angela920

NVC is weird! Is this a form of discrimination?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

the second one... just because im not the petitioner. I'll try calling them later after his work so he can listen and let him call them when im done.... if they say no to me and yes to him with the same birth date.. then it will be confirmed. I just really hope it's not the case because it will really make me feel bad.

I'm the beneficiary and I have managed to get information out of NVC - they have always been really helpful. So they obviously do give information out to some beneficiaries and not just the petitioner.

Timeline

it all started when i called them first using the CIS receipt number to get our MNL case number. So they said...'oh you got his date of birth incorrect and you need him to call us to verify' and i was like yey! finally NVC got it after 2 months of waiting! So my fiance called them (I was listening through yahoo) told them the same thing and he got the MNL case number and was told that its on its way to here.

So today, I called them to ask the status.. I got the same response... 'oh you got his birth date wrong and can't give out info" I was like again... 'he just called you guys last night and told you the same thing and he got our MNL case number' and the lady said.. 'im sorry but its not right in our system cant give out more info'

Confusing isn't it?

'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
it all started when i called them first using the CIS receipt number to get our MNL case number. So they said...'oh you got his date of birth incorrect and you need him to call us to verify' and i was like yey! finally NVC got it after 2 months of waiting! So my fiance called them (I was listening through yahoo) told them the same thing and he got the MNL case number and was told that its on its way to here.

So today, I called them to ask the status.. I got the same response... 'oh you got his birth date wrong and can't give out info" I was like again... 'he just called you guys last night and told you the same thing and he got our MNL case number' and the lady said.. 'im sorry but its not right in our system cant give out more info'

Confusing isn't it?

'

I just thought of something.

Since you have spoken to many operators and always get the same response - could it be that the first time you called you, by mistake, gave them the wrong birthdate?

If that were so, they may have jotted it down on the file, which they now see when you call - so what they are really saying is:

- The first time you called us you gave us the wrong birthdate - so we are not going to give you information over the phone

as opposed to

- You did not state his birth date correctly today.

Maybe?

i think you are right.. oh well.. i wouldn't let this thing get to me.

It's good that you're not letting this get to you. :unsure:

Your fiance got what you needed, let it go.

Timeline

thank you trail mix for your reply.... there is no way that i would have my fiance's date of birth incorrect. It's impossible. I think to confirm this... I will just wait til my fiance gets home today and i will call them and then let him listen and once im done I will have him call them. If they say yes to him and no to me with the same date of birth... then...It will be confirmed.

If I was that lady at NVC, I would have said "Since your fiance got what you needed last night... why are you STILL calling? goodbye"

Jeez... it seems a lot of people on here have a serious case of OCD.

Edited by kid brooklyn

Timeline
thank you trail mix for your reply.... there is no way that i would have my fiance's date of birth incorrect. It's impossible. I think to confirm this... I will just wait til my fiance gets home today and i will call them and then let him listen and once im done I will have him call them. If they say yes to him and no to me with the same date of birth... then...It will be confirmed.

It is possible :lol:

After listening to all that stuff on the pre-recorded message and then finally getting through and being able to speak to someone - it's an easy mistake to make.

I did it and I have been married to my Husband for over 8 years - I know very well what his birthdate is.

What I would do, if I were you, I would have my Husband call and ask them if they have a note on file not to give you any information as you gave them the wrong birthdate once (your first call probably) - I think that will clear up the mystery!

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

If I was that lady at NVC, I would have said "Since your fiance got what you needed last night... why are you STILL calling? goodbye"

I know what you are trying to say... I'm just frustrated because we waited for more than two months to even have our papers reach NVC, so please try to understand if i got paranoid when they told me they have a different birth date in their system. We just don't want another delay. We filed January and we are just reaching NVC now.

Timeline

I know what you are trying to say... I'm just frustrated because we waited for more than two months to even have our papers reach NVC, so please try to understand if i got paranoid when they told me they have a different birth date in their system. We just don't want another delay. We filed January and we are just reaching NVC now.

So what did you find out??

Timeline

so we tried calling this morning through conference call.. so when the lady told me that they have a different date in their system that's the time my fiance talked to them... Even him confirming his own birth date she still couldnt assist us and transferred us to a supervisor but unfortunately she said there was no supervisor around and she hung up on us. :( So i guess if they already send the papers here to the embassy it wouldnt be our fault.. its theirs so we're thinking that I just bring his original passport with me during my interview. Either way.. it's them who committed a mistake not us.

what do you think? i guess they are really incompetent people. To think that somebody gave us our MNL case number already using the same birth date. So my fiance and I are done calling them so If i get the notice from the consul with his wrong birth date I'll just bring his passport.

Edited by melissa/martin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.