Jasman0717

Cheating

133 posts in this topic

I have a lot of friends married to Filipinas and so far about 75% of the Filipinas have cheated on their husbands. Is this a normal thing in the Philippines? One friend treated his wife like a queen and she still got a boyfriend on the side and was even renting an apartment for him using my friend's money. I just don't understand this cheating thing. I am going to have long discussions with my wife but wanted to get feedback here on this board too.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that this can happen when a young woman is with a very much older foreign man. Perhaps the young woman would really prefer to be with a Filipino man, but he has no money.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

bad people are everwhere.. also cheating girlfriends or whatever are everywhere.. It's not only filipina could be other race too..

it just depends on the person, they having a relationship with.. that's why they have to know their partners first before anything else..

snxcq70j3.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They say the same thing about Jamaican men.

I don't think you can generalize the behavior. It happens in all demographics.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have a lot of friends married to Filipinas and so far about 75% of the Filipinas have cheated on their husbands. Is this a normal thing in the Philippines? One friend treated his wife like a queen and she still got a boyfriend on the side and was even renting an apartment for him using my friend's money. I just don't understand this cheating thing. I am going to have long discussions with my wife but wanted to get feedback here on this board too.

I am Filipina married to a USC. I have recently gotten my EAD & SS. I can work and earn my own money more than what my husband earns. In my opinion, those cheating women only married their husbands in the first place just to be able to get something from them like money or green card. I consider your friend's wife a liar and a thief and your friend has been deceived from the very start. I believe in a monogamous relationship and karma. If there will come a time that I or my husband is not happy anymore with our marriage and the possibility of working it out is not going to happen, I will let my husband know how I feel and ask for a divorce before starting any new relationship with someone else.

05/18/07 married

05/29/07 sent I-130s for me & my daughter at CSC

06/16/07 checks for I-130 cashed

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

06/25/07 check for I-129f cashed

06/29/07 transferred I-129f to CSC

07/03/07 received noa1 in the mail for I-129f

10/31/07 approved K3 and my I-130 except for my daughter

11/05/07 received NOA2 in the mail

12/01/07 received mail from NVC/yey we got our case number

12/20/07 went to St. Lukes and had my early medical exam

01/30/08 schedule for medical

02/07/08 interview, approved!

02/12/08 visa pick-up/cfo

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/19/08 AOS mailed thru USPS

06/22/08 AOS delivered to Chicago IL

06/28/08 check cashed

06/30/08 received NOA1 dated 06/25/08

07/26/08 biometrics appointment

09/09/08 received EAD card in the mail

12/03/08 received interview letter for Jan 21 2009

01/21/09 approved for conditional permanent residence

02/02/09 permanent residence card arrived in the mail

10/21/10 submit form to remove conditions

01/21/11 10 year gc received

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

03/06/12 received email that they have my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. My husband is 21 yrs my senior. I married him because I love him and I wanna grow old with him. We promise to stay together through thick and thin. Whatever problems that will come our way we will solve it in our own special way.

I agree that it's not only Filipina but also people from other countries. I suggest that before you get married you investigate and really know the background of the lady you are going to spend your life with. Just be vigilant and use common sense.

Timeline

It wasn't clear from your posting question or your friends situation, but I'm wondering if you're asking in the context of a continuing LDR (e.g. married and filing for K3 visa) rather than currently co-habitating. Personally, I think this makes a difference in the statistics also. I think a lot more of what you describes happens when the couple remains seperated and have heard of instances of this from my wife.

K1 Visa Process
USPS Express Mail I-129F Package sent to USCIS VT Service Center 07/05/07
NOA-1 Received: Notice Date 07/11/07
NOA-2 Received: Notice Date 11/20/07
Medical conducted 12/21, 26, 28/07, 01/02/08
USEM Interview conducted 01/04/08
Visas picked up at USEM (request non-delivery) 01/08/08
Family (Mom & kids) arrive Washington, DC 01/13/08

AOS Process
USPS Priority Mail package to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 03/14/08
Arrived Chicago Lockbox 03/16/08
Checks Cashed for AOS fees 04/24/08
NOA1s received 04/25/08
Biometrics (spouse & 3 kids) 05/14/08
AOS transferred to CSC 05/23/08

Timeline

long distance relationship is really a risk..it's a hard work and big commitment to do.there a lots of things could be happened like cheating and infidelity.to make the relationship really sincere and honest , the two people really works on it..Trust their relationship even how many miles they are because love conquers all.

i have known some filipina cheated on their American bf while having a Filipino bf in the Philippines too. i wonder why these girls want to have a long distance relationship if they still want pinoy as their lover. There's only one answer of that and that is MONEY and there intention is not genuine. If you value the relationship with someone there's no reason to cheat and there's no place for cheater in the relationship.

K-1 TIMELINE

Feb . 01, 2007- met online

Sept. 12, 2007-first met in person( He came to the PHil for the 1st time, stayed for 2 weeks)

Sept. 20, 2007- "ENGAGEMENT DAY"

Sept. 25,2007- fly back to Georgia, USA

October 17, 2007- Send Papers to USCIS

November 7- USCIS received our papers.

November 14-2007- received the NOA1

Feb. 9, 2008-USCIS aprroved the petition.

Feb. 15, 2008- NOA 2 received and manila case number.

March 28, 2008- MY MEDICAL EXAM( it took 2 days to have your med exam)

April 4, 2008- THE MOMENT DAY- MY INTERVIEW ( mixed emotions i had during this day)

April 14, 2008- still waiting my visa until this time. ( I keep my faith and prayers always to God)

April 29, 2008- My fiancee called the US embassy to follow up my visa, and Lorraine told himvisa is approved!!

April 29, 2008- Delbros texted me that my visa is ready for delivery.

May 2, 2008- visa on hand ( Thanks God)

May 6, 2008- Fly to Manila for my CFO seminar.

May 7, 2008- I arrived in LAX airport & finally met my mahal again after 8 months away from each other.

May 8, 2008- Finally I arrived in Georgia ( my home, my new place, my new life, my new country)

July28, 2008 - MY BIG DAY!!

"Believe that the best will happen everyday,be aware that even trials are gifts to make us strong enough to face life!!!!

Mike & Chris

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thats why one should really get to know their partner before going into marriage..if someone goes into marriage right away, say aftr a few a months of having a bf/gf relationship and the cheating suddenly happen, the victim always end up saying.." why??"..

the answer is...cus they dont REALLY love you.

true love takes time to grow... it takes time to develop... it takes time to get stronger....and true love never hurts.

you'd rather get the true ones than the fake ones eh?

**for the thread's concern: old people, just be cautious when falling inlove with a very young one.

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am going to have long discussions with my wife but wanted to get feedback here on this board too.

I would approach that subject carefully. Do you have some reason to believe your wife is in the 75% majority? Do you fear she could cheat on you in the future given the right circumstances? Otherwise it may just piss her off.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I am going to have long discussions with my wife but wanted to get feedback here on this board too.

I would approach that subject carefully. Do you have some reason to believe your wife is in the 75% majority? Do you fear she could cheat on you in the future given the right circumstances? Otherwise it may just piss her off.

Why would she be pissed if her husband wants to talk to her about cheating? It's not like he's accusing her of it...

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

and also you have to choose one who fears God.. because if they are God fearing person, They would cheat on their partners.

I'm sure you meant to say, 'they wound not cheat on their partners' ... And I'm not trying to start anything by saying this... But, I'll have to disagree with that (personal experience :whistle: ).

Tempation can get a hold of anyone and just becuase one says they are God fearing, doesn't mean they are immune to cheating.

Ingats!!

"No saan nga makaammo nga nangtaliaw ti naggapuanna, Saan a makadanon ti papananna..."

*04/23/10 - GC recieved in the mail!! d( -_-)b
*07/30/12 - ROC Approved!!
*08/08/12 - 10/yr GC received in the mail!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.