5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone here at VJ’s,

Well I it’s going to be 8 months since we went to our last interview and still, nada. So I decided to write a letter to the first lady, Senator Hillary Clinton, Ombudsman, and my 2 state representatives. I figure one of them (staff members) will contact the USCIS and get this case moving again, I mean this case it’s taking forever… well since 2002 (it seems like for ever because my husband has not seen his family for about a decade and I feel so helpless). O.K. I’m rambling!

I got a response from Hillary’s office, and the first lady; their personnel have contacted me to inform me that the have sent a letter to the USCIS in an effort to figure out why this case is taking this long and the status of the case, they said that they will inform me as soon as they get a response.

The interviewing officers (well our last interview on February) were so angry at the fact that I had gone to my congressman’s for help when the cased was Denied. They told us in a very condescending voice that they wanted to make sure that the case was reopen for the right reason and not because of someone’s need to please my congressman. Did you guys think that I did the right thing? Or is that just going to aggravate matters further?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

do what you need to do... if the application is approvable it needs to be approved.

Why you 2 state representatives? only ones that can help are your US Senators and US congress people

YMMV

Filed: Timeline
do what you need to do... if the application is approvable it needs to be approved.

Why you 2 state representatives? only ones that can help are your US Senators and US congress people

Well, on a previous post a few members of this forum said that they had better luck contacting their state reps. than with their congressman's. Like I said before I was just trying to see... hoping that anyone would respond to my letter and help us out. I have tried calling the USCIS costumer serv. line to see if they can give me and update on the case but they were... (I don't know how to sugar code this) been useless. The Last time we tried we kept getting transfer from one extension to another to end up telling us, zilch.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, on a previous post a few members of this forum said that they had better luck contacting their state reps. than with their congressman's. Like I said before I was just trying to see... hoping that anyone would respond to my letter and help us out. I have tried calling the USCIS costumer serv. line to see if they can give me and update on the case but they were... (I don't know how to sugar code this) been useless. The Last time we tried we kept getting transfer from one extension to another to end up telling us, zilch.

If by state reps you mean your 2 US Senator then I agree....

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.