immi2006

Question #18

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18: Has your Fiancé(e) met and seen you?

How detailed and specific should the answer to this question be? Should I just explain under what circumstances we first met or should I summarize our whole relationship from beginning to end. I'm afraid of being to vague, but at the same time I don't want to provide excess unnecessary information. She has stayed with me in the past using a Visa waiver but did not state she was staying with her boyfriend(but she did list my address). Also she did attempt to get a visa(denied) to come the US and never mentioned she was staying with me. Also, I have visited her multiple times in her home country. I'm afraid of giving too much information, therefore painting a picture of my girlfriend as being a liar. Maybe I am being too ####### and no matter what I write, it will not make any difference but I just wanted to hear some opinions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am close to completeion of my package and am going over all the details...Thanks in advance for all the help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It is good to say how you met, online and off, for the first time, and then brief out each time you saw each other after that, how many times and where. Finish up with the engagement, if you like.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I attached a statement of how we met, and our subsequent meetings, almost a page long of information. Detailed dates, with hotel names, cities visited, family and friends I met, all backed up with hotel receipts, boarding passes, photos of family and friends.

Good luck,

Bill

Feb. 2005 - Met in Brazil the first time

May. 2005 - Visited Brazil

Aug. 2005 - Visited Brazil

10/30/05 - Mailed I129F

11/09/05 - NOA1

Nov. 2005 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/02/06 - NOA2

Feb. 2006 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/24/06 - Packet received at NVC

03/20/06 - Fiance received packet 3 from consulate

04/26/06 - Fiance received appointment letter

05/09/06 - I flew to Rio

5/10/06 - Met fiance at airport

5/11/06 - Medical exam in Rio

05/12/06 - Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!!

05/17/06 - Received visa in Rio

07/20/06 - POE Miami

10/16/06 - Married!!!!

01/10/07 - Sent AOS and EAD application

01/17/07 - NOA - Receipt

02/02/07 - Biometric appointment

02/09/07 - NOA - Transfer of case to California center

03/22/07 - EAD approved

05/10/07 - AOS approved!!!!

Eulalia and Bill

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hi All,

I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18: Has your Fiancé(e) met and seen you?

How detailed and specific should the answer to this question be? Should I just explain under what circumstances we first met or should I summarize our whole relationship from beginning to end. I'm afraid of being to vague, but at the same time I don't want to provide excess unnecessary information. She has stayed with me in the past using a Visa waiver but did not state she was staying with her boyfriend(but she did list my address). Also she did attempt to get a visa(denied) to come the US and never mentioned she was staying with me. Also, I have visited her multiple times in her home country. I'm afraid of giving too much information, therefore painting a picture of my girlfriend as being a liar. Maybe I am being too ####### and no matter what I write, it will not make any difference but I just wanted to hear some opinions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am close to completeion of my package and am going over all the details...Thanks in advance for all the help.

This question mainly pertains to you proving that you have met in person within the last 2 years. The onus is on you to prove this. The "proof of ongoing relationship" comes at a later stage in the process. I kept my application concise including only what was needed and not bunch of ancillary letters, e-mails, etc.

immi2006

Use Q18 to your advantage. Describe how you met in person to establish the relationship. The evidence you then provide should support that description.....giving the adjudicator a clear image in his/her mind of how you met.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

immi2006

Use Q18 to your advantage. Describe how you met in person to establish the relationship. The evidence you then provide should support that description.....giving the adjudicator a clear image in his/her mind of how you met.

Lorelle

Should I describe in detail how we met? Depending on how specific I answer, the response might end up being very personal. For instance, do I explain the reason why I approached her in a exact location, what we talked about,etc. I don't have any evidence supporting when we first met. It's not like I had a video camera ready. The way I have it written now is I explain how I traveled to her country and met her there while on vacation and support it with airline ticket receipt and passport stamps. I then go through the multiple visits to her country and her visit here to the US. I have evidence showing airline tickets and boarding passes, passport stamps, multiple photos, etc. I clearly state specific dates and back them up with evidence on when I traveled to her country and also when we traveled together. Do you think that should be ok? Or should I eliminate future visits with her and just state the first time we met showing only evidence of the airline flight? Thanks for help

immi2006

Lorelle

Should I describe in detail how we met? Depending on how specific I answer, the response might end up being very personal. For instance, do I explain the reason why I approached her in a exact location, what we talked about,etc. I don't have any evidence supporting when we first met. It's not like I had a video camera ready. The way I have it written now is I explain how I traveled to her country and met her there while on vacation and support it with airline ticket receipt and passport stamps. I then go through the multiple visits to her country and her visit here to the US. I have evidence showing airline tickets and boarding passes, passport stamps, multiple photos, etc. I clearly state specific dates and back them up with evidence on when I traveled to her country and also when we traveled together. Do you think that should be ok? Or should I eliminate future visits with her and just state the first time we met showing only evidence of the airline flight? Thanks for help

No need for personal, mushy things. What you have to show is that your were in the same place at the same time. What you describe sounds just fine. Mention the travel, dates etc and support it with the evidence you mention.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think our statement went like this:

we met online <insert date here> and began chatting/ calling on a regular basis.

We first met in person <insert date here> in Nova Scotia. We spent two weeks together, and I had the opportunity to meet many of her family and friends.

She travelled to Oklahoma in <insert date here> and spent a week here. During this visit, I proposed and she accepted on <insert date here>

etc.

I think it was two paragraphs long, when all said and done, and the dates/facts mentioned were supported by the evidence submitted along with the forms.

The keys to this are:

--when the relationship started / how did you meet initially (in person, online, etc)

--when/where you met in person in the last two years

and backing up your statements with evidence

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I think our statement went like this:

we met online <insert date here> and began chatting/ calling on a regular basis.

We first met in person <insert date here> in Nova Scotia. We spent two weeks together, and I had the opportunity to meet many of her family and friends.

She travelled to Oklahoma in <insert date here> and spent a week here. During this visit, I proposed and she accepted on <insert date here>

etc.

I think it was two paragraphs long, when all said and done, and the dates/facts mentioned were supported by the evidence submitted along with the forms.

The keys to this are:

--when the relationship started / how did you meet initially (in person, online, etc)

--when/where you met in person in the last two years

and backing up your statements with evidence

The problem now though cassie with IMBRA, the air has changed and perhaps one shouldnt add fuel to the fire and have an adjudicator thinking may have met through a marriage broker. I'm thinking maybe those that have met online would be best to leave that out with the initial petition as it may be construed as such. Those doing K visas are going to be asked at the interview, from what is written in the Act, if they met through a MB. When its no they would answer no. Having met in person is the requirement. Just my thoughts.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Thanks for the input. It looks like i'm on the right track. The only thing that has me worried is if the consulate acuses my fiance of lying on a previous visa interview because of this letter. She applied for a visa earlier this month for medical treatment here in the US and when asked if she had a boyfriend she said no. Also the consulate might think she lied about the reason she wanted the visa(which she didn't lie about). He might think the medical reason was just an excuse to be with me. So many variables has my head spinning. Thanks again... You guys are great!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.