz

Well, My interview is coming up next month. So I guess then we will know for sure. My hubby is a carrier, he just had ultrasounds done last week and blood work. His Dr will write a letter explaining his condition to the immigration DR. You should probably work on that. do hand the immi dr. your results as soon as the question arises about your past medical history and your hep b .

Since your interview is not right now you will have more of an insight once I have mine. I WILL keep you posted. Your fiancee should get vaccinated against Hep B if he/she hasn't. sexual partners and your household members should be all vaccinated against it.

Your dr. is wrong when he says it is genetic. It is not. but your mother probably gave it to you at birth. That could happen. Children get it and pass it on all the time w/o any symptoms. As an early childhood education teacher, I had to get vaccinated against it for the same reason. If you are a female and you ever get pregnant, then they should administer the vaccine to the baby within 12 hours from birth.

what else? Don't worry! just work on getting your medical histoy and a letter from your Dr.

Good Luck

I have great faith in God that everything will be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.