nmh

proof of an ongoing relationship

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. I've sent my I-129F 4 months ago to the CSC. I told my fiance that we will need to have proof of an ongoing relationship such as e-mails. She has not sent any e-mails during this time, for me I got tired of sending without a response. We have only used IM 3 times and the last time was almost 2 months ago. When I do call I always use a phone card so no phone bill. As far as I can tell she will not use e-mails and has not made a great effort for us to chat online. For some reason she does not comprehend the importance to show proof of an ongoing relationship or even her required paperwork for the interview though I have asked her many times to look at the required paperwork to understand what she will need. The only thing she knows she needs is a police clearance from two countries Korea and now UAE. She is a citizen of the Philippines. She has not gotten this police clearance as well. My question is this, if we have very little proof of an ongoing relationshop how might this affect the interview at the embassy? Thank you.

I did not submit any emails. what I did was use phone service like Talkloop, Sarimanok, etc which have the capability of printing out a call log. if you have been with her since submitting the 129f, provide her with evidence of the visit. If you've provided any type of support, send her the receipts. exchange some snail mails. It's better to be prepared with some evidence than not have any to submit.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Hi. I've sent my I-129F 4 months ago to the CSC. I told my fiance that we will need to have proof of an ongoing relationship such as e-mails. She has not sent any e-mails during this time, for me I got tired of sending without a response. We have only used IM 3 times and the last time was almost 2 months ago. When I do call I always use a phone card so no phone bill. As far as I can tell she will not use e-mails and has not made a great effort for us to chat online. For some reason she does not comprehend the importance to show proof of an ongoing relationship or even her required paperwork for the interview though I have asked her many times to look at the required paperwork to understand what she will need. The only thing she knows she needs is a police clearance from two countries Korea and now UAE. She is a citizen of the Philippines. She has not gotten this police clearance as well. My question is this, if we have very little proof of an ongoing relationshop how might this affect the interview at the embassy? Thank you.

If you have little proof of relationship, then yes you can be denied your Visa. If you havent already gotten an RFE for not not evidence of relationship.

The whole point of a K1 interview is to prove that the relationship is bonefide and have proof of evidence to back it up.

Lack of communication records could be bad news at the USE interview. Only thing to compensate would be if you made a LOT of trips to see her.

Sounds like it's up to you to use a communication company that has records.

Tell her unless she wants to stay in PI eating malunggay, rice and bangus to get off her puwit and email, chat and use normal communication like most do.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

"You really need to provide proof of bonafide relationship to show that the relationship is genuine and that you really know each other..they will ask this ff:Pictures of u and her together,emails,chatlogs.sms,phone bill,money remitance,hotels reciept,ticket of airlines,reciepts of gifts,cards,letters,stamp of passport to show if how many times uve been visited her...if you can provide all of this much better,but hope atleast u can provide most of this requirements.and also the invoice of the engagement ring u purchased for her..goodluck!!

God bless,

Irene

Prayer is the best to start a day...A day for us to have faith to face trials & value what life is....!!! have a nice day to everyone!!!!

LokaShadow04

Timeline
Hi. I've sent my I-129F 4 months ago to the CSC. I told my fiance that we will need to have proof of an ongoing relationship such as e-mails. She has not sent any e-mails during this time, for me I got tired of sending without a response. We have only used IM 3 times and the last time was almost 2 months ago. When I do call I always use a phone card so no phone bill. As far as I can tell she will not use e-mails and has not made a great effort for us to chat online. For some reason she does not comprehend the importance to show proof of an ongoing relationship or even her required paperwork for the interview though I have asked her many times to look at the required paperwork to understand what she will need.The only thing she knows she needs is a police clearance from two countries Korea and now UAE. She is a citizen of the Philippines. She has not gotten this police clearance as well. My question is this, if we have very little proof of an ongoing relationshop how might this affect the interview at the embassy? Thank you.

about the embassy, its case to case basis. you have to prove that the relationship is bonafide.the card u used can help too. about the highlighted in your message, I'm just wondering about ur fiance, it seems she is not doing some extra effort for this application, im sorry bout if your fiance won't cooperate the usem has the reason to deny your application. have you made ur travel to Phils?the tickets, hotel receipts,pictures can be a big help to prove it..since you just submitted it two months ago, you guys can still have time to accumulate those supporting documents. goodluck.

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

Timeline

Thank you for your replies. I believe I have everything I need for the NOA2 but more concerned about the interview. She is now working in UAE, if she was in the Philippines I would visit her. She is planning to go back home in time for the interview. She would be back in the Philippines now if I paid for the fine of 2200 and the plane ticket of 700. Since she made the decision to go there before we made the firm decision to live in the U.S.A. but I did ask her not to go there and I believe it is her responsibility to pay this and she and her family do have the money to pay for this. I do question why she has not made the effort to do the simple things that I ask of her. I've told her that she runs the risk of not passing the interview without this. I dont think that made a huge impression on her. I do hope she will change and be more helpful in this process.

Thank you for your replies. I believe I have everything I need for the NOA2 but more concerned about the interview. She is now working in UAE, if she was in the Philippines I would visit her. She is planning to go back home in time for the interview. She would be back in the Philippines now if I paid for the fine of 2200 and the plane ticket of 700. Since she made the decision to go there before we made the firm decision to live in the U.S.A. but I did ask her not to go there and I believe it is her responsibility to pay this and she and her family do have the money to pay for this. I do question why she has not made the effort to do the simple things that I ask of her. I've told her that she runs the risk of not passing the interview without this. I dont think that made a huge impression on her. I do hope she will change and be more helpful in this process.

"I dont think that made a huge impression on her."

If she doesn't care about her passing the interview after all the cost, time and stress YOU will go thru. Find one that does.

There are millions of loving, caring pinay that would love to get a shot at bettering your and her life in the US.

I got one that did so and couldn't be happier.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

If she doesn't care about her passing the interview after all the cost, time and stress YOU will go thru. Find one that does. There are millions of loving, caring pinay that would love to get a shot at you and the US.

Uhh that kinda sounds wrong in so many ways....

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If she doesn't care about her passing the interview after all the cost, time and stress YOU will go thru. Find one that does. There are millions of loving, caring pinay that would love to get a shot at you and the US.

One of the ways it sounds wrong is that the OP is still using calling cards that provide no record. He can change that but evidently there's an "impression" problem on both sides.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

One of the ways it sounds wrong is that the OP is still using calling cards that provide no record. He can change that but evidently there's an "impression" problem on both sides.

I was talking about Haole's comment about Filipino women....but yeah that's a good point too.

There are millions of loving, caring pinay that would love to get a shot at bettering your and her life in the US.

I got one that did so and we couldn't be happier.

I cleaned it up a little. It's basically the truth!!

It can be a trade off. Man gets beautiful asian woman that takes unreal care of him in EVERY way and the woman ends up with a caring man than not only takes good care of her in EVERY way but sometimes helps out her family in her home country also.

Been there! doing that! Goes way beyond just loving!

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I apologize if I have misunderstood. But it seems to me that the Ms. shows a tad bit of indifference as to the whole matter. By what nmh has written it seems as if she is ok with whatever happens. In reference to communication, when do you communicate and by what means ? I call my fiancee every eve through the PC using MSN video phone call, in addition we, text, IM and email. I could not see being for a long period of time without communicating with her. Please I am not judging or critizicing, jsut trying to understand. I would feel there would be a little more effort from the other side, that's all. J.

K1 (K2) Application
06-19-2008 I-129F sent (Vermont SC)
06-28-2008 NOA1 / 11-11-2008 NOA2
02-03-2009 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!
02-17-2009 Visa received (for both)
04-27-2009 ARRIVED IN MIAMI
05-30-2009 MARRIED (L)

AOS
07-30-2009 I-485/I-765/I-131 (CIS office Miami)
08-27-2009 NOA1 date
09-03-2009 Biometrics (appt date 09-23-09)
09-18-2009 NOA2
10-21-2009 INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED
10-31-2009 Green card Received (for my wife and daughter) :joy:

ROC
07-21-2011 I-751 sent to VSC
07-30-2011 NOA1 Date
08-08-2011 Biometrics (appt date 08-26-11)
09-06-2011 Biometrics re-take (appt date 09-28-11)
03-26-2012 RFE – additional evidence / 04-19-2012 Sent docs
07-27-2012 Interview letter (appt date 08-30-12)
08-30-2012 INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED
09-13-2012 10 Year Green card received (for my wife and daughter) :joy:

N-400

07-02-2015 N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX / 07-09-2015 check cashed
07-16-2015 NOA1
07-17-2015 Biometrics (appt date 07-30-15 / CIS office Oakland Park, FL)
08-03-2015 Case in line for interview

08-20-2015 Interview letter rcvd (appt date 09-22-15 / Hialeah, FL office)

09-22-2015 INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED (Oath Ceremony date 09-26-15)

09-26-2015 OATH TAKEN. I GOT MY CERTIFICATE OF NATURALIZATION :joy:

11-16-2015 Passport application

12-07-2015 US Passport received

12-09-2015 Got back CoN

N-600 for daughter

05-21-2016 Application sent (13 yo)

06-28-2016 Non-Delivery of Notice request sent since no receipt or letter with case # was received (reply rcvd on 07-13-2016)

07-25-2016 Checked status online: In Line for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

08-20-2016 Oath Ceremony letter received (now 14 yo) (date 08-27-2016)

08-27-2016 OATH TAKEN IN CEREMONY. DAUGHTER GOT CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP AND END OF THE JOURNEY :joy:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.