bigangrytexan

10 Months?? Seriously?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

So I just got my NOA-1 today. I've been assigned to the Vermont Service Center. I checked the processing times, and they're currently at November 26th, 2007.

That's ten months of waiting, before they even LOOK at our petitions? I mean, honestly, how do they live with themselves? They realize that these are people's LIVES. These are people who have already been separated for years, and you're forcing them to stay apart for longer? I know the whole "be patient" thing, but how can we be patient with a government that does so little for us?

I've been reading these forums for a while now, and I've read so many horror stories about the VSC that it really worries me that I was sent there.

I've just spent the past five years of my life honorably defending our country in the Marine Corps. I've spent over a year of my adult life deployed to Iraq. I've been shot at for America and for our government. And now I have to wait (at least) 10 months for the woman I love, one of the few things in this world that brings me happiness, to be united with me? Especially after I've endured so much misery (trust me, Iraq is not fun).

I'm already at my wit's end with this whole process, and the nightmare has only begun.

My timeline:

07/04/2007: Met in Myrtle Beach, SC

08/24/2007: Said goodbye in Myrtle Beach

09/06/2007: I deploy to Iraq & she returns to Russia

01/20/2008: I propose via webcam from Iraq

04/14/2008: I return from Iraq

07/24/2008: In Moscow to get married

08/12/2008: Married in Russia

09/02/2008: I-130 Sent

09/07/2008: I-130 Received @ Vermont Service Center

09/11/2008: NOA-1

03/24/2009: I-130 & K-3 APPROVED!!! Received update via email.

NVC:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So I just got my NOA-1 today. I've been assigned to the Vermont Service Center. I checked the processing times, and they're currently at November 26th, 2007.

That's ten months of waiting, before they even LOOK at our petitions? I mean, honestly, how do they live with themselves? They realize that these are people's LIVES. These are people who have already been separated for years, and you're forcing them to stay apart for longer? I know the whole "be patient" thing, but how can we be patient with a government that does so little for us?

I've been reading these forums for a while now, and I've read so many horror stories about the VSC that it really worries me that I was sent there.

I've just spent the past five years of my life honorably defending our country in the Marine Corps. I've spent over a year of my adult life deployed to Iraq. I've been shot at for America and for our government. And now I have to wait (at least) 10 months for the woman I love, one of the few things in this world that brings me happiness, to be united with me? Especially after I've endured so much misery (trust me, Iraq is not fun).

I'm already at my wit's end with this whole process, and the nightmare has only begun.

Don't panic when you look at the USCIS website, that is just a USCIS CYA if you ask me. Check out other members' timelines who have been approved, you'll see many well after the November 2007 estimate. Can you file an expidite since you are in the military? Are you active? Is there a chance of deployment soon?

Pull up those bootstraps and buckle down, support your wife and stay positive. You are at the right place

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I hear you.

It took us 295 days (just 10 days shy of 10 months) to get approved by USCIS. Clean case, no RFE, no problems. Only mistake was that I happened to live in a State handled by VSC and happened to file at a time when they were backlogged or the priority was not on reuniting families.

And I consider myself extremely lucky to have gotten approved in that “short” period of time. It breaks my heart every time I see people here that have been waiting much longer than I had to wait. And they continue to endure.

Here is a link to one of my rambling posts written at the most frustrating and disheartening time of my wait.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2194475

After 10 months I was mad at people, life, God, everything and everyone. What can I tell you.

Other people are better at holding faith and hope. I didn’t lose it but came very close.

Good luck with your petition and I sincerely hope that things get better for you and everyone.

11/03/07: Civil Wedding

05/03/08: Religious Wedding

I-130 Timeline

11/27/07: I-130 sent to VSC

01/28/08: NOA1

02/24/08: Touched

08/13/08: I-130 transferred from VSC to CSC

08/14/08: Touched

08/21/08: I-130 now pending at CSC

09/17/08: Touched in the morning

09/17/08: NOA2 - Approval email sent at 10:15 PM. 295 days. 9 months, 21 days

09/18/08: Touched

09/19/08: Touched

NVC Timeline

09/24/08: Case number generated

10/02/08: AOS and IV invoice mailed by NVC. DS-3032 not needed

10/07/08: AOS invoiced received and paid online

10/08/08: IV invoice paid online

10/09/08: AOS and IV shows paid in online system. Printed bar coded pages

10/10/08: Mailed I864 package

10/14/08: I-864 package received at NVC

10/16/08: Mailed DS-230 package

10/17/08: DS-230 package received at NVC

10/24/08: Case complete. 31 days from NVC receipt to completion

10/29/08: NVC assigned interview date of 12/22/08

The last mile

12/22/08: Interview at the Lima, Peru embassy completed

12/23/08: Passport and documents picked up at DHL facility in Lima

12/27/08: Point of Entry - Miami International Airport. 398 days. 1 year, 1 month from submission of I130 to U.S. arrival

01/21/09: My wife received Residence Card in the mail

02/13/09: My wife received Social Security Card in the mail (had to go to SS office and apply in person)

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

12/08/10: Received at VSC

12/24/10: Biometrics notice date

01/14/11: Biometrics appointment date

05/10/11: Approval letter received

Timeline

Canadianwife:

I'm getting out of the Marine Corps in exactly seven days (I am fed up with the crippling amounts of bureaucracy and politics). I'm not going deploy again ever (thank god). My command won't do anything for me because I lost my security clearance because I followed all of the procedures and announced my intention of marrying a Russian. They're just waiting to kick me to the curb in seven days. Even if they were willing to do something for me, the CO really can't say anything. Since I'm getting out, I won't be needed by the command, so therefore, they can't justify an expedition. And there is no expedition criteria for "honorably serving the the US Marine Corps for 5 years, while spending a year in Iraq, and getting shot at" trust me... I already checked.

In my packet, I put a letter explaining my situation and requesting an expedition, but I'm not holding my breath. I know that the people who work in these cubicle-filled hellholes have had their heart and soul drained out of them a long time ago by this leech we know as bureaucracy. Call me a pessimist, but I've had to deal with the government for long enough to know that any hopes of a speedy processing is nothing more than a dream.

My timeline:

NVC:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I guess you should prepare yourself for long waiting. Look at our case. We sent our petition at the end of January. We also sent petition for K3 to make all this process go more quickly. (like everyone knows K3 were created to bring your foreigh spouse more quickly) We were trying to expedite our case with senators help. Got denied. Later we found frough USCIS officer that no one even filed expedite request for us! 7 days ago we filed expedite directly frough USCIS. Well, we are still waiting for our NOA2 already 7,5 months. I really wish you good luck! Hope you guys won't have to wait so long time.

Jen

post-48885-1221784941.jpg

Our Immigration Timeline:

Our Wedding in Russia - 12/22/07

Form I-130 sent to Vermont - 01/31/08

NOA 1 - 02/19/08

Update - 02/24/08

Update - 05/07/08

Update - 05/08/08

Expedite approved - 10/09/2008

NOA2 - 10/16/2008

Form I-129F sent to Vermont - 02/29/08

NOA 1 - 03/04/08

Update - 03/06/08

Update - 03/26/08

NOA2 - 10/16/2008

Interview date: 11/25/2008

Timeline

Jen & James & Garu

I really wish the best of luck to you. Everyone knows that this entire process is remarkably inefficient and utterly ridiculous. The only thing I can say is to make sure you vote for the presidential candidate who promises immigration reform. The system is flat out broken, and everyone knows it. I really do hope that your case gets resolved soon. No one should be forced to be kept away from their loved ones because of politicians and bureaucracy. This is a country of immigrants, and for the life of me, I really want to know where in history that part of America changed. I've spent five years of my adult life defending this country, I really would like to be reassured that it wasn't all in vain.

My timeline:

NVC:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Jen & James & Garu

I really wish the best of luck to you. Everyone knows that this entire process is remarkably inefficient and utterly ridiculous. The only thing I can say is to make sure you vote for the presidential candidate who promises immigration reform. The system is flat out broken, and everyone knows it. I really do hope that your case gets resolved soon. No one should be forced to be kept away from their loved ones because of politicians and bureaucracy. This is a country of immigrants, and for the life of me, I really want to know where in history that part of America changed. I've spent five years of my adult life defending this country, I really would like to be reassured that it wasn't all in vain.

bigangrytexan, thank you for your good wishes! I guess we all need them now! It is very depressing to be apart with your loved one and kid for such a long time.

Jen

post-48885-1221785717.gif

Our Immigration Timeline:

Our Wedding in Russia - 12/22/07

Form I-130 sent to Vermont - 01/31/08

NOA 1 - 02/19/08

Update - 02/24/08

Update - 05/07/08

Update - 05/08/08

NOA2 - 10/16/2008

Form I-129F sent to Vermont - 02/29/08

NOA 1 - 03/04/08

Update - 03/06/08

Update - 03/26/08

NOA2 - 10/16/2008

Interview date: 11/25/2008

Bit[h and moan all you want but bottomline the best way to handle is to get all your paperwork ready to go when asked for and triple check it for accuracy so you won't get RFEs.

USCIS like any business screws up now and then and there's not much one can do except bit[h and moan. :help:

As more peeps in the world become more and more involved with computers there will be more and more people using immigration.

USCIS processing times will no doubt slow down because of such. Consider yourselfs lucky you can still immigrate. It will no doubt be limited more in the near future.

They recently came close to not allowing naturalized USCs on bringing parents in. More restrictions are yet to come.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
###### and moan all you want but bottomline the best way to handle is to get all your paperwork ready to go when asked for and triple check it for accuracy so you won't get RFEs.

USCIS like any business screws up now and then and there's not much one can do except ###### and moan. :help:

As more peeps in the world become more and more involved with computers there will be more and more people using immigration.

USCIS processing times will no doubt slow down because of such. Consider yourselfs lucky you can still immigrate. It will no doubt be limited more in the near future.

They recently came close to not allowing naturalized USCs on bringing parents in. More restrictions are yet to come.

Thank you for your kind words, Haole. They have been very helpful and insightful.

/sarcasm off

My timeline:

NVC:

I guess they enjoy destrying families, maybe they are all married to american wives/husbands, that's why they don't care, if they are immigrants, SHAME ON THEM!

Timeline
I guess they enjoy destrying families, maybe they are all married to american wives/husbands, that's why they don't care, if they are immigrants, SHAME ON THEM!

Oddo, I don't believe that they enjoy destroying families. I believe that they simply do not care if they help or hurt people either way. As long as they get their paycheck and they don't draw any negative attention to themselves, then they aren't going to do much else besides the bare minimum. Call me jaded, but that's simply been my experience in dealing with the government.

My timeline:

NVC:

BIGANGRY-

It is a painful experience and as I tell my mates, I would have to hesitate to do it over again but yes I would - I love my husband very much and we spent a year apart waiting and waiting for some type of movement to NVC.

What I will tell you is this. I took our plight to the airwaves, I did not hold back and I felt in my own mind, that I made headway (dreamer sorry) - The only thing that I realized that was each step you are approved, the anger of the step is left behind. The process is not.

We enlisted in this journey during a pretty bad time, there were so many of us just waiting for a NOA1 for five to six months, and then some lost in the dark black hole. But most of us now are entering the NVC stage or getting ready for interivews.

The tension, the hurt at our government - FRUSTRATION of the way things are done, having done it LEGALLY (which is the only way to do it) are in my mind, but not foremost anymore.

You give to your government, you happen to fall in love with someone from another country (and with the internet nowadays that is not hard) you enter a whole new world - my saying was to people that have no clue about what this LEGAL IMMIGRATION ISSUE IS ABOUT......you dont know until you walk in our shoes.

Hang in there, you will have bad days and good ( well the bad seemed to over ride the good there for awhile) the anger is undeniable, but the one thing you have to remember - it will be done soon and with all that so called ####### you went through to get your mate here, once they are HERE, you will know why you did this journey and stuck with it.

Wishing you godspeed on your journey and VisaJourney helped me understand so much of this process - so many great people I have met and will always remember - their joys when approved, their disheartment when an RFE or in most cases - silence.

DONT GIVE UP - just know that time will take care of this.

Cheers

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

BigAngry

We ALL identify with you, some have been waiting months and years. Some, like myself, have just begun this journey. But I've realized being pissed off is only making the time go slower. As the displaced spouse, I draw strength from my husband's strength. I know he is having a terrible time in the US without his wife, but when he is positive and hopeful, I draw on his attitude and feel confident about our decision to suffer the wait and bureaucracy.

you're in the right place, the support here is amazing!

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Other Timeline

I hear you.

It took us 295 days (just 10 days shy of 10 months) to get approved by USCIS. Clean case, no RFE, no problems. Only mistake was that I happened to live in a State handled by VSC and happened to file at a time when they were backlogged or the priority was not on reuniting families.

And I consider myself extremely lucky to have gotten approved in that “short” period of time. It breaks my heart every time I see people here that have been waiting much longer than I had to wait. And they continue to endure.

Here is a link to one of my rambling posts written at the most frustrating and disheartening time of my wait.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2194475

After 10 months I was mad at people, life, God, everything and everyone. What can I tell you.

Other people are better at holding faith and hope. I didn’t lose it but came very close.

Good luck with your petition and I sincerely hope that things get better for you and everyone.

Hey fellow 2/24 VSC Black Hole veteran!!! :thumbs:

OP: believe me I feel your frustration, there was a whole bunch of us who filed in January and February who were touched on 2/24 when the file was put online and then no touches, nothing whatsoever for 6 months or more.... See if you can get an expedite based on your military service, I know fir others this has been successful - Good luck!!

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Bit[h and moan all you want but bottomline the best way to handle is to get all your paperwork ready to go when asked for and triple check it for accuracy so you won't get RFEs.

USCIS like any business screws up now and then and there's not much one can do except bit[h and moan. :help:

I agree with you.

USCIS is absolutely swamped. Someone posted some stats about how many applications were being processed and its in the millions. I know what it's like to work for goverment when you are swamped. You have people pulling you in all directions, then suddenly some policy changes so you have to change the way you work, then a week letter it changes again so you are back to square one. Sometimes you can't even advise someone as you know the policy will be changing soon.

I'm glad that USCIS, the government and such are so meticulous, they are ensuring that the country is safe and are protecting their citizens. They are also protecting their interests, which I can understand. I wish my country was more strict with the immigration process. I also notice some people talk about rights as US citizens etc etc (not necessarily in this thread) but they need to remember that immigration is a privilage not a right.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.