sweet_ma0786

new here but this is my story and i need a lot of help please!!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hey everybody

i live in the US since over a year now... i only have a working visa (emplyment authorization visa) so far but im waiting on the green card... im married to an US citizen but marriage basically totally sucks and just want to move on... well i got a great job tho which i love and dont want to quit workin...

what if i get a divorce now is there any way i could stay in the US and keep workin and living here???

please help

thanks a lot

i already had that interview for the green card in march 2008

Edited by sweet_ma0786

What do you mean waiting on the green card?

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hey everybody

i live in the US since over a year now... i only have a working visa (emplyment authorization visa) so far but im waiting on the green card... im married to an US citizen but marriage basically totally sucks and just want to move on... well i got a great job tho which i love and dont want to quit workin...

what if i get a divorce now is there any way i could stay in the US and keep workin and living here???

please help

thanks a lot

What was the result of your interview?

When did you get married?

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
hey everybody

please help

thanks a lot

I assume that you are applying for Conditional Green Card based on the marriage to US citizen.

If you can prove to INS that the marriage was intended at good will rather than evasive mean to get green card (provide a proof a living together, sharing bank account, lease, wedding pictures etc, plus any additional evidences if existed (beaten, harrassed by the spouse etc...), there is a chance you will get a green card. I guess you might have to file a form updating your situation to INS or you might have to wait till the green card interview. Either way, bring those proofs & be prepared to convince the officer you came to the marriage at good will originally.

In parallel, talk to your employer about your situation, if your job is essential to them, they can sponsor you for a green card. However, it's a long way. Good luck

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

If you are waiting on a conditional green card you will be sent back to your home country at his expense. once you have an adjustment os status and have the conditional part remove on the green card you can do whatever you and stay. GOOD LUCK!!!!

I married my love on 12/24/07

I filed for the I 130 on 1/23/08

Receipt number recevied 2/13/08

Paperwork sent to Guangzhou on 1/23/09

Interview 5/21/09 PASSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa 5/23/09

POE 6/2/09

Home 6/3/09

FILED I-751

SENT PAPERWORK 3/8/11

NOA-1 3/10/11

BIOMETERICS 4/29/11

WAITING APPROVAL

Marriage Sucks!!

Do u think Marriage is a joke?? Why did you marry this person?? I can sense just to get the green card!! I hate people like you!! No moral values, nothing what soever!!! Have you gone for marriage counseling, tried to work with your spouse to solve the issues you r having??? Man, I am mad !! Don't you reply to me, again! I am not even coming back to this post reding your comments!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Marriage Sucks!!

Do u think Marriage is a joke?? Why did you marry this person?? I can sense just to get the green card!! I hate people like you!! No moral values, nothing what soever!!! Have you gone for marriage counseling, tried to work with your spouse to solve the issues you r having??? Man, I am mad !! Don't you reply to me, again! I am not even coming back to this post reding your comments!

wow... a little uncalled for don't you think? You have no idea what this person is going through or what they have tried... so calm down there killer...

I-130 Timeline:

12-11-2007- Married my Love

02-08-2008- CSC receives I-130

02-11-2008- Received Hardcopy NOA1

08-14-2008- Approved!!! 216 days...

08-21-2008- NOA2 Hardcopy received

08-27-2008- NVC Receives file, NVC Case Number issued

09-05-2008- AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 Generated

09-06-2008- E-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

09-11-2008- Received Hardcopy of DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

09-15-2008- Mailed Hardcopy of DS-3032

09-16-2008- Paid $70 AOS fee online

09-17-2008- Received E-mail confirming the DS-3032 Agent

09-17-2008- Printed Coversheet for AOS paperwork

09-17-2008- IV Bill Invoiced

12-16-2008- Sent I-864 EZ to NVC

NOW: Debating on current situation...

.png

Filed: Timeline
Marriage Sucks!!

Who made YOU God to read the original poster's mind. If you have nothing constructive to say, STFU. She/he asked for IMMIGRATION advise, not for your opinions about marriage or morablity.

To the original poster: if you Adjusted Status from a work visa through marriage nad get divorced; you would have to Remove Conditions on your residency on your own; proving the marriage was entered in good faith and not as an attempt to gain permanent residence.

You might want to consult an attorney.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.