9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I'm currently completing the entire I-485 package for my wife and I'm little confused about the I-693Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. When my wife applied for the K1 visa, she did all the medicals but all the papers (the envelope that she wasn't allowed to open) have been collected at her arrival point in the US. All she has now is a little paper stated all her vaccination which is not even translated in English. I have no clue what to do in that case, should I mail the package wiothout medical proof or just send the vaccination paper we have. Is it common that immigration officer at the airport collects all the medical tests?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She need to find a CIvil Surgeon to have the vaccinations that she had be transcribe to I-693 form. On I-693 form Part I (information about herself), then Part 2 Section 5 (for the vaccination part) and lastly Part 5 to be signed by the Civil Surgeon. He will then put the signed I-693 to a sealed envelope then you will have to include this with your I-485 application also add a copy of the vaccination document worksheet (DS-3025) that she acquired from her home country "the little paper"? :unsure: Good luck :thumbs:

Civil Surgeon locator https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV Make sure to tell them you're done with medical so they wont tell you to have another one. And with regards to vaccine requirements looks like she doesnt need it too. SO realistically, it will just take you about $20 for him to transcribe the vaccinations acquired to the I-693.

Edited by richo

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Timeline
She need to find a CIvil Surgeon to have the vaccinations that she had be transcribe to I-693 form. On I-693 form Part I (information about herself), then Part 2 Section 5 (for the vaccination part) and lastly Part 5 to be signed by the Civil Surgeon. He will then put the signed I-693 to a sealed envelope then you will have to include this with your I-485 application also add a copy of the vaccination document worksheet (DS-3025) that she acquired from her home country "the little paper"? :unsure: Good luck :thumbs:

Civil Surgeon locator https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV Make sure to tell them you're done with medical so they wont tell you to have another one. And with regards to vaccine requirements looks like she doesnt need it too. SO realistically, it will just take you about $20 for him to transcribe the vaccinations acquired to the I-693.

I just checked all our papers and my wife did not receive anything after her medicals, no DS-3025, nothing. The only thing we have a is her medical history from her family doctor in Poland. What do we do now? Please help

Timeline

I just checked all our papers and my wife did not receive anything after her medicals, no DS-3025, nothing. The only thing we have a is her medical history from her family doctor in Poland. What do we do now? Please help

Still does not mean that the DS-3025 was not included in the package... Did she take this info to her medical?

When in doubt you take what you have to the Civil Surgeon.... If it needs to be translated then you should do it.

YMMV

Timeline

Maybe it was included in the package but she gave the entire package at the airport and did not receive anything back. And she didn't take any papers to the medical for the visa. She asked the family doctor for the medical history just in case she will in it in US

Edited by Kros

kros

i just went through this with my husband a week ago we didn't have a copy of the foreign medical report. so the civil surgeon had my husband take a blood test for the mmr antibody (proving vaccination) that took 3 days and then they completed the rest of the i-693 report for us problem free including the newly required tb test. good luck.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline
Maybe it was included in the package but she gave the entire package at the airport and did not receive anything back. And she didn't take any papers to the medical for the visa. She asked the family doctor for the medical history just in case she will in it in US

Receiving nothing back at the aiport is standard

If she did not take her immunization history to the medical then it cannot be in the package.

Then you must have a CS transcribe onto the I-693 Part II Item 5

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

If you don't have her vaccination history (she should have received a vaccination worksheet at the k-1 medical), then you have a problem. She will either need to repeat all or some of her vaccinations or do the antibody tests.

Read the instructions to the I-693, page 4, section III, #2, part C.

instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

form: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.